[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The double standard of body shaming and cheating on the Rick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

https://youtu.be/lcKEeLIkb3I
>>
I agree but there was no comparison so it wasn't as obvious.
>>
>>94811576
But anon! It empowers females!
>>
Nobody cares about your shit video man.
>>
>>94811648

Its fine for them to be open but why shame ethan if you won't shame summer
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (30KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
30KB, 1280x720px
>>94811665

(you)
>>
>>94811576
Oh wow, yet another young man has worked out that men and women are judged differently

Pity he chose the "i'll publicly whine about it and seal my virgin status forever" route
>>
>>94811689
Because It empowers females!
Don't you realize that it is empowering to hurt a physically stronger oppressor in ways they can't fight back? Women can't fight on equal ground as men, so they fight them and beat in other areas, areas men can't fight back.

This is the only way women can feel stronger than men.
>>
>>94811576
hadnt think of that
>>
There's something I think we also need to remember about this. Who actually remembered Ethan until this episode? No one was thinking about Summer cheating on him in The Mad Max zone because he was such a minor character before. Once we remember him again, he's basically like a new character for the most part, and most people can get into the mindset that he's in the wrong, forgetting about what Summer did.

Plus, since the show only seems to care about continuity sometimes, not every big thing has long term impact, people can put the Mad Max Summer thing in the sort of "episodic", not important part of their mind.

You're right, it's still fucked, but I think those are things we gotta remember.
>>
Oh boy, I sure love how I can no longer talk about cartoons without every discussion being politicised by far-left and far-right faggots who have nothing better to do with their lives than whine about how everything everyone else does is propaganda for their enemies and try and convince everyone to share their own paranoid, blinkered view of the world.
>>
There is a double standard but it's not between men and women, it's between Rick's family and everybody else. Even Jerry occasionally benefits from this.
>>
>>94811576
I thought the obviously unfair treatment women get was part of the joke. like you're not supposed to think the show is praising it, quite the reverse.
>>
>>94812355
unfairly good i mean. just in case that sounded wrong
>>
>>94811971
Right-wing guy, here. You're aware of the phrase "hiding your power level" right? Right-wing folks in urban areas are all used to concealing their opinions among normies. The reason we actively have to hide it rather than just shut up is because our culture is so saturated with lefty talking points that normies just bring them up constantly without being aware that they are engaged in political dialogue. They think they're just being apolitical and "normal."
We have to actively "hide our power level" in that when normies are talking lefty stuff the onus is put on us to keep our opinion about what they're saying to ourselves. Because if we become EQUALLY political people do notice that and resent us for it.

It's kind of like... You ever notice a shitty off-topic thread and no one posts in it that it's shitty and off-topic because the guy posts about it every day? But if you made a new kind of shitty off-topic thread you would get three dozen people replying in it calling you a cunt. They notice yours, they're not habituated to it.
>>
>>94812516
Instead of speaking in vagueries, provide an example of a topic normalfags bring up on the reg.
>>
>>94812617
If you want a concrete list you probably have autism. They're not working from a list of bullet points, it's generally heavily influenced by the news cycle.
A popular one for years now would be talking about Muslims killing a bunch of people but you have to avoid mentioning obvious ways to prevent the Muslims killing people.
Another popular one would be gay marriage.
>>
>>94812617
A good one from a while back was Syrian Boy. You remember that photo of the dead kid on the beach? Your response to that was supposed to be saying how said it was and exclaiming that our leaders must "do something."
(ie. Allow unlimited amounts of migrants into Europe.)

If you pointed out that the photographers actually moved the kid's body to pose him for a propaganda photo to emotionally manipulate people, mostly women that respond much more to images of hurt children - you would seem like a massive prick.
>>
>talking over a video of still images instead of just talking over the still images themselves
Why? Why?
>>
File: summerishot.png (658KB, 693x557px) Image search: [Google]
summerishot.png
658KB, 693x557px
>>94812803
not everyone knows how to computer like you

or

not interested in spending all that work to talk about such a silly topic
>>
>>94811576
It's only wrong when white men do it. Haven't you been reading your copy of "Neo-Feminism 101"?
>>
I don't really care about the plot anymore.

Just going to wait for Harmon to run this show into the ground.
>>
it was just feminist and beta male revenge fantasy
this show is full of that stuff, but this time it was the most blatant and obnoxious because it wasn't really a joke and had no build up. Morty seems like he's doing it less for Summer and more for himself
>>
This episode was just full of fucked up fetishes.
>vore
>breast enlargement
>giantess
>cheating
>rick and jerry rolling around naked together
>drugs

What is this, Totally Spies?
>>
>>94811971
maybe cartoons should stop injecting political agendas into their episodes

>isreal is bad, says the crazy old drunken psychopath
>i am a man but i thought about having a vagoober, LOL IT WAS ONLY ONE TIME OKAY???
>carbon tax
>9/11 was an inside job, says the crazy old drunken psychopath

I should start compiling a list of all the non-sequitur SJW shit being shoved down the audiences throats.

I'm a liberal and I'm tired of this shit.
>>
>>94811856
That's not healthy or empowered, it's toxic and vindictive.

Christ, the whole of America needs therapy. Actual therapy.
>>
>>94811971
>create good show
>nobody cares about its politics
>inject politics into it for no reason
>WOWWWWWWW WHY WONT PEOPLE STOP TALKING ABOUT POLITICS???
>>
>>94814196
>it's toxic and vindictive

Exactly! Empowering!
>>
>>94814137
>I'm a liberal
No, you're not. If you were an actual liberal you would be aware that popular culture is instrumental in shaping regular peoples' world view and that therefore we need to utilize it to get our points across. This is how you win the political battle, by controlling the talking points of popular entertainment. Go read some bell hooks. If anything, RaM isn't nearly injecting enough of our agenda.
>>
>>94815016
>This is how you win the political battle
How the fuck is brainwashing people into agreeing with you related to liberalism?

Fuck off you progressivist cunt
>>
>>94815016
Thank you for laying out your evil plans so clearly.
>>
>>94815066
If you want a liberal society, you need the people of that society to have liberal values. If you want them to have liberal values, you need to teach those values, and in a manner that makes people accept them. Entertainment is THE number one way of reaching people. If people are entertained while being taught your liberal values, they will associate the positive feeling of entertainment with them and be more willing to adopt them. And again, this is basic stuff. Conservatives understand this very well, which is why they always rage and complain when we use entertainment to spread our message (as if they hadn't done the same for decades). If you want to see a more liberal society, there is no way to avoid this road. Teach your values using the most efficient venue, or see them die out.

>>94815091
>evil
Conservashit detected. Liberals will continue to make society a better place for millions of people and you will be left in the dust if you don't like it, asshole.
>>
>>94815281
>If you want a liberal society, you need the people of that society to have liberal values.
Forcing ideas onto people is literally the EXACT OPPOSITE of liberalism, you dense motherfucker

Read a book nigger
>>
>>94815066
People don't come to be free on their own, it must be imposed on them.
>>
File: 1497484689907.jpg (368KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1497484689907.jpg
368KB, 894x894px
>Hey looks like people have different standards for males and female WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK
You have to be 18 to post on this site friendo.
>>
All you self serious faggots constantly self inserting and finding something to be indignant about make me sick.
>>
>>94815281
I really hope you're a parody.
>>
>>94815393
Good. Your distress is our reward and sustain.
>>
>>94815345
>forcing
Oh sure, putting liberal ideas in cartoons is FORCING people to adopt them. You should read a dictionary, retard. States like Iran or China or whatever shithole, those are forcing their ideology. Because you get shot if you don't comply. Conservatives should be fucking glad we're using our power not the same way, because if there was open war in the streets, the left would win. But we don't want war, we just want to be our current society be more liberal. Something has to be done to achieve it. Controlling entertainment is rather benign, don't you think? Oh I forgot. You're not an actual liberal anyway.
>>
File: American-Pride.jpg (131KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
American-Pride.jpg
131KB, 500x333px
>>94815364
>People don't come to be free on their own

Youre right, we have to earn our freedom
>>
>>94815345
Liberalism died with Occupy Wall Street. It doesn't exist any more. It's just a suicide cult of sexual perversion and identity politics now.
>>
>>94815471
>the left would win

Okay, now I know you're shitposting.
>>
File: 175440771.jpg (36KB, 612x545px) Image search: [Google]
175440771.jpg
36KB, 612x545px
>>94815471
>because if there was open war in the streets, the left would win.

>treehugging anti-violence hippy stoner commies that dont even know which bathroom to use
vs
>rednecks with guns and 99% of the US military

Good luck with that
>>
>>94815786
>>94815823
>couple hundred nazis in Charlottesville
>couple thousand liberals countered them
>at the end of it all, people on the fence were more disgusted with the right wing than ever
If you think we aren't far beyond the tipping point already, you're deluding yourself.
>>
>>94815880
If there's one thing the left likes to do, it's go out and protest about thing.

Again, who has the guns? Who has the military?
>>
>>94815016
pretty good false flag, 8/10
>>
>>94812516
Reality got a liberal bias tho.
>>
>>94815925
>who has the guns? Who has the military?
The Government who makes sure both sides are fighting each other enough not to notice them.
>>
File: 1503331647390.jpg (87KB, 539x569px) Image search: [Google]
1503331647390.jpg
87KB, 539x569px
go like the Summer
>>
>>94815880
Neo-Nazis are a very small subset of people on the right

>people on the fence were more disgusted with the right wing than ever
Hahaha you seriously believe this? Normies are fed up with being called sexist, racist, transphobic

They're tired of domestic terrorist groups like BLM and antifa

Keep up your progressive bullshit and you'll turn the population against you
>>
>>94815880
>at the end of it TV news didn't have the balls to tell the truth about hard leftists showing up with baseball bats and homemade hairspray flamethrowers

FTFY

They should've all killed each other and left the people with sense to their own business. And don't think for a second that if a civil war broke out along party lines that Democrats wouldn't be slaughtered en masse. Heavily crowded urban centers with no food and large gang presences will make for war zones, and Republicans won't have to fire a single shot before millions are dead.
>>
File: hc.jpg (15KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
hc.jpg
15KB, 460x259px
>>94815880
Friendly reminder that those liberals and leftists backed a woman that makes Ronald Reagan look like Rosa Parks, and would certainly do it again.
>>
>>94815016
Who could be behind this post?

|
|
>
|
|
|
>>
>>94816158
For one thing, Hillary's victory would have been an important sympolic victory for feminism. It would have signalled that a woman is now able to hold the most powerful office in the country when merely 100 years ago she wouldn't even have been allowed to vote. It would have empowered other women and reduced everyday sexism, directly enhancing quality of life. That alone would have been extremely valuable. Now nobody says Hillary would have been ideal. Warren would have been far better, but she was not available. You have to work with what you have. But Hillary being opportunistic throughout her career had an upside: Chasing the polls, she would have caved to progressive pressure. We certainly would have seen far more liberal policies implemented than under our current bumbling crypto fascist administration. Backing Hillary was perfectly rational and in tune with liberal goals.
>>
>>94815345
Exactly. But if you don't put your ideas in, someone else will come along and put theirs in. And theirs might be worse for society, so it has to be your ideas.
>>
>>94812617
If you don't see the leftist lean that all media and social media has these days, and can't see how Normie's parrot every stupid thing they read on Facebook, then you may well be retarded.
>>
>>94816480
just like having a black president was supposed to end racism??
>>
>>94816543
Obviously it didn't end racism, but it was very much beneficial to black folk. Far more beneficial than a McCain presidency would have been. You could argue Obama was too white which limited his impact, but he was still a net plus overall.
>>
>>94816598
You think he wanted to enact any progressive policies? His goals and those of the Republican party were perfectly aligned. Why the fuck do you think he was so anti-transparency and tried to push through the TPP and constantly drone striked the shit out of every random orphanage in the middle east? Obama, Hillary, and Bush might as well have been the same fucking person.
>>
>>94816598
>Obviously it didn't end racism, but it was very much beneficial to black folk
Are you sure about that?

Racial tensions are at an all time high and BLM sprang up during Obamas presidency

>obama wasnt black enough!!
It's amazing how deluded you are
>>
File: obama.jpg (70KB, 543x415px) Image search: [Google]
obama.jpg
70KB, 543x415px
>>94816688
>obama wasnt black enough
He really wasn't.
>>
>>94813388
Will she keep them?
>>
>>94816688
If you think racial tensions are bad, imagine how bad it would have been under McCain. Besides, black folk feeling empowered enough to stand up for themselves is a good thing. Even a black president couldn't whisk away 200 years of institutional racism overnight. Black folk engaging in activism for their communities is absolutely necessary.

And yes, the son of a white upper crust PhD is hardly the perfect representative for the oppressed African American community. Still miles ahead of the alternatives, but being too white was one of his most obvious flaws.
>>
>>94817022
Obama was a good president because after people with names like "osama" started to get stigmatized shortly after the 9/11 attacks. This would have gotten worse if Obama didn't heal the name by becoming president, saving people with "Ollama" from being jokingly compared to presidents which may have hurt their feelings or kept them from getting a job.

And he was also good because he was the 44th president and I know a lot of people who turned 44 that year and needed some cheering up about their age to keep them from feeling too old.

Obama was a good president
>>
>>94817022
>activism
Is that what we are calling it now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqQXmnMr_w8
>>
>>94817132
I'm not sure what your point is. If you think you're being funny, you're not.

>>94817161
Nice cherry picking. You'll find a couple lunatics in every movement no matter how noble its cause.
>>
File: diddily.jpg (346KB, 1700x956px) Image search: [Google]
diddily.jpg
346KB, 1700x956px
>>94815471
>because if there was open war in the streets, the left would win
>>
>>94811576
redpilled
>>
>>94816480
>Hillary's victory would have been an important sympolic victory for feminism.
Good to hear that Hillary's sole positive attribute is her being born with a vagina.

>Backing Hillary was perfectly rational and in tune with liberal goals.
There's nothing rational about all the mental loops you leftards went through to vote for Hillary. Freakin' Bush is more liberal than Hillary. You are literally electing somebody that liberal doctrine considers evil and repulsive. But because she's a woman, she gets a pass -- just like Trump once said.

>It would have empowered other women and reduced everyday sexism, directly enhancing quality of life.
Life under liberals' and SJWs' ideals are diametrically opposite to anything describable as 'enhancing quality of life', especially since they actually thrive in sexism and slackitivism.

You and your kin are the exact brand of Hillaristic cult freak that gives JFK's "ask what you can do for your country" such a dark interpretation.
>>
>>94812690
You aren't human
>>
>>94814137
>I'm a liberal
And I'm a Chinese jet pilot
>>
File: jesus fucking christ reuters.jpg (75KB, 600x654px) Image search: [Google]
jesus fucking christ reuters.jpg
75KB, 600x654px
>>94812765
>>
>>94817282
The point isn't that hard to figure out, keep reading it very carefully
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.