[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oswald The Lucky Rabbit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 20

File: images-4.png (5KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
images-4.png
5KB, 226x223px
Anyone have an Idea how we can pressure Disney into getting Oswald his own show. Or at least have shorts where he is included with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy. There are many things they can do with him. Give him his own shorts, His him his own show in the style of the new Ducktales reboot, include him in the Kingdom Hearts franchise, even have him in existing shows like Mickey and the Roadster Racers. Its bullshit he isn't included in much.
>>
File: IMG_2158.jpg (65KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2158.jpg
65KB, 480x360px
>>94807566
He was in a Mickey short.
>>
>>94807614
That is a start
>>
>>94807614
>your husbando is garbage
>>
>>94807614
Probably the most accurate way to describe Disney's treatment of Oswald.
>>
Why did they bother getting the rights back to him if they aren't using him at all?

I confess to not seeing the original shorts, but is he sort of the OG Mickey: good natured but mischevious?
>>
I know a guy who works for Disney. I don't have any proof that I can post without getting him in trouble so feel free to just not believe me if you don't want to, but I do. During this year's D23, which he didn't attend personally but got live company updates about, he told me that they were giving a lot of attention to Oswald, and while they didn't announce any specific projects for him, they heavily implied that they're finally going to start using him. Take that as you will.
>>
File: Disney-Epic-Mickey_WI.jpg (611KB, 1000x1402px) Image search: [Google]
Disney-Epic-Mickey_WI.jpg
611KB, 1000x1402px
Should I play this? Got it for free with my Wii and it's on the stack.
>>
>>94808793
8/10 I'd give it a shot. Just play with brightness turned up and be mindful of terrible camera controls. Also the new orleons and haunted mansion sections will make you want to kill the camera and final boss is WASTED potential. Good game though, soundtrack is fun
>>
>>94808687
I'll take this with a grain of salt of course but I really this is true. I want him to be a regular character.
>>
File: Oswald_Ortensia_love_artwork.jpg (42KB, 843x960px) Image search: [Google]
Oswald_Ortensia_love_artwork.jpg
42KB, 843x960px
Isn't it weird how Oswald is dating a Cat?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=369ZiUrwQTs
>>
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>94809068
What's wrong with interspecies lovin'?
>>
>>94809625
Nothing, infact I think Ortensia is a cinnamon bun but I'm just surprised
>>
>>94809068
He also fucked that cat
>>
>>94809068
It's cute because
>Oswald the lucky rabbit
>Ortensia the black cat, commonly associated with bad luck in the west, and good luck in Japan
>>
>>94810211
Aww damn that's cute!
>>
>>94810211
>good luck in Japan

Maybe that's why Japan loves them so much
>>
>>
>>94811326

please no. this fucking deviantart meme needs to die.
>>
>>
>>94811366
Would he make a deal with the devil?
>>
Hey hey, come have some fun with Crazy Trolley!
>>
Oswald was bought for the sole reason to hype up Epic Mickey, a game Disney put a lot of backing on the line.

The game itself turned out to be mediocre and since then they flat out stopped caring. I'm more pissed off about how they ended up treating Warren Spector and everyone that worked in the studio.
>Writer wants to make risque game
>Executives don't like this and limit what he can/can't do
>Despite this still market it to be "risque" despite very well micromanaging it not to be at the same time
>Because of this people got upset and reception is lukewarm
>Give them one more shot with a sequel, this time barely marketed at all but still micromanged
>Shut down entire studio right after
The whole thing was sleazy from the start. Oswald not being used was more of a by product of a bunch of shitty things.
>>
>>94811535
it was incredibly disappointing comparing the concept art and the ideas Warren's team had for the game to the playschool babyshit we ended up with.
>>
>>94811535
I don't understand the musical cutscenes if characters are just gonna ignore it and also will they Get Oswald's voice actor yo do more or get a new one
>>
>>94811410

Well he originally was the devil.
>>
>>94811366
I mean, they do have some stuff in common. Bendy is based largely on the Fleischer character Bimbo, who sort of got fazed out as Betty Boop became their more popular character.
>>
File: Bimbo's Initiation (4).jpg (99KB, 993x710px) Image search: [Google]
Bimbo's Initiation (4).jpg
99KB, 993x710px
>>94811813
Wanna be a member?
wanna be a member?
>>
>>94810211
Just imagine if they made shorts centering those two:
>If short is made in the west, there are gags involving Oswald trying to neutralize or save Ortensia from falling pianos, cracks on the floor, spilled salt, or even a doppelgänger that may or may not be there. Ortensia's naivety and sweetness makes her completely oblivious to what's happening in the background.
>If short is made in Japan, both Ortensia and Oswald have extremely good luck, have a few Japanese cultural references here and there (like Ortensia suddenly making a beckoning gesture, or Oswald pounding rice on the moon), that it sometimes involves some people trying to mooch off of them, but all shorts end with a sweet note, as their good luck always comes in time of need.
>>
>>94807566
>Disney finally gets the rights to Oswald
>do NOTHING really cool with him
Seriously.
>>
File: fUCKING WHEN.png (264KB, 1268x713px) Image search: [Google]
fUCKING WHEN.png
264KB, 1268x713px
>>94812976
NEVER EVER
>>
Didn't Iger say at D23 they have something planned for Oswald?
>>
>>94811535
And even so Epic Mickey still managed to feel decent. Epic Mickey 2 somehow felt even MORE micromanaged, draining any bit of charm.

>Locales are worst
>Story is worst
>Ever presentation wise is more boring.

Can't think of another game that feels so much like it was made by only a table filled with suit-wearing execs" that isn't EA.
>>
>>94813096
I know its a bit cliche, but I always wondered why don't they use the opportunity and try to pull a show of mickey and him together.

maybe play up the creation angle of being "brothers" and you could easily make a comedy series out of it.
>>
>>94812889
I'd really like the first one. sounds adoreable.
>>
Why didn't you protect his smile
>>
>>94807566
I absolutely love his design.
>>
>>94813096
>giving them shoes and gloves

I'd rather not, part of their charm is how old timey they look in my opinion
>>
>>94815593
I always imagined their relationship being akin to Donald Duck and Gladstone.
>>
>>94812976
He's like the Princess Daisy of Disney
>>
>>94816083
I'd like Oswald to be Mickey's cooler older brother who's chiller.
>>
>>94817824
I'd like the opposite, Oswald has like 420 sons, I wouldn't see him chill at all
>>
>>94817919
Maybe they're all growed up
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
>>94807566

Disney is absolutely lucky to even have gotten Oswald back when they did. Only a few years later would Universal be bought by Comcast and shove Minions down our throats.

Illumination would have grabbed Oswald and never let go. Hell he probably would have starred in Hop.
>>
>>94809068
he likes pussy, so what?
>>
>>94808793
Is the sequel as bad as everyone says?
>>
ooh boy
>>
Fuck I can think of a short already!
>Mickey's car breaks down and he goes to Oswald's service station to get it fixed because minnie told him to take it to a mechanic instead of fix it himself and he tries to help out Oswald during the repair
>>
>>94808793
>>94818196
I've always wanted to play these, plus that 3DS game they made too.
>>
>>94808330
It was a pride thing if anything. They just want to be able to say they now have that long lost part of Disney that he left behind.

>I confess to not seeing the original shorts, but is he sort of the OG Mickey: good natured but mischevious?

Not really. He just unfortunate and he tried to make the best of any situation he was in.
>>
>>94817824
I'd imagine more like Oswald being the more hot-headed one of the duo.
>>
So Mickey is the good-hearted everyman. Donald is jealous and quick to anger. Goofy is a little dim, but also good-hearted. What's Oswald?
>>
>>94818196
Yes.

I know the first one has issues, but I always imagined it'd could always have its kinks ironed with a sequel. A Crash 1 into Crash 2 situation...

I couldn't believe my eyes that not only the sequel fixed NOTHING of the first game, but added even MORE problems.
>>
>>94821907
Mickey is Hank, Donald is Boomhauer, Goofy is Bill, so Oswalds Dale.
>>
>>94821937
He seems a bit too happy and level-headed to be Dale, but I wouldn't mind at all if they took his character in that direction.

Also how is Donald Boomhauer? You silly cunt
>>
>>94822011
He was gonna be the villain of Epic Mickey at one point, and showed cynical-ism to Mickey for awhile, so it could work with the idea of that's how he just treats life after 80 years of being in purgatory.

>Also how is Donald Boomhauer? You silly cunt
Speech impediment.
>>
File: 1254889675071.jpg (62KB, 787x777px) Image search: [Google]
1254889675071.jpg
62KB, 787x777px
>>94808793
Remember when they announced this game and /co/ and /v/ ran wild with their expectations for Oswald's motivation? Good times.
>>
>>94818196
>>94821928
>Bad Oswald AI
>Writing takes a big nosedive
>The central story thread of "Is the Mad Doctor redeemable" never makes the "Yes" answer feel right, despite all the effort put into animating the "Good Ending"
>Has no ambitions to expand the setting beyond "What parts of Disneyland did we miss last time?"
>No new forgotten/obscure characters, just more of the stock company of animal people and ghosts/pirates.
>A large Pirate level storyline was actually concepted for, but only made it into the final game as a sidequest where you help the pirates get ready to do it themselves.
>Too damn short, with Spector's justification basically being "I'm too old to play long gaems now"

And Epic Mickey 3 was apparently going to go Four Player (with Minnie and Ortensia) and just go "Fuck it, here's some Disney movies that Nomura never got around to doing in Kingdom Hearts" and just give us normal looking Robin Hood and Jungle Book levels.

They had a strong world concept and a good first game, but they just squandered the potential.
>>
Anyone buy the new NEFF Oswald merch?
>>
People should use him as an OC until Disney loses the copyright
>>
>>94822345
>all that edgy concept art
>unironically wanted it that way
Oh well, at least we got Its a Small World
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.