[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

East meets west

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nqj59dP8eV1ttunyvo1_1280.jpg (374KB, 869x1218px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqj59dP8eV1ttunyvo1_1280.jpg
374KB, 869x1218px
Has there been any comic writers you want to write for a manga
Always want to Garth Ennis and Ajin or Madoka and Gaiman
>>
>>94848568

Not really, mostly because if we are being honest I can't think of any comic book writers whose work I enjoy for the writing.

Maybe old-school Alan Moore, but he hasn't been that guy for a long time.

In general the writing of western comics is a shitshow because of issues of pacing and the fact that almost every story or plot thread created by a writer gets resolved years later by a different writer who probably didn't even get your notes. And that's not even counting the executive curveballs likes getting told in the middle of your run that you have to switch spidermans or its time for Civil War 9 or something.

I don't read western comics for the stories, I read them for the characters and hope that this issue will be one of the good ones instead of one of the bad.

Manga I read for the stories, because manga is actually allowed to tell stories from start to finish, not from start to- has it been three years? Lets restart.
>>
>>94848691
Yeah, in general I think western comics are usually better for short-term isolated moments and manga are usually better for long term build.

(Assuming that we're talking about the best of both types. The worst manga are otherworldly bad.)
>>
>>94848845

Obviously, we are talking about the best. If you are looking for garbage, both east and west have some really awful stuff to bring to the table. "80% of everything is shit" is a rule that holds true for every medium.
>>
>>94848691

Adding to this, the stories in comics generally can't surprise me too much, because I know the world-ending plot happening in Fantastic 4 issue 96 won't be allowed to happen no matter what, because it shares a world with dozens of other stories and those are all still ongoing. People of importance almost never die, and if they do its generally considered to be a temporary measure. They'll get brought back when the plot needs them somehow, or in the next reboot.

When people die in manga, they generally stay dead unless resurrection magic is just a part of the setting like Dungeon Meshi. Sometimes, in manga, the world legitimately just fucking ends. Sometimes the good guys lose. Not all the time, but often enough that I can never be 100% certain that it wont happen again.
>>
>>94848691
>western comics equals capeshit from US monopolists

toppest keks.
>>
>>94848959
Yeah but you're comparing superheroes to all manga instead of it's equivalent, shonenshit. You get the same shit where you know if and when a character dies and shit due to cliches being repeated. There are self contained stuff like Enigma or Flex Mentallo and sometimes you can read a run on a character and just stop there(Moore's Swamp Thing). Other times a a series(Sandman) can have pin offs that re just as good or even better(Lucifer) and you can easily ignore the bad stuff. Also, there are plenty of cartoonists like Farel Dalrymple that puts out great work after great work.
I've read more manga but yeah, this guy >>94848876 is right
>80% of everything is shit
And I also agree with the sentiment that nowadays I can't really find any great writers and I'm just left thinking "damn, this is such a waste of good art.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.