[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just read Paper Girls...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 34504722.jpg (213KB, 313x475px) Image search: [Google]
34504722.jpg
213KB, 313x475px
So I bought volume 1 of this comic a while ago and got around to reading it. Story was weird but interesting, kind of felt rushed though.

Then I read the other issues on a website...and after issue 15 I gave up on it.

There was some really fucked up shit during the caveman era time, then they spoiled some plot points for future issues and I think Brian just lost me after issue 11.

So yeah I had my hopes up in the beginning and was left disappointed with the recent issues.
>>
Nice blog.
>>
>>94797576
A tripfag with an attitude, good lord
>>
I bought 15 issues of this book and haven't read a single one. What is wrong with me.
>>
>>94797713
Shut up and kys me
>>
I know it's supposed to be like thousands or a million years into the past or future but the idea of 12 year olds giving birth and KJ and Mac being lesbian felt really awkward and fucked up. I mean they're KIDS for christ's sake.
>>
>>94798077
I hope there's a payoff to this.
>>
>>94797545
>So yeah I had my hopes up in the beginning and was left disappointed with the recent issues

This is the exact experience I had with Saga. Completely stopped giving a shit by about the third trade. Really enjoyed the first trade of Paper Girls too and I've been avoiding the rest because I was worried it would go the same way
>>
File: 1493440968305.jpg (294KB, 868x994px) Image search: [Google]
1493440968305.jpg
294KB, 868x994px
>Go to LCS
>ask for my pull box
>first issue of Paper Girls in my pile
>Skim through, my interest isn't piqued
>"What's this? I don't think I asked to have this added."
>"Oh, it's written by Vaughn and you read Saga. We usually add titles to pull boxes for our regulars if we know they follow creators or series most of the time."
>I get their reasoning, that's how I found out about 'The Dying & The Dead,' 'Injection' and a few others
>"Thanks, but I don't think I'll take this for now."
>"Alright, not a problem. Lemme just make a note and put that back on the wall."

At the time I was getting weary of Saga, and another series by Brian K. Vaughn after "We Stand On Guard-bage wasn't the most attractive idea. Did I dodge a bullet? Is there any substance to this series? Or does it start off strong then just slowly die off with each issue?
>>
>>94801922
>Did I dodge a bullet?

I think so, BKV's quality has really gone down in the last years, I hold him to a high standard after Y and Ex Machina. I kept up with Paper Girls until issue #12-ish, and it's never been really excellent. A few issues have shined, and his character work is good enough but the pacing is sloppy. He is also very clearly writing for the trade but even then it's not a satisfying read.
>>
>>94801922

I really enjoyed it, but I read everything that's come out so far in about two sittings. It's written for the trade, a problem he seems to excel at. It's definitely a BKV twisted take on an 80's Amblin kids movie kind of deal. And I like that. There's some things that almost come off as self indulgent hipster, but he usually finds odd ways to turn them on their head just enough to keep it from being really bad in that regard.

These hiatus's are probably going to kill it for me though. When it comes back I'm not going to remember who's who at all.
>>
>>94798077

It was like 15 thousands years ago or something man. The first groups inhabiting North America. That kind of rape gang thing was weird. No society can be built on that. Somebody getting pregnant that young seems to make sense for an incredibly primitive culture. The kids are like 14ish, right? A primitive culture would probably treat it as once a female is capable of bearing a child, it's fine.

And the girls may be only 14ish, but that's young enough to figure out they may have the gay.

So Vaughan may be pushing some things a bit on ages, but nothing so far as to make it seem wrong to me.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.