[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"I know privilege when I see it" What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 22

File: 1503216089913.jpg (59KB, 992x514px) Image search: [Google]
1503216089913.jpg
59KB, 992x514px
"I know privilege when I see it"

What did he mean by this?
>>
It means you can't discuss it on /co/ because the cuckolds here have deemed it so you can't discuss it.
>>
>>94781414
danny rich as fuck thanks to his big ft inheritance and has never needed to make money in his life
>>
So how big are the noses behind this show?
>>
>>94781431
You can sometimes see them just out of frame, like a low budget movie boom mic
>>
>>94781414
I literally just searched "mumbo jumbo" into bing news and found this as the first result: https://boston.edgemedianetwork.com/entertainment/culture/219901/six_reasons_gays_are_a_higher_form_of_evolution

Why must my supposed privilege be checked?
>>
>>94781430
I haven't watched the shows but doesn't mean his parents died?
Where's the privilege in that?
>>
>Listen black dude, we need to team up to defeat a multiracial Tibetan ninja cult that has infiltrated into every level of American society as we know it

>Lol no dats racist
>>
You can tell LC show was done by black people. None of this shit in it.
>>
File: Batman.jpg (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Batman.jpg
162KB, 1920x1080px
>>94781452
#icecreamfordinner
#deadparentsprivilege
>>
>"I know a nigger when I see it"
Did Raimi write that?
>>
>>94781414
Means white people are gonna get triggered by facts for the millionth time
>>
>>94781452
That's what makes it so ridiculous.
Ignoring the fact that Danny's inheritance gave him the privilege of being targeted for assassination at the age of nine years old, Luke cage received his superpowers by stealing a car and getting an injection. While Danny got his superpowers by killing a holy dragon in a death match after ten years of brutal trials and intense mental and physical training.
Not even /pol/ but I mad.
>>
He means the color of his skin gives him and him alone the right to evaluate others' lives and use his findings to judge their ideas and contributions
>>
>>94781619
>cage received his superpowers by stealing a car and getting an injection.
While being tested like a lab rat and being the only person to survive said injection. But leave out all the facts because they make your argument weak
>>
He's not talking about race, he's literally referring to the fact that he's a billionaire fighting street-level crime.
>>
>>94781414
It means he resents the upper class. Its called being tsundere
>>
>>94781700
Then why do their huge dicks feel so good wrapped around my pussy lips and help me give birth to healthier babies due to greater gene diversity
>>
Luke identifies with street level people, be they good or bad. Not with Dany the white billionaire. Luke is torn between his people being bad and Dany being right. So he makes an arguement about Dany being stupid that he should fight people of his class and let Luke handle what's his. Luke understands the plight of street level mooks more than Dany ever will, more than Luke will ever understand being a white billionaire is. So in Luke's mind, Dany should quit being a street level puncher and be more like Tony Stark and face the big guys head on because that's what Dany is better off doing with his billion dollars and connections.
>>
>>94781793
Because Jews, and white women because they'll fuck anything, even dogs.
>>
>>94781854
but not you.
>>
>>94781793
I fucking love when Tumblr comes here
Nothing but quality posting, not bait at all
>>
>>94781793
How does a dick wrap around pussy lips? A massive urethra?
>>
I don't have a problem with Luke saying that stupid shit, since as far as he knew it was true.
But after the whole responsible big business and child abuse subplots of Iron Fist, there should have been somebody to call Luke a presumptive asshole.

>>94781712
He was trying to capture his one fucking lead on what would have been his army against the Hand and the Hand's operations in New York. Reminder that the Hand is an interdimensional criminal organization.

>>94781815
>Not with Dany the white billionaire
He was a hobo for an extended period, spent years as a monk, and has basically not lived in a penthouse in over a decade.

Fuck's sake, Luke is a cop from Georgia. Danny probably spent more time living on the mean streets than Luke in the time it took him to reintegrate into society, find a series of fake papers, and get from Tibet to the USA with no fucking money.
>>
>>94781564
>#icecreamfordinner
made me chuckle
>>
>>94781452
>Where's the privilege in that?
Ask Ward
>>
>>94781650
Luke Cage nevertheless received his powers by happenstance after doing hood rat shit.
>>
>>94781414
Danny is a prissy bitch who spent most of his life homeschooled.
>>
>>94781964
If we can ignore Lukes suffering in the process then we can ignore Danny's. Danny inherited a bunch of money for being born white and privileged
>>
>>94781793
Wait... what? This sounds painful. Although the genetic deversity thing is valid.
>>
>watching capeshit
See, this was your first mistake.
>>
>>94781414
I'd understand the muh sjw boogeyman complaint if Luke had actually been right about Danny being 'privileged' but they both learned that one another were good people with individual struggles and became (sort of) friends. I don't know, the interpersonal relationships between characters were pretty lazily written but that's what I could infer. Luke jumped the gun and ended up liking Danny and not thinking of him as some evil rich white guy.
>>
>>94781986
>homeschooled
Nigga the Iron Fist program is public funded yo.
>>
>>94782043
Privilege as a concept is overblown and is only ever used as a social bludgeon to silence people that blacks happen to hate that week.

It means nothing any more.
>>
>>94782034
Doesn't change the fact white people are privileged but it takes less intelegent people to point that out for them
>>
File: 1503211069355.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503211069355.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Begone /pol/
>>
>>94782062
Privilege is a nonsense word. You may as well just say "ooga booga." The only reason it has any social relevance at all is due to white people who mistakenly believe they are personally responsible for their ancestors.

My having a lunchbox that's nicer than yours doesn't mean I'm privileged, Jamal.
>>
>"I think niggers have more privlage than my kind"
The fuck raimi?
>>
>>94782070
story behind this?
>>
>>94782094
These were the terrible Nazis that were being protested in Boston yesterday.
>>
>>94782034
Nobody is arguing the fact Asians are objectively the smartest race out on earth
>>
>>94782119
Goy, I believe you're forgetting the chosen people.
>>
>>94782043
>the interpersonal relationships between characters were pretty lazily written
I don't know if it was being lazy or a big pussy. Nobody said "hey Luke, you just pulled some prejudiced shit right out of your asshole." If you don't have the time to develop subtext then you have to put it right out in front. Because if you don't we get this half ass 'we're cool bro' resolution in the last ten minutes of the last episode.
>>
>>94781414
he has good eyesight
>>
>>94782074
>Its nonsense because I don't want it to me true
Such is the privilege of white people to ignore universal truths. What other words are nonsense senpai?
>>
>>94782094
20 000 came to counter-protest Free Speech rally in Boston believing it was neo-nazi rally. There never was any nazies.
>>
File: 1502866275633.gif (246KB, 250x153px) Image search: [Google]
1502866275633.gif
246KB, 250x153px
>This thread again

Can this board just fucking die already
>>
>>94782149
>There never was any nazies.
So the protest worked.
>>
>>94782149
Everyone in still talking about it as if there was nazies rioting and causing problems.
>>
>>94782143
There are no universal truths, brainlet. Have you ever seen a walking, breathing fact? Privilege is an invented concept, invented by racist black academics to punish whites for perceived slights.

Privilege doesn't explain why Latinos, Whites, and Asians in exactly the same situations as blacks all somehow manage to do better. Privilege doesn't explain how Somalian Americans out earn and out learn their American brothers and sisters.

Someday you'll get it. For now, you'll whine and blame whitey for the weather today.
>>
File: 1380816751594.png (256KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1380816751594.png
256KB, 500x375px
>blacks hate "the man"
>constantly suckle at "the man's" government funded teat
>>
America is in mass hysteria and should be put down.
>>
File: 1503185538837.jpg (380KB, 1242x1606px) Image search: [Google]
1503185538837.jpg
380KB, 1242x1606px
>>94782169
No, those are the "nazies".
>>
>>94781793
>wrapped around my pussy lips
You may need to go to a doctor.
>>
File: first nigger president.jpg (119KB, 984x468px) Image search: [Google]
first nigger president.jpg
119KB, 984x468px
know the difference
>>
>>94782070
>>94782218

Someone please bomb us
>>
>>94781414
>it's a 'bait thread almost doesn't become a bait thread but then does because people are stupid' thread
On the one hand /pol/ getting triggered will never not be funny but on the other hand bait is bait is cancer.
>>
>>94782172
>Picking what truths you believe in to most benefit the perception of your own self
I'm not blaming you for it. I'm just pointing out its wrong. It is indeed true that concepts are created but they almost all require a foundation of truth and facts to be founded upon and grow. You seem to want to ignore any negative connotation about whites in favor of a victim complex. Just because the truth hurts you doesn't mean it's flawed
>>
>>94782218
the internet getting popular ruined us. Social media is fucking terrible.
>>
>>94782001

That doesn't negate the other anon's statements, his powers were gained through no effort on his part while Danny's were.

And Luke's statements explicitly disregard that Danny did earn the power he has now.
>>
>>94782243
it's funny because everything people said about a Black president turned out to be true for Trump

>over-testosteroned
>constantly has to prove himself the alpha
>speaks without thinking
>assaults women
>brings all his family and friends into the govt
and of course
>racist
>>
>>94782149

Nazis are whatever you want them to be.

Like that guy that cut me off in traffic the other day, fucking Nazi.
>>
>>94782243
>>94782319

Tbqh I'm far from a leftist and I didn't mind Obama. In fact I'm glad he was elected, it gives nigs less of an excuse to not succeed.
>>
>>94782344
Okay what about an asian or a native president?

God you nigger cuckolds are pathetic.
>>
>>94782354

What are you on about?
>>
>>94782170
I hate this. It's literally the media whipping everyone into a frenzy and I say this as a democrat but news has stopped being impartial. it's disgusting.
>>
>>94782325
Nazis are people who consolidate power through a combination of blaming society's woes on scapegoat minorities (blacks, jews, gays) and stoking people's fears as a way of motivating the public to support them, by promising to get rid of the undesirables.

Here's a video made back in 1940. Still true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23X14HS4gLk
>>
>>94782354
Just elect that guy who abandoned his family to live with some people and he pretend he's a little girl.
>>
>>94781414
"Luke "Smack a White All Night" Cage
>>
>>94782371
/a/ for president?
>>
>>94782070

what does Monsanto have to do with anything?
>>
>>94782385
Luke "Looking Pale? Bite the rail" Cage
>>
>>94781430
Yeah and he spent most of his life on a mountain halfway around the world.

Fuckin' hell, I've been told it's a privilege to have a car. Bitch I bought that car, I didn't get a white guy discount, I had to save up.
>>
>>94782400
Luke "Stab Whitey, It's alrighty!" Cage
>>
>>94782253
>White victim complex.
>Defend literally every other non-white race from the black insistence that no one else has it as hard as they do.

Brain. Let.
>>
>>94781414
It means Cage had his powers given to him, and Danny had to train and earn his.

That's what it meant right?
>>
>it's a SJW politics gets forced into a show episode
Thanks jews! Really gets my third world brains going
>>
File: privilege.jpg (144KB, 809x960px) Image search: [Google]
privilege.jpg
144KB, 809x960px
>>
>>94782344

I am not American, but I always found it funny how /pol/ hates Obama when he is the only American president in recent memory Israel didnt like.
>>
>>94782436
who the fuck does this?
>>
>>94782446
Women and Pakis.
>>
>Luke Cage Season 1: Luke Cage is a soft spoken black man who believes politeness can go a long way and does his best to clean up Harlem never once blaming The White Man

>Defenders Season 1: Luke Cage goes on a bizarro rant about White Privilege

Prison time really does change a man.
>>
>>94782406
Luke "Wipe out the Europeans, get their fried chikken'" Cage.
>>
File: yes.jpg (29KB, 527x527px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
29KB, 527x527px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUMRg-_DnZg

Boy I'm sipping tea in yo hood
What the fuck is up, you buttercup?
Purrp in that blunt, smoking suicide bloody blunts
Pussy boy you talking shit for Twitter, it ain't adding up
How these pussy niggas moving day to day
I've had enough
Post with that fucking blade, bitch, I'll skin your face
Dick on that fucking gun, I love it when they run
Fuck all that talking shit, do that shit for fun
Fuck 'round with these niggas, aye
Stab a body-fuck do you mean?
Post with that Glock and that beam
Put that shit right in yo' spleen, aye
Run through yo hood, aye
Fuck nigga what's really good, aye
My niggas wish that you would, aye, aye

Bitch, I'm sippin tea in yo hood, what the fuck is up?
Bitch, I'm sippin tea in yo, aye, aye
>>
>>94782436
That artstyle seems familiar. Is that Assigned Male?
>>
>>94782455

That doesn't really rhyme
>>
>>94782469
So modern day rap?
>>
>>94782474

Teehee
>>
>>94782469
Yu-ro-pe-an
Chik-kan

Checks out for me.
>>
File: tumblr_o9wbkhyHne1tm163xo1_1280.png (835KB, 1280x1656px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9wbkhyHne1tm163xo1_1280.png
835KB, 1280x1656px
>>94782466
it is, good eye
>>
>>94782436
I miss the days when this sort of behavior would just cause people to call you an asshole. Now everybody feels the need to find some deep, sociological impetus for every little goddamned thing.
>>
>>94782491

The term "strawman" triggers webcomic "artists" to no end.
>>
>>94782505
>Start to bring up Jews out of nowhere during discussion about how bullshit the concept of privilege is.

Keep your falseflagging elsewhere.
>>
>>94782517
it's a term often used incorrectly. it's not a strawman if it accurately represents the view you're arguing against. it's only a strawman if it's exaggerated to more easily find fault with. The comic is completely correct
>>
>>94782505
jews are easy scapegoats because the christian religion forbade money lending with interest. so jews were the ones who filled that niche, becoming money lenders, bankers, and eventually owners of lots of shit as bankers tend to. Also everyone owed them money, and that made them easy to hate. Blame Jesus.
>>
>>94782279
>no effort on his part
Being the Only lab rat to survive the experiments that KILLED everyone else sure doesn't take effort
>>
>>94782562
>christian religion forbade money lending with interest
Bretty sure italians had banks. Lombardians were jews before the jews. And crusaders started this baking thing in Europe in the first place. Tampliers i believe.
>>
>>94782491
>>94782543

Yeah, I hate to agree with this webcomic artists because his/her/whatever comics never fail to trigger me, but the strawman comic is correct.

Case in point, I believe the guy's statemen in the first panel is true pls don't sned me for reeducation
>>
>>94782569
That sounds like a privilege.
>>
>>94782569

No, it doesn't

I wouldn't claim Deadpool went through any effort to gain his powers in his movie either. If he hadn't been born with the right genes he would have just died.

Luke Cage, likewise, suffered and was given powers as a result. Whereas Danny willingly went through the efforts to earn his power.

>>94782623

It is, all the other subjects weren't born with the right combination of traits that allowed him to survive.
>>
>>94782648
And thus we see the reduction of privilege to what it really is; anyone with luck is privileged, anyone who's white is privileged, anyone who is X is privileged.

It's original sin all over again except at least with original sin, those screaming about it also acknowledged they had it too.
>>
File: ruby and sapphire.gif (1MB, 484x273px) Image search: [Google]
ruby and sapphire.gif
1MB, 484x273px
>>94782616
Instead of reeducation you will suffer the Cheney Curse, your child will be homosexual or trans, forcing you to choose between love and hate

love always wins
>>
>>94782669
Westerners are so weird. It's losers blaming winners for being victors. Yo should be proud of being superior, not apologize.
>>
>>94782690

But I don't hate trannies, I just think they could dress and act in the exact same way as they do without denying the body they were born with.
>>
>>94782669
it's oversimplification to say privilege is about luck, it's about circumstances beyond your control being responsible for some (or all) of your success.

Acknowledging that you had opportunities growing up that others don't have, and that even though your effort may have cultivated those into good results, you can't take credit for having them, is all that it takes. Just admit you had it better than others, due to your race, gender, orientation, or whatever.

That doesn't mean you had it easy. It means you had it easier than others in your position without those advantages.

It's tempting to believe everything good in your life was achieved through your own effort, just as its tempting to believe everything bad in your life is the fault of someone else. Neither is ever true.
>>
>>94781414
This scene was pathetic attempt at agenda pushing.

Danny was born into rich family, but does it matter when his parents died, he lived in harsh monastery for most of his life and had to either die or prevail to get his power?

Cage came more of "fuck whitey" thug here than rational person.
>>
File: 1381204515178.gif (925KB, 212x176px) Image search: [Google]
1381204515178.gif
925KB, 212x176px
>get told I'm privileged because I got to go to Disney Land once when I was a kid
>>
>>94782738
Yes, but using that as leverage to try and shame and guilt people into adhering to an ideology is disgraceful.
>>
>>94782648
>Likewise, suffered and
You contradict yourself rather quick there
>>
Dear lord America sounds like the most insufferable place to live.
>>
>>94782763
shame is a good motivator. Think of all the stupid things you did as a child that you're ashamed of. that feeling is the only reason you don't still do them.
>>
>>94782738

Ultimately though it's a pointless term because like the other guy said, everyone is privileged in some way.

Fuck, African-Americans are privileged because they happen to be born in a first-world country where they don't have to deal with the hellish violence, diseases, and poverty of native Africans.

>>94782768

"Suffering" isn't synonymous with "earning", retard. Luke's powers were a side-effect of his suffering; Danny's are a result of his effort.
>>
>>94782738
priv·i·lege

ˈpriv(ə)lij/

noun

a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.
>>
I genuinely don't understand why superheroes and Harry Potter are so popular with the left.

The first is straight up vigilantism outside of regulations. Hell some great comic books have been written where the state, with all it's regulations and rules, have stood in the way of the good guys doing good things, because the good guys don't have to deal with things politically, they don't have to go through the state, they don't NEED to follow any protocol, or get warrants, they just do what they think is right as a private citizen. This is pretty much the antithesis to the ideals of the modern left.

Then you have Harry Potter, where if you were to replace the word wizard with first world, and muggle with third world, it would read as an allegory for the type of white nationalism on the rise nowadays. They don't want the "muggles" dead, they just want to exist separately to them. I mean sure, they're fighting nazi standins, but they're still fighting to live as what is basically an apartheid nation between wizards and muggles, they're still a group of people with the power to end disease, world hunger, all that bad jazz for the muggle community, but don't because it would entail losing their independence as a community and the less advanced would ask for endless gibs.

I have no idea why right wing ideals are so popular with the left wing.
>>
>>94782805
Wtf i like H. Potter now.
>>
>>94782802
>Luke's powers were a side-effect of his suffering; Danny's are a result of his effort.
Everyone else suffered and the side effect of that was Death. Luke suffered and survived the same thing that actively killed everyone else. That takes effort on his part. To suffer and succeed where others failed
>>
>>94782805
Leftists are idiots that live in the dark of the real world. They'll write anti-gun screeds on their blogs, but then create zombie fiction like The Walking Dead where characters get a good shot at survival thanks to their weaponry.
>>
>>94782034
And whites are being bred out?
>>
>>94782786
Artificially creating shame in order to enforce a specific socio-political order isn't though.
>>
>>94781598
I am not white and I hate how this stupid nonsense is everywhere now. Will you Americans fucking shut up about your white guilt and DIVERSITYâ„¢?
>>
>>94782034
next time you cite statistics on intelligence of sub groups, make sure to point out liberals are generally more intelligent than conservatives.

funny how people tend to leave that out of the rhetoric.
>>
>>94782922
Technically; white populations are declining and aren't breeding at replacement levels.

People laugh at Japan, but at least there's 110 million of them and they're actually breeding at a higher rate than ethnic Germans are.
>>
You know, I'm really fucking glad I'll live to see whites become a minority. I'm so sick of their whining and bitching. You whine more than blacks do and but at least they whine about legit stuff like being harassed by cops. You snowflakes whine about stupid shit like this.

>"Your white skin grants you +1 to all your stats, improves your social standing, and puts the game on easy mode."
>"REEEEEEEEEE WHY DO YOU HATE WHITES! I'LL LYNCH YOU, YOU DIRTY NIGGER!"
>>
>>94782873
>That takes effort on his part
No it does not. He survived because he just happened to have the right set of circumstances to do so. It took no effort on his part, he just sat in a tube filled with chemicals and shit and was lucky enough to survive. He did nothing to make that happen, it just did.
>>
>>94781793
Actually, Black people have higher risks of genetic diseases, specifically things like Colon Cancer.
>>
>>94782964
you can't make problems go away by refusing to talk about them.
>>
>>94782973
Then explain James Woods and his high IQ
>>
>>94782973
Except that merely shows that more people on the left have attended higher education. I'm in a PhD program for History but even doing obscure Carolingian political/legal research, I still get pressure from my colleagues for not being a socio-democrat. If I was more open with my beliefs (just as a classical liberal), I'd probably be pushed out of the department.
>>
>>94781414
Luke is profiling Danny because he's white but it's okay because blacks can't be racist to whites XD
>>
>>94782976
Yeah at least the in the US, whites wont be the majority by 2044 according to recent stats.

Dont know about Europe. Maybe they can fix this if they stop raping the Middle East for oil but that'd make too much sense.
>>
>>94783002
outliers to the trend. you may find a brilliant redneck, but that doesn't change the fact that red states have piss poor test scores compared to blue ones
>>
>>94782990
Except it doesn't. I fucking dare you to say to some poor boy on a Glasgow estate that he's more privileged than everyone else in the world.
>>
>>94783018
>Stop raping the Middle East for Oil.

What are you on about?
>>
>>94782452
Well now, to be fair, Luke never ran into a white billionaire until now. This was a different interaction for him that was never seen on screen.

On top of that, it's not like he was ranting the entire time, that was one scene.
>>
>>94782003
xhe doesn't know about outbreeding
>>
>>94782991
Physical effort is still effort as he still physically suffered and survived while the others clearly didn't put in enough effort and their bodies shut down. Sorry it doesn't make Luke look like he doesn't have a right to talk down to Danny when he clearly does
>>
>>94783032
>On top of that, it's not like he was ranting the entire time, that was one scene.

Hang on, let me write a single scene for a character he says all women are stupid, and it's never brought up again.

I'm sure that'll be fine.
>>
>>94782873

>That takes effort on his part

It takes being born with the traits that allowed him to survive the experimentation. Like Deadpool.

If I were caught up in an experiment where I was injected with superpower serum, and everyone else died, but I survived because it only worked on B- blood types and I was the only example of such in the sample, I wouldn't have earned my power.

I'd have B- Privilege, if you will.
>>
Isn't Rand a Jewish name?

Pretty Anti-Semitic isn't it?
>>
>>94782745
>This scene was pathetic attempt at agenda pushing.

News flash, every piece of media is pushing an agenda, kiddo.
>>
>>94783031
The West's continued presence in the Middle East has always been for oil. If not oil then it's to make some rich fucks more richer because they profit off of conflict. Ask yourself why are we even still over there after all these years?

We turn these countries into shitholes and get mad when their disenfranchised people have no choice to migrate to our countries. Sure fuck the terrorists who kill innocents but I can't blame them for hating us.
>>
>>94783069
Really spins my driedel
>>
>>94783031
I think he's mad the US further fucked the middle East and it spilled over into Europe and the US didn t bother to clean it up. There probably wouldn't be a flood at its current levels of fleeing people if America didnt try to topple all the dictatorships they didnt like without a replacement plan if it failed
>>
>>94783083
Nigga, Muslim countries have ALWAYS been shitholes with a few very rich people on top and literal dirt farmers for the majority.

The point is, The Muslims would happily abuse our systems, why can't we abuse theirs?
>>
>>94781414
"we can't write so let's pander to the monkey noise we get every day in the street"
>>
>>94783056
But saying all women are stupid, isn't the same as saying Danny is a rich white guy disconnected from Harlem's black youth. Which he in fact is. There was substance there.
>>
>>94782973
Which studies are you citing here?
A lot of them use tricky wording like "Hold conservative beliefs" versus "Hold liberal beliefs". Now I don't know if you realise this, but your average black man or Mexican man doesn't hold liberal beliefs, but ethnocentrism is a big part of any dictates they vote left. So they can use this to label a bunch of minorities who vote left every time as "holding conservative beliefs".

Other studies use "Liberals are more educated, on average, therefore smarter". A complete misattribution, as if you look at statistics in the most recent election, Hillary may have got a lot more of the college educated vote, but if you look at votes by income, she falls behind Trump. Going to college to get a worthless degree that doesn't increase your employability with an actual cost of like 60,000 and an opportunity cost of like 100,000 does not make you smart. It means you're an idiot who makes poor financial decisions and get into debt that will fuck you for a decade.

Then there are studies which show that smarter people with proper controls don't actually hold more liberal positions, they just pretend to because you don't go against the church when excommunication is a threat if you have any intelligence. You don't publicly espouse views that will get you fired if you have a head on your shoulders.

And the kicker is, that for liberals to flaunt these studies, they have to recognise that IQ actually means something, which they like to deny when it is brought up in other situations.
>>
>>94783095
Well no, it didn't spill over, we just have Weak globalists wanting to replace the working class with a Muslim base because they're easier to control.

We could easily just stop the immigration.
>>
>>94783056
Nobody said you have to be triggered by it though. You choose to. It doesn't seem to bother me that he pointed it out.
>>
>>94783097
That's not the point and certainly not an excuse for the US still bombing the shit out these countries. Dont complain about how more ragheads are immigrating to your country and tearing up the place if you want to talk about "abusing their systems"
>>
>>94783117

>It doesn't seem to bother me that he pointed it out.

It's easy to be a cuck
>>
>>94781414
It means Marvel has no fucking clue what they're doing by letting a writer have a super hero inject poisonous phallogocentrism into his dialog which has it's undeniable roots in Marxism that historically was used to justify the deaths of tens of millions of people. It's a disgusting and pernicious ideology.
>>
>>94783111
>This is what Conservatives believe
>>
>>94783124
Most of them don't come from the countries in conflict though.
>>
>>94783063
Everyone suffered though so the strain on everyone was the same.
>>
>>94783124
The brainwash is real.
>>
>>94783140
>He thinks I am a conservative

No, it's quite simple really, we just refuse any entry into our countries from any country we wish.
>>
You guys ignoring the fact he has been using his private jet to fly around and that because he's been away from society for so long he doesn't know how normal people actually live? Hell he used his billionaire "power" multiple times in the season. Luke really wasn't entirely wrong.
>>
>>94783148
Liberals don't seem to grasp that a system is the sum of it's parts. They think a country and a culture somehow exists independent of it's countrymen.
>>
>>94783148
>useless wastelands filled with uneducated inbred sociopaths?
Don't talk about Nevada like that.
>>
>>94783178
How dare a person use the shit they have.

Everyone needs to be equal and have a level field just like what Marx tells us.
>>
>>94783141
I dont know what fake news you've been reading but you can easily google the question and it will straight tell you most refugees are coming from Syria, Afghanistan, and Iraq.
>>
>>94783111
Those fleeing weren't the ones funding the opposition to topple the government. Those were ameribucks
>>
>>94783133
>It means Marvel has no fucking clue what they're doing by letting a writer have a super hero inject poisonous phallogocentrism into his dialog

This isn't new though. Marvel has always done this in their comics. Hell, that scene was actually accurate to a Luke and Danny conversation.

One of the main driving points to their friendship was that they were from different worlds and they didn't see eye to eye, but would learn to with time.
>>
>>94783196
We have zero obligation to those fleeing. Especially when it's been proven that those fleeing really feel no iota of gratitude from being accepting into our countries and really just want to make them just as run down, lawless and decrepit as their own.

Immigration is a Privilege.
>>
>>94783148
>"Hey we're going to make these countries unlivable because of oil"
>"W-wait why are they coming over here!? Get back you dirty mudslime!"

So instead of addressing the root of the problem you're going to go with the innefective tactic of REEEEEEing like a retard? What do you gain from defending these wars?
>>
>Being Rich makes me priveledged regardless of how much work was put into being rich in the first place

The only Priveledge is being targeted for being Rich
>>
>>94783162
How's that working out for you then? Easy to propose a plan nobody will go with than actually working to fix the actual problem.
>>
>>94783130
How is not being bothered with someone speaking the truth being a cuck? I'm not raising his children. Or is that just a word white people use when they lose an argument?
>I can't prove you wrong so I wont deny you're right and instead insult you
>>
File: eww.jpg (13KB, 395x300px) Image search: [Google]
eww.jpg
13KB, 395x300px
reminder that the white race will die and will not be missed.

asians are mentally superior. africans are physically superior. there is literally nothing European descendants are good for.
>>
>>94783147
He's brainwashed because he understands refugees to want to live in bombed out shitholes but you're not because /pol/ told you the refugee crisis is some Jewish conspiracy?
>>
>>94782990
Actually black people are genetically stronger. They end up with a +1 to physical stats. Why do you think Majority of football and basketball players are black? That's quite a privilege.
Does that make me upset. Nope. But if you use privilege as an argument then you can't be upset when it's used against you.
>>
>>94783133
>I'm new to Marvel
It's 2017 man, how are you surprised?
>>
>>94783232
so rich people are the real victims in this country. I had no idea they had it so rough.
>>
>>94783249

>there is literally nothing European descendants are good for.

What other race is as or more pathologically altruistic?
>>
>>94783249
hispanics are sexy af
>>
>>94783218
So you expect them to just live in bombed out areas? Thats not a realistic solution and you're doing nothing to fix the problem by thinking that way.
>>
>>94783148
>Break in and make a mess in someone elses house
>Not my fault or obligation to clean it up
>>
>>94783260
I guarantee you if I copied this post and posted it in any other thread, you'd be there with some /pol/ stats to denounce it and prove why whites are stronger.
>>
>>94783296
It's not. You will get arrested for breaking and entering but you will not be made to clean it up.
>>
>>94783260
> That's quite a privilege.

It's really not. the vast majority of blacks will never see any benefit from having stronger bodies, unless they're criminals. being a pro athlete is one in a million.

On the contrary, most whites, if not all, benefit from the institutionalized racism, nepotism, and generational ownership of literally everything
>>
>>94783232
>"S-stop bullying the rich who steal from us every day!"

Why are Conservatives so cucked up to rich people?
>>
>>94783218
You paid some assholes to and also assisted in blowing up their homes. That's on you. They have no obligation to be grateful you did that
>>
>>94783280
>whites
>altruistic
yeah that's why all the whites are poor right? cause they gave all their money to other people.

No wait, they didn't. They actually take other people's shit.
>>
>>94781414
It's funny, typically those who mention white privilege are college students who have just as much privilege, probably even more so, than the people they are berating.
>>
>>94783312
Nice deflection.

Why do Conservacucks support the wars so much?
>>
File: Doha-Qatar-5.jpg (1MB, 4287x2846px) Image search: [Google]
Doha-Qatar-5.jpg
1MB, 4287x2846px
>>94783221
Unlivable? Oil has made societies that have for millenia been nothing more than starving roaming raiders and camel herders into the richest tribes on the planet.

The Sauds were nothing until they had oil. And most of the middle east is run by oil rich tribes. Qatar, Oman, Jordan, the UAE, Saudi Arabia, etc. Only those countries that alligned with the USSR are in the shit thanks to US geopolitics.
>>
>>94783313
>>94782034
>>94783260
>>94782990

Holy fuck, I know the horseshoe theory is kind of a gross oversimplification, but you fuckers are all the same trash. Get your asses out of this board you pieces of human garbage.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>94783291
Most of the refuges came from shitty areas that have nothing to do with the wartorn syria. The reports say it's only 30% at most. so millions of freeloaders merkel just left in. it's hilarious how a fucking vetting process would have lowered the murders and assaults. It's sad she's getting 4 more years germans deserve better than someone who puts people with no desire to change with civilized people.
>>
>>94783346
Look at this DESOLATE wasteland. Totally unliveable, thanks to Europeans and oil.
>>
>>94782990
Motherfucking this. You know that one black guy you knew that ALWAYS had to make something a racial issue and cried about everything being racist? This whole site is filled with the white equivalent who are somehow even worse since at least that black dude cried about some real shit. White people on this site have been bitching about what exactly? Characters being blackwashed in movie and tv adaptations, white privilege being called out, and interracial relationships? That's not shit compared to police harassment, most whites not willing to hire blacks, unfair prison sentences, etc.

>>94783260
That's not even remotely true.
>>
File: 1503101973711.gif (56KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1503101973711.gif
56KB, 500x321px
Every fucking thread.....you people just prove you know very little about fucking comics and just want to discuss politics and be genuinely triggered by SJWs being triggered.

The whole privilege shit is literally a keypoint in Luke's and Danny's relationship. It has been brought up many times and one of their driving character dynamics. Luke being a street tough who fights crimes but sympathizes with Harlems youth and Danny being a rich white boy disconnected from said world is what readers initially loved about the two.

My thing is, this could've been emphasized a lot more than it was.
>>
>>94783364
>police harassment, most whites not willing to hire blacks, unfair prison sentences, etc.

Absolute horseshit. You're a racist scumbag.
>>
>>94783343

There are many types of altruism. And you didn't answer my question.

Out of curiosity, how do you believe ethnic minorities will be treated in the Chinese world of the future, anon?
>>
>>94783344
That makes them intellectually honest. They're privileged but they recognize it and admit it. That was always the point.
>>
>>94783312
>World Police
>Being arrested
You'll be forced to pay for the clean up though since its considered damages
>>
>>94783358
>Most of the refuges came from shitty areas that have nothing to do with the wartorn syria.

Why are you willfully being retarded?

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development-professionals-network/2015/oct/25/six-reasons-why-syrians-are-fleeing-to-europe-in-increasing-numbers
>>
>>94783367
You have no idea what you are talking about it's like you just hopped into the series and not the books.
>>
>>94783386
Exactly. They even take the immunity out of being privileged
>>
>>94783386

Then why are their most common targets whites that are less privileged than themselves?
>>
>>94783346
>>94783361

>Cherrypicks photoshopped images of prosperous cities. That is conveniently not located in Afghanistan, Iraq, or Syria.

At this point I think you're a shill for the government or some company that supports these wars. The delusion is astounding.
>>
>>94782034
Normally, I'd complain of bringing /pol/ out of /pol/. However, I'll make an exception this time, as the anon you were responding to was clearly asking for it.
>>
>>94783358
>The reports say it's only 30%
Post them
>>
>>94783390
>theguardian
okay. Also it doesn't dispute that most of the refuges aren't syrians.
>>
File: pol newfags.png (75KB, 1229x417px) Image search: [Google]
pol newfags.png
75KB, 1229x417px
Friendly reminder.
>>
>>94783408
I disagree with your presumption, but even if it were true, I suspect the least intelligent whites are most susceptible to being racist, and so tend to invoke the ire of the better educated more often.
>>
>>94783425

So what does that behavior solve, exactly?
>>
>>94783420
Why do people keep posting the Granuiad? It's literally a Leftist tabloid.
>>
>>94783358
>>94783420
Nigga, you can't even spell refugees.
>>
>>94783271
>It's 2017 man, how are you surprised?
I'm not. Not even remotely. They've gone full retard with their comics and I knew it was a matter of time before they went full retard with their shows.
>>
>>94783420
http://www.unrefugees.org/2017/02/most-refugees-come-from-three-countries/

https://www.worldvision.org/refugees-news-stories/forced-flee-top-5-countries-refugees

There we go. You wanna know what countries both these articles have in common? Syria and Afghanistan.
>>
>>94783386
>The point
I thought the point was to give blacks a truncheon they could use to bonk people they dislike on the head with.

The point of privilege was always supplication. It's no different than a convent or some religious measure of goodness. Admitting you have privilege is like admitting to original sin. It makes you weaker, lesser, and subservient to the party promising to alleviate it.

It is a nonsense word.
>>
>>94783438
You can't spell nigger right so I guess we're even.
>>
>>94781414
>"I know privilege when I see it"
Probably something about growing up in a monastery and being beaten then killing a literal dragon with your bare hands. You know, the kind of stuff white people take for granted.
>>
>>94783313
But being a pro athlete is 1 in a million for a black man and for a white man it would be 1 in 20 million. Isn't the whole point of privilege saying "You're white; it's easier for you get a job in X or Y due to your race." The difference is I flipped the races and then there's a problem.
Pretty much everyone is racist; just against different races.
>>
>>94783417
>Delusion is outstanding
>Incredibly rich societies refuse to take in fellow Arabs and Muslims despite being more than able to do so.
>So European countries who have had nothing to do with this must deal with economic migrants from Nigeria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, plus genuine refugees from Syria, etc thanks to American geopolitics.
>>
>>94783376
I'm not racist in the fucking least. It's been fucking proven already that police profile blacks way more than they do whites. It's been proven that job applicants with stereotypically black names are way less likely to be called in to job interviews as opposed to those with "generic" "white" names. And if you think blacks don't get more time in prison despite committing the same crimes as white people, then lol.
>>
>>94783502
You're being completely racist. You're textbook racist. You're vile and evil.
>>
>>94783508
Oh, I get it. Sarcasm then, nice.
>>
>>94783437
Because posting links froma right wing site bought out by some company that profits off the wars in the Middle East is the better alternative right?

You people are doing this to yourselves man. You hate refugees and want to get rid of them but will never address the root problem because your corporate overlords told you not to. It's easier to shitpost about how we simply shouldn't let them in and go to white nationalist meetings(which is what they want you to do because it's ineffective).
>>
>>94783502
>that police profile blacks way more than they do whites.
Because blacks commit far more violent crime than whites on average.

>It's been proven that job applicants with stereotypically black names are way less likely to be called in to job interviews
Because blacks are less intelligent and more likely to be uneducated on average.

> And if you think blacks don't get more time in prison despite committing the same crimes as white people, then lol.
They don't.

Was that all or did you have more whining? You're white, right?
>>
File: 2365327.jpg (84KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
2365327.jpg
84KB, 900x900px
>>94782401
>Not getting the White Guy discount
>>
>>94781452
Better than both parents dying and being poor
>>
From seeing how much people hate Iron Fist just for existing, I really hope they do put him with Misty in the end. The tears will be glorious.
>>
>>94783501
>Small city-states can house the millions of refugees as opposed to entire world superpowers

Kek. And you really think European countries aren't collaborating with America on this debacle?
>>
File: 1502255972860.png (368KB, 639x597px) Image search: [Google]
1502255972860.png
368KB, 639x597px
>>94783530
>>
>>94782805
Entertainment doesn't have to perfect reflect political views or King of the Hill would be popular with 50% of the population and South Park would be the most popular show of all time
>>
>>94781414
That it's time for you /tv/ autists to fuck off back to your containment board.
>>
>>94783367
>Danny being a rich white boy disconnected from said world

That's nothing to do with "White Privilege" though. That's because he's been off training in some mountains in the middle of nowhere for years and has returned as a stranger to his own home.
>>
>>94783530
So did you seriously attempt to prove racism against blacks doesn't exist by spouting racist diatribes? Drink some bleach man. You are too stupid to live.
>>
>>94783521
The same corporate overlords who support the mass migration of people?

And way to assign beliefs and values, none of which I hold to me because I disagree with you on this issue. I don't hold any of those view points. I don't hate refugees, I never supported the invasion of Iraq, I'm not a white nationalist, and you're a racist.
>>
>>94783521
>Being anti-immigration means being a white nationalist
What narrow minded thinking. Immigration is fine when restricted and controlled. Europeans have to deal with daily assaults from immigrants who basically leech the system, living in ghettos police refuse to enter and do shit like the cologne mass rapes and child trafficking rings. These people don't want to improve they just want to take advantage of generosity.
>>
>>94783212
Then the character, as written, needs to actually take to heart the writings they say he actually reads like Walter Mosley and Ralph Ellison because that line of belief system is the antithesis of what both of those writers believed and the bond that Luke and Danny exhibited for decades.
>>
>burgers talking about previledge.
>their passport gets them visa free travel to every nice country ever.
God, I hate filling touist visa applications.
>>
>>94783545
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mina,_Saudi_Arabia

That's just a fraction of the Saudi spending.
>>
>>94783560
>Algorithms are unequipped to consciously counteract learned biases.
In other words, the AI picked candidates based on universally favorable qualities.

Did you post that article to disprove my point? Did you think that was going anywhere?
>>
>>94783530
>Because blacks commit far more violent crime than whites on average.
What about how police are far more likely to profile blacks for possession of drugs when its whites who are far more likely to possess drugs than blacks?

>Because blacks are less intelligent and more likely to be uneducated on average.
Blacks are in no way less intelligent than any other race. In any case, it's not just places that require a degree to do this, it's entry-level places too. Not only that, but if a black person is educated, you'd think they'd look at their credentials, but they really don't.

>They don't.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Is this motherfucker serious?
>>
>>94783588
Actually, I posted it to reinforce your point
>>
>>94783590

>Is this motherfucker serious?

No, he isn't. He's been baiting you for this entire thread and you've been feeding him instead of just reporting his initial post and leaving the thread for the janitors.
>>
>>94783590
Because there are more whites than blacks in the US, but a higher percentage hae of blacks are involved in crime than whites.

Look at London; gun crime and knife crime were rising, so the police targeted areas where gun and knife crime were high. The result? A lot of black people were arrested because the gun and knife crime was taking place in these communities and not, say, in Hereford or Winchester. This was seen as racist, so the police stopped. The result? A lot of dead black people being murdered by other black people as gun and knife crime related to gang violence rises.

There is a serious problem here and it won't be addresses as long as you keep screaming 'LAW AND ORDER IS RACIST.'
>>
>>94783587
>Posts a link that literally talks about a stampede that killed thousands because of overcrowding
>>
>>94783590
Dont argue with him. He's retarded.

He's one of those "racism doesn't exist but I'm going to racist anyway" faggots. Save yourself the trouble.
>>
>>94783513
There is no sarcasm. I mean it with every fibre of my soul. You're a racist and society needs to move beyond your evil rhetoric or it will collapse.
>>
>>94783629
Yes, during the Haji in which tens of millions of people have a week to do specific activities.
>>
>>94783654
So you think this wouldn't be a frequent problem if we factored in millions of more people?
>>
>>94783590
>What about how police are far more likely to profile blacks for possession of drugs when its whites who are far more likely to possess drugs than blacks?
Are you claiming that whites aren't arrested for possessing drugs, Jamal?

>Blacks are in no way less intelligent than any other race.
Statistically, no they aren't. But I understand you only look at statistics one-dimensionally, given your comments about drugs, so I'll leave it at that.

>HAHAHAHAHA
The funny thing is you probably think I'm racist despite knowing nothing about the problems facing the black community or the culture and society in which they live.
>>
>>94783502
Well, that's the fault of the stigma associated with black people, which exists because of the way they act and present themselves.

Maybe blame that association on the people making your race look bad.
>>
>what is context
Isn't this supposed to be like when they first met in the comics? Like how Luke doesn't really know who Danny is or what kind of person he is? He's just making assumptions based on what he can see with his eyes, he has no idea that Danny is a fucking orphan who grew up in some magic hidden mountains and was made into a living weapon.

Also privilege isn't a bad thing, it's something we should be proud of having. no one should be made to feel bad for not having a shitty life.
>>
>>94783638
But racism does exist. The only difference is I acknowledge that it exists for everyone, not just members of a certain racial group.

That makes me a Nazi for some reason.
>>
>>94783673
Nobody take the bait.
>>
>>94783673
Well..."statistically". Except kind of not really.

Remember when there was a black guy complaining that having a entrance exam to being a fire fighter was racist, because he couldn't pass?
>>
Is this the most /co/mblr thread?
>>
>inb4 back to >>>/pol/
The idea of privilege is just something black people and other minorities use as an excuse for both their failings in life and as a excuse not to better themselves while instead demanding those they deemed privileged to redistribute those advantages to the non privileged. It's never gonna happen. Human nature and ,indeed, nature in general is about survival of the fittest. At the end of the day, nobody cares that you got called the n word once or that you were born poorer than everyone around you. Yes the system is stacked against you because you started with less but guess what else: nobody cares. Yes the path may be harder but to use that as a pass to demand that others drag you up the hill by doling out handouts is ridiculous. As for this show, I've never seen it but it sounds like Cage is a hood rat that got lucky and got superpowers through the hard work of not dying who is now calling an orphaned guy who dedicated years to achieving his current physical prowess privileged for being rich and white. What the hell does Cage want, a cookie, a reparations check or does he want the guy to buy him a new house with a Mercedes parked in the driveway? Get tf over it and get back to work. The rest of the world, even with racial problems of their own, laugh at the Offendolympics minorities and other 'oppressed' groups seem to hold on a daily basis to see what seemingly innocuous thing can trigger them the hardest.
>>
>>94783708
>remember this anecdote, it completely overturns a statistic.
>>
>>94783706
Statistics don't really prove anything. Yeah, I baited home boy up there. I can show you statistics to support any worldview you can invent.

The point is statistics aren't facts, or even evidence. No shit blacks aren't any dumber than anyone else. Statistics say they are though, because statistics measure raw data. No shit whites aren't arrested for the same crimes. That doesn't equate to "whites are immune." It all depends on how you break down the data.

Simply referring to data as evidence for your racist worldview makes you no better than the Nazis.
>>
>>94781414
>it's shit like this why being black on the internet is a meme
We were put on this earth to suffer
>>
>>94783567
Was Luke coming from the basis of white privilege though?

He pointed out Danny was white, but he also seemed to zero in on the point that Danny was rich and owned a company. His main point wasn't just Danny was white. It was that Danny was rich and demoralizing the street teens Luke swore by Pops to protect. From his perspective Danny is far detached from said kids and won't actually help them, but instead beat the shit out of them and turn them over to the cops.

Which is why he's basically saying "Let me deal with the Harlem youth, you should be worried about your kind. The big suits"
>>
>>94783759

Maybe this scene would have been better if the teen was involved in a lesser crime. Like, say, anything other than dissolving corpses in acid.
>>
>>94782070
Alex Hirsch supports antifa? I thought better of him.
>>
>>94783386
It's not intellectually honest at all because they make no distinction between power and authority when they throw around words like privilege as a pejorative.
>>
File: 1500141221534.jpg (204KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1500141221534.jpg
204KB, 900x900px
>>94781428
>>94782034
>>94781700
>>94782290
>>94782354
>>94782505
>>94783130
>>94783148
>>94783717
>>94783734
>>
>>94783781
>Maybe this scene would have been better if the teen was involved in a lesser crime. Like, say, anything other than dissolving corpses in acid.

The teens were generally doing so because it provided them with a well paying job. It isn't like the teens themselves killed the people. The show does a good job in portraying the teens as simple nobodies trying to get by the best way they can.
>>
>>94783561
But this is not nearly the same as that. In King of the Hill you are observing Hank Hill in his life. In Harry Potter and Superhero flicks there is a clear cut distinction between the good guys and the bad guys. You are not rooting for Hank Hill in KotH, and in many episodes Hank realises that he is the one in the wrong. Your classic good vs bad (I mean one of these is literal heroes versus villains, and the other one the bad guys call themselves death eaters and somesuch) relies on you rooting for the good guys to prevail over evil.
And it's not an imperfect reflection of their political ideals. It's the COMPLETE antithesis of their views repackaged in a different scenario and they go crazy for it. The same ideology who think a person shouldn't legally be allowed to kill a home invader roots for the guy who dresses up as a Bat and beats people up at night based on his personal sense of justice and nothing else. The same pro immigration buffoon looks at a group of people who want to preserve their apartheid pseudo-ethnostate (I'm pretty sure magic is largely genetic in the books too) are the ones the audience is clearly meant to be rooting for. It would be like expecting a person to root for the main character of a story about a vigilante in apartheid South Africa who goes around enforcing justice and trying to maintain the separated state just because "It's fiction it doesn't have to be a reflection of personal ideology". Not in a million years and you know it.
These cunts can't even deal with their main character being slightly problematic in their comic books but they love old Potter, so don't say they consume media independent of their personal morals. Why are these ideals so attractive to them when prepackaged with a barebones disguise?
>>
>>94783820
That's still illegal and in some cases considered an accessory to murder.
>>
>>94783759
>Let me deal with the Harlem youth, you should be worried about your kind. The big suits"
And that's the ultimate irony because just because Danny puts on the suit, has the title, and the money, he's still not one of them because he doesn't reflect their views and corporate culture what so ever and Luke just racially profiled him because it fits the narrative.
>>
>>94782436
sometimes I genuinely find it hard to tell whether comics like this are actually legitimately arguing the point they appear to be making or just designed to make people who argue such points look worse by intentionally presenting a ridiculous scenario. I mean what does being an uncourteous douchebag on the bus have at all to do with the topic of white males being more privileged than others?
>>
>>94783192
Do you know what privilege is you stupid faggot.
>>
>>94783859
Right. Luke knows these kids are in serious danger. He also knows the kids don't know what they're in for.

His plan is to mentor the youth and guide them on the right path. Like his late close friend would've done.
>>
>>94783906
That loses all sense of meaning when you go from petty crimes to felony. This wasn't a victimless crime.
>>
>>94783859
That entire thing was weird to me because at one point it seemed like the hand would've murdered the kid Luke knew if he didnt do as asked. So you have to wonder did they get into it knowing they we're going to be getting rid or bodies at the start?
>>
>>94783900
Something people scream that you have when they're losing the argument.
>>
>>94783928
How can you expect blacks to have basic morals though? That's racist.
>>
>>94783928
>That loses all sense of meaning when you go from petty crimes to felony

Not really. Again, the show paints the kids as good kids just looking to get by. Oblivious to their actions, because they want money.

Luke knows this and instead of tossing them away(Because he is at odds with the prison system) he wants to fix them himself.

>>94783864
That's not racially profiling though. Because Danny is indeed a corporate man. He didn't take a shot in the wild, The Night Nurse had told him EVERYTHING on the car trip to the dojo. Meaning he actually knew Danny was a corporate man. Not like how he thought, but still so.
>>
>>94784033

Wanting expensive new shoes is just trying to get by?
>>
>>94784066
>Wanting expensive new shoes is just trying to get by?

That comes with it. Pay your mom's bills and then buy yourself nice things.
>>
>>94784033
Yeah, just like every smack peddler was tricked into it. When you actively do despicable shit like that you lose sympathy.
>>
>>94784066
Where did you pull this from?
>>
>>94784241
I believe its from the fact that he had a bunch of nice shoes in his run down apartment.
>>
>>94782805
Simply put - stuff like Harry Potter, Star Wars, Hunger Games, etc are entry level nerd shit that casuals can get into easily and all have really blatant good guy/bad guy sides that they can latch onto and integrate into the same tired old talking points:

"Trump is like Hitler" becomes "Trump is like Voldermort"
"Republicans are Nazis" becomes "Republicans are the Empire"
etc

It's the same shit you've been hearing from the Left for decades with a fresh coat of popular media paint on it.
>>
>>94784200
>Yeah, just like every smack peddler was tricked into it. When you actively do despicable shit like that you lose sympathy.

You're arguing a written logic. We're not discussing our view or real world politics. We're discussing a fictional scenario.

The scenario is: A bunch of kids are being manipulated by a fictional cult to do fucked up shit. The kids themselves don't know what they're getting into and most of them show great remorse. Luke Cage, being Harlems hero, sees this and wants to help them his way. Cage doesn't agree with the law enforcement's stance on how to deal with the kids, so he wants to use the Pop's approach, which is to guide them down the right path.
>>
>>94784278
They were literally acid bathing dead people. If you don't know why that's wrong before being caught you are a sociopath. If they were forced into doing it, you could have some fucking angle but this is jut sick.
>>
>>94784315
>They were literally acid bathing dead people.
Yea, I saw the show dude.

>If you don't know why that's wrong before being caught you are a sociopath.

Who the fuck said it's not wrong? Even Luke knows it is wrong, which is why he's trying to help them.

>If they were forced into doing it
The show makes it seem as if they were though. Seeing how the kids are fearful of The Hand. The way it was written, it seems as if many kids take on the gig and somewhere down the line they get too tied up in the criminal world, before they can step away they are killed.
>>
>>94784278
Yes and in that fictional scenario it's still retarded to think that the kids should be absolved of blame and that society should be blamed for their actions which are morally indefensible.
>>
>>94784033
>That's not racially profiling though
That's precisely what it is. Like I said, just because he may know how to run a business, wear a suit, and has money does not reflect who he is as a person. And that person, as he has repeatedly demonstrated, has the little man take precedence before the corporation at every opportunity it has presented itself. His public appearance should reflect that since he made news about shutting down the power plants that caused the deaths of 15 people without firing anyone and selling a drug at cost instead of marking up the price for a profit for instance.
>>
>>94784412
>it's still retarded to think that the kids should be absolved of blame and that society should be blamed for their actions which are morally indefensible.

Who is blaming society? All blame fall upon The Hand. No one in the show ONCE blames society for their actions.
>>
>>94784389
Because excusing people from crimes because "They're good kids" is bullshit.

If they were good kids, they wouldn't be dunking corpses for evil ninjas
>>
>>94784458
>All blame fall upon The Hand
Who is part of society dumbass.

And that's it. You just said it. You said all blame is on the hand and thus absolved them of any responsibility for their morally abhorrent actions. A retarded worldview.
>>
>>94784448
>That's precisely what it is.
It's not. It was a logical assumption. Danny is a suit. Luke's point was, he is far removed from the kids he seeks to help, THEREFORE Danny should deal with the criminals in his world, while Luke deals with the Harlem criminals.
>>
>>94784536
That statement basically says that multiculturalism is an impossibility.
>>
>>94784536
>it was a logical assumption
and that's precisely what profiling is
>>
>>94783272
>>94783316

>Work hard to earn my worth

>Get wealthy but have to work to make sure I keep it

>All these low class fags complaining because they don't want to work and shoving blame into us

Fuck you
>>
>>94784487
>Who is part of society dumbass.
The Hand is it's own society. The Hand doesn't follow the laws of Harlem, Hell Kitchen, or New York.

Fact is, The Hand is playing a large role in the demise of the kids of Harlem. The kid Luke is trying to help seems to be very shook of The Hand's grasp of his life and his fate. While his actions are fucked up, they seem to be primarily fear based.

They shouldn't be absolved of their actions, however Luke does believe they deserve a redemption.
>>
>>94783316
>who steal from us
How?
It's a voluntary system. If people stopped paying for what they do, they wouldn't survive.
>>
>>94784585
>That statement basically says that multiculturalism is an impossibility.

No. In the case of fighting crime, Luke thinks he knows what's best for Harlem's youth.
>>
>>94784674
>No. In the case of fighting crime, Luke thinks he knows what's best for Harlem's youth.
Because he's culturally closer to the youth.
Because the dissimilar culture between Danny and the kids causes a social disconnect.
You JUST said that was the reason. Your only response to it was "no".
>>
>>94784707
>Because he's culturally closer to the youth.
Exactly, but Luke isn't saying Danny can't learn to love the kids of Harlem, he's just saying Danny doesn't understand the kids situation at this moment. Which is true.
>>
>>94784775
That changes literally nothing about what you said, and what it implied.
>>
>>94784775
Actually, on the inverse, It's because of his connection to the Kids of Harlem Luke is wrong on all accounts.

You don't excuse criminal activity.
>>
File: 1502939955885.jpg (17KB, 200x187px) Image search: [Google]
1502939955885.jpg
17KB, 200x187px
>>94782354
>>94783130
>>
>>94783900

A useless term used by people who would rather spend their whole lives bitching that "life isn't fair" than deal with it and make the effort to advance themselves like normal people.
>>
>>94784585
>>94784707
Trying to figure out how you get to this logic....

Luke is culturally close to the teens and Danny isn't, but he isn't telling Danny to fuck off and get away from my culture, he's explaining to Danny why he should leave the kids to him.

His explanation was, because there is a great divide in outlook. This in no way insinuates multiculturalism is an "impossibility".
>>
>>94784916
No, to put it simply, Luke has Sympathy for people and he's lashing out at Danny for not having Sympathy with them.

Somehow a lack of reliability makes you have Privilege
>>
>>94783246

"Privilege" is a retarded, redundant, and useless concept. Considering it anything more, or defending it as "truth", makes one a spineless cuck.
>>
>>94784916
>he's explaining to Danny why he should leave the kids to him.
The logical extension of this train of thought is that people of a certain culture are best at dealing with their own people.
So it follows that the "best" way for society to function from that viewpoint is blacks policing blacks, whites policing whites, Mexicans policing Mexicans, etc, because they understand each other better than someone who has a differing culture.
Because there will ALWAYS be a divide in outlook in multiculturalism, because that is what the word means, it insinuates that multiculturalism is not as good as monoculturalism. That the ideal "multicultural society" is in fact just a bunch of effectively monocultural pseudo nations all living together, each answering to his own before the "other". Because a Harlem Black is always best left under someone culturally similar. That's literally what was said here.

I mean I never said he was telling Danny to get away from his culture. What he basically said was "these are my people, I am better suited to governing them as I understand them better".

I'm trying to figure out how you don't understand this tbqh. And I'm trying to figure out why someone would argue against themselves when it was pointed out what they actually said to defend a worldview they clearly see issues in when presented in a certain way.
>>
>>94783717

Surprisingly so.

It's amusing seeing all the people defending this shit and demanding that anybody who doesn't take "privilege" seriously is from /pol/ and should return there. Makes me wonder how long they've been here, I've never known the site as a whole to support such concepts.
>>
File: 1502407609865.jpg (238KB, 1024x812px) Image search: [Google]
1502407609865.jpg
238KB, 1024x812px
>>94785098
Fuck that noise. Cultural differences aside, we are all human beings, and we can all relate to each other on at least some level. And I'm not saying it CAN'T work the way you describe, people helping and dealing with their own. I'm saying it SHOULDN'T, lest we never progress as a species.
>>
>>94785290
>Fuck that noise. Cultural differences aside, we are all human beings, and we can all relate to each other on at least some level.
So you're saying is that the point YOU yourself brought up that made sense when YOU brought it up is now stupid when it has been explained to you what you actually said, because it turns out what you actually said doesn't agree with your preconceived dogma so your own words do not make sense. Perfect.
>And I'm not saying it CAN'T work the way you describe
Again, I did not describe it like this. YOU did. In this post. >>94784536

Also we progressed fine as a species without multiculturalism so I don't know where you get that from. You treat this like a religion, all faith, zero logic.
>>
>>94785427
Nigga, I'm not whichever anon you were arguing with, I just dislike the point you're making. I'm not advocating multiculturalism either. I'm simply fed up with people seemingly forgetting that we're all members of the same damned species. And of course we've made plenty of progress. I'm not saying we haven't. But if it's a matter of degrees, I'd rather do whatever is necessary to expedite the process, and surely the cessation of all this petty squabbling would go a long way towards accomplishing that.
>>
>>94781431
Fucking kill yourself you backwards thinking yokel.
>>
>>94781559
Actually this
>>
>>94785539
You're full of idealistic good results with no actual way of having them implemented. You see

Secondly, Ethnocentricm is an evolutionary selected for trait. It's not just a mindset, it's not just forgetting we're the same species, it is something innate to our biology. http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/16/3/7.html. In this simulation, which is pretty easy to replicate, with some sound methodology, your outlook falls into the "humanitarian" category. Look how well that pans out for the humanitarian (It helps if you have an understanding of the prisoners dilemma and how it relates to society as a whole for this). I mean, you want to know a funny thing, look at any ethnogroup in pretty much any country and think if they EVER majority vote in a way which would decrease their population percentage. It's literally how human beings, the animal, not in any way divine or above basic biology, and pretty much every other animal is wired. Yes we're all members of the same damn species, but most people will put their family before others. Why? Well it's genetic distance. It's hardwired. Just genetic distance.

Rather than look at evidence, which says this might not be able to work, you think we should shove the circle into the triangle hole until it goddamn fits even if it will make a mess of everything because you believe it will fit on nothing more than you WANT it to fit. I want it to to. But there's plenty of evidence saying it won't and you should really address that to yourself before you go chasing heaven.

I mean you say you're not advocating multiculturalism but your previous post said it was neccessary to progress as a species.
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.