[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel digest series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: MCD_cover.jpg (163KB, 630x847px) Image search: [Google]
MCD_cover.jpg
163KB, 630x847px
So I just heard about these today, are they worth checking out? I heard they collect a bunch of differant stories from differant continuites for various characters, depending on which book you buy. Does DC have something similar to these as well?
>>
I don't know, but ideally you should be able to research the issues contained and then look up the stories to see if they're worth reading to you.
>>
I think I saw a spider man one at Kmart
It just reprinted a few marvel adventures issues and then one old 60s issue
>>
>>94738298

Yeah I will probably do that as well, was planning on buying some of these anyway just for fun. If theres a dc equivalent to these somewhere I'd be interested in looking those up as well. That or buy some essential esque books for certain characters.
>>
>>94738418
Reprints/Collects:
The Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #38
The Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #156
The Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #157
The Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #158
The Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #159
Marvel Adventures Spider-Man (2005) #2
Marvel Adventures Spider-Man (2005) #3
Marvel Age Spider-Man (2004) #1
Marvel Age Spider-Man (2004) #6
Marvel Universe Ultimate Spider-Man (2012) #1
Marvel Universe Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors (2015) #8
Meh.
>>
>>94738561

These look ok to me, I'm not too fussy about what kind of stories they contain. I'll try pretty much anything. Thanks for posting these.
>>
>>94738418
They're specifically targeted at kids and the kind of people who don't read comics or go to comic stores.

It's kind of a new experiment that DC doesn't have an equivalent to yet. Marvel had to team with Archie to print these because that's the only way they could get around Diamond's distribution monopoly.
>>
>>94739592

Oh I see, I tried googling some stuf but DC doesn't really have naything similar like you said. Maybe one day they will. I'm new to comics so these are a good option for me I think.
>>
>>94738258
I bought the spidey one the second it hit the shelves. I've frantically searched around for the avengers one with no luck. These digests are the first thing I've bought from marvel since 2013. I'm happy to see something other than Archie in digest form for once.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.