[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

miles will we ever have good run?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

miles will we ever have good run?
>>
When Bendis leaves.

He wont
>>
>>94821637
Someday, maybe. As long as Bendis isn't writing him. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>94821637
No because
>They refuse to make him anything more then black Peter parker
>Writers wont think up new rogues and instead just drop Spiderman's villains on him
>Cant stick to any character development. Remember when his mother died in his arms and he quit being a superhero for a year?
>Current bullshit SJW stuff in Marvel makes it difficult to get him any real character development out of him
>>
>>94821637
I enjoyed last issue and Spider-Men II

I expected nothing and got surprised, maybe Bendis can do something with him after all
>>
File: 1503250486330.jpg (312KB, 928x571px) Image search: [Google]
1503250486330.jpg
312KB, 928x571px
>>94821637
>>
can black people and feminist women leave ,y comics for fucks sakes
>>
>>94822046
>They refuse to make him anything more then black Peter parker

you mean black spider-man? or are you saying peter is a plain character with little to no personality.

I liked miles especially when he was 13 and a lot more nervous and scared, now he's just whatever
>>
>>94822079
what did you enjoy with the latest issue of spider-man?

it wasn't really anything out of the ordinary for this years run
>>
>>94822139
Yeah that is more what I meant. I hated how despite Miles being nervous and scared he still made wise cracks just like Peter did as Spiderman. There is a disconnect between Miles and his Spiderman antics for me as Miles seems far more level headed and quiet while Peter wasn't afraid to make bad puns and jokes.
>>
>>94822119
But it's not even black people. Bendis made Spider-Man. I was fine with The OG minority
Howard the Duck
>>
>>94822046
This.

He has the potential to have the same appeal Ultimate Spider-Man had early on, with a young character who's still learning the superhero ropes.
>>
>>94822046
>>94822139
>>94822314
In a way he kinda is black Peter Parker too. He faces the same struggles that Peter did at that young age, balancing school, love and heroism and failing to do so. It's not a new status quo or an original story by any stretch of the imagination. The fact that his parents are alive doesn't add anything significant to the narrative either.

>He has the potential to have the same appeal Ultimate Spider-Man had early on
He doesn't have potential, no. Not anymore. You can't replicate the same appeal of young Peter's story because it was PETER's story. Copying the same story is trite and lazy.
>>
>>94822600
feelt like they actually tried that in the current run, to slowly build up to something resembling early ultimate petes run, but then civil war 2 happened
>>
>>94822713
eh idk have ultimate petes story established by those simple points is kind doing him a disservices and as you said it's not orignal it's actually really common in teen comic books, so I'm not really sure how they can't do it again with miles, and I'm not saying you have the same exact story but heck we have had like minimum of 20 different high school Pete's both in animation and comics that feels very different from each other it's not impossible for miles

but I agree that it's to late now if anything miles and Pete should change place and miles be the one going international
>>
>>94822713
>In a way he kinda is black Peter Parker too. He faces the same struggles that Peter did at that young age, balancing school, love and heroism and failing to do so.

I didn't realize that Peter Parker was the only hero who's allowed to be a teenage super hero
>>
Shit, why DOESN'T he go live with the Avengers? His mom knows he's a hero, his dad knows, what's the fuckin' point of staying at home?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.