[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dan Slott

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 7grvx8j0.jpg (124KB, 899x713px) Image search: [Google]
7grvx8j0.jpg
124KB, 899x713px
I know here on /co/ we give him a lot of shit for his possesive nature on the web-head, OP here included; but lets look at the good things he did for Spider-Man:

>New Ways To Die: Dark Reign was the last good event at Marvel, plus JRJR's stuff
>Anti-Venom; redeeming Brock in a good light advancing his character
>Big Time; which gave Peter Parker a stable job fitting for him as a scientist
>those few tie in issues with Future Foundation
>Spider-Island: Which marked the return of Kaine and his tenure as our favorite Scarlet Spider
>Superior Spider-Man, one of the best Spider-Man stories in years and a fun take on him (even if other writers did SpOck MUCH better)
>Spider-Verse; writing was terrible but it was such good fun and it brought back Spider-Man Noir
>Not once did Slott ever make Peter Parker "poor" and force him to cliche as a photographer for the Daily Bugle.
>Brought back Ben Reilly (not in the best state, but Peter David is polishing it up)
>Keeps Peter away from Bendis' hands

now we can also argue that he was bad:
>Writing has never been god-tier but it hasnt been bad enough to make me drop it, just the right amount of mediocre
>nearly a decade run on ASM, way too fucking long
>Refuses to keep Peter Parker in a stable relationship with ANYONE
>Has had so many chances for a perfect end to his run, but the man will just not leave
>>
I don't read any Spider-Man but his Thing series, Mighty Avengers, She-Hulk, Ren & Stimpy, Batman Adventures and JLU are genuinely great
>>
>>94788774
>>Spider-Verse; writing was terrible but it was such good fun

Not it wasn't.
>>
>>94788774
>Not once did Slott ever make Peter Parker "poor" and force him to cliche as a photographer for the Daily Bugle.
You mean besides Brand New Day? And the upcoming arc where he lost Parker Industries and will be poor again?

>blindly defending Spider-Verse
Not even once.

All your other notes would have been perfectly possible (and better) under any other writer. Most of those "good things" done for Spider-Man were editorially mandated.
>>
Slott, shouldn't you be lying to people on Twitter?
>>
File: 1503076279065.png (456KB, 498x717px) Image search: [Google]
1503076279065.png
456KB, 498x717px
>>94789035
Alright off you go; back to reading King's Batman

>>94789067
If anything the solicits are implying that Peter is going to buy the Bugle.
I didnt explicitly defend Spider-Verse, I know it was god awful but I liked seeing Spider-Man Noir and 2099 again.

The other notes MAY have happened under any other writer (sans Anti-Venom, that needs Mr. Negative, whos a slott OC), But thats totally ignoring the point of of the OP.

> Most of those "good things" done for Spider-Man were editorially mandated.
But /co/ is making me believe that the editorial is literally the devil.

>>94789102
>people who like someones writing is obviously a shill
Don't you have a DCEU thread to go defend?

>>94788973
His She-Hulk run makes me sad that we'll never get a lawyer comedy book with Shulkie for the next few years.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.