[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the voice acting so shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (289KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
289KB, 2000x1333px
Why is the voice acting so shit?
>>
>>94752640
why is the art style so shit?
>>
>>94752640
I am more bothered by the square heads, everybody else looks fine
>>
>>94752652
They look like funko pops
>>
>>94752640
SNL
>>
>>94752640
Because they're all voiced by grown adults who make no attempt to use anything other than their normal voice, let alone sound like a child

I blame gravity falls for starting this meme
>>
>>94752640
Because it's not.
>>
When I first watched the preview from Comic-Con, I thought Scrooge sounded ridiculous. He sounded like someone doing a terribly fake Scottish accent. Which I know is bizarre, because even though I've never seen a single episode of Dr. Who, I know David Tennant is Scottish. The whole episode worked for me, and I like Tennant's Scrooge now, but did anyone else think this? I can only assume that as an American I'm so used to fake Scottish accents that the real thing sounds artificial to me.
>>
>>94752936
Could be he was instructed to go for a heavier Scottish accent than his natural one, so it sounded a bit off.
>>
>>94753113
That might make sense, but I've watched some interviews about Ducktales and unless he's doing that accent on purpose as a promotional thing, Scrooge is basically just his voice.
>>
>>94752936
he doesn't speak with a Scottish accent in Doctor Who so that wouldn't have helped
>>
>>94752640
Why is Mrs. Beakly's haircut so sexy.
I'm Very conflicted.
>>
>>94753170
Huh. Interesting.
>>
>>94752640
Because it's all washed up d-listers. The VA strike should have been stronger.
>>
>>94753216
His natural accent is a moderate scottish, but he puts on a more basic british accent for doctor who
I'm not sure whose decision it was or if it was to make him more understandable, because peter capaldi kept his scottish accent for the role
>>
>>94752640
Are you an actor?
>>
>>94752640
Square heads.
Depressing pastel palette.
The voices of 25-year olds for preteens.
Webby is a disturbing amalgamation of Mabel Pines and Louise Belcher.
>>
>>94753808
>The voices of 25-year olds for preteens.
>Webby is a disturbing amalgamation
So being an experienced actor can't voice a preteen? Do you know how acting works
>>
>>94753824
Don't put any effort into him mate. /co/ is filled with casuals.
>>
>>94753808
>Depressing pastel palette.
imagine having taste this shit
>>
>>94753836
Casuals would be ok for this instance, this is just will full stupidity
>>
>>94753824
>So being an experienced actor can't voice a preteen?
Apparently not, as this show is proof of.
>Do you know how acting works
Yes, evidently much more so than you and the people phoning in their performances for this garbage do.
>>
>>94753847
>>94753836
>responding to yourself
It's like /b/ anno 2008
>>
>>94753808
>Webby is a disturbing amalgamation of Mabel Pines and Louise Belcher.
No she's not, you're just saying that because you think she's voiced by Schaal
>>
>>94753853
>Apparently not, as this show is proof of.
What would you know since you can't act yourself. So don't even try to think you know good acting frI'm bad.
>>
>>94753861
No, you're just saying other people think that because you're fucking retarded and upset that others can see the glaring flaws in the show you're personally invested in protecting online.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-19-02-12-11.png (325KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-19-02-12-11.png
325KB, 1080x1920px
>>94753860
Wrong again faggot
>>
>>94753808
>Gravityfalls faggots never watched another cartoon in their lives
>hurr durr Mabel invented quirky girls
>>
>>94753862
>What would you know since you can't act yourself.
Not that you would know anything about that, faggot. Considering we've thankfully never met.
>So don't even try to think you know good acting frI'm bad.
Please stop being so fucking retarded. It's the worst kind of low-tier trolling.
>>
>>94753853
You wouldn't know phoning it in since you have no experience or talent to do it.
>>
File: hahaha classic.jpg (63KB, 445x372px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha classic.jpg
63KB, 445x372px
>>94753877
>same exact character down to the grappling hook meme
>IT'S NOT THE SAME AT ALL, YOU JUST DON'T GET IT! MIMIMIMII
>>
Why couldn't they just get women to voice Huey, Dewey, and Louie? It worked well enough in Quack Pack
>>
>>94753883
>Not that you would know anything about that, faggot. Considering we've thankfully never met.
Too bad I could easily teach you a thing or two about acting.
Trolling is an ass hat complaining about a shows voice acting because he doesn't like the voices but passes it off as someone else's fault. Believe me child it's yours.
>>
>>94753885
That's quite an assumption to make about someone you have never met and know absolutely nothing about.
Are you even dimly aware of just how incredibly fucking stupid it makes you look when you do that?

Well, you're probably used to it by now.
>>
>>94753869
welp you sure got me. here's your (You).
>>
>>94753900
I like that you are so genuinely mad right now that you can't even make a coherent sentence.
Also a word of advice, roleplaying in Second Life (or whatever it is you do) isn't "acting".
>>
>>94753904
I'm pretty sure by your statements alone prove what kind of idiot you are since all youve done was say
>acting is bad
>phoning it in
While not actually explaining how they are phoning it in. In fact you just parot what other people say about acting and use it stupidly to get attention. It world you got my attention, on how you know nothing about acting or the process.
>>
>>94753916
Projecting much?
>>
>>94753869
What glaring flaws is that praytell? Acting? From a person who knows nothing about acting?
>>
>>94753922
>While not actually explaining how they are phoning it in
Why do people like you always do this? You get an explanation of the problem in the very first posts you get mad at, then you start to pretend you didn't, in order to stay offended. It's fucking tragic, especially as you have the grammar and spelling comprehension of a young child which certainly doesn't help you look like anything other than a flailing mong who's overly defensive about a cartoon show.

I'll quickly outline it for you once more, since you clearly need things explained multiple times to get it.
"Phoning it in" means not giving a shit about their performances, in this case illustrated by way of not even attempting to do a fitting voice for the characters, with Webby being the worst offender.

Don't want to have to explain it again, so if you still don't get it, kindly ask your tard wrangler to explain it.
>>
>>94753943
It's impressive how much you think you've learned about acting despite never leaving your mom's basement.
Sadly though, you wouldn't know the first thing about it. As your pointless and extremely agitated defence of this hackneyed shit proves again and again.
>>
>>94753969
>Why do people like you always do this? You get an explanation of the problem in the very first posts you get mad at,
Because that wasn't an explination, that was you ignorantly complaining about voices you don't like and want some sort of acknowledgment using phrase like "phoning it in" which is not a proper description on why the acting is bad since you never heard or looked up thsee actors until now.
Then you go on bitching about grammar on an anonymous image board to sidetrack the issue because you have no real argument.
It's obviouse you can't tell from phoning it in because you never actually experienced it. All you want to do is complain about the show, I mean what we're you expecting the entire show done in anemic pentameter? Don't know what that is? Oh because you aren't an actor or someone who performs or someone who works in the business. You are some whiny little bitch who complains his cartoons aren't the way he likes and tries to pass it off as critism with out giving actual criticism. So try again boyo, tell me why you think they are phoning it in when clearly they are keeping the same odd voice they have to record OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Tell me how you know this when you never even auditioned in your life. You can't because you don't know what you are talking about.
>>
>>94753983
I'm at work faggot, in LA, I'm doing more with my life than you.
>>
>>94752640
It may be that we're all used to hearing the triplets speak with identical voices as well as the fact that Webby's done a personality 180 since the original cartoon.

That said, I like that the boys all have different personalities now, and that each one's a sort of facet of Scrooge himself. It's making for some fun dynamics.
>>
>>94752640
Why is new webby such a SJW bullshit character?
>>
>>94754028
You are a cock sucking faggot
everything you do is worth nothing
>>
>>94754076
>It may be that we're all used to hearing the triplets speak with identical voices as well as the fact that Webby's done a personality 180 since the original cartoon.
I wouldn't call her a 180 completly, i mean she isnt that shy cute girl, but she that bumbling cute girl with no friends. Which is what I really like about her, she is nuts but she was cooped up in the house all the time and having friends for the first time was touching.
>>
>>94754105
Projecting again.
>>
>>94754093
She isnt, her not having friends because of her crazy ass behavior is proof of that.
>>
>>94754119
Also a terrible liar
And doesn't take so much screen time
>>
>>94754025
>anemic
Sorry auto correct
Iambic*
>>
>>94754119
>>94754129
she's shit and you know it
>HURR DURR Grabbling hook HURR DURR
Webby is Mabel 2.0 just worse in every sense
Mabel at least got a good VA
>>
>>94754166
I disagree, I think you just hate thw sjw trope so much you see it everywhere.
>>
>>94752936
I didn't have a problem with the accent per se, but I still feel that Tennant sounds a bit young for the role.
>>
>>94754166
Webby's VA has done a nude scene with Malin Ackerman. Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>94754224
That I agree with, he should deepen his voice abit but not grumble like glomgold.
>>
>>94753891
Not him and I get what you're saying. They're the same approach to a female character, not the same character.
Mabel is cock hungry and Louise is a deceptive bastard. Webby is a mystery freak. She's Dipper given the Mabel treatment or under a Mabel filter if you prefer.
>>
Am I the only one that thinks the only thing wrong with this show is Kristen Schaal voice? I am sick of hearing her.
>>
>I HATE ADULTS VOICING KIDS
>ONLY KIDS SHOULD VOICE KIDS

Why is /co/ so fucking dumb?
>>
>>94754258
No I'm tired of her like I'm tired of jonny Yong vosh
>>
>>94754258
That's not her
>>
>>94754258
You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>94753891
Mabel is PP while Webby is RD.
>>
>>94752647
i want you guys to give me an example of good art style. i feel you people just say this to hate on it.
>>
Do people really want to hear a bunch of shitty private school kids doing a horrible job of regulating the volume, pitch and emotional tone of their voices?
>>
File: 1483513486027.jpg (80KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
1483513486027.jpg
80KB, 600x601px
>>94752640
They sound like edgy adults instead of child ducks.
>>
>>94754356
I sure as hell don't
>>
>>94754166
Name one scene where Webby used or mentioned a grappling hook.
>>
>>94754025
>>94754152
What's with phoneposting shills and speeding out? The show is okay but these faggots are cringey as hell.
>>
>>94754446
I never left, and nice try faggot.
>>
>>94754446
What's cringey is some autistismo complaining about acting when they don't even know how to correctly use the term "phoning it in."
Same fagging btw no need to hide>>94754455
>>
>>94753803
>Haha, OP forgot that you have to BE an actor to judge acting! Because everyone knows only actors can judge acting, duh!
>>
>>94754455
Why you so angry phoneposting anon? It's a cartoon about talking ducks.
>>
>>94754497
I don't, Im more concerned about a retarded op speaking about shit he doesn't comprehend in the first place.
>>
>>94754495
Pretty much or at least be in the business of something that works wit acting.
>>
>>94754497
You might wanna lurk more
>>
>>94754522
He has a point in the lack of effort put into the voice acting though. I wouldn't say it quite goes into "phoning it in" territory but it certainly feels/sounds uninspired. Of course Donald might be a bit too far on the opposite end of the spectrum where he's nearly unintelligible even compared to most Donald performances.
>>94754535
Most people that start smashing keyboards passionately are a part of some established fanbase, but this iteration of Ducktales only recently debuted. I suppose we could chalk it up to them being Disney fanatics (and lord knows there's still network warriors here if modern Nick fans are anything to go by), but it still seems odd to me.
>>
>>94754277
I don't know, how dumb do you have to be to not see the obvious stupidity in what you just wrote? Of course the ideal situation would be to have kids voicing fucking kids--they're KIDS. There's even a strong precedent for this: see Steven Universe and Adventure Time.

Still, you can put away your strawman of /co/ saying they only want adults to voice kids because NO ONE said that. Everyone knows that using female VAs to voice children of both sexes is the norm... or at least it was until Steven Universe kicked off this lazy trend of using adults (I'm talking specifically Jason Ritter here) who make no effort whatsoever to sound like children. And if you can't pull off a child's voice (or in this case, the voice of a young cartoon duck) you shouldn't be fucking around with iconic characters such as Huey, Dewey, and Louie. This is common sense, something you seem to lack since anyone who has a problem with these voice actors is just "fucking dumb", full stop, no further explanation needed.
>>
>>94754577
>He has a point in the lack of effort put into the voice acting though. I wouldn't say it quite goes into "phoning it in" territory but it certainly feels/sounds uninspired. Of course Donald might be a bit too far on the opposite end of the spectrum where he's nearly unintelligible even compared to most Donald performances.
Now that is a fine form of critism. But mind you, actors are still directed, I had to do an indie game and my director told me to keep the same voice when I brought it down to a depressed scene. I gave him all these different versions and he wanted the same tone that I did through out the game. So all I can say is that director decides in the end.
>>94754577
>Most people that start smashing keyboards passionately are a part of some established fanbase, but this iteration of Ducktales only recently debuted. I suppose we could chalk it up to them being Disney fanatics (and lord knows there's still network warriors here if modern Nick fans are anything to go by), but it still seems odd to me.

Yes this is true but when it comes to reboots you aren't going to get the same as before especially when one of your actors just died this past year.
>>
>>94754604
>you can put away your strawman of /co/
What about your strawman that every kid character needs a child voice actor?
>>
>>94754604
>Everyone knows that using female VAs to voice children of both sexes is the norm... or at least it was until Steven Universe kicked off this lazy trend of using adults (I'm talking specifically Jason Ritter here) who make no effort whatsoever to sound like children.
You do know that this lazy trend you speak of is because of many reasons.
1. This isn't a trend my Steven universe This has been going on long before the simpsons.
2. Children are hard tp work with not because they maybe undisciplined it's because they can work long hours like adults and you have to go through a lot of channels to employ a child, not to mention adjust their recording schedule with their every day life. It's just much more efficient to use adults.
3. You seem to lack any knowledge of this at all and are bitching about common sense when you have none yourself.
>>
Where are their hats?
>>
>>94754675
They went quack pack route, only huey is the one with the hat this time.
>>
>>94754531
How can you be this thickheaded?

Quiz time, Anon.

1. Who reviews movies?
2. Who decides whether a TV show lives or dies?
3. Who decides whether a film succeeds or fails?

If you answered 'actors' to any of the above, I have good news for you: your head has officially gone so far up your ass in defending this show that if you just crane your neck a little further, you'll see out your own mouth!

In case any of that was somehow lost on you, let me be clearer: every single person who pays money or devotes time to watching anything is a participant in the continued success or failure of the actors they are watching. This world you envision where only actors judge acting is nothing but a fantasy; audiences judge acting, and when a majority of viewers aren't actors themselves, well...
>>
>>94754617
>What about your strawman that every kid character needs a child voice actor?
You mean the strawman I didn't make? Don't even bother responding if you're not going to read the whole fucking post.
>>
Duckgirl cloaca
>>
>>94754687
>1. Who reviews movies? People who have a decent understanding of what acting is
>2. Who decides whether a TV show lives or dies?
The network
>3. Who decides whether a film succeeds or fails?
The box office, because remember ninja turtles by bay got a sequel because it did well it's opening night.

Since you don't read I also pointed out people who are in the business. But you wouldn't because you ignore important details.
>>
>>94754667
Again, it's like you can't fucking read. Nor write, for that matter. What does
>1. This isn't a trend my Steven universe
even mean?

>2 It's just much more efficient to use adults.
So in other words--my words:
>Everyone knows that using female VAs to voice children of both sexes is the norm
LEARN TO READ, MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>94754697
Yes you did, you made a strawman about how child characters need to have an exact type of child voice. Might as quit while you are behind.
>>
>>94754736
By* sorry a simple typo can trigger you so much
You make a retarded statement that it's a trend of Steven universe, which wasn't the case, ever hear of Lisa simpson the woman doesn't even change her voice, and she can only voice one character. But keep sperging out.
I don't read the rest because your opening statement proves you are wrong right off the bat, so why bother reading your word vomit.
>>
>>94754728
Jesus, you don't even know how to separate your answers from the green text. Here, let me do it for you:

> People who have a decent understanding of what acting is
And who would that be, Anon? Actors or average joes who watch movies and then voice their opinion on the acting? Let me tell you which is the larger group: it's the one that consists not only of professional movie critics (who often disagree with each other's opinions about acting quality, but still they get paid for their opinions), but every single user to writes a review on Metacritic or Rotten Tomatoes. To use a phrase you've apparently never once considered the truth of, "Everyone's a critic".

>The network
Wrong. Ratings determine whether a show is a hit or not and ratings aren't provided by the network.

>The box office
Durrr... but who gives money to the box office? Surely it's actors, right? They're the ones turning B-listers into movie stars by seeing their films again and again. The actors, of course!

>Since you don't read
>you ignore important details
The irony is palpable.
>>
>>94754736
Do you really think that the guys doing huey dewy and louey use their normal voices? I mean there is a video showing them in their normal voices and they sound nothing like their characters, you are overreacting to nothing.
>>
>>94754744
>Yes you did, you made a strawman about how child characters need to have an exact type of child voice. Might as quit while you are behind.

With every post you reveal to everyone just how godawful your reading comprehension skills are.
This is what I wrote, you flaming retard:

>Of course the ideal situation would be to have kids voicing fucking kids--they're KIDS. There's even a strong precedent for this: see Steven Universe and Adventure Time.

There isn't a single word of that suggests that child characters NEED child voice actors. Once again, read the rest of the post, you idiot:

>Everyone knows that using female VAs to voice children of both sexes is the norm...

Somehow in your undeveloped mind this equates to "durrr he made a strawman about how child characters need to have an exact type of child voice".
>>
>>94754809
>And who would that be, Anon?

Look to >>94754025
Here
Because you simply don't know how the biz works.

>Let me tell you which is the larger group: it's the one that consists not only of professional movie critics (who often disagree with each other's opinions about acting quality, but still they get paid for their opinions)
Yeah and those are people who are part of the business that is acting because the reason they get paid is because they learned what acting is, they went to school. You are some faggot who watches way too many cartoons.

>>94754809
>Wrong. Ratings determine whether a show is a hit or not and ratings aren't provided by the network.
Wrong they control the purse, they have the power, even good shows get canceled, take early family guy and early futurama. That wasn't ratings it was the network. Network makes the decisions why do you think tim and Eric awesome show got to keep going? Or q2 oz. Mouse? They filled a slot that was it. It wasn't ratings that kept them alive it was the network.

Box office is what decides the if it was a success, if it didn't beat it's making price it's not successful, but if it does and it's a terrible movie it is still considered a success.
All you have is a child like understanding of how things work. So stop trying to think your autistic opinion actually matters, because if it did these actors wouldn't be working now would they?
>>
>>94754882
>Universe kicked off this lazy trend of using adults (I'm talking specifically Jason Ritter here) who make no effort whatsoever to sound like children.
Read your own words fagbutt.
You even calling his performance lazy is saying they need to sound like kids.
So excuse me for noticing your hypocritical statement.
>>
>>94752640
So, who are we shipping Webby with?

Or is she taking the 3 corkscrews?
>>
>>94754792
Now I know you can't read. I said there was precedent of cartoons using real children for their actors and used SU as an example. I used the word "trend" to describe what happened with Jason Ritter and then later cartoons casting adults that don't sound like children.

>ever hear of Lisa simpson the woman doesn't even change her voice
Wait, so they cast someone who sounds like a child? WHOA, YOU SURE SHOWED ME. It's not like I fucking wrote several posts ago that the standard practice in cartoons is to cast women to do children's voices! Simpson's is a great example of that as both Bart and Lisa are voiced by women. Thanks for proving my point that casting women who can sound like kids is better than casting adults who sound like adults.

>B-but Bart Simpson doesn't sound like a real kid!!!1
Fuck off. You know exactly what I mean when I refer to a cartoon kid who sounds like a cartoon kid and not a 30-year old man.
>>
Are there really people who disliked this? I thought it was good.
>>
>>94754937
Yeah trend, that's a simplification used for strawmaning you fucking twit

>>94754937
>WHOA, YOU SURE SHOWED ME.
Yes in more ways than one I did.
Do you really think that Lisa simpson actually sounds like a child you need to get out more. In fact stop watching cartoons because your sense of reality is really warped if you think characters like rap wiggum actually sound like real children.
>>94754937
>Fuck off. You know exactly what I mean when I refer to a cartoon kid who sounds like a cartoon kid and not a 30-year old man.
Only after you can stop making some silly precident that cartoon kids sounds this way because that what you grew up with.
Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>94754937
Isn't it funny how Bart grew up he still sounded like he was 10? Oh yeah, I guess they could have used a 30 yr old man for that job huh? BY your standards I mean.
>>
>>94754968
I liked it, but Scrooge's voice is still too high for me, Donald's VA is hard to understand at times, Webby was clearly meant to bank on Mable's popularity, and HLD are pretty annoying in general (voices, designs, characters, affect on the story). Also I felt that some gags would have been better if they're weren't dragged out for so long, like when Donald was trying to save whatever nephew was crossing the bridge, and I'm not even referring to the part where he just stood in the laser's path either.
>>
>>94754896
>movie critics go to school to learn about acting so they can become movie critics
They... don't, Anon. I really hate to burst your bubble, but they don't and you're the only one who thinks they do.
>Family Guy wasn't cancelled because ratings
http://ew.com/article/2005/04/18/brief-history-family-guy/
>Sept. 23, 1999 The show launches its second season in a new time slot, Thursday at 9 p.m., against NBC’s Frasier — and is officially walloped by the good doctor.
>March 7, 2000 The show returns from a three-month hiatus in a new time slot, Tuesday at 8:30 p.m., against ABC’s Who Wants to Be a Millionaire — and is officially walloped by Regis Philbin and his tie collection.
It died during its next season, Anon. Again, I'm sorry to shatter the dream world you've been living in, but this is a fact that only an autist like you could ever deny.

>why do you think tim and Eric awesome show got to keep going?
You mean that show that actually got decent in its first season and aired during a low-risk time block where ratings don't seem to matter as much to the network involved? That same show that generated viral video clips for their YouTube page and drew new viewers to the network?

>All you have is a child like understanding of how things work.
Again, the irony is palpable.
>>
>>94754920
Wait, so I wrote Steven Universe by mistake and you STILL couldn't figure out that I was talking about Gravity Falls, even though I very specifically noted that I was talking about Jason Ritter's performance? Wow.
>>
File: DBS_Yardrat.png (447KB, 863x677px) Image search: [Google]
DBS_Yardrat.png
447KB, 863x677px
I never watched the original ducktales and probably stuck with darkwing duck but the voices were really jarring for me. I'm fine with everyone else except the nephews.
>>
>>94755117
>They... don't, Anon. I really hate to burst your bubble, but they don't and you're the only one who thinks they do.
Yes they do, why do think they have degrees but you wouldn't know that because you don't go to school, hence why they are perfesionals and you arent.
>>94755117
>It died during its next season, Anon. Again, I'm sorry to shatter the dream world you've been living in, but this is a fact that only an autist like you could ever deny.
And what were the ratings that last season? Cherry picking
>>94755117
>You mean that show that actually got decent in its first season and aired during a low-risk time block where ratings don't seem to matter as much to the network involved?
Yeah that one that proved that ratings didn't matter and their show stopped while they worked on old Spice commercials such a promotion anon. All you've proven is networks get the last say despite all.

>Again, the irony is palpable.
If only you knew how to use that word.
>>
>>94755139
Apperently and you'd still be wrong. If all you can do is point out a typo then you have no argument left. Go to bed kiddo.
>>
>>94754224
>but I still feel that Tennant sounds a bit young for the role.

He'll grow into it. The fact that he seems so happy to have the role means he'll probably stick with it until Disney fires him or he dies.
>>
>>94755025
>Do you really think that Lisa simpson actually sounds like a child you need to get out more.
Holy shit. Substitute "Bart Simpson" with "Lisa Simpson" and you said exactly what I predicted you'd say, you faggot. And guess what? My response is nearly the same:
>You know exactly what I mean when I refer to a cartoon kid who sounds like a cartoon kid and not a 30-year old woman
I never said that the triplets should sound like actual real-life kids. No one did. The expectation is for them to sound like the equivalent of a child in that show's universe, which they don't. No one looks at an adolescent cartoon duck and expects them to sound absolutely normal. There's a reason they never did before (save for that abomination Quack Pack).

>Only after you can stop making some silly precident that cartoon kids sounds this way because that what you grew up with.
No, Anon. Cartoon kids should sound like cartoon kids, period, whether they're voiced by actual kids or women doing impressions. It has nothing to do with what I grew up with and everything to do with the common sense that until recent years has pervaded (and again, still persists in shows like Steven Universe where, regardless of the actor's age now, he's still TRYING to sound like a kid).
>>
Why can't /co/ enjoy anything

It is getting depressing nowadays
>>
>>94755263
Because everything new is shit, maybe?
>>
>>94755054
>Isn't it funny how Bart grew up he still sounded like he was 10? Oh yeah, I guess they could have used a 30 yr old man for that job huh? BY your standards I mean
Now you're just trolling. Bart has never aged and he was cast during a time where using women to voice little boys was super common (and let's pretend it isn't still, but Gravity Falls showed that Disney doesn't give a fuck if a child lead character sounds like a grown-ass man).
>>
>>94755243
>Holy shit. Substitute "Bart Simpson" with "Lisa Simpson" and you said exactly what I predicted you'd say, you faggot. And guess what? My response is nearly the same:
Yeah it's using your logic against you, giant man baby.
So you pretend to be a retard only to find out that pretending to be retarded is still retarded? Yup you are retarded then.
>>94755243
>I never said that the triplets should sound like actual real-life kids. No one did. The expectation is for them to sound like the equivalent of a child in that show's universe, which they don't.
No but you made the retarded judgement that there is a one that only you approve of, which is what also makes your hypocritical statement part of your retarded strawman. >>94755243
>No, Anon. Cartoon kids should sound like cartoon kids, period, whether they're voiced by actual kids or women doing impressions. It has nothing to do with what I grew up with and everything to do with the common sense that until recent years has pervaded (and again, still persists in shows like Steven Universe where, regardless of the actor's age now, he's still TRYING to sound like a kid).
Oh and what's that? A various of voices that sound different from each other, wow seems like you get pissy regardless.
This is why no one listens to you be regardless of what they sound it's a fucking cartoon, and that cartoon can do anything it pleases and getting huffy over the voices is what makes you an autistic retard.
>>
>>94755273
>Now you're just trolling. Bart has never aged and he was cast during a time where using women to voice little boys was super common (and let's pretend it isn't still, but Gravity Falls showed that Disney doesn't give a fuck if a child lead character sounds like a grown-ass man).
>never saw the episodes where you see the simpsons life in the future
Ok you are done here.
>>
>>94752838
>>94755273
Dipper's voice was just about perfect for the character, though.
>>
>>94755273
It's nice arguing with you buy I gotta finish work>>94755243
>>
>>94755180
>Yes they do, why do think they have degrees but you wouldn't know that because you don't go to school, hence why they are perfesionals and you arent.
Going to films school has never been a requirement for being a film critic nor will it ever be. Join the real world, "kiddo".

>perfesionals
You sure had fun pointing out that Gravity Falls typo, didn't you? Meanwhile, you spell like a sperg in every single post. I wonder if that's indicative of anything.

>Cherry picking
Not reading the article I linked to where you could find the answer yourself, you fuckwit.

>Yeah that one that proved that ratings didn't matter
In time block where ratings traditionally don't matter as they do normally, yes.

>All you've proven is networks get the last say despite all.
All you've proven is a lack of basic reading comprehension.

>If only you knew how to use that word.
No, I'm pretty sure I'm using it correctly when I say it is ironic that you resort to leveling these third-grade level insults at me ("kiddo", "you never went to school") while you yourself childishly misspell basic words and make assertions that have no place in reality, such as "critics go to school to study acting to become film critics".
>>
>>94755353
>buy
>>
>>94755372
>Going to films school has never been a requirement for being a film critic nor will it ever be. Join the real world, "kiddo".
Who said film school, just going to school and taking theater classes is enough you moron. It doesn't take much to be a critic but it sure takes more than what you bring to the table which says alot.
>You sure had fun pointing out that Gravity Falls typo, didn't you? Meanwhile, you spell like a sperg in every single post. I wonder if that's indicative of anything.
I didn't say anything about that other than ok you made a typo, dosent change the fact you are focusing on typos to try to change the subject.
>In time block where ratings traditionally don't matter as they do normally, yes.
So ratings don't matter in the end thank you for proving my point.

>Not reading the article I linked to where you could find the answer yourself, you fuckwit.
Yet you seem to ignore the the rest of my point that proves you wrong like futurama. And that the season 3 turned out a whole lot better in the end. So your article was just to cherry pick a part of the larger issue.

>No, I'm pretty sure I'm using it correctly when I say it is ironic that you resort to leveling these third-grade level insults at me ("kiddo", "you never went to school") while you yourself childishly misspell basic words and make assertions that have no place in reality, such as "critics go to school to study acting to become film critics".
What word you are looking for is hypocritical and even then you are wrong, even typos go all you've shown is ypu are master of crawling up your own ass with no idea what the real world is like.
>>
>>94755413
Here comes the grammar natzi
He loses an argument but at least your grammar is bad
Here comes the typo faggot

Has no argument but you mistyped some thing so there's that
>>
>>94755612
>just going to school and taking theater classes is enough you moron.
You are settings new records for how much of a fool one can make themselves look on 4chan. You are actually suggesting that film critics take theater classes in order to qualify themselves to judge acting.

You imbecile.

I shouldn't have to do this, but because I'm still holding onto the tiniest sliver of hope for you, here's why you are wrong, Anon: because you can't find a single example of a film critic who had to have special film or acting-related education in order to become a film critic. A minute or two of research could show you that the late Roger Ebert, the world's most famous film critic, had an education that was geared towards journalism (he worked as a reporter while attending The University of Illinois)--not acting, not film theory, not anything at all to do with film criticism. Literally the only preparation he had for critiquing films was his college English studies and his job as a reporter. In order words, he was an average joe--NOT someone who went to school to judge acting.

But he's just one example. I don't have to dig up the education history of, say, Leonard Maltin, or any other number of famous, well-respected critics you easily google yourself (but won't because it will expose how transparent your argument is).

>So ratings don't matter in the end thank you for proving my point.
Ratings don't matter AS MUCH in THAT SPECIFIC BLOCK. Stop being this thick.

> ypu are master of crawling up your own ass with no idea what the real world is like.
Hilarious.
>>
>>94755790
>You are actually suggesting that film critics take theater classes in order to qualify themselves to judge acting.
Since you aren't one you wouldn't know

>I shouldn't have to do this, but because I'm still holding onto the tiniest sliver of hope for you, here's why you are wrong, Anon: because you can't find a single example of a film critic who had to have special film or acting-related education in order to become a film critic. A minute or two of research could show you that the late Roger Ebert, the world's most famous film critic, had an education that was geared towards journalism (he worked as a reporter while attending The University of Illinois)--not acting, not film theory, not anything at all to do with film criticism. Literally the only preparation he had for critiquing films was his college English studies and his job as a reporter. In order words, he was an average joe--NOT someone who went to school to judge acting.
Ok here is where you are wrong and again I never said film school, you did, since that's what you think education for acting is from. And did you know that literacy covers things like shakespear and this "average joe" was not an average Joe since average Joe got a degree in journalism that in fact is reporting? Reporting on things like entertainment, and along with his many classes you think he only took journalism? And did I say you had to major in specific acting classes alone? No I said you had to take a class or two in theater, that was it, I also pointed out that since you had none you bring nothing new to the table but less for being so unqualified.

Also since ratings are just an exception when you say so it really points out that you don't know shit, Or how the business works. You are some hapless anon on 4chan bitching about someone else's acting with no idea how to perform himself while thinking, "since I watch so many cartoons I am fully qualified to give critism with out any actual evidence to my claim."
>>
>>94755790
>Roger Ebert
>went to school
> entire argument was you don't need school to be a critic
Really makes you think.
>>
Scrooge Donald and Launchpad were all great and I don't really see how you can talk shit on them.

The kids just need better jokes but that will come and go on an episode by episode basis. First ep was fine.
>>
>>94754337
No it's dumb, they're trying to emulate an old comic strip, but they're too lazy to go all the way IE put shading under the chin and what-not

is this nitpicking? hell yes, but it's still true.
>>
The kids sound too old, and Scrooge sounds too young.
>>
>>94753904
>That's quite an assumption to make about someone you have never met and know absolutely nothing about.

welcome to 4chan, unfortunately
>>
File: Creeper in a tree.gif (2MB, 240x213px) Image search: [Google]
Creeper in a tree.gif
2MB, 240x213px
>>
>>94752640
Because no duck voices anon.
>>
>>94754428
not him but she used it while fighting the henchmen in atlantis
>>
i liked it a lot
>>
>Adults Voicing Acting as Kids is Haram Now
>Get kid VAs, have to deal with the inevitability of then experiencing puberty and having their voice undergo changes.
>Have to deal with special restrictions when with a kid VA (Can't work as much as adult VAs) as well as child actor protection laws
>Get an adult VA, voice never changes and won't have to deal with special guidelines when handling them
>The fact that most child actors suck and doubly more for child VAs
Never change /co/.
>>
>>94752640
Donald is the same Donald we know and love but he's too unintelligible at times.

The nephews are okay but I would have liked it more if Russi Taylor voiced them again.

I really like the new Scrooge and I would be okay with it if he stuck around after this show but he sounds a little too high pitched at times. Only slightly though.

All the other characters sound fine.
>>
>>94752640
It's Gravity Falls all over again
>Insufferable jaded boys
>One frame per movement
>Muh character conflict
>Mabel 2.0 shoehorned in
>Telefilm-tier music
>Awkward plot pacing
>Constant yelling

I hope it'll improve.
>>
I think everything sounds fine and I enjoyed the show. The only real problem I have is his rival being generitc and unfunny.
>>
>>94753803
You're a retard.
>You can't say this movie has bad dialogue because you're not a screenwriter
>>
>>94752640
The acting itself is actually quite strong, they all have strong delivery. It's the voices that are all wrong, they don't sound like ducks or like kids, except maybe Ben Schwartz since at least his voice is nasal, loud, and energetic.
>>
>>94752640
Cause they hate boys being voiced by women and girls sounding cute now, so they have adults doing manchild voces instead
>>
>>94754076
The Triplets & Webby in 1980s cartoon were all voiced by the same woman. Its reason why there's literally no personality behind any of them.
>>
The voices are fine if you think of them as being 14 or 15. If they're explicitly stated to be younger than that then yeah, the voices are inappropriate.
>>
File: 1466788467844.gif (473KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466788467844.gif
473KB, 500x600px
>>94753808
>pastel is depressing
>>
>>94759619
>Cause they hate boys being voiced by women
Good
I hated hearing the same 5 voices on every single child in the late 90s-mid 00s
>>
>>94753808
Webby is much more like Lola Bunny from the New Loony Toons than Mabel.
>>
>>94755263
its a reflection of society at large where anything can be construed as offensive or triggering to the millenial snowflakes of the world
>>
They don't want to deal with child actors growing up or paying for decent VA's that have range but cost extra.
>>
>>94759864
>paying for decent VA
so they hire a bunch of celebrities who probably cost way more because instead of voicing a cartoon they could be off making millions in the tv/movie industry
>>
>>94759928
Celebrities are always seen as worth a greater cost as executives feel it adds to free marketing. People know who Kristen Schaal is. People love Kristen Schaal. Ergo, executives believe that people are more willing to watch a show with Kristen Schaal over some literally who voice actor.

If people hear a kid voice come out of those characters nobody will give it much though, but if you hear Kristen distinct voice people will think "Oh hey, it's Kristen" and will generate more interest. Or at least this is what they believe.
>>
Some people will complain about anything.
>>
>>94754720
Irl ducks are rapists with penchant for homosexuality and necrophilia

Tumblr might actually be spot on with shipping this time
>>
This is some ridiculous falseflag-thread to have a discussion about Ducktales.
But it's working, so good for Disney.
>>
>>94752640
Actually their delivery is all on point. You're just put off by the adult men voicing the boys. I'm not. Different strokes.
>>
>>94759782
You're not making her sound better.
>>
>>94760410
I'm not trying to. It's a common "subversive" trope nowadays to get female characters to play against their traditional type; make them psychos/autistic encyclopedists. The ur example of this was Helga from Hey Arnold, but it's become increasingly common to the point where it's a trope in and of itself.
>>
>>94760373
>actually men voicing boys is on point because my standards are lower
Very cool.
>>
File: 1492107085019.png (340KB, 649x451px) Image search: [Google]
1492107085019.png
340KB, 649x451px
>>94752640
>tfw person who worked on this browser /co/
>tfw she liked a lewd greentext that I wrotte for samurai jack and made it a 4 page comic

Also, the show looks good, waiting for a dub to whatch with my little bro.
>>
>>94753943
>this argument again
Never gets old. Pack it up, boys. You can never criticize anything unless you're a master of that particular field.
>>
>>94760554
Asinine statement. Men voicing boys and women voicing boys both demand that you suspend your disbelief, because neither sound like boys. The only person who would claim the latter do is severely autistic. If they can believably give off a youthful flair then it's fine by me. I've been a baritone since I was 11 and these men almost sound younger than me at that age.
>>
>>94752640
The weird thing is that Scrooge and the triplets had perfect voices in Duck the Halls but they didn't go for those VAs in the reboot. I guess they wanted more star power, but what kid cares about David Tennant and some modern SNL people?
>>
File: latest.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>94760721
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.