[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Shadow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (26KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 250x350px
What the best of recent comic takes on the Character of The Shadow?.
>>
Not the current run shit by Dynamite. That's just SJW garbage.
>>
>>94844197
Oh shit really? I heard that when one was a return to core concept of an unapologetically "pulp" hero.
>>
File: The Shadow Strikes #1.jpg (289KB, 1024x1578px) Image search: [Google]
The Shadow Strikes #1.jpg
289KB, 1024x1578px
>>94844125
In my opinion the best Shadow series I have read is The Shadow Strikes. It's not that new but it is accessible online.
>>
File: theshadow22.jpg (87KB, 564x866px) Image search: [Google]
theshadow22.jpg
87KB, 564x866px
>>94844724
If you want something recent, the first volume of the 2012 Shadow series was quite good. I found the second volume to be weak but then volumes 3 and 4 were good.
>>
>>94844763
Matt Wagner also writes the Shadow quite well. The Shadow: Year One, The Shadow: The Death of Margo Lane, and Grendel vs. The Shadow are all solid runs.
>>
File: Kaluta 70's.jpg (695KB, 856x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Kaluta 70's.jpg
695KB, 856x1250px
>>94844844
If you don't mind silver age comics I also recommend the 1973-1975 DC series.
>>
File: InTheCoilsoftheLeviathan#1.jpg (720KB, 1024x1588px) Image search: [Google]
InTheCoilsoftheLeviathan#1.jpg
720KB, 1024x1588px
>>94844871
Dark Horse also produced several comics for the Shadow which I find are not super easy to get your hands on but if you can you won't be disappointed.
The Shadow: In the Coils of the Leviathan
The Shadow and Doc Savage
The Shadow and the Mysterious Three
The Shadow: Hell's Heat Wave
The Shadow (based on the 1994 movie)
>>
File: nose comparison.jpg (73KB, 400x617px) Image search: [Google]
nose comparison.jpg
73KB, 400x617px
>>94844979
The Shadow/Green Hornet: Dark Nights as well as Masks were good Shadow crossovers, however, I don't recommend Masks 2.
>>
Good luck reading the Shadow, Anon. He's a pretty cool character and I hope you enjoy.
>>
>>94845033
I read Masks 2 myself. Ho hoho holy shit what an absolute clusterfuck of shit. Sudden timeskips back and forward with little indication with ham-fisted characters, of which there are far too many. And the fanservice isn't even that good.

All the characters just show up in a room kinda interacting. No giant surprises from young Kato meeting his daughter or Green Hornet Sr. meeting his son. Then even more convoluted time-travelling bullshit that results in a kinda cool robo Shadow showing up with other weird shit. It was absolutely terrible.
>>
>>94844979
I have Mysterious Three but only two parts of Leviathan. Damn shame.
>>
>>94844197
>>94844248
Watch son...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uqjBum_xd5Q
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.