[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Defenders Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 14

File: defenders-elektra.jpg (138KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
defenders-elektra.jpg
138KB, 620x420px
Maybe I just need to go back and re-watch this shit, but I never got a good idea of the scope or the stakes involved.

1. What the fuck was The Black Sky? Even in season 1 of Daredevil, it was built up to be this kind of anti-Christ figure that The Hand was obsessed with. Then it turned to be Elektra and only Sigourney Weaver really gave a shit about her. What was the Black Sky's purpose?

2. What did Elektra want, in the end? It looked like she was going to use the Hand to her own ends, but maybe she was just working deep cover? It seemed to me she just went full heel and wanted Matt to join "the dark side" but I'm praying it wasn't that retarded.

3. What was The Hand's end game? They kept talking about New York being destroyed, but it seemed like it was just an incidental thing to them. They weren't culling the population on purpose or fulfilling some dark purpose; they were digging in New York to harvest dragon bones... so they could keep living? Was this part of the plan to get to K'un L'un or not?

4. Why exactly did they want to go to K'un L'un? They got kicked out for practicing dark arts shit, but toward the end of the series, it seemed like they (except Sigourney) were okay with dying as long as they could do it in K'un L'un. Did they just miss their home? Was this whole show an E.T.: The Extraterrestrial plot?
>>
>>94821386
>What the fuck was The Black Sky?
Nobody knows, its vague bullshit that basically boils down to someone really good at killing people and skilled in every weapon I guess
>What did Elektra want?
She didnt even know. I think Harold's resurrection in Iron Fist stated that coming back fucks with your brain and makes you irrational. So she went from mindless zombie, to half self aware nutjob, to normal
>What was The Hands endgame?
They wanted to dig up the dragon bones to restore their immortality since it was wearing off. However to get to them, the massive dig put NY at risk and would create earthquakes. They were willing to sink the city to get the substance.
>Why did they want to go back to Kun Lun?
Homesick? It was their original home, and it was a paradise they havent seen in thousands of years. Plus Madame Gao said that they just wanted to live long enough to see it again, and pretty much retire there until the immortality faded again. Remember the portal only opens every few years

Long story short, The Hand plots were shit and changed with each show
>>
>>94821386
it's a sandnigger god reincarnation
>>
>>94821386
More important: who was the scarred hunk from Daredevil S1 ?
> "what will happen when the door opens?"
what fucking door?
>>
>>94821635
>scarred hunk

I'm sorry, I don't remember this guy. What are you talking about?
>>
File: ESEK2618.png (587KB, 1080x1191px) Image search: [Google]
ESEK2618.png
587KB, 1080x1191px
>>94821581
Thank you. I just thought there would be more at stake, I guess. New York City was going to be destroyed because of poor mining negligence. I just thought it was building up to some demonic shit, like how the Hand operates in the comics.
>>
>>94821672
Maybe he's talking about the guy with Stick?

Don't really remember any scarred guy, but he's the only one I can think of that someone might ask about.
>>
>>94821672
It was Stone, from the Frank Miller comics. I guess they either forgot about him or are saving him for something down the road. The Hand didn't really work in these shows; I hope we've seen the last of them. Kingpin's presence has been sorely missed since DD S1 and Killgrave is dead...dunno who they go to as villains for the next team up. Would be cool to actually have villains do a team-up to take down the good guys. Keep waiting for that to happen in the movies, too
>>
File: 1233646915051.jpg (61KB, 1205x881px) Image search: [Google]
1233646915051.jpg
61KB, 1205x881px
We asking questions in this thread? Ok cool.

Why was Danny set up to be The Chosen One against the hand when he did jack shit against them? He fucking opened up the gate for god's sake!
>>
How did Shao Lao get to New York?
>>94821635
I think the door is what Danny opened
>>
>>94822156
He probably left without fully completing his Iron Fist training.
Meta reason: Because libtards were still mad with Iron Fist and they had to "punish" the character.
>>
>>94822156
After finding out the motivations or rather end goal of the hand the whole iron fist role seems kinda stupid desu
>>
>>94821386
she is sexy af
>>
>>94821386
>1. What the fuck was The Black Sky?

Like >>94821581 said, just vague bullshit that means someone is dangerous. A good way to describe it is perhaps an Immortal Weapon born in our world instead of Kunlun.

>2. What did Elektra want, in the end?

Power. Immortality. Mostly, she just wanted Matt back, I think.

>3. What was The Hand's end game?

Again, immortality. Turning the whole of New York into a sinkhole would've been purely incidental, but it was also an acknowledgement of how far the Hand was willing to go to get those bones (Alexandra also threatened a city wide massacre if Danny didn't come willingly).

>4. Why exactly did they want to go to K'un L'un?

Again, what >>94821581 said. They just wanted to go home. On paper, it's lame as fuck, but if I spent a couple millennia exiled from my homeland with nothing to show for it, I'd probably make that a priority, too.
>>
>>94821386
> why did the NYC never asked SHIELD for help?
> What was Sygourney's character power? Because if it was leadership, hers was shit.
>>
>>94822508
SHIELD is currently in space right now
>>
File: 011 issue 100.jpg (331KB, 619x909px) Image search: [Google]
011 issue 100.jpg
331KB, 619x909px
>>94821878
>.dunno who they go to as villains for the next team up.

MASTER KHAN, THE IMMORTAL WIZARD OF HALWAN.

Because just imagine the hamfisted social commentary they could jam in with a Middle Eastern dictator running roughshod over Diplomatic Immunity laws.
>>
File: 1337815587767.jpg (70KB, 810x780px) Image search: [Google]
1337815587767.jpg
70KB, 810x780px
>>94821386
Apparently just someone that was kind of tough to fight. It was bullshit desu
>2. What did Elektra want, in the end?
Very vague notion of power and immortally but then at the end they hinted that she wanted Matt to die with her so she wouldn't have to be in the void alone.
>3. What was The Hand's end game?
The key to immortally is dragon bones. Most likely they use it along with all the blood they collected in season 3 of Daredevil
>4. Why exactly did they want to go to K'un L'un?
There's an immortal dragon that dies and comes back as an egg that then grows up into another dragon over and over. Its would be an infinite source of dragon bones
>>
File: IMG_7365.png (185KB, 335x439px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7365.png
185KB, 335x439px
If both Madam Gao and Nobu were park of The Hand all along why were they working as two separate factions in Daredevil S1? Why did Gao betray Nobu's location to Daredevil in S2? Why didn't Alexandra just deal with Fisk personally? Fuck, why did The Hand even need to work with Fisk if they could have just taken over his operation?

Bakuto's reveal makes even less sense, if he's True Hand all along why did he go through all that effort to capture Gao, kill Harold and teach Danny new Chi techniques?
>>
>>94823164
I legit forgot who Bakuto was for a moment and kept forgetting who the jap hand member was suppose to be. Literally the only good hand member was fucking Gao
>>
http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/18/marvel-the-defenders-finale-spoilers/

From what it looks like, the showrunners really don't talk to each other and there were no solid plans for the Hand. Instead, they just made it up as they went along.

God, it sucks that they were presented comic accurate in the DD seasons and then suddenly they became a bunch of goons with no real Asian semblance. God, what a fucking shitty way to end that plotline. We don't even find out about the kids.
>>
>>94822185
That wasnt Shao Lao, it was another dragon. Shao Loa is unique and native to Kun Lun, hence the title "Shao Loa the Undying" who has to get punched in the heart every generation
>>
>>94822156
How Danny became the IronFist is the biggest mystery of these shows. He's not even a better fighter than Matt.
>>
>>94823328
>>94823328
The kids were being used to harvest blood. But yeah from the looks of things, DD season 1 was setting them up to be so much more than we got in Defenders. There were actual layers to their purpose in New York other than "dragon bones lol"
>>
>>94823596
>The kids were being used to harvest blood.
Did they say that? That's pretty morbid for something never brought up.
>>
>>Make the finale of Luke Cage a big deal that he was going to jail.
>>Gets out in the first minutes of his screen time.

So, god, damn, disappointing.
>>
>>94823550
The power levels in this shit are all fucked up. They made the strongest look like trash and Daredevil pretty much is blind MCU Cap
>>
>>94823362
No it wasn't Danny said they desecrated Shao Lao.
>>
>>94823843
Because Shao Lao is basically the Jesus of dragons, anon. They tarnished his name by desecrating a tomb of a sacred beast almost extinct. What part of "Shao Lao The Undying" dont you understand? Hes still back in Kun Lun
>>
>>94823906
Right, I'm asking why Shao Lao died underneath New York before. When did that happen? Could that have been the Iron Fist in the footage we saw?
>>
>>94824009
Again, THAT SKELETON WASNT SHAO LAO. Madame Gao even said dragons used to be everywhere, that was one of them. Different dragon obviously, because that one is dead and has been under NY for god knows how long
>>
>>94823164
I was so disappointed when he showed back up. Audibly groaned. Him being all young and non-threatening works okay when he isn't the fucking "secretive fifth member" of an eons old zombie Ninja criminal organization. The way he talked and acted really bugged me, too, like he was trying to be threatening and mystical and villainous, but really just came off like he was young and thought he was more important than he was.
>>
>>94824051
That's even worse than what I thought was happening
>>
>>94823164
>If both Madam Gao and Nobu were park of The Hand all along why were they working as two separate factions in Daredevil S1
In order to not be involved in a criminal gang war over territory they played along with Fisk in order to maintain their own goals in secret.

>Why did Gao betray Nobu's location to Daredevil in S2?
when did that happen? It might have just been to set them up in order to get Elektra.
>>
Man I really liked Stick.

I've never read any Daredevil comics before. Does he have the power to come back?
>>
>>94826119
I feel like he has the power to come back and be like "I wasn't dead. she missed my heart by inches and I used a meditation technique to appear dead" and have it not really piss off anyone to much. My only real problem with Stick was that he pretty much never used a stick to fight. just a sword that sheaths into his back and through his shirt.
>>
>>94823687
>HEDINDUNUFFIN
Or maybe they decided to release him after he broke everyone's hands by standing still. Prison costs would inflate to +∞ .

>>94821386
Black sky should have probably been the ultimate assassin, it turns out it was a bluff.
They don't even explain why BLACK and why SKY.
>>
>>94826119
Stick was goat, but his actor is 76 years old! They probably felt they should write him out in the fight against the Hand, and to avoid having him die prematurely.
>>
>>94825977
>>94823164
>Why did Gao betray Nobu's location to Daredevil in S2?

That didn't happen, Gao told Daredevil only about that drug merchant colonel, and he wasn't a part of Hand.
>>
>>94823164
>If both Madam Gao and Nobu were park of The Hand all along why were they working as two separate factions in Daredevil S1? Why did Gao betray Nobu's location to Daredevil in S2?
While the ultimate goal of the Hand was dragon bones/oil, each Finger/Faction operated independently with their own agendas. Alexandra even said that they occasionally tried to assassinate each other.

Why didn't Alexandra just deal with Fisk personally?
I guess she couldn't do everything by herself. Or maybe she was getting Space AIDS/Naughty Parts Cancer from a Kree, resulting in her predicament in Defenders S1.

Fuck, why did The Hand even need to work with Fisk if they could have just taken over his operation?
Well, he had to be out of the way for them to take over.
>>
>>94826340
I think it was just convenient for them for Fisk to lead that operation. I mean, if that conspiracy was uncovered, which it did, Fisk would look like the head of it. Meanwhile they, the real conspiracy, would be safe. And really, they didn't want anything besides the property, which Fisk got them in return for their aid.
>>
>>94821581
>>94822477
It was my understanding that The Hand wanted to get back to Kun Lun because there were more dragon bones there. I mean, that's where Danny got the fist, right?
>>
File: show dont tell.png (35KB, 800x989px) Image search: [Google]
show dont tell.png
35KB, 800x989px
>>94823664
>Did they say that?
We had multiple scenes of The Hand harvesting their blood. They didn't need to say it.
>>
The black sky is a vessel that they dip in their resurrection goop and perform some kind of mystic ceremony, it increases their strength, speed and resistance past human levels, additionally it makes them proficient in combat. It's the hand's quick fix version of Iron fist.

Elektra gained a vague sense of self throughout the series and wanted to live forever. Matt confused her because she loved him but also he was getting in the way of her live forever thing.

The hand lived forever, however they were running low on resurrection goop, they were never about world domination, they already basically did that, they just wanted more dragon juice and the ability to take over the magic city. It wasn't just about going home, it was about replacing the elders that exiled them.
>>
>>94826421
The Source of dannys powers is the same as the immortality substance, dragon tissue. Danny got his powers by killing Shao lo the undying/plunging his hand into its molten heart. Shao lo presumably has his phoenix like status and always regerenates. So they probably wanted to go back not just from sheer nostalgia, but to get access to an infinite supply of dragon tissue (shao lao). But there's so much they never say flat out, and the whole storyline of the hand is so incompetently written because each show seems to have its own idea of what the hand is or what it wants, without any greater coordination.
>>
/co/ could bullshit up a better story than what we got.

the hand wants to wipe out new york so they can claim the life force of all the inhabitants to power their own immortality and resurrection magic, while black sky acts as the conduit.
a previous iron fist took some macguffin they needed years ago, hid it at the bottom of the pit and locked it so only another iron fist could open it
the chaste were the only ones who knew the location, it was their job to protect it and destroy any potential black sky's before the hand got to them. the hand captured one of the chaste leaders and broke them, giving up all the secrets of the chaste.
>>
>>94823596

I get the sense that for like 99% of their time in the world, The Hand concerned themselves with all of these other activities in pursuit of temporal power. Their fixation on these dragon bones is a very recent, very temporary situation born out of their having recently realized their immortality was running out. If the show had taken place in the 1990s or 1960s or whatever, the acquisition of dragon bones would likely have been the furthest thing from their minds since at that time their immortality would have seemed to have been both permanent and secure.

Basically, this show takes place at the one moment where their broad interests narrow down into a laser-like focus on this single goal.
>>
>>94826451
In Daredevil the hand seems to want the black sky and general power

In ironfist the hand wants the Ironfist.

In Defenders we figure out that the black sky is their version of the Iron Fist, but because they used all their dragon tissue they desperately need to return home because this is the first time they may actually be in danger. They want the Ironfist to open the door and allow them to return, get more dragon juice, and take over their home.
>>
>>94823687

That sort of compromise is the cost of these crossovers. I remember the director of Ant Man talking about how he was kind of aggravated that the introduction of Giant Man took place in a Captain America movie and they lost the chance to have that take place in the second Ant Man film.
>>
>>94823328
>But then, do we know where the city of K’un-Lun went? A part of me thought that was Shou-Lao only because K’un-Lun disappeared, and New York did have a conveniently huge hole in the middle of it.
That’s a question for the Iron Fist showrunner, not me. Honestly, I don’t know where they’re going with that.

Jesus christ, what a team of professionals
>>
>>94825594
>but really just came off like he was young and thought he was more important than he was

And then the simple explanation for why the fingers vary in age so drastically only makes him look the worst; his dumb ass died young before his first resurrection.
>>
>>94821581
>They wanted to dig up the dragon bones to restore their immortality since it was wearing off. However to get to them, the massive dig put NY at risk and would create earthquakes. They were willing to sink the city to get the substance.
Thing is, this makes no fucking sense.

Presumably they own Midland Circle as well as mineral rights to anything underneath the land

No shady shit was necessary. Get some engineers to build a scaffolding around the dragon bones before you extract them. Now no one is the wiser.
>>
>>94821386
I'll handle this everyone.

Here you go, OP.

1. Bad writing.
2. Bad writing.
3. Bad writing.
4. Bad writing.
>>
>>94828868
That's not really how mineral rights work. Even if you have the mineral rights, you can't just start digging in the middle of a city. there are zoning issues, ecological studies, blah blah blah.

>No shady shit was necessary. Get some engineers to build a scaffolding around the dragon bones before you extract them. Now no one is the wiser.

that was the original plan but the main chick was dying and wasted the last of her not-dying-juice on elektra, so they decided fuck the stealth shit lets just go full bore.
>>
>>94822156
Seriously, "I'm the only one who can defeat The Hand... unless they get sick. Or someone stabs them. Or..."

Also hey Danny maybe step back a bit from that HUGE FUCKING WALL they want you to open. Maybe don't fight right next to it?
>>
>>94821386
If Hand is so influential, secretive and powerful, how come they just don't have police higher-ups in their pocket to sic non-corrupt on Defenders?
Would've been more interesting to watch them deal with people who just follow the orders and don't know the full story rather than flat out bad guy ninjas. Besides, the latter can always come for the kill when cops and superheroes tire each other out.
>>
>>94830003
*non-corrupt SWAT teams
How did I lose that part? I clearly remember typing it out. I need to stop editing my posts every 5 seconds without paying attention to what I end up saying.
>>
>>94822648
Well technically SHIELD was disbanded, again, the stinger showed them in space
>>
>>94823596
Layers? They were running a heroin ring in order to... buy real estate.
That they could already afford.
From a guy who loved his city so much that he planned to... make money selling people. Cause his dad was a dick.

Seriously like I love the actor who played him but Fisk was written so poorly I don't know why he became a favorite here. I can understand it on red-"the joker was actually right"-dit but I expected more from you guys. Which was really dumb of me obviously.
>>
The Hand being super disappointing is beating a dead horse at this point but they really talked the Japanese one up and he ended up being lamer than Nobu.

>>94828389
I mean they are all different ages, I doubt they tried to synchronize their death rates or anything. For all we know Bokuto stayed alive the longest in his last life, thus being the youngest (besides the jap maybe?) in the new one.
>>
>>94821581
>>94822477

but none of them were FROM k'un L'un except maybe Gao. Everyone else was a traveling merchant/wiseman/mystic/whatever that came to the city.
>>
Why didn't Spider-Man just crash an airplane into the building?
>>
>>94829910
>Replace an entire office of ConEd with zombie ninjas
>They are more effective

now that's some comic book shit.
>>
>>94821386
Ok, here's my question for defenders.

Why was everyone fucking up in arms about "whitewashing" Iron Fist (which is bullshit) but no one is up in arms the leader of a secret undead asian influenced ninja cult is Sigorny fucking weaver?
>>
>>94830372
Because it's a woman and women get special treatment.
Better question: how come no one complained that the first time those shows had a main female antagonist (Mariah doesn't count, Stokes and Diamondback were the main antagonists) she was fucking retarded and useless?
>>
>>94821386
It's all bullshit because Marvel can't into villains
>>
>>94830372
In this version of The Hand, those five leaders came from five different parts of the world and ruled over 5 different domains

I'm assuming Alexandra's domain was Europe, Gao's was China, Murakai's was Japan, Sowande's was Africa and who the fuck knows what Bakuto's deal is
>>
>>94830511
In the comics he was in charge of spic lands.
>>
>>94830372
my guy it's the hand.

at some point you were even the leader of them.
>>
>>94830372
Ok I hear this constantly on /co/ but I seriously have not heard one person bitch about Iron Fist being white and I run in a pretty liberal circle.

Also I can't believe how badly they wasted Sigourney Weaver like holy fuck I thought they were gonna make her look incompetent at first to show how actually competent she is but nope she's just completely incompetent.
>>
>>94830521
Then why does he have a Japanese name? Sowande is a Nigerian name, Alexandra is European, Gao is Chinese, Murakami is Japanese and then you have this spic motherfucker named "Bakuto". What part of Latin America is he from?
>>
>>94821386
oh my god The Foot in TMNT are literally just a reference to The Hand jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>94830511
"ok so we got one person to rule Europe, one for China, one person to rule Japan-"
"are you sure about that? Japan isn't that big maybe Gao could rule it or-"
"yes I'm fucking sure. ok now bokuto, you get everywhere that's not Europe, Japan, China, or Africa. that seems like an even split, meeting adjourned.
and remember, don't meet up again until we use up all our resurrection juice."
>>
>>94828389
Shit, dude, he got taken out in Iron Fist mostly by some normal ish Asian chick and barely got out.

I was really pissed about what they did to Misty. Should have been Colleen, maybe then she'd stop being an idiot and thinking she can just kill everything with her sword. Literally all it would have taken is Misty just shooting him in the head, I was waiting for it the entire scene, either coming in as a surprise or after what had already happened. It's so simple.

That's 90% of my criticism of the show's writing; it relied on the worst kind of writing. I am so sick of watching and reading things where the plot and tension relies on the protagonists just being stupid as fuck or just missing the mark. This is rife with it.

Hey, should we call the FBI? Should we explain what's going on to higher authorities who surely don't want this going on? I mean, we can confirm all five major heads of this are in town under this building right now, this can't go much further. NAH THEY'RE TOO DANGEROUS THEY KILL PEOPLE. Hey, these guys are invulnerable unless we decapitate them, what do we do, get guns or swords or something? NO, PUNCHFIGHTS ONLY. Hey Danny, can you stop being petulant and rage filled and control yourself and stop flailing around and getting your ass kicked for like five seconds? NO I'M ANGRY BECAUSE I PUNCHED THE DOOR NOW.

Wore real the fuck thin.
>>
>>94830003
Yeah, that would have made some serious improvement. Both on tension and on the whole "NO WE CAN'T TELL YOU WHAT'S GOING ON THEY'RE TOO DANGEROUS" shit.
>>
>>94830643
Japan wasn't big but it was powerful. Defeated Russia and China in back-to-back wars, before that pulled off some bullshit against the Mongols.
>>
>>94830555
That's because the complaints only took place online.
Tumblr /co/ youtube.
No one outside of those three places really cared.
>>
>>94830783
uhhh huh, I think we have very different ideas on what "defeated" means.
>>
>>94830928
>Japan annexed Korea and Taiwan and extracted a fuckton of money from the Qing
>Bolsheviks grew in power in Russia because people were angry Nicholas II lost the war, meanwhile there were actual riots in Japan because people felt their government went too easy on Russia in the peace terms
>>
>>94830511
When they were trying to act mysterious about it they called him "our friend from South America"
>>
K'un-Lun is a mystical other-dimensional city that crosses over to our plane of existence once every so many years in Tibet
>It's also full of native white people and black people and somehow a white woman ends up the leader of a terrorist ninja cult that broke off from aforementioned city
Um. Okay. Sure, why not?
>>
>>94830700
I got pretty sick of everyone blowing off Misty to the point where it became counterproductive.
>It's too dangerous for you to know. You wouldn't believe me
Assholes, you live in a world with The Hulk and Thor, secret ninjas is pretty tame. Also Misty NOT knowing puts everyone at risk and creates more roadblocks for you given her job
>>
>>94831099
They were all immigrants.
Sigorny weaver flat out said it in the show.
>>
>>94830115
>From a guy who loved his city so much that he planned to... make money selling people.

That was the Russian mob's doing, Fisk just turned a blind eye to it until he was ready to dispose of them.
>>
>>94830612
And what do you sometimes get when you pick up a stick? A splinter.
>>
>>94830612
>>94831902
I distinctly recall a crossover or something, or at least a fan theory that said the ooze that got in the sewer and made the Turtles was the same stuff that hit Daredevil in the eyes.
>>
>>94822156

They turned his character into a Flagellated liberal tulpa for bitching the series received. His character left before training is complete so who knows.

he might just be a trumped up door guardian. His character took a massive hit between series because reality is while all critics hated on it for perceived cultural theft and the fact he is another white guy, and whatever other shit they hate, just type in ironfist reviews, it's all schadenfreude there.

He was basically a master in his series taking everyone out. Next he is getting taken out by random mooks?

It doesn't make any sense but reality beyond all that is his series because of bad publicity became most watched/binged netflix show meaning they weren't going to cancel that shit which meant a bunch of angry liberals now have to stomach the show, so his character became sacrificial lamb.
>>
>>94823328

>Consulting Scott Buck
>Ever
>>
why didn't Danny just fly out of country discreetly and wait until the Hand died after finding out he was the key?
>>
>>94832341
to be fair, even in his own show Danny was consistently portrayed as a petulant agressive dipshit. his approach to solving problems was laughable, and he had next to zero self control.

so defenders is just more of the same.

as for finishing his training, I get the feeling that the Iron Fist is NEVER finished training.
>>
>>94832438
because he had been sold on the "only the Iron Fist can defeat tha Hand" story.

He just didnt realize that beating them meant staying put in Kun Lun and letting then fucking die off. He thoight it was all about punching stuff which is reasonable considering thats all he was being taught.
>>
WHY WAS NO ONE ARRESTED THEY WERE IN A BLOWN UP BUILDING WITH 0 EVIDENCE THAT IT WAS FOR A GOOD REASON WHY DID THE POLICE GO FROM 'LETS ARREST THESE VIGILANTE FUCKS' TO 'OH POOR BABIES'
>>
>>94832469

Have you ever met martial arts nutjobs? They're all zen seeking weirdos.

His character is the autismo king version of that.

So while they might all continue learning as that is a basic tenant of most eastern philosophies, I mean settle down in the role chosen by his own actions.

He feels impetuous and not comfortable in his own skin which goes against basic ideas he was trained in and around.
>>
>>94832532

Because a near-unkillable blackman told those boys in blue what was up. Did you not watch the series where the cops bitched out?

Not like in reality where they would have called in an army to put them down or anything.
>>
>>94832341
he was hardly a master in his own series. He's getting beaten up by tons of random mooks there too.
>>
>>94832532
because even though the building blew up it basically sank into the ground. and new york knows all about buildings conspicuously falling perfectly in place.
>>
>>94832594

He never loses a fight. Not once.
>>
>>94832579
All that scene implied to me was Luke Cage murdered a bunch of SWAT members.
>>
>>94821878
The Hand are cool in the comics because they're mobs of supernatural faceless ninjas. The decision to make the Hand a cabal with generic gun wielding mooks was a mistake. Tying IF so closely with the Hand was a mistake. Not using Gorgon was a mistake.
>>
>>94821581
I think that there where a portal to kun lun down the hole (which is what IF opened) and the hand wanted back there to get dragon bones.
>>
I'm barely on episode 3.

Why is Iron Fist so fucking shit. Like goddamn man.
>>
>>94832341
>He was basically a master in his series taking everyone out. Next he is getting taken out by random mooks?
>He was basically a master in his series taking everyone out.
>Not near exclusively getting taken out by random mooks

I don't think you watched the same show, anon, but I wish we had.
>>
>>94832607
Dragon blood substance cannot melt steel beams
>>
>>94832693
There are moments when he's fine, like when he's geeking out about the rest of the "team", but then someone like Jessica looks at him the wrong way and he's instantly pissed the fuck off and ready to fight everyone.

That being said, Jessica herself has super strength and has fought a dude with unbreakable skin and a dude who could mind control people through a PA system, why is a dude with a glowing hand or an ancient ninja cult that far out there for her to believe?
>>
>>94832623
You obviously did not watch IF
>>
>>94832644
t. i didn't watch the show
>>
>>94832779
why is it hard to believe when aliens invaded new york like a few years prior
>>
>>94832779
because she has to be the skeptical reluctant antisocial one.

instead of, oh, the millions of legitimate reasons she might have disagreed. chief among them the fact that this supernatural bullshit fucked her life over for years on end.

bad writing.
>>
>>94832779
I'm watching episode 4 and the negotiations with the Chinese restaurant owner and that was cute.

It's just he's so fucking inconsistent going from socially awkward kid raised in a dojo to angry idiot. And it doesn't feel like he's just an emotionally immature moron. It feels like he's fucking genuinely bipolar.
>>
>>94832842
I mean, really, no one thought to bring that up? Or did Jessica think "THE INCIDENT" was just viral marketing for a new movie?
>>
>>94832893
>I'm watching episode 4 and the negotiations with the Chinese restaurant owner and that was cute.
Yeah, exactly. Like, the part where he's eating all the food and Luke is all "How are you still hungry?" That was great and it shows that there's lots of potential there for Danny to be a good, likable character. But then it's almost like someone else entirely comes in and writes Danny like a fucking moron and decides the characters have been getting along too well and it needs to stop immediately. There's another scene later on where Luke and Danny are talking about all the shit they've been through that's really good...but then the same fucking thing happens again.
>>
>>94823687
well duh, they had to let him out and the idea was always that he needed to voluntarily go to prison to be released and then be free to live his life. he needed to complete his sentence in order to not live as a escaped convict.

the big deal was he didn't want to be in prison anymore but his growth as a person and hero needed him to go back for a little longer. which to an ex con might seem like forever.
and the show couldn't center on his time in prison, he needed to get to the group.
>>
>>94832906
Jessica hates everything, is exhausted by everyone, and believes nothing. It's just part of who she is. Shes 100% insufferable but still quite likable.
>>
>>94832788

During the gauntlet with the hand he even makes a point of saying he never lose a fight, you obviously didn't watch the series.

Gao used a fucking human shield to get him to back down. HE DID NOT LOSE A 'FIGHT"

He got injured a bit and then he got smoke bombed and then he passed out healing someone and some other weird one-offs but an actual fight? No. He dusted everyone including fist-slamming an entire floor of a building.

I watched every episode. He never lost.
>>
>>94833029
>believes nothing
Something like that only works in a world that wasn't invaded by aliens and protected by gods and science experiments.
>>
>>94833054

You are the only anon on this board full of people who watched the show who thinks he never lost.

but yes everyone else is wrong.
>>
>>94832970
It's writers conflating naive and sheltered with total fuck up.

His characterization has bothered me since his first series. People aren't retards because they live in an entirely different culture and a Spartan one at that.

Also out of curiosity does Danny ever bring up the fact that his family died and he was left in a fucking warrior temple with the importance that it deserves? Luke just fucking blew past it without much lip service.
>>
>>94833137

Name a single example where he lost in hand to hand combat with someone in his own series.
>>
>>94833134
You're missing the point. Jessica thinks life itself is bullshit.
>>
>>94833137

You have no clue what you're talking about
>>
I loved the dumb water reflection on the tablet/dragon bones to make them seem like they were glowing. This is like some mortal kombat movie/evil dead-tier shit here. Like how cheap can you get?
>>
>>94833143
>Also out of curiosity does Danny ever bring up the fact that his family died and he was left in a fucking warrior temple with the importance that it deserves?
As far as I'm aware, every time he brings it up someone just responds to him like "Whoop-dee-fucking-doo, Danny! Nobody cares!"
>>
>>94833193
What the fuck did Luke Cage go through? A good home life, than the marine corp and then his life went to shit.

Danny crashed into the fucking mountains as a child as the result of a criminal conspiracy, lost his parents and ended up in a warrior temple.
>>
>>94833188
All the money in the budget when to Sigourney Weaver standing around doing nothing while wearing expensive clothes.

>>94833230
NOBODY FUCKING CARES, DANNY!
>>
>>94833148
You know what anon, just for you I'll rewatch this shit again tonight and provide an itemized list.

inb4 you pick apart the list for not being real defeats or that it wasn't true "hand to hand" combat.
>>
>>94833230

He's white though so his life is easier by default and can suffer and it still doesn't balance out.
>>
>>94833274
Really, the only one who actually cared at all was Colleen. Probably only because she had a similar upbringing.
>>
>>94833181
>>94833148
samefag
>>
File: TMNTCC_1_TheGroup_017.jpg (645KB, 1073x1650px) Image search: [Google]
TMNTCC_1_TheGroup_017.jpg
645KB, 1073x1650px
>>94832176
>>
>>94833230
They just really fucked up Danny.

The combination of the actor not being all that good but not the stoic slab of Man Meat they made Luke. The action scenes being kind of shit. The writing just being shit in general.

I would rather have had him be this cute ball of fluff instead of the shit we got. Whenever he gets serious he goes to shit.
>>
>>94833259

It doesn't exist and you're eating shit because you type before thinking. You're not that different from danny, ironically.

A major theme of the series is despite being an idiot and generally failing at everything else, he doesn't lose fights.

From time he broke out of the mental hospital, taking out Ward's goons, to getting hunted by guys with guns to putting Ward on point in the car, to breaking in Joy's house to all the other shit he did in early episodes to very last episode he never lost a single hand to hand fight which is the entire point and criticism of the show.

You can find reviews where they're angry a white boy is best martial artist in netflix show universe. Even acting as a 'master' to colleen and telling her how to run her students.

It's a main theme in the show which you forgot but then decided to talk without knowing what you're talking about.

Now fuck off die.
>>
>>94832176
It's more than a theory, it's about as explicitly stated as it can get without legal repercussions in the first issue of TMNT
>>
>>94833328
but anon, davos was clearly better at martial arts in every scene he was in.
>>
>>94833029
>but still quite likable
No.
>>
>>94833327
He's definitely the weakest character of the heroes. What exactly does he want, other than "duuh, gotta defeat the hand"? He has no personality whatsoever.
Make him more fun, adventurous and lighthearted to contrast the rest of the team, or have him be the heart of the team and act like he's finally found a family... do something! Right now he only reacts when someone mentions The Hand and the reaction is always "I have to defeat them!"
>>
So what's comic Danny like?
>>
>>94833385

And yet he lost.
>>
>>94830511
>>94830372
she even knew shit that Gao didn't knew involving mystic shit, that seemed wrong to me
>>
Why did Stick claim that Murakami was 100 times worse than Nobu, but jobbed every scene in which he showed up in, especially to Matt, who struggled in every fight with Nobu?

Why does Luke Cage not flinch when being shot, or when Danny punches him, but someone else punches him or hits him with an object, he staggers around like everyone else?

How is Daredevil a better fighter than everyone in the show? He literally was able to 2v1 Murakami and Bakuto in the parking garage and was winning; fought a "powered up Elektra" to stale mate twice and more. He made the guy training every day of his life to be the Iron Fist look like he took some Tae Kwan Do lessons down the street.

If Sowande was so dangerous, as Stick lead us to believe, why was he not only captured so easily, but then questioned and killed so easily?

Why is everyone supposed to be such a threat in this show but ends up jobbing? How are people like Colleen never sidelined from injuries?

If we're fighting The Hand, why the fuck are none of them Ninjas with no heartbeats like in Daredevil?

Why the fuck is there never any consistency in these shows? Why is Daredevil the only saving grace in these shows?

Why was Jessica Jones even there? Like, what was the point of her character? She literally did nothing to move the story along.
>>
>>94833328
DD can probably beat the shit out of him no problem. DD took on two hand leaders and wen toe to toe with Elektra, while IF couldn't handle any of them.
>>
>>94833418
She's the second best on the team after Matt.
>>
>>94833509

Because you know more than the people writing the show and can see character inconsistencies that build an unbelievable world without grounding characters and why certain characters are special or not. Colleen did take some injuries from Bakuto but not enough, Misty lost an arm but reality is them both only took minor injuries. The character disparity was on purpose though. As other pointed out above IF is a casualty of liberal backlash so his character took a massive nosedive in skill.
>>
>>94833509
>Everything about the fights...
Because the plot says so.
There is no consistency when it comes to who can beat up who, who's invulnerable to what, who's supposed to be tough, etc. If it's important then one character will beat up everyone else. It's like Danny's hand powering up and down whenever it's convenient.
>>
>>94833518

The argument was based on first season of IF. If his character fought like that in Defenders, he wouldn't lose and it wasn't from skill or ability but entire plot revolved around him not losing. Call it narrative plot armor=danny winning fights if you want but that is why he took out his best bud who does seem like a better fighter.

DD also knows elektra a lot more than the others. He spent years around her, they've only known her for a few days.

I think knowing how someone fights makes a big difference and while they downplayed matt's supernatural abilities, the reality is neither jessica nor cage are trained fighters so they're mostly just in the way.

I think in an nonpolitical atmosphere, IronFist would have done better against the blacksky but thats just opinion based on how Op they made him in his first season.

Daredevil's ability is more consistent but I think he could be even more OP if they showed him using all of his abilities. I mean how people ever sneak up on him is still amazing to me. He's a walking sensor grid yet people still sneak up on him.

So wanky powerlevels are a thing in various series too
>>
File: footfistway.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
footfistway.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>94833509
>Tae Kwan Do lessons down the street
You're saying that's not a good way to learn how to be badass? I don't think you're gonna like how this ends, hot shot.
>>
>>94833509
>If we're fighting The Hand, why the fuck are none of them Ninjas with no heartbeats like in Daredevil?

i'm guessing those where specifically nobu's men. remember the different fingers of the hand do their own thing. so not all of them are trained the same by their leader depending on their use. alexandria seemed to sometimes employee regular grunts with guns as opposed to super ninjas. so there's probably levels of hand agents.

>Why did Stick claim that Murakami was 100 times worse than Nobu, but jobbed every scene in which he showed up in, especially to Matt, who struggled in every fight with Nobu?

>How is Daredevil a better fighter than everyone in the show?

you kind of answered your own question, he's gotten better as the series has gone on. also he's not super worn down emotionally and physically as in his own series, in DD he's all fucked up and then has to take on bosses and he does it by himself. in defenders he had a team of people lightening his load. so when he needed to fight boss levels he was in pretty good shape.
>>
>>94833646
DD usually knows where people are, he just doesn't always avoid the attacks in time, but he always reacts like he heard them come in before anyone else noticed anything. at least in defenders i saw him multiple times "notice" yet he doesn't always inform everyone else someone is in the room. so i attribute that to a lack of teamwork dynamic.
>>
File: Rex_1.jpg (174KB, 1600x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Rex_1.jpg
174KB, 1600x1202px
>>94833651
Meet the man who trained Iron Fist and master of Kunlun.
>>
Out of curiosity has anyone involved with the show given an actual explanation for why Danny and Misty aren't a thing and instead Colleen is getting pushed?
>>
>>94833796
DD isn't much of a team player. Never has been. He turned down Avengers membership multiple times. He does, however, know which guy has pork before anyone else.
>>
>>94832842
Most of the weird shit like aliens or Cage's powers at least have a scientific explanation. If I lived in the MCU and saw someone's hand glowing I'd think "That guy must be one of those Inhumans I hear about on the news". If that same guy told me he actually got it from punching a dragon to death I'd think he's a nut (a nut with real powers, but still a nut).
>>
>>94833837
They take this rationale in the comics all the time. Like when there's a news report or something and they mention the "superhero who thinks he's Thor" or something similar.
>>
>>94833822

Because they started Misty on Luke Cage instead of IF?

They had different people running the shows and by time they did team ups/introduced characters together, Colleen had become the hit of IF in a lot of ways, so it cemented her staying and Netflix using her as a PR vehicle to save IF. You can see that in all recent IF and Defenders pr tour. She is prominent alongside Elodie.

They're often included in the 'main' group. She is being used as a shield to protect the show in a lot of ways, it's pretty funny but good career opportunity for her so she accepts it. I mean shit Elodie Yung was in Gods Of Egypt, another liberal victim of 'whitewashing'. These people just want to collect their checks and have their careers survive so.

That is why Colleen+Danny is really a thing. Outside of the show.
>>
>>94830577
"He's technically a Latin x Jap from Brazil."
Shit excuse, but one that wouldn't surprise me (if they ever even put that much thought into his character at all).
>>
File: Dragons Dogma.jpg (55KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
Dragons Dogma.jpg
55KB, 650x650px
>>94821386
>Black-sky
Seemingly just a skilled psychopath Sigourney Weaver had a vague premonition about / idea to make though bloodmagic shit.
>Elektra's desire
She was a mind slave for a while then Sigourney said she also needed the dragon bone shit survive and so Elektra wanted it.
Then she seemingly regained some of her senses and just wanted to die with Matt.
>Hand's end game
To get dragon bones obviously but the part about returning to K'un L'un seemed weird.
That Danny only thought that K'un L'un got fucked over by the hand because of an illusion, or it did but the fingers of the hand still can't go there themselves for some magical reason that maybe dragon bones can fix?
>Why Ku'un L'un
They really liked living there seemingly.

What I want to know is
5. Was that dead dragon under New York City Shao Lao, the same dragon Danny punched in the heart?
Did Danny time travel and teleport to under new york city when he became Iron-fist?
>>
this is what happens when you make up a plot as you go along
>>
>>94831756
He had a cut, the whole reason he killed the Russians is because they kept coming up short cause of DD
>>
>>94834300
Sadly this is the right answer.
>>
>>94832341
Do you really think it's because he's white and not because the writers just suck? Like they hate the dragons and mystic shit part of his character way more than they hate him being white. DD is always going to be the best fighter because a) his show is more popular and b) he doesn't have any "physical" powers so they have to make him really good if they want to sell him being a strong superhero. As for why JJ is so weak I have no idea, she's just a worse version of Cage now.
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if writers from the CW were writing episodes. All the stupid fucking "drama" is so boring. I want to watch a superhero show, make me a god damn superhero show.
>>
>>94832532
right? Misty makes a big deal about it but I guess she had to drop it once she became a cripple.
>>
>>94823164
>If both Madam Gao and Nobu were park of The Hand all along why were they working as two separate factions in Daredevil S1? Why did Gao betray Nobu's location to Daredevil in S2? Why didn't Alexandra just deal with Fisk personally?

Not an ACTUAL answer, but my head-canon is that, as immortal beings, The Hand was able to raise the city of New York like farmers tending a crop. Helping Fisk come to power to bring corruption and infighting to the city was a natural part of the process, to help make the city easier for "harvesting".

I don't know how dragon bones fit in there. They're retarded. Fuck 'em.
>>
>>94834576
The show is poorly written overall. The SJW stuff comes from some of the writers (in part) and also in part from the parent company wanting to insert SJW messaging into their programming. This is happening at many networks.
>>
>>94834219
>5. Was that dead dragon under New York City Shao Lao, the same dragon Danny punched in the heart?
>Did Danny time travel and teleport to under new york city when he became Iron-fist?
No and no, I'm not sure were you got those from but definitely not.

The dragon bones are from a different dragon, and the gate is from a previous Iron Fist. Danny left Kunlun on his own I forget the deets his show explains it
>>
>>94834576

Almost all of the articles written about the series mention his 'cultural appropriation' which means because he's white.

Someone once made a reverse analogy to better understand Iron Fist's character. Imagine an Asian girl is dropped into the old west in America, becomes a better gunslinger cowboy than anyone else in that time period/state, wherever it takes place.

Is essentially what their view of Iron fist is. Even though he was an outcast/beaten on regular and forced to compete at a disadvantage, the Elders of K'un Lun thought Danny had outside pieces that made him a better fit to become next Iron first even though his best friend is a better fighter than him or believed he was, they chose him to take final test or whatever. 'Davos' brings this up in end of IF.

So a lot of the character has to do with him being white but liberals put a relevance on 'cultural appropriation.' The problem is as Americans, we've borrowed everyone elses culture including our other in-groups and cobbled it together into new things. Our entire society is built on it. We took french ideas and british ideas and made our government out of it. We took european ideas about technology, we took native american ideas on how to fucking grow food here and Cherokee's ideas on slavery. Which very few people realize but we've taken a lot of shit from everyone we've let into our society. You can trace our taste in music through what white kids listened to blacks doing and then doing that for a white audience. Every where you go in our society, it is all a mishmash of borrowed ideas.

One of our most important movie franchises, Starwars is a bunch of lifted Eastern Philosophy ideas cobbled together with monomyth/heroes journey.

You can do this for every major thing about our society but recently there's been a backlash because liberals think there is some vouch safed sanctity to certain things because...I'm honestly not sure. I've never been sure why their agenda focuses on it.
>>
>>94834898

The only thing I can think of is that it divides people into Us and Them and helps them other/virtue signal to their base.
>>
File: IronFist_OrsonRandall.jpg (73KB, 442x465px) Image search: [Google]
IronFist_OrsonRandall.jpg
73KB, 442x465px
>>94834776
Probably Orson Randall
>>
File: Shou Lao.png (871KB, 814x905px) Image search: [Google]
Shou Lao.png
871KB, 814x905px
>>94834776
Then why does Danny say you "You desecrate Shou-Lao" in the present tense?
And why are the dragon bones in the same shape as Danny's tattoo?
>>
>>94835001

Maybe the dragon regenerates or its a metaphysical punching in the heart or one of a hundred other things than a literal meaning.

Or maybe Shou-Lao is their name for all dragons or something. Or maybe that door is a portal to some other place.

Most likely it was a writing mistake that wasn't caught by editors.
>>
>>94835085
Maybe "You desecrate Shou-Lao's kin" would have been a better line, to emphasize that it's a different dragon but Danny's still pissed that they're defiling a sacred beast.
>>
>>94833427
>or have him be the heart of the team
But that's Colleen's job!....for...some reason I still don't quite understand...
>>
>>94833509
>Why was Jessica Jones even there? Like, what was the point of her character? She literally did nothing to move the story along.
This is yet another problem I have with the show. It's clearly a continuation/culmination of plotlines from Daredevil and Iron Fist, and Luke and Jess are just kind of there. Like, why? They had nothing to do with The Hand. And Jess barely had a storyline to continue from her own show anyway. At least Luke still has Mariah to deal with. What's Jess got? More missing husbands to find?
>>
>>94833568
>Misty lost an arm but reality is them both only took minor injuries.
'TIS A FLESH WOUND!
>>
>>94835916
I did wonder about that "you're the foundation" line.
DD, Luke and JJ had no interaction with her. She doesn't do anything for the team.
Claire is a much better fit for being the foundation, since she's helped each of them a bunch.
>>
>>94836004
I should backtrack on that one. Misty took a serious wound but considering they're two normal people fighting immortal zombie ninjas, they should both have been more injured, especially colleen
>>
>>94836057
Nah, Luke interacted with her when he met Danny.

Or, he was at least in the same room as her for about five mintues.

And Jess noticed Bakuto cut her stomach about five minutes before Claire told Colleen she was the foundation.

And those are the only times Luke and Jess interact with Colleen. I'm not even sure Matt even knows who Colleen is.
>>
>>94834300
Yep. And they don't have a Vince Gilligan on their team to make the seat of their pants shit actually work, so this is the result: a rushed and inconsistent letdown.
>>
>>94832341
>IF is a sacrificial lamb because "m-muh librels"
>/co/ honestly believes this meme
Or...the writers are pisspoor, and this is one of the many problems the show has
>>
>>94837610

They can be pisspoor and still be liberals. They're not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>94833193
>>94833230
To be fair, even though it's a result of bad writing begetting bad writing, whenever it's brought up he basically just went "THEY TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME" while buying restaurants, flying on private jets, and fucking his hot Asian girlfriend. He never really stopped and waxed poetical with the group. That would have been great; it would have given them some detail and sympathy for his past, and actually been a nice scene and character moment, really describing how fucked up his upraising was.

But nah, we didn't even go as far as a "MY PARENTS ARE DEAAAAAAAAAAD".
>>
>>94822156
You know, I always thought it would end up being because somebody killed by the Iron Fist couldn't be brought back. Hell, that even made sense at the end, when they revealed the material required for resurrection.
>>
>>94830260
It was said they were all from K'un L'un.

>>94830511
They went to different regions after their exile.
>>
>>94821386
>This almost was Wonder Woman
>>
>>94832554
He was taught how to fight. He was not taught how to be an adult and deal with problems.

Makes sense...sort of. I wish it was explained.
>>
>>94833509
>Why does Luke Cage not flinch when being shot, or when Danny punches him, but someone else punches him or hits him with an object, he staggers around like everyone else?

To be fair that was mostly with the Hand elders, which are implied to have super strength and shit from beyond the grave. He generally didn't seem to give a shit about henchmen.

>Why is everyone supposed to be such a threat in this show but ends up jobbing? How are people like Colleen never sidelined from injuries?

Very true. Should have been Colleen that lost an arm, she fucking deserved it and they practically foreshadowed it with her constantly getting nicked and being like "I can fight lol"

>If we're fighting The Hand, why the fuck are none of them Ninjas with no heartbeats like in Daredevil?

They lightly mention it once or twice, at least mentioning Matt can't hear Elektra's heart, but it is odd none of them are the literal, factual, actual ninjas from DD.

>Why was Jessica Jones even there? Like, what was the point of her character? She literally did nothing to move the story along.

To be fair, her "moving the story along" was doing detective work competently to her character in ways the others couldn't, especially in the first three episodes. Plus, she specifically mentions they've been in a sprint since the boardroom fight, that the architect's brains were still on her wall, and she hadn't even changed. She couldn't quite duck out, and she had some great moments and stood out.

The rest is basically 100% true, though. I'd be more disappointed if it weren't just so mediocre. The absolute worst part was the last episode; it all could have been saved with a good finish, but I don't know who the fuck could have thought that last go was any good.
>>
>>94821581
So the Hand is pretty much the League of Assassins, complete with their own Lazarus Pit/immortality gimmik and their own Lady Shiva
>>
They weren't even mining that large a region. Why would the city collapse?
>>
>>94834576
>As for why JJ is so weak I have no idea, she's just a worse version of Cage now.

I don't quite get it, I'd need like a power level statement, I guess. I keep getting the impression that, if like 5 is average human strength, Cage is practically invulnerable but like 7.5ish/10 for strength, a bit by natural strength, experimentation, and that he won't get hurt punching shit hard, but while Jessica is at only very slightly above normal human durability (Mostly goes to alcohol tolerance), she's like a 10/10. I got that notion a lot during Defenders and even her own show, somehow.
>>
>>94835001
>>94835085
>>94835305
Someone said it earlier; while it didn't sit with me quite right at the time, it seemed sort of like saying "You desecrate Christ." Probably more metaphysical or ideological than literal. Still sloppy.

>Why were the bones in that shape?
Either the dragons all fall into some ritual position upon death, they're buried that way intentionally, or because the art department thought it would look cool and be a good cliffhanger.

Really, it leaves it open to a "Why was this so far the fuck down in New York" storyline, but I hope they just drop the Hand at this point. Which seems like real wishful thinking since Elektra is 90% to come back and I give Gao good odds either way.
>>
>>94838488
Pretty much. The only thing they were missing was enticing Danny to take over with a hot daughter
>>
>>94832623
Bruh. You uh, going to watch Iron Fist before talking about it or what
>>
Between Cage and Matt, who was more of a leader?
>>
>>94838491
I assume some magic shockwaves or some shit due to magic dragon bones.
>>
>>94821581
It's worse, Ramirez is proud of throwing shit up in the air hoping it'll make sense eventually and notes Lost as direct inspiration.
>>
>>94822156
He is Chosen One to keep the entrance of K'un-Lun from the hand.

He is basically facecontrol.
>>
Who is more disappointing?

The Hand or the League of Assassins?
>>
Started nice, but I got that sinking feeling as the show continued on.

1. The Hand are not threatening at all, unless the hero power levels get nerfed via writing.

2. Danny continues to not learn from his mistakes.

3. Danny, despite being the IF, consistently jobs to mooks.

4. Uninspired fight scenes.

5. LEARN SCENE LIGHTING YOU FUCKS.

6. In a world of alien invasions, gods, and monsters, some people still have trouble believing in ninjas.

7. JJ's super-strength means nothing in a fight.

8. Luke, despite being supposedly unstoppable, can still be harmed by punches and kicks from unpowered people.

9. A tiny mine threatens to sink an entire city, despite it only taking up a very small portion and not even being deep enough to affect plate tectonics.

10. The Hand tries to keep their digging secret on land they already own.
>>
>>94830260
It's implied that Kun'Lun used to accept people from outside, which would explain its diversity.

In the old times, you were able to go to Kun'Lun as a pilgrimage. Alexandra was born outside of it.
>>
>>94840806
The Hand. The League didn't get two seasons of buildup.
>>
>>94821386
I thought it was the black dragon stuff that made them immortal or whatever. Alexandra simply used the last of their stash on Elektra, so they kept referring to her as Black Sky.
>>
>>94842761

Which in effect made her a better version of a hand member.
>>
>>94842761
No, you're mixing up their bullshit motivations. At first they wanted a Black Sky in DD because Stick said it was an ultimate weapon. They had that scene at the dock smuggling that kid, and said they're very rare. But for some reason later on they state Elektra is the Black Sky and start acting like its this chosen one bullshit thus contradicting the last season. The last of their stupid dragon juice was used on her to revive her for the sole purpose of getting more dragon juice.
>>
Can we talk about how ther Hand had almost no fucking ninja outfits in this season

Where the fuck were my ninja outfits

I wanted dozens of fucking ninjas fighting god damn
>>
>>94842845
I wanted Frank to show up and start mowing down ninjas with a gattling gun, then leave like nothing happened, never to be seen again.
>>
>>94839256
Matt, Cage was less of a leader and more of a moral cornerstone
>>
>>94822156
>spends his whole life training as a monk
>I HAVE NO CALM! REEEEEEEE!!!!
>>
>>94825594
>and thought he was more important than he was.
shit nigga you're describing the entirety of the Hand's plots there
>>
>>94830644
Hey Luke, how about next time you have a leader of the damn hand in your fucking hand while you've taken him by suprise because he's fighting her old student you hold on to him or break his legs or something so he doesn't escape? No? You just push him on the side? ok then
>>
>>94840936
>8. Luke, despite being supposedly unstoppable, can still be harmed by punches and kicks from unpowered people.
Which fights exactly? Cause when he got knocked out by Elektra I thought of it as having his brain rattled around really hard.
>>
>>94840806
Ra's Al Ghul was at least somewhat menacing unlike Alexandra.
>>
>>94840936
>5. LEARN SCENE LIGHTING YOU FUCKS.
Jesus christ, this show was hard to watch. Physically, I could hardly see shit half the time.
>>
>>94842805
>and start acting like its this chosen one bullshit thus contradicting the last season
I read that as kind of a prodigal son thing, where despite being taken she still will be consumed by her nature and join them willingly.
Black Skies are rare but not one-of-a-kind, but they are manufactured by the Hand to some degree.
>>
Why did the building "implode" when they only put explosives in one place? If they did it off camera how did they time the multiple locations to go off at once with only on trigger? Why were there secondary explosives throughtout the tower? Why did the police leave explosives in random unlocked closet? Why did Netflix take away the rating system so i could this pos 1 star?
>>
>>94831099
In a lot of the old Iron Fist comics, K'un Lun had inhabitants that looked white, so that's not really a big deal to me. What itks me is how the Hand isn't actually a ninja group, and is in this version rooted in Iron Fist's lore where it doesn't belong, with only one section being Japan based. That and Gao being involved in the Hand makes the whole shared universe seem smaller, and like they're making it up as they go along.
>>
>>94844947
>Why did the building "implode" when they only put explosives in one place?
You got me, that was fucking stupid impossible.
>If they did it off camera how did they time the multiple locations to go off at once with only on trigger?
C4 is volatile and one explosion would trigger the next and so on. It's kind of a cascading effect.
>Why were there secondary explosives throughtout the tower?
One explanation I've seen that I don't buy is that the C4 was originally the Hand's for breaking open the dome, and the architect just stole some. I don't prescribe to that, though.
>Why did the police leave explosives in random unlocked closet?
It's the evidence locker, yes typically they should have a hazardous materials location for that instead. IIRC it was unlocked but Colleen didn't pilfer until the power had gone out so the security was off.
>Why did Netflix take away the rating system so i could this pos 1 star?
Nunfuckery.
>>
>>94844947
>Why did Netflix take away the rating system so i could this pos 1 star?
Amy Schumer. She got so booty blasted that her leather special got such shit ratings that she bitched to Netflix until they changed the rating system.
>>
Man the story of these shows has gotten shit.

Why didn't Danny just contact Tony stark? Any one of the big 4 avengers would have taken down the Hand's piss weak operation single handedly.

Why hasn't Spiderman had any run ins with hand?

Why was Sigourney Weaver willing to give up immortality just to bring Elektra back to life, who seemed to have her job cut out for her fighting just ONE defender?

Why is Kun Lun never shown across two different Netflix shows when it is clearly a major plot element?

Why even bother having the shows take place in the MCU when the characters aren't even allowed to namedrop the Chitari or the Avengers. These shows are so shit.
>>
>>94845580
>C4 is volatile
WRONG. You can shoot and set in on fire. It needs an explosive shockwave to go off. I'll grant one block with a blasting cap could set off all the C4 at one location but not some on the other side of the bulding. Im not even going to get into the required amout of explosives needed, shape of charge, or type needed for demolition.

I doubt FBI, SHIELD?, DHS would let NYPD keep kilos of C4. Im not going to play it again, but the door holding evidance wasnt labled "evidance". It was storage or someshit. Anyway, its lazy writting to just have the explosives there.

Also, what happened to all of the Hands Ninjas?
>>
>>94823158
I think the reason the black sky was so weak was because Alexandra rushed the process, which is also why she was in this weird half-controlled state.
>>
File: 1334030640335.jpg (295KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1334030640335.jpg
295KB, 1600x1200px
The Defenders ripped off Arrow with the manufactured earthquake plot! Explain this! Defend this!
>>
>>94845866
Well fuck me, I'm wrong. Thanks anon.
>>
>>94821878
>Kilgrave
>dead
Sure thing, anon.
>>
>>94846300
Earthquake was a side effect, not really the intended devastation.
>>
>>94821581
>She didnt even know. I think Harold's resurrection in Iron Fist stated that coming back fucks with your brain and makes you irrational. So she went from mindless zombie, to half self aware nutjob, to normal
Nice characterization and plot convenience there MCUtards.
>>
>>94846300
silly Ollie, you can't fire a sword using a bow
>>
>>94846300
Arrow ripped off Batman Begins.
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.