[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people think Luanne deserved better than Lucky?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: luanne lucky.jpg (30KB, 570x427px) Image search: [Google]
luanne lucky.jpg
30KB, 570x427px
Why do people think Luanne deserved better than Lucky?
>>
>>94840182
They don't appreciate Tom Petty I guess.
>>
>>94840182
she ended with that guy?
>>
Waifufags
>>
hank's influence was changing Luan to be a morally upstanding person. Lucky is a likable guy, and a good friend, but there is nothing morally upstanding about slip-and-fall scam artists.
>>
She is pretty and he is ugly
>>
>>94840292
I think there was a huge age difference as well. Luanne is 20? and Lucky is pretty much double her age.
>>
>>94840182
Luanne was always shit, her and Lucky getting together only dragged him down to her level
>>
>>94840182
I just think Lucky doesn't deserve anything
>>
>>94840566
Bad taste
>>
I feel bad for Luanne, in early seasons she didnt want to be a redneck, seemed somewhat smart, and coulds fix cars.

Eventually became a knocked up trailer trash beauty school drop out
>>
>>94841909
>Eventually became a knocked up trailer trash beauty school drop out

Married, living in the same neighorborhood as Hank, proprietor of a barbershop
>>
>>94840243
Yep, had a kid.
>>
>>94840363
>Lucky is 40
He's like, 27, at the most.
>>
File: luanne_blooper.gif (4MB, 390x312px) Image search: [Google]
luanne_blooper.gif
4MB, 390x312px
>>94840182
>>
>>94842364
wat.
>>
>>94840182
I thought Lucky was the one that died.
>>
>>94841929
And yet she works while her husband doesn't and has little interest in changing that. People can blame Peggy all they want but he chose to not complete high school and chose not to try again for a GED after she failed him and showed no plans to do anything with a GED should he get one. On top of that, he's a criminal.
>>
>>94842839
Hank was helping him out.
Lucky seemed to understand the importance of getting a job after Hank put it in his head.
>>
>>94840182
Misplaced sentimentality
>>
>>94842523
back in the olden times, blooper shows were a thing that almost every major network did
this originally aired along with a bunch of other fox bloopers and outtakes
>>
>>94840182
Because for like the first five or six seasons she was determined to not end up as trailer trash like her mom. King of the Hill is really good but I don't know why the hell they turned Luanne into a drooling retard who becomes the one thing she was desperately trying not to be during the last few seasons.
>>
On one hand: Lucky was ugly as sin, squandered a financial windfall from his lawsuit on his truck, and a lazy under achiever.

On the other hand, he was pretty honest about who and what he was (even with the lawsuit stuff, IIRC the show stated it was more luck than manipulating the system), was stead fastly loyal to his friends, willing to help out strangers, and cared for Luanne in ways that Buckly or any of the other boyfriends Luanne had.

In a lot of ways, Luanne did way better than you would think with Lucky.
>>
luanne's character arc was her rising above her trailer trash roots. Lucky basically undid all of it.
>>
>>94843036
Luanne was always pretty retarded, even when she was attempting to better herself.

And hey, she didn't end up being trailer trash. She might have married a hick, but they love each other. Unlike her parents who hated each other.
>>
>>94842861
Did he ever get a job? No. The one time he tried he decided to sue Dale and try to seize his house.
>>
>>94841983
If he was meant to be 27 they picked the wrong voice actor.
>>
More like she dragged HIM down. He was making buku bucks on peepee money to would have bought him the much needed truck nuts.
>>
>>94841983
The wiki says he's 28 with no justification at all.

>>94843036
Luanne just wasn't the same after that explosion.
>>
>>94843111
It's never relevant again but basically the episode ends with Lucky saying "Luanne we can't be retarded with our money, no more." also it was supposed to be the first Series finale before it was renewed.
>>
>>94842364
>luanne constantly teasing hank with her huge tits whenever peggy isn't around
wew
>>
>>94840182
Lucky is a lazy-ass that did absolutely nothing in life.

Luanne wanted something? I guess? She was able to get a job at least, and maybe go be a barber?
>>
>>94840292
Oh I don't know. He put himself in risk and the only "victims" were evil corporations. He's practically a folk hero.
>>
>>94842536
Buckley
>>
>>94840182
The audience deserved better than Luanne.
>>
>tfw Luanne’s va passed away irl
>>
>>94843036
I think this is the main reason. Luanne's thing in the early days was wanting to better herself and make something of herself and people feel cheated that she didn't.

I'm actually okay with it though, because for the most part KotH is a show about ordinary folks and very often ordinary folks don't get to live their dreams. Events and people come along and change things for them and they end up living out unremarkable lives. From that point of view, Luanne and Lucky is very believable.
>>
>>94840182
"..resist the trailer park, Luanne!... resist the ..oh fuckit..."
>>
>>94840182
>Why do people think Luanne deserved better than Lucky?
Because she's the traditional version of good looking and we've been conditioned by Disney and the likes to believe attractive = morally good.
>>
File: Bill broken.jpg (38KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
Bill broken.jpg
38KB, 500x378px
>Luanne is in beauty school
>spend several episodes on it
>she's struggling
>scratch that, she's utter shit at it
>it stresses her out a lot
>she decides to transfer to community college
>spend several episodes on that
>it doesn't show her excelling but it's implied she's doing better there than in beauty school
>My Hair Lady
>she fucking drops out of college on a whim after spending 2 and a half years there
>decides she wants to be a hairdresser again
>passes super easily despite her being shit at beauty school
>they explain it with Bill tutoring her
>even though he could've tutored her anytime when she was still in beauty school but it never happened until now
>>
>>94844323
Makes sense, I think. The beauty school environment didn't work for her, and she didn't seem to like the other students there. But later in the series, she's matured a bit, and has gained enough discipline to go to community college.

>>94843812
I think it's not so much that Luanne gave up her dreams, but that her life became better in ways she didn't expect. SHe has a loving husband who's a caring father to their daughter, she's had success with Manger Babies, landed a good job and a great house, and escaped the unhealthy abuse of her old life. Even if Lucky is a bit of a loser, even if she engages in a few redneck activities, even if she is an idiot, she's way better off by the end than when she started.
>>
>>94843102
Except the first few episodes she knew her way around a car, more so than hank and the guys. Then they drop that part of her character for the hair saloon college.
>>
File: aww yeah.webm (537KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
aww yeah.webm
537KB, 640x480px
>>94840182
this
>>
>>94843311
>28
Meth is one hell of a drug.
>>
File: lat sp fusion without printing.jpg (41KB, 447x507px) Image search: [Google]
lat sp fusion without printing.jpg
41KB, 447x507px
>>94840292
>slip-and-fall scam artists.
He broke two of vertebrae that had to be fused together. That's not an injury that's easy to live with.
>>
>>94844640
Was KotH the first, possibly the only western show with decent Gainaxing?
>>
>>94843102
Her parents didn't start hating themselves. It's very possible that they got along when Luanne was a baby and grew apart with time so we don't know yet if Luanne won't end up stabbing lucky with a fork. Lucky could also become an alcoholic or meth addict or something
>>
>>94840182
disparaging levels of attractiveness for one
>>
>>94843036
But she didn't become the one thing she hated, she owns her own home and business and has a loving and stable family. I really wish all of the idjits who equate "marrying Lucky" with "becoming redneck trailer trash" would rewatch the last few seasons.
>>
>>94840182
I don't know what you mean. Lucky and Luanne genuinely love each other and the show doesn't hint at them breaking up any time soon. He could be "better" in a lot of ways but as far as Luanne is concerned, she's doing just great.
>>
>>94842364
mike judge what are you doing
>>
>>94844323
>she fucking drops out of college on a whim after spending 2 and a half years there
This part is more realistic than you think.
Stupid fucking kids going to school for obnoxious amounts of loan debt then decide to just drop out anyways is incredibly common. In this case it being community college is a bit less expensive but the point still stands.
>>
>>94844747

I'm still recovering from a plateau fracture of my tibia I had a few months ago. Had to get an external fixator for a few weeks (imagine a scaffold around your thigh and shin held in place with 4 screws going directly into your bones) before they could put in the metal plates just below my knee. Shit is awful, probably going to need a cane for the rest of my life, but fused vertebrae looks even worse.
>>
File: IMG_0689.jpg (294KB, 800x454px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0689.jpg
294KB, 800x454px
>>94840182
Because she got into community college and believe it or not that's an accomplishment in a state as retarded as Texas.
Also am Texan
>>
>>94846418

Honestly, Texas is a lot better compared to most places I've lived. Squidbillies is a pretty apt depiction of life in northwest Georgia. Doesn't matter where you live in this country, you're going to find some dumb motherfuckers everywhere. The only real difference is the closer you get to the coast, the more pretentious they'll get.
>>
File: houstonvsdallas.png (182KB, 1016x959px) Image search: [Google]
houstonvsdallas.png
182KB, 1016x959px
>>94846470
>The only real difference is the closer you get to the coast, the more pretentious they'll get.
Except the Texas coast, Corpus Christians are some of the dumbest motherfuckers you'll ever meet. Let's not even get into the ones as you get closer to Louisiana..
>>
>>94846492
Honestly it's basically a trailer trash city with condos at the beach. And a shitty fuckin beach at that! So much red tide
>>
>>94843373
There's another issue, Luanne already had a character development episode about her learning the stress of managing money on her own, yet there she's a fucking retard that doesn't even understand money isn't infinite.

Lucky coming onboard was a sure fire sign that the show as a whole was starting to go to shit, and it isn't a coincidence that every Lucky episode is a bad one.
>>
>>94846418
Texas is literally better than the majority of states in the union you enormous Austinite faggot
>>
>>94846492

Never been to the Texas coast, but used to live in Louisiana, so I believe you. Can't imagine it being worse than the garbage subhumans living in the Georgia mountains, though. Fort Worth has been nice enough, though.
>>
>>94843679
>Hey Dale I'm gonna take your home now lol
Yeah, great guy that Lucky.
>>
>>94846492
>>94846537
Isn't corpus christi mostly hispanic though?
>>
>>94844764
Important question
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.