[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything I need to read before Johns' Green Lantern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: bvscereal1.jpg (244KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
bvscereal1.jpg
244KB, 800x800px
Is there anything I need to read before Johns' Green Lantern or is it a good jumping on point?
>>
You need to read Emerald Dawn II (critical since it contains Sinestro's origin and sets the stage for Geoff's take on him), Emerald Twilight, Zero Hour, the first six issues of Kyle Rayner as Green Lantern (#51-55 and #0), Green Lantern #146-150 and Last Will and Testement of Hal Jordan (as these roll back the death of Killowag and the Guardians, plus introduce the concept of Ion), and Day of Judgement #1-5.

Also, when you start reading Geoff's GL run, around issue #10 IIRC (right when the "One Year Later" time skip happens) you need to read the 12 issue Ion mini-series (which has a plot point critical to Sinestro Corps War) and Infinite Crisis #1-7 and JLA #114-119.
>>
Don't listen to this guy >>94752382 besides the Ion suggestion because it directly ties in. Stuff like Infinite Crisis gets recapped for you eventually. You don't need to actually read it even if it means things will resonate better emotionally later on. From experience, this was basically my first main comic run I read and I got it fine without having read any of that.

Honestly I think even Rebirth itself is debatable because it's mostly continuity cleanup and not very introductory. But the suggestion is Rebirth first then GLC Recharge, then you just kind of read GL and GLC ongoings until Sinestro Corps War where they crossover a bit. There are some spotlight issues to that so you'll generally want a list.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.