[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/nsensus on these shows?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2309.png (317KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2309.png
317KB, 600x360px
Yes I know /co/ isn't a hive mind, just curious.

Okay so my birthdays coming up soon, I was thinking of doing a binge rewatch of some of my childhood shows. But let's be real, when you're a kid you don't have great taste.

So did any of these shows hold up? If not what do you recommend?

>Angry Beavers
>Animaniacs
>Billy and Mandy
>Dexter's Lab
>Foster's Home
>PPG 1998
>Rocko
>Tiny Toons
>>
Rocko and Animaniacs have aged pretty well. If you weren't around for the jokes in Animaniacs or Tiny Toons, they might not be as good but they're still really quality shows. Really, they all have pretty good longevity. I can't speak for Angry Beavers because I never really watched it back in the day.
>>
>>94798653

Was there a ton of 1980s references in the WB shows? I was born in '94 if that narrows things down.
>>
>>94798514

Shit I forgot to put down the early episodes of FOP.
>>
>>94798997
Not really 80s, but a lot of early 90s. Lile I said, even if you don't get all of them, they're still full of great jokes and the animation really peaked in that era on television. I'd call Animaniacs the top of that list you posted.
>>
>>94799719

Alright, thanks for clarifying. When I think over my head reference I think anything before 1987 or so.
>>
>>94798514
As someone who never had Cable as a kid and is only just now getting around to watching these shows as an adult.

Good
>PPG
>Rocko
>Animaniacs

Okay
>Dexter
>Angry Beavers

Bad
>Billy and Mandy
>Fosters

Haven't seen
>Tiny Toons
>>
>>94800062

> BaM and Foster's

Any particular reasons? Any recommendations?
>>
>>94800354
I didn't particularly find any of the humor in Billy and Mandy funny, which is odd because I'm all about dark humor. I felt Billy was annoying and Mandy boring (she's a one note character, the evil kid I've seen a thousand times before). Overall just not a show for me

Fosters problem was I went into it with insanely high expectations, having just binge watched both PPG and WoY and enjoying them greatly I expected another show on that level and Foster's just wasn't at the same level.
Visually the show is awesome though.

>Any recommendations?
From what I've been watching as an adult no nostalgia attacted
>Ed Edd n Eddy
>Pinky and the Brain
>Chalkzone
>Flapjack
>>
>>94798514
>>Animaniacs
>>PPG 1998
These are the only ones from your list that hold up.
>>
>>94798514
I would watch everything beside tiny toons which now makes me cringe.
>>
>>94800867

I do remember not being crazy about Cheese or Fredfredburger, but I blame that on the network execs not the writers.

>EEnE
Wasn't nuts about it as a kid but seeing as it gets tons of praise I'll give it another shot

>Flapjack
I love the fuck of this show, but it premiered when I was going into high school, not exactly childhood territory. Good choice anon.
>>
>>94800988

Nice dubs man. How dated do you think the other shows are? Or it's just not your sense of humor?

>>94801026

How cringeworthy are we talking here?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.