[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf I hate morty now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 502
Thread images: 50

File: s'mores.jpg (78KB, 698x413px) Image search: [Google]
s'mores.jpg
78KB, 698x413px
wtf I hate morty now
>>
File: sdfghj.png (697KB, 1161x679px) Image search: [Google]
sdfghj.png
697KB, 1161x679px
>>94818602
He also manipulated Rick into thinking he was worried about Jerry to get Rick to fuck off for a while, I still love the little guy though, unlike you
>>
>>94818602
I swear that Evil Morty is actually the future version of our Morty
>>
>>94818602
I love that scene where he says he'd tell his daughter she's attractive because she'll look like Jessica
>>
>lie to your mad scientist grandfather so you can finally get a day away from scifi rigmarole
>cunt breaks up with sister which causes her to mess with scifi rigmarole to improve her breasts
>Mom prevents you from just calling Rick and solving the situation without any hassle
>End up spending the entire day messing with some machine to try and fix everything
>Entire day that was supposed to be spent on relaxing
>FUCKING RUINED
>Not angry enough to take it out on family members
>but angry enough to take it out on the guy that started the whole mess
>???
>some stress relieved
Morty was just being an angry teenager letting off steam.
>>
>>94818602
That kind of came out of nowhere. He should know better than anyone how Summer just gets overly neurotic with the slightest bit of negative feedback and that this guy didn't really do anything except have a normal high school breakup.
>>
>>94818636
I think he actually wanted Jerry to fuck off, not Rick. At least the sentence implies that he wanted an end to the divorce drama bullshit and hoped some Jerry adventure would boost his confidence enough to make him less pathetic.
>>
>>94818778
To be fair that could mean both, but either way the core of it is that Morty faked emotions in order to gain what he wanted, which is a pretty messed up thing to do on purpose, it's what sociopaths do
>>
>>94818758
Yes, but Morty is experienced enough with Rick's shit that he could solve it by himself in 10 minutes, maybe less if his mom let him call Rick. Morty couldn't give two shits about Summer's body issues, he was just pissed that his normal day off got ruined and was looking to let off steam.
>>
I think this was the best episode of the show so far.
>>
>>94818602
Morty loves his family and would do anything for them.

Co hates their family, and would do anything to get away from them.

Coincidence?
>>
>>94818714
I can't believe Morty has gone through all of that shit, and he still clings on to his childish crush on Jessica.
>>
>usually Morty is a huge pussy who has occasional outbursts of violence
>suddenly turns into a psychopathic monster who horrifically disfigures a boy for almost nothing
epic
>>
>>94818888
Yeah it's called character development through "show don't tell"
>>
>>94818897
Violent outbursts are very different from what he did.
>>
Boohoohoo what a mean cartoon about a bunch of comically screwed up people wtf why isnt the world better guys?
>>
>>94818837
>either way the core of it is that Morty faked emotions in order to gain what he wanted, which is a pretty messed up thing to do on purpose, it's what sociopaths do
It is? I've been doing that pretty much my entire life, because I found it works quite well.
>>
>>94818915
Boohoohoo someone is critical of my beloved cartoon.
>>
>>94818602
Why didn't that blonde douche just run?
>>
>>94818757
He could have just played video games or watch interdimensional TV instead of doing what he did in that case.
>>
>>94818602
I actually love how Rick-like Morty has gotten. He started off so innocent and now after seasons of Rick's adventures he gives the same amount of fucks as Rick.
>>
>>94819010
>cute kid that was the foil to the insufferable twat is now becoming an insufferable twat

Fun.
>>
>>94818865
>Morty loves his family and would do anything for them.
I don't buy it.
>>
>>94818910
He felt frustrated that his day was ruined so he made up a moral justification to seek revenge on the guy that started it in his eyes
He's been exposed to countless fucked up stuff and his moral compass has been completely shattered by Rick, there is no right or wrong, good or bad, they talked about it briefly in the Vindicators episode.
In this episode he was still pushed over the edge, he just handled it in a calmer way because that way he can more efficiently blow off steam and lower his level of frustration.
>>
>>94819010
The same thing happened to Summer too, now it's just annoying.
>>
>>94818970
He never got the chance, his entire day was spent trying to turn Summer back to normal.
>>
>>94819030
Morty isn't really a twat so much as he wants to be left the fuck alone at this point. He's still a kid so he likes adventures but ultimately he's tired of all the crazy shit. Also I like that he's not a total fucking pushover anymore.
>>
>>94818602
Why is Morty's head so big? It's like twice the size of Ethans
>>
>>94818602
I think to me the coolest part about the episode was that he figured out the ray gun. Think about it, Beth and Summer couldnt figure it out, yet Morty did. I like that they are making his character into a competent scientist and he clearly has the chops to start doing science on his own later on.
>>
>>94818940
Yes it is, it's called manipulation, it's what abusers do.
Many characters in Rick And Morty do it to various degrees and in different ways, Jerry makes you pity him so you'll stay, Rick distills his love and care with a dropper so you'll always wonder and hope that deep down he's good and maybe you can change him, while he uses you do achieve his goals.
Now Morty picked up on this behaviour as well, tricking Rick into leaving him alone for a day.
Many people who have been abused and thus manipulated pick up on this behaviour as well as a way to protect themselves, because if you act a certain way the abuser won't act in a way that is hurtful, and thus you manipulate them in return as self defense.
>>
>>94818888

You remember the Purge episode? Morty pushed that guy down the stairs and then when he got the powersuit he fucking straight murdered a bunch of people who were trying to hide.

The dude's fucked in the head, man. That's why Rick warned against Morties that get too much confidence/too cocky. They go on rampages.
>>
>>94819156
Kek shut the fuck up fag. There is absolutely nothing wrong with manipulating people to get what you want.
>>
>>94818602
Was Ethan in the wrong? Yes. Did he deserve what he got? No. Morty should've just made his arms Popeye-huge and beat the crap out of him.
>>
>>94818602
He thought Tricia has some nice boobies too, why does he care that summer has real life problems
>>
>>94819256
The rich aren't real people
>>
File: sure pal.png (24KB, 985x244px) Image search: [Google]
sure pal.png
24KB, 985x244px
>>94819290
>There is absolutely nothing wrong with manipulating people to get what you want
You might want to get checked if you truly believe that, buddy
>>
>>94819156
Doesn't everybody do that to some extent though? I mean I agree it's more extreme in Jerry and Rick, they are obviously manipulative people, but Morty just doing it to get himself some fucking peace for once strikes me as a pretty normal thing to do. Surely everybody does stuff like that from time to time?
>>
>>94819433
Nah, you're just an asshole. Now I know that was me insulting you, but hey, at least I was honest about it.
>>
>>94819368

Morty literally did not kill a single member of the wealthy upper class. Every single one of his victims were average peasantry, with the possible exception of the lighthouse keeper.
>>
>>94818888
First of all, Check em.

Second of all, he's timid and dumb, compared to Rick. Like we saw last episode, nigga can defuse bombs. He's picked up casual brilliance and savagery from Rick, and we just dont notice it because Rick is way worse.

Seeing the glee with which (pickle)Rick slaughtered those rats was a nice reminder that the guy is not stable.
>>
>>94819473
Well yeah, but the poor are jerks. They just happen to be jerks with less money. Also, I hope that cat bitch go bumped off in Purge 2.0 the Ocho.
>>
>>94819433
Everyone manipulates others to some extent, yes, the problem only truly arises when your manipulation ends up hurting others and damaging them. And yeah, Morty's manipulation did not, but the fact that they showed it and addressed it in the show is indicating that he's capable of doing it, which, coupled with that revenge in the final part, makes the whole message pretty clear.
>>
>>94819508

Killing people in a frenzy, be they jerks or not, isn't exactly what sane people do.
>>
>>94819156
I mean, can you blame Morty? He just wanted a day off from getting into a fucked up adventure at god-whos-where in the violent vast universe. It's not like he manipulated someone to its death or something
>>
>>94819539
Also, about the Purge episode, need I remind you that Rick was aware there was no purgenol in the bars and just lied to Morty to not make him feel bad? Plus recently he's always trying to please him, as if Rick really doesn't want Morty to go over the edge, but he's still at least AWARE of what is happening to Morty
>>
>>94818602
It's possible that Morty and Summer will turn him back (the slaves said he would still be disfigured) after they think he learned his lesson.
>>
I think a lot of people would act just like morty if they had a crazy scientist grandpa that showed up one day and forced you to go through hell every day to amount to no emotional payoff
>>
>>94819656
Well, yeah, that's the point, Rick has a toxic influence on the people around him
>>
>>94818602
Morty did nothing wrong.

He made Summer cry.
>>
>>94819090
Seems fine to me
>>
>>94819368
>>94819508
Middle class master race
>>
>>94819747
And now Ethan's family will cry because of what happened to him.
>>
>>94820217
They already did when the boy got molested, that is if it didn't happen inside the family
>>
>>94820256

ethan's brother did it
>>
>>94820285
hot
>>
File: 1416881901947.jpg (7KB, 134x250px) Image search: [Google]
1416881901947.jpg
7KB, 134x250px
I might have missed something but how did Summer and Beth get back to normal? Also, this was a fantastic episode.
>>
>>94818602
>guy does shit to sis
>let him off
I see someone who's not a fucking man.
>>
>>94820589
It probably got fixed off-screen
>>
>>94820589
Morty learned how the machine worked on the way to the camp, made Beth big and turned inside out so she could talk to Summer, fucked Ethan up and then turned Summer and Beth back to normal.
>>
>>94820673
Do you think Summer or Beth know about what Morty did? Or, most likely, he lied to them? That would be extra fucked up
>>
>>94820673
He really is becoming Rick
>>
>>94819370
>He thinks moralfagging is going to get anywhere on 4chan
I do agree with you, but you're pouring a tiny bottle of cleaner into a pool of shit
>>
>>94820785
I'm just having fun, I'm not really taking this seriously, I'm sure that anon was trying to bait as well, but whatever man, I saw an occasion to showcase how much of a psychologyfag I am and took it for kicks
>>
>>94818602

Summer is pretty much the only thing keeping him around his family at this point, isn't she?
>>
>>94820909
I think you might be right, which might indicate that he's putting her on a pedestal and when she inevitably fucks up he's gonna be pissed and go full evil morty on their asses
>>
>>94819256
>The dude's fucked in the head, man. That's why Rick warned against Morties that get too much confidence/too cocky. They go on rampages.

He probably gets it from his dad. Whenever he gets a chance to be vile without getting caught or punished (the Meeseeks, newly dumbified Rick), he does it. He was going to murder-suicide Beth in Season 1 and when he was surrounded by people too mutated to hold a firearm he started gunning them down.
>>
Summer cheated on Ethan anyway.
>>
>>94821125
Yeah, Summer's a bitch
>>
This was probably my favorite episode of the series thus far. The Jerry/Rick dynamic is so complex and we keep peeling more layers each time. Rick loathes Jerry because he turned Beth from 'Rick's daughter' into a mother and wife and thus separated from his insane shit. Rick also has a point in that Jerry uses his helplessness to try to form bonds with people (though we know from seeing Morty's OG Jerry that he can adapt to insane conditions when push comes to shove).

Then we have a B-plot with a joke a minute, from Beth's insane crafts project to Morty getting dark overkill to those little IT guys literally trapped in the machine it had some great comedic beats.

I hope next weeks is as good, I remember watching the preview from comic-con and the cold open looks promising.
>>
Rick said that a Morty that's too full of himself isn't good news for anyone.
>>
>>94821274
This, and if what they're doing is any indication we'll get some follow-up to the development that is taking place and I honestly can't fucking wait
>>
>>94819370

APD might fit a bit better
>>
>>94821913
...Auditory Processing Disorder?
>>
>"My sister's vanity is your fault, enjoy elephantitis for the rest of your life"

Yeah, dick move, Morty.
>>
This Morty is on the path to become like Evil Morty. Rick warned Morty about Mortys that get too big for their britches.

Evil Morty is Rick's original Morty.
>>
I just presumed that Ethan would get turned back to normal once he makes it back to town.
>>
>>94818602
>All 5 of the main cast are now completely unlikable
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>94822334
Oh like it won't be fixed offscreen
>>
>>94820217
Wait what happened to Ethan? Morty actually fired it? I thought he was just scaring him. I didn't see a scene with Ethan after that.
>>
>>94822861
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EoOYm0jd18
>>
>>94822859
I will call bullshit until I see it with my own eyes
>>
>>94823255
The slaves said that it would still be impossible to totally reverse
>>
>>94823299
and there you have it, Ethan is done for, I wonder how Summer feels about that, if she would be happy or if she would feel like Morty is a psycho
>>
>>94823299
Wasn't it like a 13% chance to comletely reverse it? We'll see Ethan again with like a giant arm still or something.
>>
>>94818602
I wanted to spend a normal time with his family and Summer's image problems wouldn't allow that. Of course he'd attack the source out of revenge.

The point is that both Beth and Morty are shown to be just as fucked up as Rick is when he's not around.
>>
>>94823727
They were talking about how to reverse it, they were just arguing about the parameters needed to do so.
>>
>>94818865
Reminder that Morty bailed on his actual family, and took the place of a dead alternate universe version of himself.
>>
File: 1503037175595.png (317KB, 2367x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1503037175595.png
317KB, 2367x1448px
>>94819368
Fuck off back to /leftypol/ now
>>
>>94823979
t. currencyhavingfag
>>
>>94818837
>Morty faked emotions in order to gain what he wanted
>it's what sociopaths do
It's what humans do.
>>
>>94823979
I wonder what state of mind you'd have to be in to make an image like this.
>>
>>94824010
Not really, he lied and manipulated Rick
>>
>>94818602
Fuck off Roiland, we all know you shit post about your own show.
>>
>>94824046
Well gosh, normal people don't lie to get what they want. He MUST be a sociopath.
>>
>>94824046
And that's not a normal person thing... how?
>>
>>94824061
That's just a plus anyway, it's
>killing multiple people for the sake of it and then pushing a guy to his death down a flight of stairs
and
>horribly disfiguring an horny teenager only because he messed with the day you had planned
that really cements that fact
>>
Need I remind everyone again that (our) Rick shoves smart-enhancing space seeds up his butt to become smarter than the other Ricks (who don't drool green goop) and (our) Morty has had one of those same seeds shoved up his butt for smuggling purposes...
doesn't that explain one or two things?
>>
>>94818757
Nailed it.
>>
>>94821274
On the "Jerry adapting to insane situations" note, was anyone else surprised at how quickly Jerry acclimated to the theme park? I guess I might just be used to Morty's fear and confusion but damn, Rick gave him like a sentence or two of an explanation and he was instantly nonplussed by the whole thing. Coupled with his performance in other episodes where he's wrapped up in bullshit, I think Jerry might be one of those people who ONLY can function well under pressure.
>>
>>94824046
Lying is one of the most human things we can do. The intelligence involved in deception and misleading others is a part of what helped us survive as social creatures.
>>
>>94823299
Thats stupid to think he wont go back to the way he was. It was a gag for a cartoon.
>>
>>94824355
This. I wonder why these fans weren't so worked up about those slugs getting loose on earth and sterilizing humanity, but I guess that's just a gag while what happened to Ethan is super serious. /co/ is so fucking odd.
>>
>>94824355
That wasn't a gag
>>
>>94818859
Definitely the best of season 3, maybe second to the first one
>>
>>94819090
He's closer to the foreground dipshit
>>
>>94818602
Morty is slowly becoming as cynical and smart as Rick.
>>
>>94818602
This is exactly the sort of petty revenge that is a product of a feminine mind.
>>
>>94824993
This episode was written by a man, you homo
>>
>>94825011
A) Doesn't mean his brain wasn't feminine.
B) They've said that the writing credit is basically meaningless, and all the writers write all the episodes.
>>
>>94825029
convenient excuse
>>
>>94825077
Ah, I hayve ben baited.

Good sir.
>>
>>94825121
Just saying, I could say the same thing every time someone brings up MUH FEMALE WRITERS to disprove their point and imply that a male wrote it instead. You're not making any sense dude, if the name in the credits doesn't mean anything you have absolutely zero proof that any particular part was written by males or females.
>>
>>94824993
Do you have a masculine mind?
>>
>>94819290

Forgot your hat.
>>
>>94818970
Check that he was holding a cup drinking and having a small smile. He was ready to sit and talk with his mother, relax or something. He was fully ready to sit and have some r&r but everything went to hell.

Details like these... I love them.
>>
>>94819290
Yes there is. You should seek to help people at the expense of yourself, not promote yourself at the expense of other people. What would the Buddha say if he read your message? Despicable.
>>
>>94825207
I am the Buddha and I say eat my dick
>>
File: PBF045-Wise_Shitashi.jpg (65KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
PBF045-Wise_Shitashi.jpg
65KB, 900x300px
>>94825240
>>
morty isnt evil, he's not 'becoming rick'
he's just tired
he's tired of being traumatized every other week, tired of being trusted to handle situations in which he is way over his head, but still being denied the closure or satisfaction of rick giving him any kind of recognition for his achievements.
the whimsy and wonder of other dimensions and space adventures are fleeting and he feels robbed of a life he's more suited for, in which he isn't just considered a stupid parasite of the most powerful being of all reality.

i'd be fucking curt with people too desu
>>
>>94825496
no he's evil
>>
>>94825551
this
>>
File: Capture.png (282KB, 584x684px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
282KB, 584x684px
how can one have such shitty taste?
>>
I can't wait for Morty to go back to being a whiny little bitch in the next episode because nihilism for this show is an excuse for the writing to be garbage
>>
>>94820626
>>94823160
>>
>>94818602
I really like extremely nihilistic evil Morty.
>>
File: onesolitaryfuckisgiven.jpg (17KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
onesolitaryfuckisgiven.jpg
17KB, 320x240px
Nah, I respect Morty for that. He was protecting his family and he knew those help desk people would fix it eventually.
I wont say the guy 'got what was coming' the punishment was definitely disproportionate to the crime, but fuck it- its a cartoon meant to be funny.

OP is a fag
>>
>>94819156
More generally, it's what people with ulterior motives do. Anyone who thinks it's just sociopaths or abusers needs to meet real people
>>
>>94825648
Try not to look at the letter grades for the other classics (Rick Potion #9, Lawnmower Dog, etc.). You'll just get pissed off.

I detect a blatant agenda. Although, AV Club is fucking garbage. The reviewer missed the first 7 minutes of Get Schwifty but reviewed it anyways, never updating it. 7 minutes.
>>
>>94824395
/co/ takes everything in R&M too fucking seriously, because any semblance of enjoyment means you're actually "m-m-muh redditor"
>>
What help desk people are you guys talking about ?
>>
>>94826391
I feel like the only reason the latest episode got an A- is because otherwise he'd get assblasted for fanboyism.
>>
>>94818888
Morty learned to be emotionally manipulative from watching his dumb dad for years, and more recently learned to be crafty and abstract from rick. Those things combine into something monstrous and powerful. The scene where jerry threatens to punch rick is a nice foreshadow for what morty is becomming.
>>
>>94819156
it's normal, stop being such a wuss
>>
>>94818602
Episode made me go out and buy ingredients to make s'mores

Holy shit
>>
>>94826517
I wonder how they'll show that next episode, it seems these recent episodes all foreshadowed evil morty in different ways
>>
>Season 7 Morty opens with him portaling into a hospital and bashing newborn baby and pregnant women's brains in with a bat and tells the last remaining one that he did it because he could
>>
>>94818865
He lied to Rick so he'd fuck off. That lie being that he cared about Jerry which he doesn't.

He's clearly sick of his mom, though she's shit so that's justified.

Finally he deformed Ethan for himself to get back at him for ruining his day. Summer is just his excuse.
>>
>>94818778
Doesn't really make sense as we've not gotten any divorce drama from Jerry. I think Morty just wanted a day off from his entire messed-up family and they dragged him into something crazy.
>>
>>94824109
If you're talking about the arm, it's heavily implied he had no control over it.
>>
>>94827628
Was that what pushed him over the edge? Did he really actually need the day off so much that the fact he didn't get it made him go slightly mad? That's interesting to consider
>>
>>94824109
>horribly disfiguring an horny teenager only because he messed with the day you had planned
He horribly disfigured that teenager because he made his sister sad. I mean, it's still pretty shitty but at least give Morty that little bit of credit.
>>
>>94827582

>That lie being that he cared about Jerry which he doesn't.

I think you're reading a lot into what he did. Not wanting to deal with his family sometimes doesn't mean he doesn't care about them.
>>
>>94827635
The purge episode, anon, and the Whirly Dirly Conspiracy, I was talking about those
>>
>>94827651
Mad Max episode he murdered dozens of people imagining it was Jerry.
>>
>>94818757
>but angry enough to take it out on the guy that started the whole mess
It was a dick move to break up with Summer, but how would he know Summer would turn herself into a monster because of an emotional breakdown? It's Summer's fault that she would mess around with Rick's shit while she knows the consequences. But ultimately it's Rick's fault for no hiding his stuff.
>>
>>94827665
His arm was going to murder those people either way. He was taking out his aggressions, hardly means he'd kill Jerry if he had the chance.
>>
>>94819508
>I hope that cat bitch go bumped off in Purge 2.0

Same here, after all the trouble Morty went through for her.
>>
>>94827674
Objectively, you're right, but to Morty, who values Summer, he perceived Ethan as the true culprit of it all
>>94827678
I can't wait for you to eat those words once he goes full evil morty on all of us and starts doing some real messed up stuff
>>
>>94827695

He's already done real messed up stuff, anon. You just seem to be struggling with the idea that having complicated emotions regarding his spineless mid-divorce father isn't an indication of apathy.
>>
File: 12352345123523.jpg (102KB, 630x627px) Image search: [Google]
12352345123523.jpg
102KB, 630x627px
>>94818602
>They're all written to be horrible people
>Viewers act as if they should be perceived any differently
>>
>>94827695
Deforming someone for a break up is already really messed up. Add to it because its really about Morty getting petty revenge because his day was ruined, not Summer's body image being harmed.

Note we dont even see Summer's reaction to this, even the writers seem to show that Morty did this for himself.
>>
>lets make the entire family as nihilistic and amoral as Rick

What were they thinking?!
>>
>>94827720
I don't feel like Summer needs to see the results of Morty's actions for it to be for her sake.
>>
>>94827740
It could've been both, honestly, human beings are complex and can have multiple reasons to do a single action, maybe in his mind he thought he was for her sake while subconsciously he only wanted to get his revenge on someone, anyone
>>
>>94827737

Morty's actions may have been wrong, but they weren't nihilistic. They were predicated on a value judgement. Hurting his sister is bad, and his actions served as justice for that wrong.

Rick responds to nihilism by accepting it and devolving into hedonism. Morty clearly believes that there is some sort of value in the social structure of his family even if he accepts the premises of nihilism. This is really more of a post-modern or specifically existentialist stance.

To wit, Morty did a bad thing because he cares while Rick does bad things because he doesn't.
>>
>>94827793
He also acknowledges that his real family is in cronenberg world, so probably his relationship with this family is a bit distorted and warped, also based on what happened there
>>
>>94823160

My God, that's horrible.

How can you people justify this? This is far more disproportionate than simply breaking up with Summer. Summer can live and find a new love, but this poor boy's life is ruined FOREVER. The words dont exist that adequately convey exactly how reprehensible this is. Nothing justifies this.

NOTHING
>>
>>94827818
We're not justifying anything
>>
>>94823727

Even with a 100% chance, that still doesn't justify what Morty did

>>94823803
>I wanted to spend a normal time with his family and Summer's image problems wouldn't allow that

No excuse.
>>
>>94827818

It's a cartoon, anon, and nobody said what Morty did was right.
>>
>>94818602
>wtf I hate morty now
took you three seasons for that?
he killed like a dozen people already
>>
>>94827840
You know that's supposed to be an explanation, not an excuse.
Side note, I can't wait for Rick himself to comment about how something Morty did/is doing is fucked up, that'll really be the turning point
>>
>>94827720
I still hope that Marty's character development eventually makes him become like Rick
>>
>>94825496

There's curt, then there's fucking destroying someone's life irrevocably.
>>
>>94827818
Said it before but Morty's just adapting to Rick morality. Nothing in the universe REALLY matters so if you repay a small slight with disproportionate cruelty who cares? Morty only values his family and even they piss him off a lot.
>>
>>94827864
>I can't wait for Rick himself to comment about how something Morty did/is doing is fucked up, that'll really be the turning point
I already feel like that's something Rick would do. Because he's a hypocrite and often does things the exact opposite of what you'd expect.
>>
>>94818778
It's obvious he meant Rick. "This kind of shit" refers to crazy sci-fi stuff.
>>
>>94818778
What? In context he's talking about crazy science adventures, but instead of getting a break he gets his sister turned into a skinless giant. Wacky hijinx ensues. And Morty is so over it now.
>>
>>94827909
Exactly, plus if even the most terrible person thinks you're going too far, then that's really telling, and it could definitely lead to morty lashing out even more, it could also make rick realize that he created a monster and maybe finally try to make things right
>>
>>94827907
>Nothing in the universe REALLY matters so if you repay a small slight with disproportionate cruelty who cares?

That boy's family. His Friends. HIM.

>>Morty only values his family and even they piss him off a lot.

THAT'S.

STILL.

NO.

EXCUSE.
>>
>>94819030
Other way around bro. Rick is old and unlikely to really change. He's the foil. Morty is young and developing, he's going to get really fucked up.
>>
File: 1502276973960.png (93KB, 226x243px) Image search: [Google]
1502276973960.png
93KB, 226x243px
>>94827950
You seem to be awfully angry at a cartoon, anon, might I suggest taking a break from the internet and calming down
>>
>>94827950
You type like you're on tumblr.

Why do you care about morty fucking up the poor little pretty boy's life, when morty fucks with the universe on his own volition a whole lot more than what morty did that episode? He tried to betray rick in the pilot, he even genocided a bunch of innocent, poor (and innocent because poor) peasants in that purge episode.

Chill man, the show has shown in many occassions that it pulls no punches in depicting their percieved enemies getting wrecked, likely scene for scene straight out of their fantasies. The writers just wanted to shit on polygamatic chad. Why the fuck does this "" topic"" deserve a hundred posts?
>>
>>94823160

That's fucking horrific. Poor kid got a Robocop mutation because he broke up with a girl for shallow teenage boy reasons. Morty is a stone cold psychopath.
>>
>>94827950

This guy mad as fuck because for the first time he recognizes himself in one of the literally countless victims of Rick and Morty's antics good job getting salty because of your feelings of inadequacy my main man
>>
>>94824279
Animals can lie and deceive too, they just lack the communication for more complex lies. And if you lie to people close to you about important things then you're either a sociopath or a piece of shit. Of course small harmless lies can be understandable in some situations, and since everyone in the show is a piece of shit anyway it's not exactly a realistic equivalent, but again, if you think that lying to your family is normal then you deserve to be alone and miserable.
>>
>>94818602
The only part of this scene that upset me was why the fuck would you make a s'more and then take the FINISHED sandwich and start cooking it over the fire again. "Your s'more is burning" made NO sense.
>>
>>94828043

Thing is, they don't even stop to consider that maybe Summer was partly behind why the kid broke up with her in the first place. The whole family has been shown to be a bunch of shitlords. Maybe he left her because she was being a a neurotic bitch.

Did Morty ever stop to consider that? That maybe she might not be innocent in this affair?
>>
>>94828043
>>94828304
the whole family needs to be nuked. they're all awful.
>>
>>94825551
Who isn't evil in this show you retard. Enlighten me. Who the fuck is the good guy?
>>
>>94828243

It's called having a soul. Being a compassionate human being capable of empathy.

It's clear you and those concepts are not on familiar terms.
>>
>>94828243
Seriously literally everyone in the show gets mutilated and murdered horrifically but it's only a problem now when it's someone halfway relatable.

It's like /pol/ crying about a Nazi getting beat up during a montage where a whole bunch of cunts get beat up.
>>
>>94828340
>It's called having a soul. Being a compassionate human being capable of empathy.
Then why didn't you stop watching at the very first fucking episode when a young teenager got frozen and left to die?
>>
>>94827909
>>94827864
The love potion speech.
>>
>>94828345
Yeah, People are shit. LOOK AROUND YOU! Some fat fuck will reply to me and say "Lol fag".
>>
>>94828345
It's a show, which means that things that emphasized more in it are more important and will be talked about more. Cartoon morality is always highly context dependant.
>>
File: 1492590100180.png (267KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1492590100180.png
267KB, 600x750px
Flip the narrative. Teenage boy has girlfriend dump him, assumes it's because of his small penis. It's actually because he's a fucking histrionic psychopath, and he's also been shown to cheat on the girlfriend.
Teenage boy's sister finds ex girlfriend and throws acid in her face.

Suddenly I feel like this would not make it to television.
>>
>>94828382
The only context here is that you're a whiny insecure cunt.
>>
>>94828361
He's the perfect example of why shows ditch show don't tell nowadays. The average person has the attention span of an add goldfish and can't be bothered with anything more than cool explosions and faux deep dialog that makes them feel smart.

>captcha: summer carrer
>>
>>94828384
>implying you wouldn't watch /r9k/ the animated series
>>
>>94828402
And what exactly am I whining about you retard? I didn't even take part in your argument before, I just felt the need to explain a basic property of the media you're pretending to discuss since it seems like it escapes you.
>>
>>94828454
Your joke is not clever. /r9k/ would never have a girlfriend in the first place.
>>
>makes next to no effort to convey Morty's descent into evil/madness

>show still thinks its earned the right to have a character do something unnecessarily evil and out-of-character just for shock value

This show is no better than fucking family guy. I don't mind shock value as long as it's handled well and is actually fucking funny. This show tries so hard to develop it's characters by having every episode EXPLAIN to us why a character's changed, or why a character is like the way they are instead of maybe fucking DEVELOPING them over TIME. Beth goes from an emotionally distraught mid-life crisis ridden mother who's overly attached to her father, to a distant, cold sociopath who basically hates her kids. It never SHOWS any actual development though. That's just how she is now. Does she have a good reason? Maybe. Does this show want to show that process over time? Fuck no. Time for a forced psychology lesson every fucking week.

The only funny parts of this show are the bits Justin Roiland does when he's drunk, and even they're hit and miss at best.
>>
>>94828471
>I just felt the need to explain a basic property of the media you're pretending to discuss
Blah blah blah blah BLAH, it's FUCKING Rick and Morty.
>>
>>94818602
was this supposed to lead into an Attack on Titan style mother/daughter threeway? cuz that is hot morty, thank you
>>
>>94828546
It's a cartoon, you mongoloid. It follows the same rules as every other cartoon. If that's too complicated for you then I suggest you call your handler because you're not supposed to be browsing this site, or the internet, unsupervised.
>>
>>94828382
>things that are emphasized more are more important
>things that are emphasized more provide more discussion
>>
>>94828384
>what if we took a scene that had nothing to do with the problems in the middle-east
>and flipped it so it directly references the problems in the middle-east
>that'll show ((((them)))
>>
There were leaks last year when they brought animatics to an animation school (phoenix bird and the like).

Not sure if its in the vacation episode or another one, but morty is gonna try to kill himself
>>
>>94828384
Acid isn't a science fiction induced plot device abused by the character that goes wrong. That's not flipping the narrative, you've changed some elements to suit your personal agenda.
>>
>>94828527
Didn't Morty try to force Jessica into wanting to mate with him?
>>
>>94828637
Which is why people talking about one specific example of violence over many others is completely normal and not surprising, contrary to what some people here seem to think.
>>
>>94828838
See >>94828002 the last paragraph
>>
>>94823979
Me on the left.
>>
Morty's actions AREN'T supposed to be justifiable and y'all are retarded for thinking so. In a show where entire universes/races get destroyed, why does this suddenly matter? Morty's on the path to becoming evil and it's clearly building up to something that we'll see in the next episodes. Even in the Vindicators episode you could tell he's just sick of Rick's shit (and the rest of the family at this point). That doesn't justify what he did to Ethan, but you need to understand that Morty's sense of morals are complety fucked at this point. Fucker had to bury his own body and accept the fact that he's not even with his "original" family
>>
>>94828912
At least his family's still alive.

Not that it means much, primal Summer's saving grace is either dimension hopping or alien breeding
>>
File: 1499629399406.jpg (8KB, 223x200px) Image search: [Google]
1499629399406.jpg
8KB, 223x200px
>episodes from here on dont have Summer with a larger rack
>>
>>94818602
man for this alone i want evil morty to ruin this piece of shit morty's AND summer's life
>>
>>94818636
how the hell did morty manage to trick rick?
we had rick finding a way to get out of therapy and fucking up mortys adventure because it was beneath him in the previous two episodes, rick clearly does whatever he wants, he is too smart to get tricked by morty too and even then too smart to follow through instead of finding a way to do what he wants
thats awful wrting right there
hell i thought rick planned everything, and the aliens trying to kill him was a set up to get jerry to like him so he is no longer a problem the same way i thought morty and summer where actually robots in the terapy episode, the writing is so awful you almost think they are trying to be clever but no, its just awful
>>
>>94818875
I'm pretty sure the original plan for her had her having some marginal role in the show. Like some speaking lines every few season or so.
>>
>>94829104
Why didn't Morty help her get a real big rack?
>>
>>94818602
Summer should've ordered a horse dildo and cam whore to feel good about herself.
>>
>>94818875
Puppy love sticks with you.
And he's actually gotten a fair amount of attention from her over the series.
>>
>>94829143
We all ready did Evil Morty in the comics and it was shit.
>>
hey roiland,i know you frquent these threads,look i know how to fix this shit season
just kill of summer and make everyone not care about her and viola,the show is liked again.
and if harmon is the problem,just keep pestering him until he says ok.
>>
>>94829217
yes but comics morty is not this morty,i want this morty to feel terrible
>>
>>94829220
>viola
>>
>>94829240
just roll with it,you what i mean
and i know roiland is here
>>
The purpose of Ricks adventuring with Mortys was because Morty's special brain wave. Which hides Rick from the Galactic Federation or the Council of Ricks.

The Galactic Federation and the Council of Ricks are no more. So is Rick Prime still adventuring with a Morty?
>>
>>94818602
Guy hurts his sister's feelings and he is a bad guy for standing up for his sister? I sure hope you don't have any sister's OP because you'd probably be a dogshit brother to them.
>>
>>94829215
This.
Plus Jessica is a QT3.14 so I can't blame him.
>>
File: cerebro-playa.jpg (30KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
cerebro-playa.jpg
30KB, 500x400px
>>94818669
Sorry, Time Travel is staying on shelf m8.
>>
File: Hambelridge.png (116KB, 250x322px) Image search: [Google]
Hambelridge.png
116KB, 250x322px
After getting it regular from Hemorrhage why would Summer even be interested in a little faggot like Ethan?
>>
>>94829473
It's not that she actually wants him, it's more due to the fact that she was dumped for someone else and she HAS to be better than the other girl. That's how it is between women and relationships.
>>
>>94818669
>>94829421
Rick can time travel. He just doesn't for reasons.

Obviously Rick Prime started adventuring with Evil Morty at a much younger age than he did with current morty. Evil Morty got "too big for his britches" and Rick Prime had to run to another universe. Evil Morty eventually gets him self another Rick and takes him over. Setting things up to frame Rick Prime and get revenge.
>>
>>94829534
>That's how it is between women and relationships.
As if it didn't happen with guys.
>>
Morty is turning into Rick.

They're going to realise Morty needs Jerry's influence so he doesn't turn into a psychopath.
>>
>>94828384
Why did you change stuff? Why not just actually express it as an exact replica of events but with the genders reversed?

>Older brother gets dumped by his girlfriend who immediately goes on a date with some hot guy
>Brother feels ugly and unwanted, uses Morphizer to try and make himself look more attractive, ends up turning himself into a horrible monstrosity by accident
>Little sister uses morphizer to fuck up the girl who broke her older brother's heart and turns her into a lumbering monstrosity

You literally render your argument meaningless by saying you're going to "Flip the narrative" then deciding to arbitrarily change various aspects to sound more extreme and severe than they are in the original narrative. It's facetious.
>>
Doesn't Ethan have Anatomy Park 2 in him?
>>
>>94830995
Wasn't that from the Cronenberg universe?
>>
>>94831039
Wouldn't the dead Rick have done the same thing given that Ethan and Summer are still together and the Christmas bonding happened.
>>
File: opinion.jpg (201KB, 880x2969px) Image search: [Google]
opinion.jpg
201KB, 880x2969px
>>94818602
>wtf I hate morty now
noone cares
not about you
not about your feelings
>>
>>94831503
I don't know, trying to figure out the continuity of this show is actually stupid.
>>
It's well known that if ALL the characters in a show are completely unlikable, people will stop watching. I wonder why Dan Harmon thinks he can buck the trend?
This last Morty move ruined the last sympathetic character. It's obvious that Dan and Justin have no fucking clue what they're doing.
>>
>>94829308
Dude, he didn't "stand up for his sister". Are you some kind of psychopath? Somebody breaks up with your sister and you go and blind him? Because that's what Morty did, he permanently disfigured the guy.
Jesus Christ, dude. You may want to check in with a mental health provider. You might need to be institutionalized.
>>
What's up with Solar Opposites? I can't wait to watch something without Harmon's greasy fingers all over it.
>>
>>94831693
>Not protecting the carriers of your genes with deadly force
Fucking cuckold.
>>
>>94831740
Kid, you don't know shit about women. What is Morty going to do when Summer gets back together with Ethan tomorrow. I feel sorry for you kid, you're going to spend the rest of your life being manipulated by women.
>>
Reminder that Rick is an old Morty. It makes sense.
>>
>>94831567
>that pic
The internet has literally never been like that.
>>
File: 1497562439718.jpg (40KB, 592x490px) Image search: [Google]
1497562439718.jpg
40KB, 592x490px
>>94831816
>>
>>94831693
Its all about scale, and context.

First and foremost, I am unable to do half of the things Morty is because I don't have a mad grandfather deus ex sciencing in my garage. He is able to do a lot more than I ever could. Look at it like how Morrison talks about Superman. It isn't about coming up with only ever writing him fighting guys that only he could. It's about writing him doing things you and I do, and taking those things to Superman's level. The example always given is that we play fetch with our dogs and a tennis ball in our back yards or a public park. Superman uses a sewer cap in outer space with Krypto. Within the context at hand, you and I might go and toss some fists at a guy for breaking our sister's heart. Rick and Morty aren't at our level though, so because of the shit they've experienced and the resources available to them, their punishment is going to be more extreme than anything you or I would do. It doesn't change the fact that when you boil what Morty did down to it's purest essence, he was just standing up for his sister.

Second, the show is meant to be comedic by its nature and tone, and you seem to have checked your sense of humor at the door in favor of getting triggered by one act of the fucked up justice the show has had since day one. Maybe stop pretending the two protagonists haven't done much worse than mutating a single guy as recompense for emotionally harming one of their family members.
>>
File: no rick no.jpg (240KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
no rick no.jpg
240KB, 2048x1152px
>>
File: 1448664112107.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1448664112107.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>94831912
>>
>>94818602

What are i watching?
>>
>>94831981
Homo-Mommying.
>>
>>94827818
It's entirely justified. By breaking up with Summer, Ethan brought this on himself, he should know that by getting involved in that family there was no happy ending. Morty no longer values life the same way he did after seeing countless alien genocides and other fucked up shit. He really only cares about his family and Jessica. Ethan doesn't mean anything to him and has already caused him trouble.
>>
>>94828304
Or maybe its the three weeks spent as a robot cheating on him?
>>
everyone's freaking out about Morty deforming Ethan but nobody's mentioned that one alien kid at the resort killing his sister
>>
>>94832112
So we got a fucking psycho?
>>
>>94829156
All Morty did was feign concern for Jerry and made Rick believe that it would make Morty too distracted to help him on adventures
>>
>>94832226
thats just your typical highschool guy in USA
>>
>>94832112
agreed but double standard, summer cheat on him first with muscle mcapocalypse
>>
>>94827913
or crazy emotional family shit
>>
File: 1503029322828.jpg (93KB, 461x507px) Image search: [Google]
1503029322828.jpg
93KB, 461x507px
ITT:
>its wrong to breakup with a person you don't like because you're automatically hurting them. Of you break up with my sister, you basically hurt my sister-PREPARE TO DIE

ETHAN. DID. NOTHING. WRONG. THIS FUCK JUST WANTED TO HAVE A HAPPY LIFE WITH A GIRL HE LIKED AND THIS CUMFUCK MORTY PUNISHED HIM AS IF HE RAPED HIS SISTER AND CUT HER HEAD OFF.
IF YOU SUPPORT MORTY YOU ARE A FUCKING TUMBLRITE WHO MUST GO
>>
>>94828331
we're in the third season and you continue to miss the point "everyone in the universe is awful"
>>
>>94832471
No you retard, Jerry wasn't at their house and Rick doesn't contribute to the emotional family shit. If you aren't an idiot, it's obvious he was saying he wanted a break from Rick's stupid science bullshit.
>>
>>94832494
He didn't do anything that merited getting Croenenberg'd but he was being a dick. He was going to take Summer camping, but he dumped her and immediately started dating another girl who he then took on the trip he had promised Summer and made her feel like shit. There are less shitty ways to end a relationship.
>>
>>94822234

Antisocial Personality Disorder
>>
>>94818602
Goes to show that the entire family is dysfunctional.
>>
>>94825207
Thats an opinion. I think life is to get ahead by any means possible. If that means stepping on and manipulating people so be it.
>>
>>94825207
>What would the Buddha say if he read your message?
He'd probably say Ching chong wing wong I'm the Buddha watch me eat this whole cake ffffffffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt.
>>
>>94832251
because rick would care enough bout that to wast an entire day with fucking jerry right?
generous and nice rick caring about his grandson, thats not completely out of character
>>
>>94832958
I dont get this train of thought. In America unless you are well off you have to manipulate people to get ahead. Thats not dysfunctional, it's survival.
>>
>>94833119
they went to have drinks and ride on a rollercoaster
>>
>>94828361
>hurr breaking up with your unstable gf is exactly the same as an older bully threatening a younger one with a fucking knife
>>
morty started out more like jerry but now he's more like rick
>>
File: file.png (473KB, 648x689px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
473KB, 648x689px
>>94828831
>>94828831
>>
>>94828912
>hurr who cares that I raped this 12 year old to death if the Holocaust happened?!
>>
File: 1473623320318.jpg (77KB, 599x680px) Image search: [Google]
1473623320318.jpg
77KB, 599x680px
>>94828527
>makes next to no effort to convey Morty's descent into evil/madness
wasn't the purge thing in like season 1
>>
>>94833478
and the problem is that 2 ricks in the show is too much. But at this point everyone on the family is turning to rick.
>>
>>94833199
its rick we are talking about, he cant stand jerry
ok, fuck it have it your way then, go watch steven universe too, its still """""good"""""
>>
>>94833870
He used the time to rub his victory in Jerry's face, admit that he actively tried to break up his marriage, and ranted about why he hates Jerry so much.

It was basically a free trip to a resort where he could beat Jerry down again and feel like he has the moral high ground.
>>
>>94832112
Don't be an edgelord, you aren't a fucking character in the cartoon
>>
>>94833934
if they want me to buy that morty tricked rick thats something they have to show because its extremely unlikely otherwise it comes as a chea excuse that doesnt make much sense just to get the episode rolling and thats not something you want just look at modern simpsons wich has entire episodes like that because nobody can write for shit there
>>
>>94833521
No one ever draws female's feet right.
>>
File: 1490003898188.png (49KB, 196x196px) Image search: [Google]
1490003898188.png
49KB, 196x196px
>>94832112
>By breaking up with Summer, Ethan brought this on himself
I know a lot of you have never been in a relationship, but do you REALLY think the right to choose who you're romantically involved with is anyone's choice but your own? He didn't even cheat, he didn't want to continue the relationship and made the adult decision to end things. For bigger titties, sure, but that's his right as a human being.
>>
>>94834295
I mean I can see it. Not so much as him getting tricked but for him feeling bad for Jerry considering the divorce.
And Dan Harmon isn't exactly unfamiliar with that topic...
>>
This show is like the ultimate leftist cynical 'comedy'. I don't really get the appeal of it.
>>
>>94830562
This
>>
File: 1107318192966.jpg (31KB, 370x368px) Image search: [Google]
1107318192966.jpg
31KB, 370x368px
>>94823299
>ironically Ethan ends up reverting back to normal except his cock is huge
>>
>>94818602
Anyone have links to the new episode?
>>
>>94834563
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps_vue_subscription/
>>
>>94834488
Maybe family guy is more to your liking
>>
Why the fuck are people taking a tongue-in-cheek cartoon so serious?
>>
dude fuckin ruined that s'more.
>>
>>94834462
>I mean I can see it
you can see it all you like but its bullshit in my book
>>
>>94832242
Ethan fucked up because he broke the number 1 rule in dating. Don't fuck crazy
>>
File: 1490693574559.jpg (794KB, 2040x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1490693574559.jpg
794KB, 2040x1440px
>>94834391
No dirty gaijin anyway
>>
>>94832270
jej
>>
>>94833726
No, that was late in Season 2.
>>
>>94833521
Remember, this was Jessica's dream.
>>
File: lisa.png (2MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
lisa.png
2MB, 1360x768px
LOL
>>
>>94818602
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKvsLLfRpLs&t=228s
is dan harmon that guy who is always hanging around your friends and the places you go to but nobody likes him and nobody knows who keeps inviting him?
>>
>>94832593
That "point" was made to justify bad writing. Enjoy Family Guy 2.0.
>>
I noticed Morty has been more confident this season. Didn't Rick warn about cocky Mortys?

Also did anyone else find it kinda endearing that Rick would take Jerry on an adventure to make his grandson happy?
>>
It's a body image joke. It came off as malevolent because we didn't see Ethan dump Summer for a chick with big boobs, so it's isn't really clear if Ethan caused her body confidence crisis or if it was Summer being a teen girl and redirecting the fact she got dumped in to her own body issues.

Whatever the case, Morty took it as Ethan's fault and so gave him some body issues of his own to deal with. Whether that's an attempt at temporary poetic comeuppance or a permanent malicious lashing out is hard to say, since it was played off as the post-credit joke.
>>
File: 1483110294906.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483110294906.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>>94827674
She literally got dicked and married in a previous episode to some random dude. How is breaking up with her a dick move
>>
>>94819290
t. sociopathic asshole
>>
>>94824010
>>94824061
You might want to look up the definition of projection. Look up defeatist while youre at it. Surely it wouldn't hurt to read something for once in your life
>>
>>94831829
fuck off
>>
>>94824109
Don't talk like that anon, homicide is what any normal person would do. It's human
>>
File: impicklerick.png (568KB, 956x355px) Image search: [Google]
impicklerick.png
568KB, 956x355px
spongebob did it first
>>
>>94825011
>Implying nu-males don't have a feminine mindset

It's like you don't even live in the current year
>>
File: 1449520449474.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1449520449474.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>94835055
>morty slowly becomes more cynical like rick
>rick becomes more endearing like morty

yfw they r swapping places
>>
File: c9a.png (225KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
c9a.png
225KB, 373x327px
>>94832988
>>
>>94835463
It's called being American. No one in America ever got anything without taking something from someone else.
>>
>>94827582
He didn't ruin his day though, Summer and the rest of his family did. Ethan literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>94835536
Ethan was the source of the problem
>>
>>94827650
>shit man, this guy made someone I care about sad, better ruin his life in return.
>>
Don't really get what Summer was in such a knot about, it's not like she'd bother with a guy who was worse looking or less popular than Ethan.
>>
File: 1502080281809.jpg (49KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502080281809.jpg
49KB, 480x480px
>>94832988
>>94835528
you just sound like a cartoon villain, anon.
>>
File: The Original Morty.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The Original Morty.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>94829156
I think we have seen that a Morty can trick Rick.
>>
>>94835602
Kek ok. People like you just make it easier for people like me to get ahead cause you think using people is wrong for some reason. You do you, I'll continue to put myself and my family first.
>>
>>94827950
Don't criticize the shows writing anon, that makes us upset. Morty is a brave and stunning individual who can do no harm and nihilism is totally EPIC bro. Youre just a hater, upvote if you agree
>>
>>94835602
Nah. He actually takes the lessons of Rick & Morty to heart. Why would expect the fanbase of an explicitly nihilist cartoon to be moral anyway? To enjoy Rick & Morty you need to be a sociopath to some degree.
>>
>>94828912
>>94828831
Morty has done horrible things before and even though he could have helped them he made no effort at all to save his real family from a deadly mutant apocalypse when he stopped back there in the original/Cronenberg'd universe. Why the fuck are you all acting like this is new? He's done horrendous shit for a while.

But Rick is his role model. Plus Christ think of all the shit the kid has seen and been through. You'd be fucked up with no moral compass after all that crap too.
>>
>>94828912
Shhh. /co/ thinks whoever shows up onscreen is immediately supposed to be sympathetic in the eyes of the audience. Don't rock the boat
>>
>>94835696
You'll never know true peace if you continue to act this way. I will pray for your deliverance from the frustration you've chosen.
>>
File: 1501484507572.gif (105KB, 535x363px) Image search: [Google]
1501484507572.gif
105KB, 535x363px
>>94828454
fuck you I laughed
>>
>>94835699
>you need to be a sociopath to some degree.
or capable of distancing yourself from a fictional world like not-a-child
>>
>>94828705
What the fuck does this have to do with the middle east. He literally just showed the exact same situation but with the genders swapped. Are you trying to say that women should be treated better than men just because theyre different
>>
>it's fine for my sister to cheat on her boyfriend by marrying another man while off an adventure, but her boyfriend doesn't get to honestly break up with her before going off with another woman
>>
>>94833870
He sent Jerry to a daycare so he wouldn't get hurt while on his adventure.

He helped Jerry with the dog on Jerry's request.

He took Jerry to a high end space hospital when he got sick due to being a moron.

He gives a slight fuck about him. He just doesn't like that he did to his daughter.
>>
>>94834988
this scene was the one who made laugh so much in this episode. Also the scene where Supernova said she lost her baby because half stars half ants made me laugh even more
>>
>>94835528
>Fuck you I am AMERICA.

I can't tell if this is satire. I feel like youre going to explain to me how Trump is the greatest figure in presidential history since Reagan
>>
>>94829171
I remember one episode where she was pretty chill. I think that was before the world was Cronenberged though.
>>
>>94835554
That's like saying Beth was the source of his problem for giving birth to Summer. Who cares, it wasn't something he was directly responsible for
>>
>>94835856
yeah, didnt rick tell jerry that he knew jerry drugged beth or something? like holy shit
>>
>>94835885
Trumps a retard but you are delusional if you dont think America is built on taking advantage of others.
>>
>>94835897
It's interesting that the characters all seemed a little more functional before the Cronenberg universe jump. I think all of the episodes where Beth and Jerry's marriage doesn't seem completely doomed were pre-Cronenberg. I wonder if that was intentional, or if the characters just naturally developed this way.
>>
>>94819290
>nothin' personel, kid
>>
>>94821913
>>94832855
More like Autistic Personality Disorder
>>
>after a day or so passes, Morty reverts Ethan back to normal
>however, he is only 99% normal
>1% of him is abnormally large
>and that 1% is his dick
>upon noticing this, Morty forces the scared Ethan onto the ground and reverse rapes him, riding his gigantic horsecock against the teen's will
>during this time, Morty taunts Ethan, saying that this is his punishment for hurting Summer and that he's gay for losing his dick virginity to a boy
>Ethan cums inside Morty and the two depart back to their lives, but his enlarged cock has made Ethan very popular with the girls
>however, it seems that Ethan no longer feels pleasure from them anymore
>since his experience his Morty, Ethan has become obsessed with boipucci
Please rate my fanfiction.
>>
>>94835997
Why is Trump a bad person anon? Do you think he takes advantage of people? I thought that was a great thing. He should be praised for his ability to outsmart people. Morality is still for chumps, right?
>>
>>94818602
He was being protective of his sister like any good brother, he just took it a little too far because his life is kind of in shambles and he's become desensitized to brutality and Lovecraftian monstrosities.
I think anybody with a sister they love can understand Morty's actions.
>>
>>94836366
>I think anybody with a sister they love can understand Morty's actions.
Nope. Love my sisters but who they date and who breaks up with them is their choice. Getting broken up with is not justification for violence or in this case ruining their life. I think anyone who knows it's a choice who you date or don't date and has real life experience outside of cartoons and games will agree.
>>
>>94836304
I said he's retarded, not bad. He simply has a low IQ. His campaign exploiting the poor and uneducated was smart, but he had no part at all in that. That was his campaign manager. Him taking advantage of people to further himself isn't an issue. The issue is he is a bad leader.

At the end of the day chum if it comes down to you tricking someone to further your own goals or get what you want that is perfectly fine. If you want to worry about all the little people that is fine too, but don't act all high and mighty because there are some people that will do whatever it takes to get ahead and keep themselves and their families in a secure position. At the end of the day you and those you care about are all that matter. Everything else is hippy garbage spewed by people who have never known anything but privelege.

Morty using Jerry as an excuse to have a normal day was a perfectly fine and acceptable thing to do.
>>
>>94836456
This. I'm not touching that shit with a ten foot pole. The chances are I don't know the full story, and I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate me taking revenge on any ex-boyfriends anyway.
>>
File: 1472057921603.jpg (6KB, 226x250px) Image search: [Google]
1472057921603.jpg
6KB, 226x250px
>seen threads about the wierd Alien worm snake vore
>seen threads about Morty fucking up Ethan for no reason
>nobody has yet to mention that the traumatized alien kid who blew his sisters brains out.

Seriously?
>>
>>94818602
>Morty finally stops being a whiny bastard and starts acting like a man proper.
>"I hate morty now"

Afraid?
>>
>>94818602
That scene was a bit off, but besides that, Easily the best episode of the season so far.
>>
>>94836866
What about it? It was just regular dark humour.
>>
>>94836915
>acting like a man
>taking out his frustrations on an innocent person
>>
File: 1489443570206.png (528KB, 736x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489443570206.png
528KB, 736x720px
>>94836915
>starts acting like a man
>afraid
>Thinks violence against innocent people makes him a man
>Thinks people are afraid of a cartoon character
Interesting
>>
I really liked the episode. I don't think Morty will have Ethan stay in that state indefinitely. Off screen, he'll be changed back to his regular size. I think this is Morty's way of giving Ethan a lesson he'll never forget, which is: Don't fuck with the Sanchez family.

Also, generally speaking, these episodes this season have been hinting towards Morty's latent intelligence and how much he has learned whilst on the adventures with his grandfather. From the onset of the series, Morty was terrible in school and Rick bemoaned that school wasn't a place for 'smart people,' therefore foreshadowing how smart Morty actually is. I don't think he's at the same level of Rick, but he's clearly getting there.

>He can not only disarm a neutrino bomb, he has implied he's done so many times.
>He solved every single puzzle that relied upon a combination of social intelligence and perception.
>The most recent episode showcased that he was able to handle a fairly complex machine and learn it so that he could not only replicate the effects of what his mother did, but also reverse them at any moment's notice. During a car ride, no less.
>His wit has grown exponentially.

We've also seen Morty casually help Rick out with the design and creation of actual devices, so we're seeing the effects of that. Character development, gotta love it.

Overall, probably the best episode of this season. The character development shown here (even with Jerry) is pretty exceptional.
>>
>>94837009
Morty seems to be on the road to becoming like eyepatch Morty.
>>
>>94836931
>>94836931
Aside from the Jellybean rape its probably the darkest the show's ever got

surprised nobody has yet to mention it and instead keeps whining about how Ethan got mutated
>>
>>94837119
Because it was an unfortunate accident, not a conscious decision by a lead character.
>>
>>94819368
You aren't real anon
>>
I wonder if we'll get an episode where one of the kids moves in with Jerry after being sick of Beth's shit. She really has become quite the bitch lately.
>>
>>94836953
>>94836976
>"innocent"
>dumped girlfriend for airhead with disgustingly large knockers
>Leaves him alive but with a bad enough memory not to fuck with him or his family ever again despite how easy it would have been to kill him
>"Violence"
>Increasing size of bodyparts is "violent" now

I can smell your fear
>>
>>94820736
Anyone who doesnt get that Morty and Rick are the same person has not been paying attention. It's a time loop. Rick is just teaching himself what he needs to know in the future.
>>
>>94837119
it's been mentioned several times now
>>
>>94837194
Dumping your girlfriend isn't a crime, especially when she's becoming increasingly mentally unhinged, and married a post apocalyptic barbarian on the side. We don't even know that the girl was an airhead. Maybe she was just nicer than Summer.
>>
>>94837194
>"guilty"
>dumps obviously nuerotic girlfriend who cheated on him repeatedly
>justifies ruining his life because Summer is a strung independent womyn who does no wrong and he technically didn't murder him
>body horror is technically non-violent

I can smell the reddit
>>
>>94837208
Meh, that's sounds a bit cheesy and predictable.
>>
>>94837208
Isn't it established that the one thing Rick doesn't have is the secret of time travel though?
>>
>>94818602
>>94818602
I'm glad they've taken Summer out of the main adventures again, it's nice to have one of the family members be involved once in a while but it's Rick and Morty, not Rick and Summer.
>>
>>94837250
Spoken like someone that dumped their girlfriend that had their shit kicked in by the girl's brother.
>>
>>94837194

You need to be 18 or older to post here.
>>
>>94837271
Man, I am genuinely concerned about the people in this fanbase when people are unironically siding with Morty mutilating a dude over "breaking up" with his sister
>>
>>94837321
I have literally never had a girlfriend.
>>
>>94837271
>>94837336
>reddit
>ur a kid

So quickly? I must have touched a nerve.
>>
>>94837208
that would be retarded
>>
>>94837360
And no wonder. You'd never be able to handle it.
>>
>>94837290
The only episode this season that gave Summer more importance than Morty was the mad max episode.
>>
>>94837385
You don't know me. But you're right. I stay away from that nomie business for a reason.
>>
>>94837359
He's killed a town of aliens for annoying the shit out of him. He tried to kill his grandpa during an adrenaline rush. He became the de facto leader of a tribe of baby eating primitives.

Disfiguring a douchebag who was responsible for ruining his vacation from Rick is letting him off easy.
>>
>>94837361

Sure did. You touched the "I'm tired of underaged kids from reddit posting their chuuni bullshit on 4chan" nerve.
>>
>>94837434
>Straight to the reddit meme
>not even a tumblrfag or -> /trash/ to start
This is too easy. /co/ has truly become one of the easiest to trigger boards.
>>
>be Ethan
>girlfriend starts acting weird and robotic
>break up with her
>meet cool new girl and start going out
>ex shows up with no memory of breakup
>tell her you're with a new girl
>be out camping with new girl
>titans attack
>ex's little turns you into a monster

It's funny because he's so undeserving of it. That's how dark humour works.
>>
>>94837479
/tv/ and /v/ are still easier to trigger.
>>
>>94834988
the type of emotion that's evoked by a scene like this is the only thing i enjoy
>>
>>94837421
Him being a douchebag isn't suprising, everyone on this show is one with the exception of Jerry. People going out of their way to defend Morty for being one and framing it like he was in the right is borderline retarded fanboyism
>>
>>94837479

Yep you got me. Epic troll bro. You should take your epic trolling to the next level and troll reddit. I'm sure they'll give you all kinds of upvotes.
>>
>>94837479
>u mad bro

Wow, way to prove how over the age of 18 you are. Let me upvote your comment
>>
>>94837512
Yeah, I used to read those weird comics too.
>>
>>94837516
There is no right. There's only those who take shit, and those who give shit.

Vagina takes. Jerry takes. After 2 seasons of taking, Morty is growing up. He's finally giving, and it's glorious.
>>
>>94820626
*pulls out katana*
you have dishonored my sister, kid... prepare to pay!
>>
>>94837506
Given the number of (you)s I'm getting for half-assed posts, I'd say it's a close second.
>>
>>94837564
>Morty is still better because he is SAVAGE. Learn how to nihilism bro

Oh no it's retarded
>>
>>94837541
Keep sticking to those guns like a good summerfag. If it didn't hurt my fee fees the first time, it might work the second or third time.
>>
>>94837616
What do you mean dude. My comment was super genuine. We should talk more about this on Reddit where all the real and super mature adults like us go
>>
>>94818602
You die a Morty or live long enough to see yourself become a Rick
>>
>>94837612
>nihilism
>not nerd rage
>not will to power
You may want to actually learn2Nietzche from somewhere besides reddit anon.
>>
>>94837727
Nietzche fucking hated true nihilism anon. Thanks for proving how retarded you are
>>
>we need to have morality debates about the actions of cartoon characters in a comedy doing things which are meant to entertain people
Fucking Christ. I don't remember anyone acting this way about the actions of say, Bender or Professor Farnsworth from Futurama. We just laughed and found their amorality amusing. Which is what I did when I watched this.
>>
>>94837727
Nerd rage is a pretty clear manifestation of slave morality
>>
>>94837794
People didn't defend Bender either. We laughed at him and acknowledged that he was in the wrong. People treat this show like its 2deep4u and that everyones actions are in the right and must be defended and that if you don't agree then you just don't get it man
>>
>>94835943
When the fuck was this? I feel like I would remember something like that.
>>
>>94818875
I mean, I thought they were dating during the Tiny Rick episode. Then again I also thought Summer and Ethan broke up SEASONS ago, so what do I know?
>>
>>94827582
>Finally he deformed Ethan for himself to get back at him for ruining his day.
That's no justification
>>
>rick and morty kill truckloads of people every single episode
>woww badass yeahhh hahahha rock and morty a hundred years
>lame guy gets mutated
>nnNNNOOO MORTYS GONE TOO FAR IS THIS WHAT THE SHOW DEEMS ACCEPTABLE IS THIS WHITE GENOCIDE

you're pathetic to the point of self parody
>>
>>94827720

I think Summer probably isn't completely innocent in the matter. He could have broke up with her becuse she was a shitty person. Or he saw her family being shitty people.

Would you blame someone for wanting to get away from that?
>>
What happened to him, was there something I missed?
>>
>>94838138
Did you forget to watch the after-credits scene?
>>
>>94834988
That guy at the bar is looking at them
>>
>>94838165
Those are a thing?
>>
>>94838180
I mean, it's heavily implied what he does to him even before that. But yes, it's a thing.
>>
File: 1501542038813.jpg (19KB, 495x362px) Image search: [Google]
1501542038813.jpg
19KB, 495x362px
WHEN WE WILL SEE ROBIRDCOP AGAIN
>>
>>94838205
Next season or in a after credits scene
>>
>>94837009
I had a funny thought the other night that Rick is Morty, all ricks were once Morty and they see treating Morty as a bitch as a kind of tough love to make ricks tougher.
>>
File: daria.jpg (39KB, 625x489px) Image search: [Google]
daria.jpg
39KB, 625x489px
I think you're substituting cynicism for a decent story. You hide behind a post-modern facade of sophistication because you really like Back to the Future and you can't admit that, initially, your only idea for a show was a recolored Doc and Marty.

You revel in your own debasement and defend your offensively disgusting concepts and themes with pessimism, accusing those who point out that your show is one long uninterrupted wet fart of creative bankruptcy of being blinded by optimism or social mores, entrenching yourselves in a pillow fort constructed from your own egos.
>>
>>94838260
These daria posts are really shit you should stop
>>
>>94838260

>im a tits man and nobody should ever imply that to be superficial or so help me i will drown the internet with pedantic walls of text

lmao
>>
File: file.png (120KB, 540x733px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
120KB, 540x733px
>>94831567
>>
>>94838276
>>94838316
>words lmao
Next time I'll add burps between every other syllable.
>>
>>94829300

Standing up for your sister is one thing.

Permanently disfiguring someone and ruining their life forever is something else entirely.

Have you no soul, man?
>>
>>94838368

yeah because your shit rants weren't long enough already
>>
>>94838413
Anything to help the mentally challenged.
>>
>>94830000

Yeah. Jerry has his faults. But even at his worst, he doesn't do shit like Rick and now Morty do.
>>
File: 1472033850887.jpg (37KB, 559x404px) Image search: [Google]
1472033850887.jpg
37KB, 559x404px
>>94837497
>It's funny because he's so undeserving of it. That's how dark humour works.

That's not how dark humour works. Dark humour works by a serial killer with the surname of French having his execution in the newspapers under the headline French Fries.
>>
>>94838167
i think it's their dad
>>
>>94838433

cute how a white boy gets riled up about morals only when they involve him being undesirable but never when using ableist slurs classic school shooter move my guy but not surprising 4/10
>>
>>94831894
>Second, the show is meant to be comedic by its nature and tone,

Ruining someone's life forever isn't funny.

>>Maybe stop pretending the two protagonists haven't done much worse

Not an excuse.
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
Post yfw Morty and Rick are slowly switching roles and we'll eventually get a fucked up cynical evil morty and a voice-of-reason good rick who has to stop him
>>
>>94838543
>Ruining someone's life forever isn't funny.

Nah mate, this isn't our world anymore. Zippocat is the highest form of comedy because "lol it's just dark humour, you don't get it. The cat didn't deserve it and that's why it's funny."
>>
>>94833119
>rick caring about his grandson

I guess you missed the first episode this season where Rick literally tols Morty and the one and only reason that he saved Morty and Summer was so he could get in Beth's good graces and wrest control of the family away from Jerry, and because of that Rick expects Morty to do everything he says.
>>
>>94818602
Morty being a total dick wasn't what bothered me.
I think it's totally in character that he would start becoming a little dick- he's becoming a Rick-Jerry hybrid where he's a complete monster who refuses to take responsibility and instead blames everyone else for his shitty behavior.

What I didn't like about this was that it felt like it was supposed to be a gag. Like we were supposed to go 'Ha ha! Yeah that'll teach him for making Summer feel bad!'
>>
>>94838543
>Ruining someone's life forever isn't funny.
It can be in certain contexts especially if said person ISN'T REAL and doesn't actually have a life to ruin. You're not supposed to think:
>how would I feel if this character was me or someone I knew?
That's just over-sensitive bullshit and possibly projection. We laugh at terrible people doing terrible things because it's cathartic, we're not supposed to root for Morty OR condemn him because Rick and Morty isn't a fucking morality play. We're just supposed to laugh.
>>
>>94838760
>it felt like it was supposed to be a gag
where did you get that from? I didn't feel it at all
>>
>>94818875
Gotta have something to get you through the pain.
>>
Tumblr is actually defending Morty and saying Ethan deserved it. I'm not even surprised anymore.
>>
>>94839115
People here defended it too, sometimes I think autistics shouldn't be allowed near fiction because they can't understand that you can enjoy a character while still understanding that they're being a piece of shit
>>
>>94838973
I might be wrong but isn't the stuff that usually happens after the end slates a gag? If it was meant to be a moment of 'wow Morty is getting kind of messed up' they really didn't give the moment any kind of weight. They only showed him for like a second and then 'now look at THIS funny thing!'.
>>
>>94839115
Didn't Summer have sex with Mad Max episode guy while she was seeing Ethan?
>>
>>94839186
And married him, Ethan got cucked.
>>
>>94839186
>>94839198
Jesus Christ are we the only assholes who pay more attention to the show than its autistic fanbase?
>>
>>94829156
Morty isn't as dumb as Rick thinks he is. Remember that it was Morty, not Rick, who figured out the weakness of the mind parasites and saved the planet. Rick was outwitted by the parasites and about to get killed, in fact.
>>
>>94839228
Its not paying more attention, its remembering what happened two episodes ago. Trust me the folks defending Morty either have a hard on for him or a hard on to what happened to Ethan
>>
>>94839228
>part of plot 2 episodes ago
>WOW WHY DO YOU PAY ATTENTION TO STUFF YOU WATCH?!
You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>94827713
This, but we are just now really seeing what makes Morty a horrible person
>>
Anyone have mega's for the last 2 episode?
>>
>>94839384
Well it's the same people that made aged up NSFW Bipper art work and wrote fanfics of him. You tell me.
>>
>>94839264
rick is not going to get tricked by morty, i dont buy it. Thats a totally different situatin
Plus they showed it, its not like morty went hey rick remember that time i saved you from parasites?
seeing something kind of makes it more belivable
>>
>>94839611
It's not too farfetched to imagine Morty faking sadness in order to make Rick do something, really, we have seen how bipolar rick acts regarding whether he cares or not, maybe he just happened to catch him when he was feeling particularly human
>>
File: bottom left.png (728KB, 905x885px) Image search: [Google]
bottom left.png
728KB, 905x885px
Issue 21 of the rick and morty comics features zack
>>
>>94839647
if morty faked sadness rick would make a snarky comment or explain how much it doesnt matter
do you watchthe show?
i know how much he cares, enough to save his life but not enough to get invested in his problems
>>
>>94839885

Rick outright said to Jerry that he was doing Morty the favor because he was worried about Morty's sadness interfering with his work.

Do YOU watch the show?
>>
>>94839921
That and Rick was convinced that Morty thought Jerry was gonna kill himself, he played him good
>>
>>94839921
he never was before
closest he got was rick potion number nine when he half assed a potion to get morty to shut up and get him a screw driver and he caused the end of civilization in the process
do the new writers watch the show?
why do you have to always push me to fight? i was trying to be reasonable, i hate what tumblr has done to this board
>>
>>94840550
>blaming tumblr
He literally said it when explaining why Jerry was on the ship. Go back to posting pickle memes on reddit if you can't be arsed to actually discuss the show.
>>
>>94832988
>teleports behind you
>>
>>94838260
Not gonna lie, I like Rick and Morty and still thought this was a good post
>>
>>94840612
you know how discussion ends?
either both parties agree to a common ground or they agree to disagree
or it turns into a fight
all you want is a fight because your candidate didnt win and your girlfriend has been hanging out with that guy yoou dont like
fuck off
>>
>>94840943
It's not our fault your autistic ass can't picture something that happened off screen, we've already been shown that Rick's willingness to do nice things for Morty fluctuates, and in the last episodes he even admits it himself when he proposes that the answer to the last part of the quiz could be Morty, it's clear that he does care about him and just doesn't show it that often, which still doesn't excuse his actions mind you, but it's undeniable.
Now, if this means that Morty really had to up his game for Rick to go as far as to bring Jerry to an adventure, then good, it means Morty is becoming more astute. Maybe he even faked tears, who knows?
Point is, Rick doesn't expect to be tricked by Morty, so Morty's display of sadness and worry seemed genuine to him.
>>
>>94841059
find someone else to start shit with
i havent been 15 years old for a long time
>>
File: 1447300298656.jpg (92KB, 430x342px) Image search: [Google]
1447300298656.jpg
92KB, 430x342px
>>94839879
>yfw Stamper gets a part on Rick and Morty
>>
>>94833934

Rick doesn't even have moral high ground over Hitler

>>94834391

Why do you care? Feet are gross anyway. Thewre's no logic in getting aroused by that shit
>>
>>94835885
>I feel like youre going to explain to me how Trump is the greatest figure in presidential history since Reagan

Don't need to. It's pretty self evident.
>>
>>94829534
Oh man, thank goodness the renowned hacker and ladies man, 4chan, was here to explain to me the complexity of the female mind.
>>
>>94819370
>Most or all of the following
>Singles out one symptom relating to the current argument
I think you might be retarded Anon. Have a pity (you).
>>
File: feet worship.png (1MB, 997x907px) Image search: [Google]
feet worship.png
1MB, 997x907px
>>94834391
>Feet
>>
>>94835346
He's not wrong though Redgy.
>>
>>94833119
>thats not completely out of character
It's actually not. Even during the first season there were moments where Rick showed genuine love for Morty.
>>
>>94841297
A year isn't that long of time.
>>
>>94843524
Wait so Heaven is real in Rick and Morty which implies people are right about God existing, meaning that they are worshipping something real and tangible with some degree of actual power. But Rick's argument is that a dimension of feet which holds no basis in human culture exists and somehow that disregards the existence of Heaven and Hell both existing?

Ignoring that people worship feet regardless of the knowledge of a feet dimension
>>
>>94818669

It's pretty obvious that Evil Morty is Rick C-137's original Morty, and that Rick C-137 isn't even Rick C-137.

C-137 Beth stated she hasn't seen her father in 20 years in the first episode, and Morty C-137 is only 14. Yet Rick has memories of Morty as a baby.
These numbers don't add up and the only way to explain it (Without it just being a plot hole) is that the original Rick C-137 died a long time ago and the current Rick took his place when it was convenient to do so.
>>
>>94827818
Why does it have to be justified? Maybe I just find flawed characters who do shitty things interesting.
>>
>>94843778

The thing that doesn't make sense about Rick being an atheist is that he KNOWS there is an infinite number of universes into the multiverse that account for any and all possible outcomes. Including an outcome where an all knowing creator God exists and that this same God can transcend the multiverse.

And then there's the fact that Rick ran the literal Devil out of business by fixing curses with science. The only way for Satan to exist is for God to have existed to cast him out of Heaven in the first place.
>>
>>94828831
No he just found a way to skip all the usual bullshit men have to go through to turn a girl on. What he did was literally no different than wearing a nice suit and taking her out to a nice place to eat.
>>
>>94833521
How is he gonna see his own anus?
>>
>>94843828
He technically made himself a God when he created that world to use as a battery. For him to turn around and go "There is no higher being watching over us" is somewhat hypocritical, which I guess Rick tends to be quite often so it makes sense
>>
File: 1494657634775.png (721KB, 830x987px) Image search: [Google]
1494657634775.png
721KB, 830x987px
>>94840943
All this projection holy shit
>>
>>94843828
Rick is an individualist nihilist.

Any for of larger identity than the self is stupid to Rick, because he doesn't want to give up the illusion that he is fully in control. That is also why he drinks, he knows he isn't in control of anything, despite his protestations, so he drinks in order to allow himself to lose control and simply be.

It is also why, when he was facing annihilation, he broke down and offered fealty to any higher power that might be listening. Then immediately resumed his nihilistic ways upon being removed from the danger.

Rick is an absolutely broken man, and the only difference between him and your average broken man is that he has an amazing toybox.
>>
File: leddit.png (27KB, 1210x589px) Image search: [Google]
leddit.png
27KB, 1210x589px
Lol is this the thread about Rick and Morty, my favorite TV show? I love Pickle Rick it's LOL so Randum xDD
>>
For a board that likes to hate on MrEnter, they sure like to act like him sometimes.
>>
>>94845245
In what way?
>>
>>94818865
Rick is 4chan and Morty is reddit!
>>
>>94845315
This thread is proof enough.
>>
>>94846266
Nigger I dont even watch MrEnter, so I am asking in what way they act liker MrEnter
>>
>>94846333
having a cry about a show being mean-spirited
>>
>>94838260
i never liked back to the future, it only used sci-fi as a plot mechanism, not a theme.
R&M would be way better if it stopped trying to be deep, but i like it regardless.
>>
File: IMG_5013.jpg (39KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5013.jpg
39KB, 640x519px
>post yfw since there's infinite universes, all of the vore of them is technically canon
>>
>>94846672

I get the feeling that this is a kind of monkeys paw for tv writers. They always bitch about too much restriction but now that they have more freedom it's literally always about 2deep4u bullshit.
>>
>>94836299

Exceptionally poor
>>
>>94836480
>I said he's retarded, not bad. He simply has a low IQ.

You have official test results? Or you just don't like him personally?

>>His campaign exploiting the poor and uneducated was smart, but he had no part at all in that.

Or he had a campaign that genuinely appealed to good people who want the best for themselves, their children and their country.

>> Him taking advantage of people to further himself isn't an issue.

Except that's not what happened. You're just salty because the corrupt emasculating bint you voted for didnt get in. And there IS documented proof that Hillary was corrupt, It makes sense that you would have a warped, distorted view of reality.
>>The issue is he is a bad leader.

Only according to a media that wanted Hillary to win.

>>>>Morty using Jerry as an excuse to have a normal day was a perfectly fine and acceptable thing to do.

I suppose Id feel the same way too if I was a sociopath
>>
>>94838316

>>3 sentences = a wall of text

If that's a wall of text then your literacy is decidedly poor.
>>
>>94843828
>>94843778
Something to think about

Even if people empirically proved the existence of a soul, there would be people who say it's not a soul, it's just cosmic fungus.
>>
>>94843781
>These numbers don't add up and the only way to explain it (Without it just being a plot hole)

We know Rick can freeze the linear progression of time. And we never saw the world AROUND Rick and Baby Morty in that memory.

With everything we've seen in the show, we cannot rule out the possibility that Rick DID show up after Morty's birth, paused time and spent an unspecified amount of time WITHIN that stasis field with baby Morty. Then he left allowing time to resume it's course.

I'm not really COUNTING on that being the case to be quite honest. But it IS possible
>>
>>94847840
I don't think Trump is dumb or even average, but I have no doubt in my mind that if he ever posted his IQ score it would be way bigger than would be reflective of reality.
>>
>>94847994
If they discovered souls and developed the capability to destroy them people would claim the consciousness lives on somehow after the soul is destroyed.
>>
>>94818940
Many people manipulate others. The other dude that replied sums it up pretty well. Its not healthy for a relationship though. You will eventually get called out for doing it if ur partener has half a brain and realises what your doing. I do it to my boyfriend and he has started calling me out on it. My brother always notices so i try not to pull that shit with him now. Over all manipulating people will only piss them off more when they realize what your doing. Dont do it to people you care about.
>>
>>94843828
eh, you just as easily argue that if there's
>infinite variations of reality, and thus one will spawn an infinite overgod
that there's also
>an infinite variation of reality with a device/being/phenomenon that is the antithesis of a multidimensional overgod and kills/negates him
And honestly, I'd probably call it Rick
It's a fucking pointless thought experiment that boils down to schoolyard superheroes.
>I have ice breath
>I have a heat breath that cancels your ice breath
>my ice breath also shoots adamantium spikes
>my heat breath creates a wind barrier reflecting the spikes back at you
>>
He either dies a Morty or lives long enough to become a Rick.
Your choice.
>>
Anybody got a link to all the episodes? I want to catch up.
>>
>>94849342
http://kimcartoon.me/
>>
>>94819290
woah there edgy boy
>>
File: giphy.gif (449KB, 268x145px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
449KB, 268x145px
>>94827818
I feel like no one is considering this >>94822525 because they're too eager to flip shit about something. It isn't even Ethan's first time getting some weird thing done to his body, and it probably won't be the last. Chill out.
>>
>>94839647
>It's not too farfetched to imagine Morty faking sadness in order to make Rick do something

This is true. Bear in mind that's what Jerry does, and Rick pointed that out.

And Morty is more or less a combination of Rick and Jerry's traits.
>>
>>94819509
>nobody got hurt
several people died as a direct result of rick and jerry fucking off to the immortality den
>>
>>94824355
>>94824395
Have either of you seen the show? It loves to subvert that expectation. Happened before where little details or gags that would be one-off things in any other typical show end up having consequences in the continuity. The show is brilliant that way
>>
>>94847840
Are you aware that "God-Emperor" is a meme? He's not actually a divine being?
>>
this is baby Evil Morty.
>>
>>94828370
Lol fag
>>
>>94850627
cute
>>
>>94818602
Fuck him. Literally, that little faggots is such a try hard when you push him to the edgy.
>>
>>94837548
wh-what weird comics
>>
I for one am looking forward to more of Morty getting tired of Rick's shit.
>>
>>94852730
This, can't wait to see how Morty descends further down this rabbit hole
>>
>>94837289
I thought that was a self-imposed rule because the real-world consequences are completely fucked and basically out of Rick's comfort zone
Thread posts: 502
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.