[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will his backstory get an update?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Scrooge_McDuck.png (72KB, 225x272px) Image search: [Google]
Scrooge_McDuck.png
72KB, 225x272px
When the Ducktales reboot finally gets around to Scrooge's early years, will they update his backstory to account for the show happening currently?
>>
http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/08/ducktales-exclusive-characters-cast/
>Returning as Scrooge’s longtime paramour is Goldie O’Gilt, a fellow adventurer who has a curious relationship with old McDuck. “In our adaptation, Scrooge is more of an adventure junkie than a gold addict, so we kept saying, ‘Well, if Scrooge is like Batman, then Goldie should be like Catwoman,’” says Angones. “She’s equally adventurous, every bit Scrooge’s equal, and he hates and loves that. They have this amazingly contentious relationship that’s been going on ages and ages, spanning back to the Gold Rush days.”
In conclusion, I have no idea.
>>
>>94821770
Ideally they will go alt history route to allow for shit from the late 1800s/early 1900s to still happen.

That or they will just say fuck it, do an episode with the famed "fountain of youth" to say Scrooge drank from it and as such, is now immortal. Which in turn would give a reason for Glomgold hating his guts; Glomgold was Scrooge's up and coming rival who got fucked over when Scrooge go made immortal/made young again by drinking from the fountaint.
>>
>>94821770
I think they will, they have changed a lot of things already
>>
File: launchpad.jpg (71KB, 652x652px) Image search: [Google]
launchpad.jpg
71KB, 652x652px
what is his profession?
>>
>>94822460
Chauffeur
>>
File: launchpad.jpg (55KB, 652x652px) Image search: [Google]
launchpad.jpg
55KB, 652x652px
>>94822550
>>
Do we know it takes place in the current year? How do we know it's not just an alternate 80s (when the old show aired)?
>>
>>94822460

Sailor.
>>
>>94822909

They had GPS and cellphones. If it's not dated by year it's at least by tech
>>
>>94822909
If it's the alternate 80's it's one with modern tech and aesthetics.

So its the present.
>>
>>94822909
If we go by Rosa, it'd be like the 50s or something
>>
Ducks in this universe having ridiculously long lifespans.
>>
>>94822967
Well, we're pretty clearly diverging far from the comics territory so they probably have their own history to the characters with story beats that are similar but not identical to the originals.

Or, Scrooge did do all that crazy shit with the gold rush and all and he's still around because it was either the result of a time travel thing or he found the fountain of youth at some point and just won't die.
>>
>>94822951

I said "alternate." It's no different from how Archer apparently happens in an alternate Cold War with modern cellphones.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.