[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I believe you owe me two bucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: xrWf5ny.jpg (217KB, 1200x944px) Image search: [Google]
xrWf5ny.jpg
217KB, 1200x944px
I believe you owe me two bucks
>>
Give me the rundown, OP.
>>
I wanna see them remaster the first season of Spongebob like they did with Goof Troop a while back.
>>
File: 11205776_2.jpg (64KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
11205776_2.jpg
64KB, 1200x1200px
>>94775118
No thanks, I think I'll keep the traditional look.
>>
>>94775431
That's what I mean. They just remastered the original versions to 1080p and they looked clean as hell. You could see the shadows of the cels and everything.
>>
File: 10124761_1_x.jpg (40KB, 750x479px) Image search: [Google]
10124761_1_x.jpg
40KB, 750x479px
>>94775668
Actually, damn now I want to see it. I thought companies gave all their cels away?
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
WHERE'S MY TWO BUUUUUCKS?!?!
>>
>>94775726
I thought they kept/sold the cels. I know Disney recycled them sometimes. Its the other stuff they trash or give away. My high school art teacher got calls to clean up after animated movies were made. He had some sweet Iron Giant storyboards clipped together in pseudo booklets, it was hard not to steal one.
>>
File: Sponge Me Boy.png (2MB, 1439x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Sponge Me Boy.png
2MB, 1439x1078px
>>94775726
Cells are different than masters. Cells are the individual images, each frame, while the masters are the physical recordings of the animated cells.

Because of the way cell animations worked on the master tapes, it can be upscaled to an incredible degree. So, as long as in the company warehouse, they have the originals, they could, in theory, release remasters.

>>94777325
For budgeting and supply purposes, they did re-use quite a collection of cells during that era of Disney animation

Either way, they already DID do that for the original season. If I'm not mistaken, it's available on iTunes - And I've seen some links passed around on here, but sad to say, I don't have the links saved. It does look pretty great, like Pic Related
>>
>>94774921

Patties with complet salad, sauce and cheese for 2 bucks in a establishment with tables, walls and full ceiling? Fuck everyone who ever bitched about Mr. Krabs being miser, the customers are the ones ripping him off
>>
>>94778085
What if the value of a dollar is extremely high in Bikini Bottom? Like, 12 cents for a loaf of bread level.
>>
>>94775118
wat what?
>>
>>94777879
>>94775118

I'd be nice to see Nick do that with their other shows someday. Those ugly rainbow artifacts around the lines drive me crazy.
>>
File: IMG_4489.jpg (59KB, 640x484px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4489.jpg
59KB, 640x484px
Reminder, there is a 1080p remaster for season one on itunes
>>
>>94777325
A lot of the cels had been sold off. (Source: I own one.) Typically, these types of remasters are done by rescanning the film that the cels were copied on to. Recollecting every single cel and copying them all again would be an impossible undertaking and even if you could, you would have to make sure every cel is placed in the exact same way it was the first time or else it would look off. Using a new scan of the film print is more often the ideal scenario.

>>94782052
I would kill for an HD remaster of Ren and Stimpy. By visuals alone, that show deserves it the most.
>>
>>94782095
Damn really?
Is there a rip of that?
>>
>>94782095
is it actually remastered? or is it a "use software scripts to put a smear filter on it and call it HD" type of remaster
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.