[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 9.jpg (179KB, 1024x730px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
179KB, 1024x730px
Why did it flop?
>>
>>94765393
because it was a bad movie
>>
I don't know anon. I actually loved that one.
>>
No one had seen the other 8
>>
File: 1502653430598.jpg (31KB, 600x509px) Image search: [Google]
1502653430598.jpg
31KB, 600x509px
>>94765399
I want to argue but those dubs
>>
>>94765399
>>94765429
Dubs say that first anon is wrong.
>>
Apart from the fact that the film itself is practically unmarketable in the west, it being to creepy and adult for parents to take their kids to yet that sweet spot of 13-17 year old that was meant to be it's target audience usually see animation as nothing but "for kids" and flat out have no interest?

I remember the plot itself dragging a bit so there's that.
>>
>>94765393
Ayy, this is my favorite movie actually

Anyways, It flopped because it was released with a date close to Coraline I think, and it overshadowed it a lot.
It was really good, but the ending was meh and it really needs a sequel

And who knows, in Janurary the facebook page updated with-
"I see the dim light in the far darkness, the search for 9 must begin"
Or something like that

Facebook is 9scientist if your interested, it has the lore of the movie and everything
>>
It wasn't very good. Characters were really bland and the store generic. I just remember it being rated PG-13 and focusing their marketing campaign around it with slogans like "NOT YOUR LITTLE BROTHER'S ANIMATED MOVIE" but, it never actually took advantage of that rating and totally failed to live up to that claim.
>>
>>94765393
It focused too much on visual style and tone than having a well written story/script
>>
File: 113.png (186KB, 330x310px) Image search: [Google]
113.png
186KB, 330x310px
>>94765418
>>
>>94765393

Voice acting was a mistake.
>>
>>94765393
I was bored with it halfway through. Never watched it in theaters.
>>
The short film was better
>>
>>94765393

It was bland and pretentious and completely unmemorable. I fell for the sucker's trick of "hurr durr pg-13 animated film" but there was no reason the thing couldn't have been rated pg for all that actually fucking happened.
>>
the song in the trailer is the best part of the movie
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.