[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Love is just a chemical reaction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 26

File: Screenshot_2017-08-22-01-17-12-1.png (716KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-22-01-17-12-1.png
716KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>94818212
He's not wrong, he's just an asshole.
>>
>>94818235
fpbp
>>
Love is a chemical reaction, and Rick still couldn't figure out how to make it work.
>>
File: sdfghj.png (697KB, 1161x679px) Image search: [Google]
sdfghj.png
697KB, 1161x679px
>>94818212
Rick though Morty was sad and worried that Jerry was gonna kill himself, Morty not only terribly disfigured that teen boy for the sake of a revenge, he actually manipulated Rick by faking sadness only to avoid going to an adventure with him and make him go away and fuck off for a while.
Morty has no problem faking emotions in order to get what he wants, remember this.
>>
he's a scientist, he's supposed to like chemical reactions
>>
File: sleepyslut.png (218KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sleepyslut.png
218KB, 1200x1200px
Yes! I'm sure that he 100% believes that, even though he was very close to killing himself because he was in love with a omnipotent planet slut. Haha!

It's just like he says that god isn't real, even though he prayed to his when he thought that he was going to die. It's like you guys are fucking stupid or something.
>>
>>94818212
>he thinks love is real

love is just an abstract concept people made up so they feel less shallow about fucking people based almost entirely on physical appearances and losing an interest in them when those looks fade.
>>
File: rita.jpg (119KB, 1071x801px) Image search: [Google]
rita.jpg
119KB, 1071x801px
>>94818212
>mayo on a burger
>>
File: 1472345601656.jpg (126KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1472345601656.jpg
126KB, 480x608px
>>
How do you feel about love, /co/?
>>
>>94818297
Obviously a sandwich. Looks like sliced deli meat, probably roast beef.
>>
>>94818329
It's a delusion that can only be afforded to attractive people. For anyone else, it's self-destructive and will only serve to both shatter your perception of sexual relationships and lead you down a path paved with terrible romantic decisions.
>>
>>94818339
a) burgers are sandwiches
b) even worse
>>
Music is just air pressure
Memories are just synapses
Everything you love is just atoms

It's funny how warped you can view the world when you have control over what "just" means
>>
>>94818252
I think Morty ("The Good Morty") is going to be similar to Eyepatch Morty with one major difference

he'll be manipulative, understand Rick's shit, and not put up with all his shenanigans like other Morty's will.

However he will always care about his family and probably Rick himself (even if he gets him to fuck off for awhile to get some peace for himself).

I liked how he told Beth off that sucking Rick's dick isn't going to keep him around but just push everyone else away
>>
>>94818212
But doesn't that mean love is real?
>>
>>94818384
The difference being that music and memories won't lead me to a messy divorce from a bitch who took half my earnings and all of my youth.
>>
>omg i cannot believe i DISAGREE with this fictional character xD
What are you doing, OP?
>>
>>94818409
His argument wasn't that love isn't real but, rather, that it was fleeting and scientific and not this mystical, all-encompassing thing which would last forever and ever.
>>
>>94818249
GOTDAYUM
>>
>>94818431
science is magic. just two sides of the same coin.
>>
>>94818288
Behold, an actual fedora wearing virgin neckbeard, truly glorious in its natural habitat of shitposting.
>>
>>94818269
only ones that are good for you. Hence why he love alchohol

*buuuurp*
>>
>>94818476
Richards, I swear to FUCKING GOD, if you don't get your stretchy autistic ass out of my sight I am going to give Namor Sue's private phone number.
>>
>>94818495
>maybe if I call him a virgin it'll invalidate his point
>after all, it's impossible for someone to have had sex and be disillusioned with the concept of love
>>
>>94818384
The mathematics of music is actually beautiful when you study it.
brain chemistry is confusing to me, and I know I have problems so I can't comment on this one
Atomic structure are fucking amazing, studying the Shrodinger equation really makes you think of life at another level
>>
>>94818272
wow its almost like he's still a human being and not 100% rational all the time, imagine that
>>
>>94818329
I love big titied 2D brown girls
>>
File: 82944_600.jpg (59KB, 600x407px) Image search: [Google]
82944_600.jpg
59KB, 600x407px
>>94818476
>>
>>94818541
I agree. But it's only possible to say that if there is a concept of beauty that you can find apart from the strictly material.
>>
>>94818288
pseudo intellectual fuck-trash, end your life
>>
File: heartheartheart.jpg (43KB, 179x367px) Image search: [Google]
heartheartheart.jpg
43KB, 179x367px
>>94818212

So is pain.

I can love you or I can hurt you. Which would you prefer?

Both?
>>
>>94818212
Life itself is just a series of chemical reaction so he's not really belittling love by calling it that so what was this retards point?
>>
>>94818578
good response, I can tell you value thought and coherent argument over spontaneous feelings and desperately wanting to believe in what makes you comfortable.
>>
>>94818288
Hands are just an abstract concept people made up so they fell less awkward about using the weird ligaments designed for grasping objects.
>>
>>94818329
it's pretty tight honestly
>>
>>94818212
>Proves that love is not only real chemically, but also can be measured.
>"That's why it's not real, lol!"
People like this should just end their lives. They try way too hard to make themselves look deep and edgy, when in reality they come across as literal retards.
>>
>all these people REEEEing out because they think le science granddad said their feefees aren't real

Rick didn't say love wasn't real. He didn't even say that it was completely pointless or that its being a chemical reaction made it somehow inferior to the various other chemical reactions that form out universe. His sole point was that placing any kind of special, spiritual importance on love was silly and short-sighted because it is ultimately a chemical reaction intended to aid the breeding process and will, therefore, fade over time. His recommendation was to instead focus on science, or the study of the universe, as a pursuit which has more permanent value.

That's it.
>>
File: no rick no.jpg (240KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
no rick no.jpg
240KB, 2048x1152px
>>
>>94818212
Hypocrite that you are, for you trust the chemicals in your brain to tell you they are chemicals. All knowledge is ultimately based on that which we cannot prove. Will you fight? Or will you perish like a dog?
>>
>>94818620
to be fair, thats what both of you are doing.
>>
>>94818719
Someone already posted it >>94818302
>>
>>94818573
there isn't. For example, a person who has read a lot of comics and watch cartoons their example of what a beautiful cartoon/comic is is very different than a person who strictly watched live action or read novels. An understanding of the medium is necessary to understand beauty init
>>
>>94818649
Yeah, a lot of human consciousness is trying to make sense of all the crazy shit happening around us. Why does it only become a point of contention when someone denounces love or god or anything else which makes people feel like there's some inherent purpose to the universe? Why are people so defensive of the idea of their lives having an objective value and purpose that must be rigorously adhered to?
>>
>>94818705
>and will, therefore, fade over time

This is really fucking stupid when you consider you can love your family for the rest of your life and not want to fuck them.
>>
>>94818705
>a pursuit which has more permanent value.
Rick's life is a complete rebuttal of that. He did exactly as you suggested and he's a miserable, misanthropic alcoholic.
>>
>>94818649
>Hands are just an abstract concept
no, they are physical objects, I can MAKE you an abstract concept of a hand, but it is not your hand
>>
>>94818760
Rick was specifically referring to romantic, non-familial love which is pointedly more transitory and fleeting.
>>
>>94818384
Who knew that JUST could have so much power?
>>
>>94818770
He's the miserable, misanthropic alcoholic whose contributions have made a sizeable impact on the world around him. It wasn't a question of happiness but, rather, permanence.
>>
>>94818705
>His sole point was that placing any kind of special, spiritual importance on love was silly and short-sighted because it is ultimately a chemical reaction intended to aid the breeding process and will, therefore, fade over time
>cries like a bitch over losing Unity
Nah Rick was just being an ass again
>>
>>94818806
He's a hypocrite and his argument probably had something to do with his past romantic experiences, but his point was entirely sound and misunderstood by angry /co/ posters.
>>
>>94818212
So is cynicism
>>
>>94818800
He's had a wholly destructive impact, as is the consequence of such a cynical mode of thinking entails.

If Rick really wanted to he could have a hugely positive impact. He's the smartest man in the galaxy, he could be a trillionaire selling his technology, enriching everyone around him. But we saw with his curse-purge store that he doesn't value his accomplishments beyond just to dick with someone.
>>
>>94818516
Thinking sex=love
You sure are the king of retards
>>
>>94818436
New-newfag! We're in the middle of a meeting!
>>
>>94818857
He made an impact nonetheless. Rick's character isn't what's being called into question here. His point was that love isn't this unassailable perfect thing which needs to be treated with sanctity -- it's just a chemical reaction like everything else and it will eventually fade. What about this is incorrect?
>>
After last episode I think Rick legitimately likes/loves Morty Not in the fujo way you fucking faggots.

People always bring up that Rick abandoned all his family that other dimension but that really doesn't he doesn't love Morty and /only/ Morty. Think about it, Jerry is a pathetic fuck, Summer is a disposable teenager and in his eyes, Beth is a selfish cunt that ditched Rick himself for Jerry (considering it has been implied Rick's wife died sometime in the past that probably hurt him). And aside from them there's no one else but Morty.

I think Rick sees in him everything to make him essentially irreplaceable, he's his son, companion, prodigy, friend and even lab-rat for experiments. Ricks are probably very attached to their Morties. They probably can't ditch them just like that.
>>
>>94818864
That's not what I said, but you clearly have some troubles extricating your personal feelings and need to be right from the argument, so whatever.

>>94818890
Rick's sincere love for his grandchildren and possibly even Beth has never really been in question. The main problem is that he fears his emotions and the control they have over him at the best of times and so he hides from them behind a veil of cynicism, snarky remarks and a loner rhetoric.
>>
>>94818384
No shit, look at what JUST did to Brendan Fraser.
>>
File: 482.png (970KB, 713x694px) Image search: [Google]
482.png
970KB, 713x694px
>>94818302
>>
>>94818384
>>94818541
>>94818794
Came here to say this.

The value of a thing is not determined by its composition. Whenever people say that love is just chemicals or music is just sound I must wonder what they THOUGHT these things would be made of.

Rest assured the mind that says such things would still say them if it turned out love was made of pixies.
>>
>>94818883
So is the rest of the physical universe, so what is your point again?
>>
>>94818883
The cunning part is that Rick isn't wrong in the exact wording of what he said. He said at the end you should focus on science, as it a more satisfactory life, like you said. But that part is totally wrong as I pointed out.
>>
love is a verb
>>
>>94818946
His point, as I've already pointed out to you, is that there's nothing in the universe that has a special, spiritual level of importance and that Morty should invest his time in the more meaningful pursuit of science since it has a greater level of permanence than plunging bodily into base instincts.
>>
>>94818918
>andchildren and possibly even Beth
I don't know about that, Rick seems to like Summer sometimes but not as much as Rick, I think it's because Summer is more independent, he probably is so selfish that would rather have person that can be with him at all times (Morty) rather than to share them with others.

As for Beth I don't think he loves her, instead I feel he just uses her because she has the house full of his shit, he never showed signs about caring about her, really.
>>
>>94818975
He didn't really say that it would lead to a more satisfactory life, just that it had more meaning than love in the grand scheme of things which, again, isn't wrong.
>>
File: monsoon.jpg (122KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
monsoon.jpg
122KB, 1920x1080px
>>94818212
Free will is a myth.

Religion is a joke.

We are all pawns controlled by something greater...
>>
>>94819028
It is wrong because, like I said, Rick embodies this idea and he's not leading a meaningful life. He's leading a hedonistic, self destructive life that destroys everything around him. Oh sure, he's got a great understanding of the universe. That he doesn't share. Or use to help anyone other than himself.

The thing is, he could be leading a meaningful life, but he'd have to ditch his cynicism.
>>
>>94819021
In the most recent episode he expresses a kind of outrage towards Jerry for marrying Beth, claiming that she "had options" and could have done much better for herself. Plus you have the Pickle Rick episode where he makes an effort to connect with her after therapy. The main issue is that Rick is used to looking out solely for himself and hardened by both a lifetime of loss and his knowledge of just how insignificant everything is. Sure, he's desensitized and sure he's even callous towards his family at times, but I believe that e does harbour a love for them which he has trouble coming to terms with. Hell, I think he even likes Jerry to an extent, if this episode was any indication.

I agree that Morty bears the brunt of his affection, though.
>>
File: dc talk.gif (147KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
dc talk.gif
147KB, 500x363px
>>94818993
DC Talk Alright!
>>
>>94819092
He himself isn't leading a meaningful life, but science as a field of study is highly meaningful. Rick's hypocrisy isn't relevant, his point was that science is more permanent and meaningful than love and he really isn't wrong about that in a general sense.
>>
File: 543172_1[1].jpg (26KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
543172_1[1].jpg
26KB, 630x630px
>The pessimistic guy said a pessimistic thing.
OOH WEE! THAT'S A GOOD THREAD, OP!
>>
>>94819068
the free will myth completely blows the hole out of some sort of divine plan
>>
>>94819100
lol - u got me

blessed duhbz btw
>>
>>94819117
>Rick's hypocrisy isn't relevant
It is in a work of fiction. That's how the author shows that the character is wrong.
>>
>>94819100
Now that's a band I haven't heard of in a long long time.
>>
>>94819092
Now that I think about it, I think this might be why he hates the Council of Ricks so much. They show him a reflection of what he could accomplish if he gave a damn about anyone other than himself. These guys built a gigantic transdimensional civilization.

Rick hates that because it show that he himself is a failure by comparison, and thus is wrong in his thinking on life. So rather than try to fix himself, he tears down an image of a better life.
>>
>>94819149
That's a pretty shallow way of looking at things, especially in a storytelling format in which you have multiple writers working on a single setting. Just because Rick is shown to be a hypocrite and wrong in many ways does not mean he was wrong in that particular instance. For all you know, that could have been the writer slipping a single kernel of truth into the work using Rick as a mouthpiece. You assume too much. As a simple argument removed from Rick's character, saying science is more important and impactful than love is completely accurate and a worldview which should be supported by anyone who isn't a teenage girl.
>>
Here's a question: why do you people place so much importance on romantic love?
>>
>>94819142
>>94819164
I honestly didn't think there were oldfags enough here to get this.

I really still like Jesus Freak and I am now an athiest
>>
File: 1501757461083.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501757461083.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>94819240
Because romantic love is the closest to our plums and therefore has bias compared to other things like friendship.
>>
>>94819240
cause it's one of the most extreme loves you can feel. You never feel that amount of love for a friend
>>
For a community of supposed cynics and societal outcasts, 4chan sure gets bent out of shape whenever someone besmirches God, love or other such spiritual and intangible concepts.
>>
>>94819218
So if this way of thinking leaves you a miserable alcoholic, it's still right? Well, good for Rick for making the right choice.
>>
>>94819326
Not all scientists are miserable alcoholics, though.
>>
>>94818890
Rick only loves himself, so you're right, since Morties become Ricks
>>
>>94818297

Fuck you, Rita. Mayo on a burger is goddamn amazing.
>>
>>94819313

contrarianism has never been rational
>>
>>94818297
alton brown says fuck you faggot
a bit of mayo on the top bun mixes with the burger juices and creates a great sauce of sorts (cheese goes under the patty)
>>
>>94819313
>>94819384
4chan is not one person, only outsiders see it as such.
>>
>>94818398
It was nice seeing Beth get told off.
>>
>>94819405
4chan is a hive mind though
>>
>>94819405
4chan may not be one person, but it's still inhabited by one type of person mainly.
>>
>>94819007
>"Everything is meaningless"
>Proceeds to give a list of things one should spend their life instead because according to him are more meaningful
>Still unable to see the contradiction
>>
>>94819405
>things newfags say
>>
>>94819440
He didn't say everything is meaningless, just that nothing is super special and most things aren't inherently important. Science is one of the few things which does have an objective meaning and importance and his suggestion was that Morty invest his energy in that instead of chasing around some pretty girl because of a chemical reaction influencing him in the current moment.
>>
File: BEARD.jpg (50KB, 415x415px) Image search: [Google]
BEARD.jpg
50KB, 415x415px
>>94819240
>>94819273
Romantic love is garbage. It's what drives people like Rick to believe as they do. Its temporary and fleeting. You found someone who makes you happy, and you want only for their happiness. But as time wears on, and as the flaws and blemishes and bad habits begin to surface, romantic love fades away. With every white spot in the bathroom mirror, every argument over money, every expression of affection that goes ignored or does not hit its mark, what everyone glorifies as "love"erodes like fine sand.

What both the starstruck lover and the bitter pseudo-intellectual fail to realize though is that what you feel when "falling in love" is not simply confined to those first two or three years. The guitars, the kisses under the moonlight - all those are well and good, but they are mere icing. The real "cake" of love goes much deeper than schmaltzy romance kitsch. It comes from an understanding of how the one you care about receives your love. What makes them feel loved? What assures them that you want for their happiness? One person may feel no love from touching, but when their partner does service for them: the one who loves them is willing to break sweat and sacrifice time, and that means a lot to them. Another may feel nothing about having chores done for them, yet when you touch them, they melt - not just out of some sexual thrill (though that certainly does not disqualify the feeling of love as long as it's not on its own), but because they feel your need to be close to them. Each person feels loved for a different reason. True love comes when you know what makes your partner happy, and when you're willing to give them that every day.

And so what if it's "just a chemical?" Diamonds are just lumps of carbon, but that doesn't make them any less beautiful.
>>
>>94818272
Those moments where he contradicts himself makes him a better character tbqh. I thought you people hated him being a "gary stu"
>>
>>94819505
Thanks for making me feel worse for never having loved or been loved.
>>
>>94819505
that's infatuation, not love, love is self sustaining and with the right combination of people very adaptable while infatuation is the fleeting thing that can be chipped away with small bullshit.
>>
>>94818212
Well no shit, so is every other emotion. How does that invalidate it?
>>
>>94819496
When Rick said "Focus on science" he didn't mean study hard and explore the wonders of the universe and unlock it's secrets. He wanted Morty to be like him. Thats what he always wants. To bring everyone else down to his level. It's why he destroys everything he touches, its why everyone around him grows more miserable by the day.
>>
File: absolutely beautiful.jpg (118KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely beautiful.jpg
118KB, 512x512px
>>94819540
It's never too late anon
Never

Trust me, i'm not special on this site for feeling unloved. We've all been down the ">tfw no gf" road. It's never too late.

>>94819546
Are you talking about the first or second paragraph
>>
>>94818329
if shes not 2D shes not for me
>>
>>94819572
Maybe, maybe not. That's all up to interpretation. I'm dealing strictly in the logic of what he said and his objective argument.
>>
>>94819120
GUNS AREN'T FUN

But wolfing down these painkillers like they're candy is fine.
>>
>>94819585
It's definitely too late for me. I'm too disillusioned with romantic relationships, women and, most importantly, myself by this point. I'm pretty sure I've lost the capacity to feel that kind of love, as if I grew out of being able to delude myself into thinking any relationship is special and meaningful. If you go long enough giving out affection and getting nothing back in return, it seems inevitable that the well of human emotion inside of you will eventually run dry and you simply won't have what it takes to become invested in people the same way again.
>>
>>94819613
In that case your right. Your studies are more important than a fleeting teenage crush.
>>
File: rick and morty brain.png (923KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
rick and morty brain.png
923KB, 857x1202px
I made this for you
>>
>>94819585
I object to the concept of there being a set amount of love that will run out.
>>
>>94819347
I see what you did there but It's too early to call you out on being clever about it
>>
File: 1503324049095.gif (3MB, 256x234px) Image search: [Google]
1503324049095.gif
3MB, 256x234px
Getting kind of sick of Rick being a dick. I don't enjoy watching him be so negative the entire time.
>Oh look it's a chance that he's just being a dick
>Oh wait the joke is that he IS a dick and that he doesn't really care for Morty
>>
File: grim fandango.gif (699KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
grim fandango.gif
699KB, 1280x720px
The person one loves at first is not the person one loves at last, and that love is not an end but a process through which one person attempts to know another.
>>
>>94818552
>wow its almost like he's a fucking hypocrite
fixed
>>
>>94819819
But why follow a process that inevitably ends in disillusionment? Love is based almost entirely in a selfish desire to be completely at peace with another person who gives you a sense of social and emotional validation, and so it becomes inevitable that any romantic relationship ends in love fading as both parties come to grips with the fact that their significant other does not measure up to this ideal image of a partner they constructed in their own minds.
>>
>>94819742
I'm not going to tell you this macro will increase in value, or even hold it's current value. The truth is, you made it because you like them. It has value to you, that's what matters.
>>
>>94819926
Thats true. I made it because I like them. But I shared it because I hope some of you will value it as well. But if not, thats okay.
>>
I just find it weird that Rick talks like a millennial even though he apparently was born during the Great Depression and grew up in the 40s.
>>
>>94819980
Does Rick strike you as the kind of person to cling on to their past memories and traditions and stubbornly oppose change/progress?
>>
>>94819902
I wonder if some people will ever grow out of the 'infatuation=love' phase

How old is the average person here? 30s? If you haven't figured it out by now you aren't ever going to.
>>
File: IMG_1782.png (228KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1782.png
228KB, 512x512px
>only dated two girls in my life
>second one met through /r9k/
>mfw betas on this site whining
I understand the pain but if you're completely unable to find someone to tolerate your presence i think you need to look inward at yourself.
>>
>>94820021
>lol love is too deep and special for you brainlets to understand

okay I guess
>>
>>94819677
Like I said, neither of us are special in that regard.

I too have felt rejection at every turn, and not just with affection but with friendship in general. Sounds like that's where you are right now. Yes, it is true that we should seek to improve and that it can be hard at times, and yes, it is true that not everyone is obligated to like us. We all have our quirks and idiosyncrasies, and some will be bothered more about them than others. Sometimes, it feels like we will never be happy, that other people will always see you as a nuisance or something to avoid. The world is often cruel.

maybe I'm projecting just a little as I list off those troubles, but the end product, regardless of process, is often the same: a miserable person who has felt nothing but pain, and thinks that, no matter what they do or try, that is all they will ever feel. Rejection and pain.

It simply isn't true.
Take a chance.

It is often said that there is no comfort in the growth zone and no growth in the comfort zone, and when you're perpetually miserable, that misery, in a twisted way, becomes your comfort zone. I'm not asking you to magically turn your sad switch off. There is no such thing. Such a request would be presumptuous and apathetic. What I am asking you to do is to try. Be kind to those who have felt nothing but cruelty. Sit by someone who you know is lonely. No, it won't be a magical cure-all: Some people will see your outstretched hand as another attempted slap. Sometimes, people are just snobby, rather than lonely. That's okay. The good - those who appreciate your kindness, will make the bad worth it.

I've learned that sometimes, the best way to relieve emotional fatigue is to help someone who's even more tired.
>>
>>94819810
You're right. You know what would fix his attitude?

AN ENTIRE AFTERNOON AT BLIPS AND CHITZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>94820038
I already know why girls have no interest in me and I don't blame them, but if I were to start making steps towards getting girls to like me I would be living a lie for the sake of validating my own worth through someone else and I'm more comfortable just being alone than doing that.
>>
>>94818288
That's fucking retarded, people first felt it and then they put a name on it. And it's not just about fucking, you can feel love for your family, friends, a pet, etc.
Are you gonna deny sorrow is real as well?
>>
>>94818412
>memories play no role in my brain's current state of mind

Nigga what.
>>
File: Oud-Kerkhof-graves-with-hands.jpg (88KB, 466x626px) Image search: [Google]
Oud-Kerkhof-graves-with-hands.jpg
88KB, 466x626px
>>94819902
Your definition of love seems vastly different from mine. My definition of love can apply to anyone, romantic or not, even love towards something immaterial, like nature or art. So long as you have a passion and a willingness to know more about something, in a way, you love it dearly.

Love can fade, but there are plenty of instances of two people's love outliving even them.

Your definition of love sounds more like a misrepresentation of what my definition of love really is. I agree that the common romantic image of love, that is, love being a state of bliss that relies entirely on holding onto the ideal image of another person, can only end in tragedy when we realize that nothing is permanent. But this is not the only form of love that can exist.

In my opinion, the most pure form of love is not at all romantic love. That's probably the ugliest instance that you can call love. The most pure form of love comes from very long friendships, where neither party expects anything from each other and yet they are willing to give everything to each other. That's what real love is.
>>
>>94820081
If anything over examination of self is what leads to it. the fundamental misunderstanding of life not being a series of gauges that will gradually run empty and dreading the day. For some things like physical strength and mental acumen it is true but for something like love there's no reason why there would be diminished ability for it.
>>
>>94820038
Please tell us about the r9k experience. That seems like the LAST place I'd expect someone to find a relationship.
>>
>>94820083
I don't know, anon. I don't feel passionate about anything anymore. It's like a part of my brain has shut down.
>>
>>94820120
You don't have to become someone else. You are who you are, and you shouldn't change that, but don't settle at "it's just who I am."

Yes, it's who you are, but it's not the best "you" you can be.

>>94820338
That's what depression will do to you
Misery is a nasty trap. It grabs hold of you with iron teeth while telling you that everywhere else, iron teeth will grip and hurt you. Don't listen to it.
>>
File: I ain't even mad.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
I ain't even mad.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
>>94820247
>In my opinion, the most pure form of love is not at all romantic love. That's probably the ugliest instance that you can call love. The most pure form of love comes from very long friendships, where neither party expects anything from each other and yet they are willing to give everything to each other. That's what real love is.

Blows my definition out of the water>>94819505
Perhaps I was better trying to say how to express it. Nail on the head, anon
>>
>>94820120
Im not saying strive for a girlfriend and I'd prefer people be happy with themselves than try to fill the hole with other people. Good on you laddie.
>>94820310
/r9k/ is basically normie central to an extent nowadays. Rather, its basically /soc/ for the autism spectrum mixed with shitposting memes.
Its still ongoing and we're four months in, and shes a half-turk muslim thats unfortunately underaged but a senior in highschool which puts a damper on things but its the midwest
We're doing great thus far but im going on 23 and have BPD so its got all the signs of a rocky but rewarding road ahead.
>>
>>94820120
You would be living a lie if you told yourself that the you now was the best possible you that you could have made in this life.

The answer is always no.

The thing is, you don't have to start making steps towards getting girls to like you. You just have to make steps towards getting you to like you. The girls will come in time.
>>
>>94819843
There is absolutely nothing hypocritical about accepting that love is the result of complex chemical reactions which we should aspire to rise above from and at the same time feeling heartbroken over no gf.
>>
>>94819742
It's literally just fart jokes and the main characters stuttering autistically over each other as something crazy happens.
>>
>>94818212
So...
where the mega to the new ep at?
>>
>>94818649
Ok, that's funny.
>>
File: okay then.png (2MB, 1909x1035px) Image search: [Google]
okay then.png
2MB, 1909x1035px
>>94818235
>>
>>94818212
Is Rick the culmination of the fedora?
>>
>>94818249
Yes he can but it just results in everyone turning into bugpeople afterwards.
>>
File: angry.jpg (68KB, 600x737px) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
68KB, 600x737px
MEGA WHERE????????/
>>
>>94818329
I don't see really anything of myself that anyone could love romantically and my love for family and what few friends I have and the love they have for me is just an exaggeration of social behaviors inherent in the human species. There's no difference between a bear raising its children and a human parent raising its children. Just cause the human can articulate some abstract concepts doesn't eliminate that at the core it's just behavior. There's no shame in being subject to the wills of biological imperatives though, as we are little more than biology. I'm not some edgelord who pretends that its shameful to love or that humans should be above emotions due to "they're just chemicals man."

The love for my waifu though is something that science cannot explain. She's proof that there is a mystic immaterial aspect to the universe.
>>
>>94818562
A man of wisdom.
>>
>>94818760
>Not wanting to fuck your family
>>
File: 1503250486330.jpg (312KB, 928x571px) Image search: [Google]
1503250486330.jpg
312KB, 928x571px
>>94818212
>>
>>94818272
Don't call Star a slut
>>
File: -.jpg (12KB, 394x360px) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
12KB, 394x360px
>>94818329
>>
>>94818329
I think it's necessary to a well-lived life, but so is freedom from the prescribed notions of love. It is not important to have a girlfriend and get married, for instance, but is important to love.
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.