[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you rank the smartest people of the Marvel Universe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: smartest.jpg (269KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
smartest.jpg
269KB, 1600x800px
Pic-related is how I'd order it.
>>
>>94739646
Swap Banner with Stark.
>>
>>94739646
Theres no point in trying to rank geniuses in Marvel anymore given how every other character is an intellect and how inconsistent the writing is. Just rank Reed as #1 and be done with it. Also fuck that Moon Girl nonsense
>>
Should characters with artificially encanced intelligence (Leader, MODOK, Kree Supreme Intelligence) be put up there too?
>>
>>94739646
By sex and skin color. Moon Girl and Riri first, the rest are unimportant.
>>
>>94739646
Cho 1 St rest doesn t matter
>>
>>94739646
Makes sense, but this also makes me wonder why not a single one of the smartest people in the universe are not from Earth.
I know, I know, Earth being a special place is a thing in both Marvel and DC, but still.
>>
>>94739646
This is just another version of "who would win in a fight?" It really doesn't matter
>>
>>94739646
What has Black Panther actually invented with his intelligence?
>>
>>94739975
Could Galactus be up there?
>>
>>94739988
A way to defeat Doom during Doomwar
>>
>>94740010
>Moon Girl(that is literally her power)
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Moon Girl(that is literally her power)
Mr Fantastic=Doom
Blue Marvel
Black Panther
Iron Man
Pym
Amadeus Cho(7th smartest person in the world)
Beast
Banner
>>
>>94740031
Even Luke Cage did that, and his plan was "I will go to Latveria and beat him).

I'm talking about scientifical achievements. What did he invent? In which field he is relevant?
>>
>>94740038
Yeah she's an Inhuman. The Leader is also smart because of his powers but nobody bitches about that.
>>
If there's one little girl who deserves to be on the list, it sure ain't Moon Girl/
>>
>>94740068
Doing a puzzle doesn't mean she's smarter than Reed RIchards. It just means she's autistic.
>>
>>94740061
>T'Challa is also a polymath genius and has an eidetic (aka photographic) memory[citation needed]. His genius is as such that he is one of the eight smartest people on Earth.[135] He possesses accomplishments such as a PhD in physics from Oxford University. He also combined alchemy with science to create a new scientific field called Shadow Physics, a dangerous discipline which allowed him to track Vibranium on a quantum level, craft weapons which would be particularly effective against Vibranium, and create an unstable teleportation device which at the time ripped apart anyone using it with great healing ability.
>>
>>94739944
Don't forget the High Evolutionary, Maximus the Mad, Mister Sinister, the Mad Thinker, the Wizard, Doctor Octopus, Norman Osborn
>>
Now who would make a DC list? Bruce Wayne? Lex Luthor? Mister Teriffic? Ted Kord? Ray Palmer? TO Morrow? Anthony Ivo?
>>
>>94740106
Wasn't the Mad Thinker already super smart on his own?
>>
>>94740103
The genius whose one accomplishment is one teleport device that doesn't work.

Great.
>>
>>94740103
Reminds me I want to storytime Doomwar some day.
>>
If we can count dead characters, how about Abraham Erskine? Also, where would the Smythes rank in this?
>>
>>94739947
Moon Girl works better as a villain. We hardly get any female black villains.
>>
>>94740222
And they could do the evil dinosaur thing from Nextwave
>>
>>94739646
I'll never understand why Beast and Banner get forced onto these lists so hard.
>>
>>94740103
Yeah except he never actually does anything scientific in the comics, it's always tacked on but barely ever explored.

It isn't a racial thing either; I think Beast is also curiously without any actual accomplishments. For like twenty years they'd show Hank McCoy puzzling over some sciency thing but NEVER SOLVING ANYTHING.

Mr Fantastic, Doom, Pym, Stark... they actually DO things and have storylines based around scientific exploits. T'Challa and Hank McCoy are just said to be smart as an attempt to raise their characters above C-list status. For 25 years Hank McCoy's only personality trait was saying that dumb catchphrase. T'Challa is at least two-dimensional otherwise but they still feel the need to say "oh he's a scientific GEEEEENIUS too". Nah.
>>
Being the biggest genius in the Marvel Universe only means you'll be the first create something that will enslave/terrorize people when it's stolen or misused.

At least being a big dumb fucking strong guy has use in a world where stuff falls from the sky or you need to break into something. Smart just means you'll be an antagonist *eventually*.
>>
>>94740141
Dr.Sivana would definitely be up there.
>>
File: portrait_incredible.jpg (20KB, 216x324px) Image search: [Google]
portrait_incredible.jpg
20KB, 216x324px
I believe Moon Girl is, in canon, the smartest person in the marvel universe. Followed by Riri as second smartest.
>>
>>94740355
Beast at least built that time machine.

T'Challa is stuck with "useless teleporting machine".
>>
>>94740365
Pretty much who was in the Illuminati became a villain at one point.
>>
>>94740427
You mean most annoying and second most annoying.
>>
>>94739646
I think it's Doom, he understands magic and science and public administration
>>
>>94740050

Moongirl is only the smartest person on Earth because Rees is currently in space and without Richards to compete with, Doom is stagnating.
>>
>>94740167
Did you skip over the part where he created a new scientific field?
>>
>>94740355
Yeah I can admit that. T'Challa's intelligence is a thing often forgtten about.
>>
>>94740427

I really hate this.
It's not because she's Black or because she's female either. It's because she's a goddamn child.

"The smartest person on the planet is just a little kid!" is a dumb fucking trope and only ever works in comedy shit like Dexter's Lab or KND, not something in a universe that wants to take itself seriously.
>>
>>94740813
The scientific field of tracking vibranium.

It's like finding a way to spot waldo instantly and calling it a field of science.
>>
>>94740873
Hey if there's some sort of scientific or mathematics method to finding Waldo every time
http://geekologie.com/2015/02/the-math-behind-where-to-find-waldo-the.php
>>
File: bean me up scotty.jpg (372KB, 1128x2016px) Image search: [Google]
bean me up scotty.jpg
372KB, 1128x2016px
>>94740936
Fair enough, you win this round.
>>
>>94740873

Oh, so he "Invented" a field of science that was only ever useful to himself.
>>
>>94740873
And craft weapons that would be useful against Vibranium and built a teleportation device from it. There are endless applications and possible offshoots to this stuff.
>>
>>94740835
It could still work in a lot of scenarios IMO, but all of them involve the kid being metahumanly intelligent, not naturally.
The idea of smartest is pointless anyways. You gotta take into account most of these characters are scientists, and it's not like they should be equally intelligent in all fields. Then you add in the fact that these characters can only be as smart as the writer can make them, and they pass from one writer to the next, making it all pointless and inconsistent.
>>
>>94739691
Even Doom admitted in some ways Banner is smarter than he is.
>>
>>94739947
You forgot Nadia and her cadre of interchangeable brown super genius lesbians.

>>94740068
Moon Girl's shithuman power is being able to bodyswap with DD. The smartness thing is unrelated to her actual powers.

>>94740740
I really wish that was the case (actually I don't; I don't think she deserves to be on the list anywhere near the top at this point), but Marvel's PR actively disagrees with you and puts her above Reed.
>>
>>94740070
THIS
>>
>>94739646
So when has any Marvel character done something that could make you actually believe they had an IQ over 200? Like who's a genius in the Marvel universe that actually does something genius?
>>
>>94740427
>smartest person in the world
>says "evolution is just a theory"
>>
Who are the smartest people to have written for Marvel comics?
>>
>>94742111
>In a world where Inhumans, Atlanteans, Eternals and other races have kept historical records proving humankind's evolutionary progress.
>>
>>94741976
>You forgot Nadia and her cadre of interchangeable brown super genius lesbians.
I don't think any of them rate though.
>>
>>94740427
>Moon Girl is, in canon, the smartest person in the marvel universe
Correct.

>Followed by Riri
Incorrect.
>>
>>94742416
They shouldn't, but then, neither should Riri or Lunella.
>>
>>94742520
We have yet to have any kind of confirmation one way or the other that Riri rates. The most we've had is Riri's appearance in Lunella's book where Riri tried to talk down to Lunella and Lunella put that cunt in her place.

Lunella, however, is The Smartest There Is (since Reed and Valeria are off-world) and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>94742181
Ta Nehisi Coates.
>>
File: fuck you, Marvel PR.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you, Marvel PR.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>94742570
>since Reed and Valeria are off-world
http://marvel.com/videos/watch/6251
>>
File: leader.jpg (29KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
leader.jpg
29KB, 640x360px
>>94739646

>tfw too intelligent for ranking lists
>>
>>94741952
Like what?
>>
>>94743420
Remember when he created a gamma mutant that could talk to God?
>>
>>94739646
Reed is not currently in the Marvel universe, Moon Girl is first until he gets back.
>>94740050
Amadeus Cho was ranked by a computer program so anyone who avoided recognition (Peter Parker or new Wasp for example) would not be listed to check against him plus he accepted he was 8th (below Hank Pim) in the Dark Reign Mighty Avengers run.
>>
>Everyone forgets Magneto is a genius
>>
>>94739646
Pym is too high, Banner should be third and Pym should be after Stark but before McCoy. I guess Moon Girl comes after Cho? How about Valeria Richards?
>>
>>94744373
>Adult Valeria
>Reed
>Moon Girl
>Doom
>Child Valeria
>Banner
>Pym
>Stark
>T'Challa
>McCoy
>Cho
>>
>>94743822
Genius just means that you have an IQ over 140. Spider-Man's IQ is over 250.
>>
>no Maker
>no High Evolutionary
>no Mr Sinister
Remove Cho and Tchalla and put them.
>>
>>94739735
Nah man Doom is way smarter than Reed. Fucker's hateboner for reed just fucks himself over.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.