[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Charlie Cox Teases Elements Of The Born Again Arc For DAREDEVIL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

>There may be elements from Born Again, but I'm sure there will be elements that are unfamiliar and surprising and different in order for the show to be compelling to fans who know the comics very well. If we start making Born Again page-for-page, then the people who have read it and loved it — the hardcore fans — they won't have too much drama.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/defenders/the-defenders-actor-charlie-cox-teases-elements-of-the-born-again-arc-for-daredevil-season-3-a153386
>>
>>94832993
Charlie probably have read this book, because he probably knows that's really, really difficult to adapt Born Again into the current DD circumstances. So they will probably take some elements and create their own take on the story about Matt's drama and that's all.
>>
>>94832993
I think they need to hold off on Born Again. They need to introduce some more Matt's enemies first, mainly Bullseye, Mr. Fear, Typhoid Mary, and Gladiator in costume. By this point we need an actual escalation of supervillainy, since now normal criminals and the Hands have created a gap. It's the only logical step.
>>
I think the only thing it will really have in common is people finding out his secret Identity, they've been building up to that in both DD s2 and Defenders. The rest will have nothing to do with it, as usual from comic shows claiming to adapt specific stories.
>>
Charlie is the best hero in the netflix expanded universe.
>>
I thought even mentioning Frank Miller's work was verboten in modern comics.
>>
>>94834760
>Comics
This is a show. Also, it's the only show where it feels like the crew is actually taking cues from the source material, but still trying to make its own stories. I loved the idea of Punisher being an antagonist for Matt.
>>
>>94832993
I'd absolutely love them to do a Born Again arc in future, but i'm worried that they'll do slight elements of it for season 3 as they've set up in the Defenders, then never properly do it in the future as they don't want to retread previous ground
>>
here's what i guess
>Fisk finds out his identity, doesn't expose him but has Bullseye sent after him, Matt tries to hide only for Bullseye to start killing people to drag him out
>Sister Maggie is at the start, nurses him to health, once he begins to hide again Maggie will give "inspirational speech here" and have Matt go against Bullseye and defeat him
>Gladiator appears during this, eventually Matt convinces him to join his side again, he goes full retard and kills Fisk "MUH BETSY"
>Ends with Matt defending Gladiator in court
>>
>>94834760
It basically is everywhere but Daredevil. He practically defined the modern interpretation of the character and it's impossible to avoid his influence without making radical changes to the character.
>>
>>94834740
He goes the extra mile because he knows.
A simple Google search will tell you Daredevil is the one (of 2, the other is The Frank) superhero in Marvel Studios with the iconic runs, unlike any other street level hero in hands of Marvel (Spiderman is Sony). He knows if he puts the extra effort, he will get to be the RDJ of Netflix Marvel, and probably eventually get much more money for the role, especially when people simply cannot imagine someone else as DD.
>>
>>94834601
>I think they need to hold off on Born Again
If Disney pulls out of Netflix in 2019, they won't have the time to put it off.
>>
>>94832993
Agh, I really hate it. I posted this before, but I am going to literally reeee if the aftermath of Defenders will be catalyst for Matt to be "born again".

I think they have more perfect setup for Born Again than we think. Just instead of Karen's drug addiction have her reveal herself to be a hypocrite to Matt. Like, she understands why he is doing what he is doing and does journalistic job because Daredevil inspired her, and furthermore, she knows dangers of what she is doing and killed best boi... she's kind of addicted to it

His double life actually suits her far more than both of them believe.
>>
>>94840535
Plot Twist Netflix Karen Page does experimental drugs and develops a split personality, becoming Typhoid Mary
>>
>>94838575
Charlie has already solidified his mantle takeover as Matt Murdock and Daredevil. He's shown to be /fit so far, has good voice range and emotional range. I'd love to see him break down MCU IronMan with his super senses

>So what, your power is you can smell when I've been drinking?
>Well, when you talk I smell something worse
>>
Charlie does have movie appearance son his contract but since the TV and Movies divisions are on eachother throats I don't think he'll be in the MCU any soon.
Maybe if Disney pulls off their Netflix deal...
>>
>>94842132
There shows are way too successful for Disney to just stop making them because they don't want to partner with Netflix.
>>
Cool.
>>
They're clearly setting up to combine Born Again with that Bendis run where his name gets put out there.
The latter is perfect for their show, it allows Foggy and Karen to be angstbunnies to high heaven. I mean, Karen is literally Ben Urich now.
I guess it depends if they want to follow up on Elektra and have Bullseye kill her, or let Elektra sit for a while.
And if they want to cram it all in DD 3 or do a DD 4 where he ends up in prison and IF and Punisher can guest star.
>>
>>94834601
>Bullseye
I don't want Karen's titties to leave us
>>
>>94842132
Thats the hook for normies, pull out of netflix, tv shows get integrated to the movie universe.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.