[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I need a character that can ruin not just one, but two shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

File: Daredevil-475078.jpg (24KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil-475078.jpg
24KB, 590x350px
>I need a character that can ruin not just one, but two shows
>Don't worry senpai, I got you
>>
>>94764391
Danny was worse, which hurts me to say as an Iron Fist fan.
>>
>>94764413
Danny wasn't fantastic but he was part of an ensemble cast that could carry him. Elektra was basically the main conflict of the entire plot and she wasn't even 1% convincing as a threat.
>>
>>94764391
The Hand in general is terrible.
Save for Gao.
>>
>>94764487
It irked me that Gao was so clearly stronger than the rest of the Hand generals and yet still played like an underling to Alexandra
>>
>>94764487
When she slunked into the shadows initially in the last battle, I thought for sure she would be salvaged.
>>
>>94764509
If Matt survived that shit literally any of them could.
>lol dragon bone dust in the cave brought them back
>>
>>94764413
It was bad in Iron Fist because he was the main character but in this he was like everyone's retarded little brother who had to be watched. He wasnt allowed to make stupid mistakes and if he did he was called out on it later while in Iron Fist everyone who shit on him backed down easy or did not say much to him.
>>
>>94764391
Women characters in a nutshell, and you retards continue to think their inclusion is good.
>>
I actually liked her in the end when she and Matt had fighting sex in the cave
>>
>>94764499
I was surprised since she was a clear top dog before then, Im sure this was meant to show how powerful the hand was by saying "Gao is just 1 of 5 and not even the leader" but still

>>94764509
I would be fucking shocked if they confirmed with a dead body. As soon as I saw her slink away I knew she was going to survive.
>>
>>94764487
Gap was good in DD season 1, she has been terribly written since.
>>
>>94764391
Id creampie her any day
>>
File: 1503022254196.jpg (51KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1503022254196.jpg
51KB, 500x383px
>>94764487
When she knocked that door down I had a sudden urge to not fuck with old women.
>>
>>94765540
that's probably one of the less degenerate things uttered in /co/
>>
File: 1499292202955.jpg (86KB, 800x920px) Image search: [Google]
1499292202955.jpg
86KB, 800x920px
>>94766150
I was more thinking of getting into a violent physical altercation, but you can keep being a retarded pervert.
>>
>>94764948
You know, maybe its a analogy for an actual hand
Alexandra is the index finger, the supposed leader
Gao is the thumb, which makes the hand useful
Japanese guy was supposed to be the most threatening, but ended up being a giant middle finger.
Bakuto is the ring, probably only thought about in shipping scenarios
Sowander is an afterthought that nobody thinks about.
>>
I still don't understand this whole black sky thing

this mythical legendary weapon!!! must be stopped at all costs!!!

it's just someone who is a better than average hand to hand fighter...
>>
>>94764487
Imagine young Gao being all ninja Yoda
>>
>>94766372
And still only slightly better than DD
It was really annoying how shit Danny is without the fist. Couldn't hurt Luke but every named hand member could, trashed by DD.
>>
>>94766463
sowande and gao hurt luke but didnt he totally wreck that japanese guy without even breaking a sweat?
>>
>>94764499
What a waste Alexandra did absolutely nothing
>>
Elektra was the best part of the series. Fuck off.
>>
>>94764391
I really like Yung's performance but as a character Elektra is kinda poorly used.
>>
>>94766463
I wonder if K'un Lun saw how much Matt and Elektra kicked Danny's ass and regretted their choice
>>
>>94766927
shoulda picked davos
marginally worse fighter than danny, but fiercely loyal to his home and actually has enough of a backbone to kill his enemies.

I choose to believe they are shitty at fighting because of their isolationist values, they continued to train for years with antiquated techniques and methods and never evolved with the rest of the world so despite working very hard at their fighting style they were working very hard to get good at a fighting style that isn't very good

compare and contrast the thing danny does https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4-s8TBB6dw

with the thing matt does
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L-h5yTS8GY

and do we wonder why matt kicked his ass? It might just be me but I feel like actually practicing how to fight makes you a better fighter than slapping water and dicking around in the woods
>>
This show lacked Colleen's ass
>>
>>94764391
Is she Daredevil's Ashi?
>>
>>94767671
>tfw no barefoot asian gf with a fat ass
>>
>>94764391
So Elektra as she's always been
>>
>>94764391
>>94764413
I don't think it's either Elektra or Danny. What's making those shows not enjoyable as they should be is the Hand. I'm not sure why but as long as they're the villains it's shit. D2 was good with Frank and stuff, got much worse with the Hand. Iron Fist wasn't that bad with Ward and his dad but the Hand made it bad. I was worried for Defenders and turned out I was right. The Hand is a horrible villain. Or maybe they're written horribly.
>>
>>94764391
hardley.
>daredevil beating up people being robbed
>luke cage ranting about danny's white privilege
the sjws at netflix ruined it.
>>
>>94767957
I don't know about the comics Hand but the Netflix Hand is really uninteresting
>>
>>94764391
That's not Danny.

The problem with the Netflix series is all the telling not showing. Specifically with Iron Fist and the Hand. "It's me, Danny Rand, the Iron Fist, K'un Lun's greatest weapon. You will board my boat, sail the ocean and re--" He said it a million times, yet never did anything above punching almost as hard as an A-lister several times.

Same with Alexandra. No matter how clever you think it may be, capes are about fluttering, colorful spandex. Just let that shit flap around.
>>
Elektra was the only good villain of the show. The rest of the Hand were boring as fuck.
>>
What about Stone? (or whomever the fuck that strong guy was at DD S1 Stick talked to) Did they just wrote him off/killed him offscreen?
>>
>>94766372
Considering how she was able to fuck up Luke, she clearly was given some degree of super-strength as a result.
>>
>>94768464
these shows are very clear examples of make it up as we go along

what about the zombie children?
what about there being multiple black skys and explicitly showing us that killing one doesn't mean dick so stick killing the one they brought into new york for some reason doesn't matter

truth is they didn't know where they were going with this
>>
It was mostly trash, honestly, did not at all have anything compelling from the good parts of the daredevil and alias shows.
>>
>>94768464
This. Where the fucks Stone? Did they just decide to pretend it never happened? Because thats what it looks like, seeing as Stick didnt even mention this supposef ally during the bug climactic showdown
>>
>>94764391
Every time you involve Elektra or The Hand, everything turns to shit. Every time. Comics or movies, doesn't matter.
>>
>>94764391
I'm on S2 episode 8 right now, does Matt continue to be an ass ignoring his job and friends to flirt with Elektra?
>>
That's not Danny my dude
>>
>>94768464
>>94771473
DD S3... He's probably responsible for saving Matt. "We believe Gao survived and is reforming the hand... IN HELL'S KITCHEN" "I won't be a part of your war ANYMORE" then elektra walks in and is like "I WILL" kills stone *optional* and takes control of the chaste.
>>
>>94771473

Didn't he die when he didn't see the car coming?
>>
>>94764391
How did the writers manage to fuck this show up so badly? The character stuff between Jessica and Matthew and between Danny and Luke was decent but for the most part the writing was shit.

What purpose did Alexandra serve?
What made her, the African dude, the Japanese dude, and Bakuto so special?
Why were there no repercussions for the Japanese dude going against Alexandra?
Why waste precious time in an eight episode miniseries if these characters weren't going to accomplish anything?
Why have all the highly trained ninjas been replaced by paramilitary mooks?
Why is Danny Rand still an idiot who can't beat fighters who should be below his level?
Why does Luke Cage think it's a good idea to allow the Hand to continue to exist, while also keeping what they've sought intact by not blowing the building?
Why didn't Colleen and Claire hide the bag with the detonator when they went to hide from Bakuto?

I have more questions but I guess I'll stop there.
>>
>>94772552
Yo dude, I got yo back.

>What purpose did Alexandra serve? The writers are having a tough time keeping everything interesting at "street level" with the Hand as their main villains. With no notable villains to choose from they instead chose a notable actress, hoping this would balance out their shitty writing. They were wrong.
>What made her, the African dude, the Japanese dude, and Bakuto so special?
These 4 and Madame Gao discovered a few too many secrets and were cast out of kun-lun hundreds maybe thousands of years ago. They used this time to master wealth, combat, chi, or whatever else they thought they could use to get back in.
>Why were there no repercussions for the Japanese dude going against Alexandra?
At this point they are all used to being opposed to each other, they've had fights in the past but they know the only ones they can really trust is each other, since only they know the secrets of kun-lun.
>Why waste precious time in an eight episode miniseries if these characters weren't going to accomplish anything? Again with the lack of writing skills and poor villain choice.
>Why have all the highly trained ninjas been replaced by paramilitary mooks?
Each branch of the hand, handles their soldiers differently. Potentially, one argument from sawande saying their ninjas failed means they bring in his mooks.
>Why is Danny Rand still an idiot who can't beat fighters who should be below his level?
This is the hardest part for me, but we need to view this Danny as the younger brother of the group. He also trained exclusively with one group and one style. As the seasons continue, I hope we'll start to see him pull apart, even without the fist.
>Why does Luke Cage think it's a good idea to allow the Hand to continue to exist, while also keeping what they've sought intact by not blowing the building?
He's a simple kind of man.
>Why didn't Colleen and Claire hide the bag with the detonator when they went to hide from Bakuto?
Split sec decision.
>>
>>94773365
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>greentextfail
dammit
>>
>>94764741

pretty much this. I think the problem is that she was shown as being really weak before her transformation and it makes mind harder to take her knocking out like 10 people at once. She was bodying the iron fist to the chest and getting back up, flip/knocking over luke cake. Fighting all defenders by herself and winning. It was a massive power increase for the girl that couldn't survive nobu.
>>
>>94766756

I liked her too
>>
>>94767750
>>94767671
She has no ass. Misty on the other hand has the T and the A.
>>
>>94773553

>Trying to give probs to an old lady
>>
>>94773608
Misty is 35 anon
>>
>>94766372
Considering she was stronger/tougher than Luke, she'd probably be terrifying in 200 AD or whatever time that prophecy was made. Not so much in 2017 when any idiot with fifty bucks and a black market connection can buy a weapon that can blast clean through a foot of hardened steel.
>>
>>94773672

she looks older
>>
>collen didn't join the defenders
>sticks dies
>no nuke
>we may never get hellcat

Defenders 2 bette be good
>>
>>94764391
I cannot believe they roped Sigourney Weaver into this nonsense.
>>
>>94771914
Legit spoiler
Yes
>>
>>94764487
Gao spent half the season wandering onto the set with a confused expression like she got lost on the way to the bathroom.
>>
>>94764391
Oh come on, she's not great but she didn't get to the point she RUINED anyth-
>Gets to the end of episode 6
Oh.
>>
>>94767957
>>94768040
It's because the Netflix shows are so up their own ass about being gritty and "realistic," while trying to use a villainous organization that's literally an over-the-top 80's immortal ninja clan. So everything going on is crazy mystical shit that nobody would ever believe, and all the heroes are constantly trying to convince everybody that everything is fucked and they're the only ones that can stop it, but they can't tell you why and you wouldn't believe them if they tried. They need to either drop the mystic shit and go full street-level, or let people acknowledge that crazy shit is just par for the course and drop the realism angle.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.