[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

yo this sucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Spider-Man_Homecoming_poster[1].jpg (175KB, 259x384px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_Homecoming_poster[1].jpg
175KB, 259x384px
yo this sucked
>>
Yo, that's ok because its 1 movie and the franchise wasnt hinging on its success
>>
ok
>>
It was boring until the dad reveal then it became slightly better, but yeah, pretty disappointing
>>
it was not bad but it was not great as well

Is the weakest origin movie of MCU so far.
>>
>>94808252
I thought it was a fun twist on the Spider-Man movie formula to have it set in the MCU, but as we've all seen Spider-Man movies and MCU movies before it's nothing really new in that department.

This is the first time that I really noticed the absence of the Fantastic 4 in the universe, though. Which was also a sort of fascination for me, the whole movie is like a big What If? story.

For instance, Spider-Man #1 was an FF crossover, so Spidey's first movie here is very much part of The Avengers storyline. He makes his own first costumes, but when it comes time to level up, instead of going to Reed Richards and getting an unstable molecule suit, he gets Starktech.

If you watch it as a crossover movie, the parts that seem tacked on, like Avengers references, or Toomes technically being an Iron Man villain instead of a Spider-Man one, feel a lot more welcome.
>>
>>94808666
it wasn't an origin movie.
we didn't see him get his powers.
>>
>>94808796
God I wish Reed could have been the father figure instead of Tony.
>>
>>94809686
But it's interesting as a What If? Unstable Molecule clothes don't tend to have much in the way of tech except being super-durable, which is why it's the go-to material for superhero costumes.

Having a What If story where this very basic element of the 616 doesn't exist provides us with an interesting look at how Spider-Man, the quintessential everyman hero, would be different if he had to rely on technology from a different source, namely Stark. The Spidey suit is full of bells and whistles because its origins are different from the suit we know, and that provides us with an interesting dynamic.

We're always seeing Spider-Man deal with his powers. Whether he's just getting to know them, losing them due to lack of faith, or having them augmented by alien symbiotes. Peter's interaction with tech in the movies has pretty much been limited to webshooter building montages and that door lock from ASM.

So for the whole plot of this movie to be "Spider-Man tries to do a regular Spider-Man story, but being part of a larger mythology presents fresh challenges", while Peter's character arc is literally about overcoming his challenges to become a larger part in this pantheon of heroes, I thought was fresh enough to hold my interest for the whole film.

I like watching a character I know interact with a world I know and for it to bring out new things about both. It reminds me that shared universes can be done well, when they actually explore their setting instead of just pausing an unrelated storyline to be like, "Hey, remember "The Incident"?"
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.