[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do comic book publishers even bother with print anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: dsc07659.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
dsc07659.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
Why do comic book publishers even bother with print anymore? Are there actually young people in a first world country without access to the internet?
>>
File: 1498760053676.jpg (91KB, 591x705px) Image search: [Google]
1498760053676.jpg
91KB, 591x705px
>>94793393
That's some pleb shit, my man.

Straight up mealy-mouthed degenerate millennial rationalization. You don't have enough passion for comics to try to put together a print collection so you'd rather the medium destroyed.

Fuckin wew.
>>
Digital sales are not even close to print sales.

The publishers are terrified of changing formats at all because the vast majority of their customer base is people who go to comic shops monthly.

That's why they push so hard with graphic novels/trades and various series that don't appeal to comic shop patrons, they're desperately trying to expand their customer base, because comic shops are slowly dying, their customer base is getting older and older, and the market has only seen growth for the first time in decades because of the movies.

If they lose those comic shop customers with their current level of profit, they'd be dead in the water.
>>
>>94793673
If you can't effectively sell something online, you don't deserve to exist as a business.
>>
>>94793473
This. OP is the same kind of babied pleb that wants double page spreads removed from comics because they're hard to read on his tablet

At best I can see floppies getting downsized in years to come if the big two cop onto the trade market, but not complete removal altogether.
>>
>>94793393
I can't be the only person who zooms in on that picture to see if those are any I read and need to get.
>>
>>94793393
People still buy magazines and books, Anon.
The market has shrunk but it's still far from dead.
>>
>>94793744
Sorry, I didn't realize we were dealing with the Supreme Business Overlord, who decides if businesses are allowed to exist or not. Apologies, your majesty.

>>94793841
That picture is from 7 years ago, anon...
>>
>>94793744
>look at me i'm a first year marketing student I know everything about business

>>94793393
>look at me i'm 18 and what are books ewww paper gross !

Off yourselves.
>>
Floppies are cancer and are holding comics back
>>
>>94793473
Its embarrassing how hard you're trying to justify it. Marvel/DC should partner up with Amazon to make their comics available on kindle. Maybe even make a new model that can store quite a bit more comics and better hardware to possibly have gif panels/interactive scenes.

Advance, do not stagnate the industry for the sake of you childish fucking FEE FEES
>>
People like filling their shelves. That's why people still buy physical games.
>>
>>94793744
E-Book sales also barely match Book sales, this is fairly normal. The paper has an effect on the brain which makes it more enjoyable to read.
>>
File: Screenshot_7.jpg (39KB, 329x344px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_7.jpg
39KB, 329x344px
>>94794124
You retarded newfag. Amazon straight up owns digital comic books. They own Comixology and Kindle.
>>
>>94794124
They ARE available on Kindle. Comixology is owned by Amazon you fucking troglodyte.

People. Don't. Buy. Digital. That's all there is to it. And Marvel/DC can't lower the prices for digital because their distributor would throw a fit.
>>
>>94794477
Beat ya to it x
>>
>this entire thread

The future is NOW, old men.
>>
>>94794477
I remember someone legit saying the background costs for digital make it basically the same to produce as physical (ie all the paper quality talk is bullshit, a least for floppies).
>>
>>94794124

A lot of them are already available for Kindle anon.

But I think you underestimate how books are still deeply a part of our culture and are not going away anytime soon. There won't be any "transition" from physical to digital for another 20+ years.

There's just this feeling to the paper format that people are still very attached to.
>>
>>94793744
That's the kind of thinking that's going to fuck our whole system up.
>>
>>94794764
I don't believe that, it sounds like an excuse for why digital comics cost the same without admitting that it's just because of Diamond.

The way this is going to eventually be solved is through subscription services. $10-15 a month lets you read anything from a publisher. It sounds cheap but I guarantee the sheer amount of people buying in would make up for it. Marvel's already doing it somewhat with Marvel Unlimited, they just need to add new releases to it, maybe make a slightly more expensive package for new releases.
>>
>>94795135
It's not like back issues sell a ton digitally either. The price isn't the problem.

People just generally don't want to read and if they do want to read they go for physical trades right now. Digital is already dead because people don't want to pay for shit they don't own.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.