[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adult Swim nostalgia programming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 1
Thread images: 1

File: Adult_Swim_logo_1.png (105KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Adult_Swim_logo_1.png
105KB, 400x300px
Adult Swim would be foolish not to pursue the nostalgia path more seriously like other networks are doing (NickSplat on TeenNick showing old Nick shows and bumpers, currently celebrating the SNICK era). Them doing the throwback night in 2008 didn't work because the cultural climate wasn't right. Toonami's back half of older shows got cut in 2015 because the the first half was such a ratings powerhouse by comparison and that end was dragging in comparison.

Now it's 2017 and Adult Swim's ratings are down about 25% from this time last year and Toonami about 30%, both of which were down about 20% from 2015, which was down 15% from 2014, etc.

Now even Toonami is doing shit in the ratings with its most popular premieres. Frankly, the block isn't going to get better at this point, so we might as well revel in past glories. Because guess what, nostalgia for the late 90s and early 00s is in vogue.

However, the hour block of older AS originals on Sunday nights earlier this year was a disaster because it was lazy and completely half assed, using the worst possible timeslot for those shows to air, used the fucking Brak show as the lead-in, didn't even air the most popular old school original Aqua Teen, and wasn't advertised or promoted in the slightest either in bumps or on social media. At the very least, NickSplat did a good job with getting the word out and spreading hype.

However, I would hope that, especially with the 4 AM weeknight classics block getting phased out in favor of newer live action shows and Adult Swim's online stream shows, that we end up with one dedicated block of comedy classics and one of anime classics, preferably 2 hours each.

No replies in the DB for this post!
Thread posts: 1
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.