[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So then anyone notice how the attempted X-men Gold crossover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 484809._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (594KB, 1280x1968px) Image search: [Google]
484809._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
594KB, 1280x1968px
So then anyone notice how the attempted X-men Gold crossover story made no sense in the context of the ongoing Secret Empire story line? In fact while we're on the subject the Hydra take over of the U.S seemed to happen within the space of panel and suddenly mutant are on a reservation.
>>
To me the whole Secret Empire story line has seemed rather rushed and as a consequence not very well thought out.
>>
>>94744635

this book is very bad, but one of the worst things is that 2 kids died and Kitty pretty much didnt give a shit, the next issue was a romance with Colossus issue (and so was the issue in which the kids died)

When Emma had students killed, it was extremely traumatic for her. For Kitty it is like, lol, lets flirt with my x boyfriend.
>>
>>94744635
Gold is shit. Blue is shit. Secret Empire crossover cost them both, what, 7k readers? It's absurd. The line as a whole has no direction, picking deportation as the hot button issue was shortsighted, they didn't even get into it in favor of a whiplash attack. Jean Grey is okay, but the title character is by far the worst part about the book. Iceman is okay if you're a gay guy from 2001 who still hasn't come out yet. Cable was a catastrofuck.

The Wolverine books are pretty okay and Gen X... Well... it's not as bad as the rest of the line, but the art is a little rough. I don't care about most of the team as of yet, but Jubilee so I can't hate it. It's a sad fucking state of affairs to be honest. I love the X-Men, I hate it when they get stuck in these bad times for so many years.
>>
A mess of a book's tie-in with a mess of a crossover event was a mess. Shocking.
>>
>>94745029
Oh, and Astonishing is pretty alright, but changing artists every issue is industry cancer so despite okay writing fuck that book to hell as well.
>>
>>94744790
Definitely, this is also supposed to take place when the Darkforce Dimension barrier is in place. When the barrier comes down UMMM HELLO?!? HYDRA IS STILL IN CONTROL OF THE COUNTRY. I like how the writer just hand waived that one away hoping we would forget about it.
>>
>>94745076
>>94744664
None of the X-related books feel properly connected to Secret Empire at all. It seems like no one sat down and told everyone what the political status of New Tian is.
>>
>>94745145
Yes it's almost as if the X writer got a two line overview of what Secret Empire is supposed to be and told to get on with writing something for it.
>>
>>94745145
We are also lead to believe the whole New Tian thing happened over night will presumably Kitty and company are jacking off at the X mansion.
>>
>>94745257
We're also supposed to believe that Magneto and Emma didn't fight this tooth and nail a literal concentrating of all the mutants and the world's most powerful Jew just sits there? For some reason?
>>
>>94745359
Not even sitting there, he's hiding out in Madripoor doing very little it would appear other than sending the X-babies off to get killed.
>>
>>94745433
And Emma, she was present for Genosha, now she's teaming up with Bastion?! Fuck the actual what?
>>
>>94745029
>>94745059

I agree with you, I bought Blue for Emma but I am now going back to not buying neither Blue nor Gold.
I also didnt like Danger making fun of Marrow and Wolfsbane, and Firestar looking pathetic for Angel.

I do like Astonishing quite a lot (even though I think many x men fans are badly predisposed to it because it is writter by Soule), and I kinda like Generation X too.
I hope Cable is good with the new writer and new team (Blink, Armor, Doop, Longshot, Shatterstar)
>>
>>94745508
God I hope Newer Mutants is good. I love Shatterstar to death, Rictor not being in the lineup is... uhhh.... confusing?
>>
>>94745488
>now she's teaming up with Bastion?
Bastion is a good guy now. His goal is to save mutantkind so that centuries from now, they will be a large enough population for him to genocide. He can't kill mutants if they're extinct.
>>
>>94746101
And Emma, who watched two and a half classes of students burn, is like 'oh yeah sure, I'm okay with this'? It's beyond wildly out of character, it's basically character assassination. After the Wild Sentinels she should be fight on sight with their magenta asses.
>>
>>94746277
She wants to make more mutants. Bastion and Miss Sinister want to help her make more mutants. It'd be rude to turn down their help.
>>
>>94746329
Right so in summary wildly improbable characterization with just minutest germ of explainawayableness then?
>>
>>94746329
>>94746277
>>94746700

Is Lady Sinister even evil if she is not Sinister anymore?
Does she even know about genetics?
How does she know of Mothervine?

It is funny how the Inhumans are getting a Mr Sinister arc in Secret Warriors while the X-Men have bargain bin fapbait Sinister.

I do admit she has the looks of a great Black Queen. Xorn Havok Emma and Claudine Renko could be a good hellfire club. The odd one out is Bastion.
>>
>>94744790
It also had a bunch of people die as a result of Gambit's actions and the only result is him feeling bad for two panels before Storm makes him feel better by kissing him and telling he isn't responsible for a bunch of deaths when he clearly is.

The book is exactly as bad as everyone assumed it would be.
>>
>>94745029
I appreciate that the Generation X writer as clearly read a lot of X-Men comics.

Doesn't make the writing good at all, but at least it's bad writing from someone who gives a shit.
>>
>>94745971
It's probably a version of Shatterstar from his early appearances.

X-23 not being in her Wolverine cosplay is a dead giveaway that it's a time-displaced team.

I just hope Blink's appearance doesn't shit on Exiles.
>>
>>94744664
You're a moron.
They were setting up HydraCap since that "Pleasant Hill" storyline,
that's well over a year ago.
Maybe if you pull your head out of your ass you'll be able to read the comics better.
>>
>>94744790
Goddamnit. This so much. I want the X-Kids to be fucking furious with Kitty. Hell, this would be a great place to actually start a new book, where a bunch of students, mainly ones who were around in M-Day start their own team to defend themselves against these kinds of people.

Also, that villain was one of the most shitty ones to come out this year. "Oh look at me, I am a serial killer who has murdered kids and now you should feel sympathy for me because mine were killed because mutants tried to defend themselves from robots that would have exterminated them and saved the lives of men, women and children". I wish someone would have just beat him up and ripped apart his argument.
>>
>>94747545
Oh you silly twat, my comment is in regards to how quickly Hydra has encompassed the U.S, where seemingly a mutant homeland has sprung up over night, where the whole fucking social political economic situation seemingly revised in the a matter minutes. I'm not fucking referring to the build up to Secret Empire which incidentally I'm well aware began with Pleasant Hill. Try in future reading the entire fucking thread before stupidly commenting on one post, I'll give you a clue I have contributed to this thread on multiple occasions, dumbass.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.