[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lies cartoons told us

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: 1995-toystory-09.jpg (59KB, 320x176px) Image search: [Google]
1995-toystory-09.jpg
59KB, 320x176px
>It's possible to win on claw machines
>>
Just because you have shitty luck or can't calculate what spot int he line you need to take to win doesn't mean the rest of us do.
>>
>>94758813
Oh, it's possible. It's just that you have no little to no influence on whether or not you do, its all up to the machines internal algorithms regulating the number of winners.
>>
>>94758848
>being unironically good at that shit
>>
I've won several prizes from claw machines. The key is to pick items that aren't buried and have decent surface ratio so it doesn't jostle out of the claw once it moves.
>>
>>94758874
>>94758848
Ok sure, but that claw managed to pick up a heavy-ass plastic action figure WITH a cowboy doll hanging off of it. No claw machine in real life would allow that shit.
>>
>>94758813
It is, it just depends on the machine.

Most claw machines have an adjustable claw, so they can be set as tight or as loose as you want them to be. Obviously they're usually set (too) loose on purpose to make sure not many prizes are given away, but that certainly isn't the case with all machines.
>>
File: pinball-wizard.jpg (40KB, 344x400px) Image search: [Google]
pinball-wizard.jpg
40KB, 344x400px
>>94758813
They're actually rigged to only 'really' grab a certain percentage of the time to ensure profits

https://youtu.be/KnMKCHqXLow

tl; dr the better the prizes the shittier the odds are

I've never understood how arcades got away with this shit when fucking PINBALL machines used to be banned because the fucking morality police argued that the mechanic to win a free ball was 'gambling'.
>>
>>94758813
It is you fucking scrub
>I lost so it must be the machines fault!
>It's just that you have no little to no influence on whether or not you do, its all up to the machines internal algorithms regulating the number of winners
Its a mechanical machine there are no fucking algorithms.

Full disclosure I work at an arcade and every day I get people like OP bitching at me when they lose a game as if it's my fault personally as if I built the damn thing, and having learned the machines workings inside and out after having to repair it every time some aggro fucker breaks the thing in frustration after having lost I can tell you it isn't that fucking complicated, it's just some electronic switches attached to an electric motor.
Also to add insult to injury it's always like five to ten minutes later some ringer will damn near empty the machine of prizes when I can no longer point it out to the accusers that think I'm some slippery gypsy trying to steal their heckles.
FUCK
>>
I feel like the ones where you have limited movement like the ones where you can only go up and left and can't go back usually are pretty fair

I won like 20 Pokemon dolls on my senior trip from that kind
>>
>>94758951
>Programing a machine with no computer
>>
>>94758884
And also be the lucky user number #X where the claw allows you full use of its strength, rather than purposefully lowering it below the threshold needed to lift any of the prices in the bin.
>>
>>94758813
You actually can, hell I was so good at it that I lost my virginity because of a claw machine
>>
>>94758941
Most machines actually regulate claw strength on the fly, based on an algorithm that regulates the number of winners allowed as a percentage, as decided by the machines owner during set up.
>>
>>94758951
There is no computer in claw machines to be set to a percentage.
The machine cannot tell the difference between good prizes or bad.
>But I didn't win
The claws on the machine have certain levels of tension that are different for every machine and in some cases the tension in the claw can be adjusted, if the tension is too low you aren't going to pull out that stuffed animal that is partially buried and wedged into the corner but you will be able to pick up one sitting on the top of the pile, if the tension is high enough in the claw (which it probably will not be) you can pull out whatever you get a good enough grip on.

Now you want to be a paranoid cunt about arcade machines, stuff like rope cutting games and stacker can be rigged or at least designed to very rarely give pay out (for stacker its 50/50 because there are two different MOBAs for the machines one for american and canadian markets and one for japanese and korean ones and the while the american one can be beaten with skill the korean one is chance)
>>
>>94759262
>>94759295
THAT"S NOT HOW IT WORKS YOU FUCKING IDIOTS
>>
>Love is real
>>
>>94759334
Maybe not in really old machines, but in new ones? Absolutely, theyre all perfectly computerized.
>>
>>94759070
They usually are, you can tell which machines are worth your time based on how much the claw sways once it comes back up. If it looks like it's barely held onto the mechanism, you should be a lot more careful with your prize selections.
>>
>>94758870
This, the numbers can also be manipulated by the arcade to yield a better profit as well.
>>
>>94758813
My uncle wins almost every time he plays I swear its some kind of supernatural power.
>>
>>94759475
Where the fuck is the computer and the sensors then?
Your hypothesis is from an engineering standpoint improbable because in order for the claw to be able to tell what prizes are worth more it would need an array of sensors comparable to what the martian probes have which would make claw machines prohibitively expensive.
Putting aside the fact that most including new claw machines don't even have any computer components at all barring maybe a digital counter the size of a watch battery.
A claw machines is little more than a box with a motor a crane on a track a coin mechanism and a couple of switches, any parts that maybe used for "prize worth tension adjusting algorithms" would be obvious as fuck.
>>
>>94759539
That or pays attention to how many people play the game and wait until he sees there's an opening for a winning play.
>>
>>94758951
How likely was it for Sid to win twice in a row?
>>
>>94758813
>tfw got double prizes at my hotel resort's claw machine

I never even got a single one after that but for one night I was a god among men.
>>
>>94759576
Or maybe just knows how to play the game and doesn't try to go for prizes buried neck deep in other ones?
>>
>>94759558
Your either trolling or legitimately ignorant. The sensors are a simple algorithm that a human component, usually the guy who owns the machine, puts in to have it only use enough claw strength every so often. Since the owner puts in the price tag for eachbuae, and knows how much each prize costs him, he can decide the profot from there. An example would be, every 12 games gets one winner and all the others have such flimsy claw grasping power that it won't lift even the smallest, rounded doll it perfectly fits around.

It's been proven, the evidence is out there. Go look it up. You. Stupid. Nigger
>>
>>94759558
>Where the fuck is the computer and the sensors then?

It's box called a Command Module Setting and all new claw machines will have 'em.

As to what they do, they regulate how much PSI the claw puts out when grabbing a prize and how many plays it takes until you get a "winning" play.

>>94759616
>Or maybe just knows how to play the game and doesn't try to go for prizes buried neck deep in other ones?

That's just common sense, anybody who tries to get a buried prize deserves to have Skee Balls thrown at 'em.
>>
>>94759081
Claw machines have been computerized since the early 90s.
>>
>>94759758
>Your either trolling or legitimately ignorant. The sensors are a simple algorithm that a human component, usually the guy who owns the machine, puts in to have it only use enough claw strength every so often.
So obviously that means there is some mechanical component attached to the claw that should be visible yes?
Because all that is attached to a claw is the motor the tension of the claw itself is adjusted with screws in order for the machine to automatically adjust the tension it would require the screws to be attached to some kind of mechanism.
>It's been proven
Salty teenagers on youtube are not legitimate sources.
>It's box called a Command Module Setting and all new claw machines will have 'em.
And where is it? Do you have a diagram of one? How does it adjust the tension because I have been taking apart and repairing claw machines for the last 5 years and have never seen anything of the sort.
>Claw machines have been computerized since the early 90s
They have digital counters for displaying credits and time limits occasionally but thats it.
What part of the machine needs a computer?
>>
>>94759284
Fucking the machine doesn't count, Anon
>>
File: get the gun.png (205KB, 383x278px) Image search: [Google]
get the gun.png
205KB, 383x278px
>spinach would give me super powers
>Brocolli is the most disgusted thing known to man
>our toys are alive and do secret missions when we're not around
>Yakko, Wakko and Dot from Animaniacs must exist in real-life since real-life celebrities exist on their show
>kaijus must exist because Power Rangers are actual real humans and aren't cartoons
>every old granny had a double-barrel shotgun and they'll use it on you if you piss them off
>any cheese that isn't Swiss cheese is fake cheese
>every red truck is Optimus Prime and every car is just a Transformer in disguise
>>
>>94759081
For something as simple as "only grab tightly 1/20 times" you can "program" it purely mechanically.
>>
>>94758884
No, there's no key, the claw is assigned a random number the moment you out money on it, then that is assigned to how much pressure the claw will have. Most models have up from 5 to 20 different grips.

So yeah, its a chance thing.
>>
>>94760140
does fucking on the machine count?
does it count when its your partner is your sister?
>>
>>94760333
>Broccoli is the most disgusted thing known to man
This, why do cartoons always shit on broccoli? It's delicious
>>
>>94761124
who knows, sprouts I understand they are fine when cooked well but rarely are.
>>
File: pdf.png (247KB, 710x360px) Image search: [Google]
pdf.png
247KB, 710x360px
>>94760048
The feature is clearly outlined in the instruction manual of some machines. I had to grab a screencap from a Youtube video, since Black Tie Toys took down the .pdf version of the manual once this started spreading.
>>
>>94761787
Well that's news to me and now I'm curious how that even works I have heard of such things on other types of machines but never claw machines. Still the assumption that all machines are rigged causes me nothing but grief daily.
>>
>>94761118
Yes and YES, even though you're probably lying to make me sad
>>
>>94758813
My mom has always been masterful with two-claw machines, but she said three-claw ones are almost always a scam.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.