[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JUSTICE LEAGUE Spoilers (Post-Reshoots)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 412
Thread images: 43

File: Justice League.jpg (561KB, 2048x1408px) Image search: [Google]
Justice League.jpg
561KB, 2048x1408px
Steppenwolf's mission is to harvest planets with a machine that drains natural resources and beams them up to Apokolips through a portal created by three ancient Mother Boxes. He attempts to harvest Earth in pre-historic times, but is defeated due to an unexpected alliance between the amazons, the atlanteans and Green Lantern Abin Sur to defend the humans. The Mother Boxes are left behind and split among the three kingdoms.

On present day, Bruce Wayne arrives on Amnesty Bay to recruit Aquaman to his team, but Aquaman refuses. In London, Wonder Woman foils a hostage crisis, then receives a message from Hyppolita asking for help. She arrives on Themyscira just as Steppenwolf returns to Earth and reclaims the Amazons' Mother Box. Alfred has been monitoring alien activity on Earth and learned that several scientists have been kidnapped by Parademons.

Steppenwolf attacks Atlantis and steals their Mother Box. Aquaman attempts to stop him, but fails. Wonder Woman then returns to Gotham to ask Batman for help. Batman recruits the Flash, while Wonder Woman approaches Cyborg, who refuses. While Cyborg is away, his father Silas Stone is captured by the Parademons and the humans' Mother Box is also stolen. Cyborg joins the team as they meet Commissioner James Gordon, who has found the Parademons' nest in an abandoned tunnel between Metropolis and Gotham.
>>
File: JL.jpg (377KB, 1382x2048px) Image search: [Google]
JL.jpg
377KB, 1382x2048px
The team goes there, but are ambushed by Steppenwolf and nearly killed before Aquaman saves them. They rescue the scientists and learn from Silas that Steppenwolf has stolen Superman's body in order to harvest the Codex and enhance the Parademons with Superman's powers. Steppenwolf and the Parademons attack the Kryptonian scout ship in Metropolis, but the team intervenes. Superman returns and repels Steppenwolf, but is overwhelmed and flees. Wonder Woman learns that the Harvester is buried in an abandoned town in Venezuela and the team heads there to stop him. Steppenwolf activates the machine and begins draining the Earth, causing widespread destruction. Superman briefly reunites with Lois Lane and Martha Kent in Smallville before leaving to save Metropolis and then join the battle in Venezuela.

Superman and Aquaman defeat Steppenwolf, who is killed by Wonder Woman, while Batman disables the Harvester, Flash rounds up the Parademons and Cyborg reverses the portal created by Mother Boxes, sending them away. The team are celebrated as heroes for saving the world and form the Justice League. Superman reunites with Lois, Batman returns to Metropolis, Flash asks Iris West out on a date, Wonder Woman and Aquaman return the Mother Boxes to their rightful places, Cyborg makes amends with Silas, and the world is at peace.
>>
The Big Changes.

Lex Luthor has been entirely cut.
Henry Allen has been entirely cut.
Deathstroke has been entirely cut.
Darkseid has been entirely cut.

The Knightmare is not addressed.

Wonder Woman is present when Steppenwolf steals the Amazons' Mother Box from Themyscira and vows revenge. This was included to set up Steppenwolf's new death scene.

Additional scene of Alfred picking up Batman in Amnesty Bay after Aquaman rejects him.

Additional scene of Flash and Cyborg discussing their backgrounds on their way to the Parademons' nest and developing a bond.

The Harvester subplot was entirely added in reshoots, restructuring the third act which was originally just an alien invasion.

Superman's subplot is altered. Rather than flee from Metropolis due to self-doubt, he does it to see Lois and Martha and let them know he's fine before immediately joining the battle.

Additional scene of Superman saving Metropolis from the Harvester's effects and reassuring the people that everything will be fine.

Additional scene of Superman meeting Alfred before heading to Venezuela.

Cyborg's subplot is altered. Rather than doubt himself and be reassured by Batman, Cyborg is the one who rallies the League using a football metaphor that later inspires the team's name.

Steppenwolf's demisse is changed. Originally he'd be beamed back to Apokolips by Cyborg and executed by Darkseid for faiIing to conquer Earth. Now Wonder Woman will punch him into the Harvester's beam and disintegrate him.

Additional scene of Cyborg and Silas watching Cyborg's old college football games together.

Minor dialogue additions throughout.
>>
>>94728064
>Steppenwolf's demisse is changed. Originally he'd be beamed back to Apokolips by Cyborg and executed by Darkseid for faiIing to conquer Earth. Now Wonder Woman will punch him into the Harvester's beam and disintegrate him.

This is Whedon, alright.
>>
>>94728009
The Venezuela thing was revealed in a Funko Pop description, so either this is correct or developed from that. Sounds plausible to me.
>>
>>94728064
>Lex Luthor has been entirely cut.
>Henry Allen has been entirely cut.
>Deathstroke has been entirely cut.
>Darkseid has been entirely cut.

I'm okay with literally all of this. The movie was WAY too packed before. The fuck was Deathstroke even there to do?
>>
>>94728064
Isn't Henry Allen in the trailer...?
>>
>>94728238
A very old one, released even before Snyder quit and the reshoot started
>>
someone call screenrant,CBR,CB,comicbookcast2
>>
>>94728238
Yes, but it might not be in the final cut. That happens a lot.
>>
superman buried in smallville and the metropolis grave is empty

fake source
fake spoilers
gay
>>
>>94728064
son of a bich
>>
>>94728220
Pretty sure Deathsroke was suppose to break Led out of jail. And it was probably set up the Batman solo movie which was written by Geoff Johns and Affleck (said script was so terrible that it's been thrown in the trash. Now based Matt "Ape Kino" Reeves is rewriting it).
>>
>>94728064
>Superman's subplot is altered. Rather than flee from Metropolis due to self-doubt, he does it to see Lois and Martha and let them know he's fine before immediately joining the battle.
>Additional scene of Superman saving Metropolis from the Harvester's effects and reassuring the people that everything will be fine.

I fucking want this to be true. How long is it going to fucking take before Superman starts to sack up?
>>
>>94728145
Apparently Whedon didn't want to copy the Marvel method of leaving a cliffhanger and just wanted a complete story.
>>
>>94728380
I Think that scene should happen in the batman movie good cameo for deathstroke
>>
>>94728398
Stingers aren't the same as cliffhangers.
>>
File: 614681.gif (381KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
614681.gif
381KB, 500x300px
Probably fanfic as always but this is in the vein of Whedon's story beats. The over importance on Mother Boxes and the fact that Apokolips sat on its ass for all those years after their first defeat is still fucking stupid though. Also resource gathering? I guess Darkseid stopped giving a shit about wanting complete domination over creation
>>
File: 1500854469928.jpg (70KB, 424x424px) Image search: [Google]
1500854469928.jpg
70KB, 424x424px
>>94728064
>movie ends in the cheesiest way
>cuts Deathstroke cameo
>never explains nightmare shit
>cuts Cyborg daddy issues arc
>fight is in a remote area in the world
>cuts Steppenwolf getting omegaed for GURL POWER
Fucking reshoots always ruin the fucking movie. Just look what happened to Suicide Squad.
Zack Snyder did nothing wrong
>>
>>94728380
Would've been kinda nice to see live-action Deathstroke but I really don't think this movie needed another villain in it. Save that shit for whenever and focus on the main fucking plot.

>>94728397
Seriously, this is some good shit. I'm sick of self-doubting Supes. I know that Superman has doubts every once in a while, but it's not Superman when he's constantly fucking doing it.
>>
UNITE THE SEVEN
>>
>>94728009
>It's a giant portal in the sky episode.
>>
>>94728434
Doesn't pretty much every major motion picture these days go through reshoots?
>>
>>94728418
No. No it should not. It's stupid. It's as bad as the scene in BvS with Batman watching videos of the JL. It's clumsy cringy set-up.
>>
File: 1502775510340.png (673KB, 821x823px) Image search: [Google]
1502775510340.png
673KB, 821x823px
New Gods movie when?
>>
>>94728475
Hopefully soon. Get George fucking Miller on that shit and make it as classic Kirby as possible. Get that generic shit the fuck away from my New Gods.
>>
>>94728434
Reshoots didn't ruin that movie, the fucking revolving door of editors and giving the final cut to a team that edits trailers.
>>
>>94728482
>Thor Ragnarok is more Kirby than DCEU's New Gods
The fuck happened WB?
>>
>>94728466
Maybe that's why movies are so shit now
>>94728475
That stupid habsberg tier chin triggers my autism. Why didn't they just give him his beard?
>>
Wonder killer
Satanist and assassin
after killer thousands of german soldiers, she's killed again, again and again
>>
>>94728009
>>94728023
>>94728064
Pure kino.
>>
>>94728514
It's weird, certain Fourth World stuff looks fine like the boom tubes and Parademons but Steppenwolf and the motherboxes being allsparks look terrible
>>
>>94728482
>George Miller to direct.
Literally why? When will this meme end?
>>
>>94728064
Jesus fuck Cyborg is the blandest most predictably boring motherfucker ever. Honestly, what even are the must-read Cyborg solo arcs? What are some of his commendable exploits? What's his rogue gallery and how do they reflect on him as a character? Is Cyborg really nothing more than a walking LOL FOOTBALL joke?
>>
>>94728573
It was an old rumor that people latched on to.
>>
>>94728573
He was on the shortlist for a DCEU film. Can't remember which one, but anyways he's a great director that recently made an action movie so good it was nominated for best picture at the Academy Awards.
>>
>>94728625
I personally thought Fury Road was mediocore(ha), desu.
>>
>>94728638
Then you're in the minority, and not to mention it was loads better than anything in the DCEU.
>>
>>94728605
To be fair, DC has been trying to flesh him out with his solo book
>>
>>94728397
Based Whedon salvaging Supes.
>>
>>94728638
He's beloved by normies now and would help DCEU's rep.

I would say get James Cameron but he's busy making Avatar 2 through 7.
>>
File: 1452837817547.jpg (40KB, 415x367px) Image search: [Google]
1452837817547.jpg
40KB, 415x367px
>>94728009
>>94728023
>>94728064

oh my god oh Jesus

the rumors was true: Whedon is changing the movie
>>
>>94728669
For the better, it seems.
>>
>>94728669
No shit. Why do you think he was brought on? WB wanted him to make the JL movie more "fun" and "quippy" and in exchange Whedon gets to make his dream Batgirl movie.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (51KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
51KB, 720x480px
>>94728655
>flesh him out
I wonder who's behind this post...
>>
>>94728475
Why does he have to look like an alien.
>>
>>94728669

Good.
>>
So it's literally PORTAL IN THE SKY #69
>>
>>94728669
If Snyder didn't leave we could have had another masterpiece
>>
>>94728734
Maybe we'll get a Snyder's cut when JL comes to dvd
>>
>>94728434
I can't believe Snyder was going to do Super-angst for the third time.
>>
>>94728648
I personally enjoyed both MoS and BvS. SS clearly felt the backlash of "not muh mahvel movies" and was clearly fucked because of it. WW's first two acts were enjoyable, but that 3rd act was dreadful and felt extremely rushed.

>>94728667
DC could approach a lot of directors to help with the DCEU; but I enjoyed what Zach was doing. It's kind of a shame they ditched him. His cinematographer, Larry Fong, really needs to be overseeing the tones and cinematography of all the DCEU movies though.
>>
>>94728009
> a machine that drains natural resources and beams them up to Apokolips

Hos can this even be allowed. Another cape movie where the heroes must stop a giant beam to the sky.
>>
>>94728009
Christ.

I had hope but if this isn't just fanfic...

How do you take the New Gods, some of the most imaginative and grandiose characters in comic books, and turn them into the most generic alien invaders I've seen in a while

Also noticing this plot suggests little character motivation beyond 'we have to form the league and fight Steppenwolf'

People just doing things to move the plot forward

Why'd they bring in whedon of all people to cover for Snyder? Anyone with eyes could see how much their styles clash.

Last thing, nitpicking, but is abin sur 3000 years old? Green Lanterns getting only a cameo in this film feels like more of an insult than just omitting them.
>>
>>94728238
Remember that woman in the cave scene from Age of Ultron?
>>
>>94728792
>Anyone with eyes could see how much their styles clash.
That's exactly why, they wanted to pull a full 180° after BvS even if it was this late into the movie
>>
>>94728529
Eh. fucking Batman and Superman have both killed already so it's free game.
>>
All it took was Amazons, One City of Atlanteans, and a single GL to beat Darkseid's forces?

Why do I get the feeling Darkseid's forces are super-nerfed?
>>
>>94728792
Anon, there's not much anyone can do to salvage this movie (and release it in a year).

The movie has to set up the return of Superman AND Apokolips and the parademons AND the formation of the league AND a quick rundown/introduction of the new JL members.

That is WAY too much for a single movie. Superman should have never been killed and Apokolips shouldn't be the first badguy of the JL.

That is too much for any director to handle
>>
So is the portal going to be a color OTHER than blue for a change?
>>
>>94728009
>Alfred has been monitoring alien activity on Earth and learned that several scientists have been kidnapped by Parademons.
So Bruce has just been letting Parademons show up on Earth? Like, even if they Boom in, it's clear he'd still be aware of them, why let them fester instead of taking them out early?
>>
>>94728466
I learned everything I know about moviemaking from Lillian Ross's book Picture, and reshoots as a response to bad focus group reception has been going on since the 40s. It's honestly nothing new, especially in big movies.
>>
>>94728871
I can forgive it if its revealed to be just Steppenwolf's personal war party. I don't understand why Darkseid would allow the defeat and left Earth untouched for so long
>>
Why keep the boxes in the first place?

It's like leaving the key to your house hanging on the doorknob.
>>
>>94728887
hahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha
>>
File: 1497819348131.jpg (14KB, 345x365px) Image search: [Google]
1497819348131.jpg
14KB, 345x365px
Justice League is gonna suck and make less than Ragnarok at the box office.

Screencap this
>>
>>94728220
>>94728064
>no deathstroke or darkseid
Fuck this gay earth
>>
Isn't the whole Harvester thing basically just a redux of the Kryptonian terraformers from MoS?
>>
>use Steppenwolf
>he just fucking dies
>no build to Darkseid
>no your new lord and master
>nothing he just fucking dies
I expected nothing good from Snyder and yet somehow I find this even more disappointing.
>>
>>94728905
Better question is why are they needed?

Are there only 3 motherboxes in all of existence?
>>
>>94728925
And Bayformers 2

And Fan4stic
>>
>>94728064
>Additional scene of Superman saving Metropolis from the Harvester's effects and reassuring the people that everything will be fine.
That's nice.
>>
>>94728905
>>94728941
The entire setup is dumb because Mother Boxes weren't uncommon among the New Gods and they're importance is so we can have ANOTHER fucking scavenger hunt plot. All of this better be a scam setup by Steppenwolf trying to overthrow Darkseid, because this entire thing is just weird otherwise
>>
>>94728923
>wanting a pointless cameo of Deathsroke
Why? The movie is already bloated enough. And his scene is busting Eisenberg Lex out.

Cut that shit out.
>>
I'm not sure how /co/ will take this movie.

There are Snyder-fans, Whedon-fans, Snyder-haters, and Whedon-haters, all in pretty equal number.

If it's bad, who will get the blame?

If it's good, who will get the praise?
>>
>>94728940
Snyder wanted Steppenwolf to be killed by Darkseid for his failure.

Whedon didn't want to a cliffhanger. Plus it gives a badass moment to Wonder Woman, the DCEU's most beloved character.
>>
File: eyes.png (2MB, 1229x1330px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
2MB, 1229x1330px
>portal in the sky

>drain the earth

>find the special items
>>
>>94729014
If it's bad, they'll blame Snyder, if it's good, they'll say it was Whedon. It's a lose lose situation.
>>
>>94728064
>almost had Man Of Angst 3
While this is a positive, I could tolerate it if it meant seeing Darkside
>>
>>94728996
I dont care how shit it is, i just want to see darkseid and deathstroke in it. Fuck that feminist cuckold and fuck firefly, hes ruined what wouldve been a bad movie with cool characters by taking away the cool characters
>>
>>94729014
I will give the characterizations/interactions/dialogue praise to Whedon.

I will give the complicated story to Snyder/WB because a director can only do so much with >>94728880 (and WB probably wanted to rush to the JL movie and probably wanted a Apokolips villain to compete with Thanos. And Snyder said yes).

The action is probably 50/50
>>
>>94729022
That would've worked better than hey here's some villain you've never heard of and then killing him off with no better purpose.

I mean shit, I'm pretty sure Darkseid killed Desaad in Kirby's run and just brought him back later. It's not a big deal.
>>
>>94729014
>I'm not sure how /co/ will take this movie.
>There are Snyder-fans, Whedon-fans, Snyder-haters, and Whedon-haters, all in pretty equal number.
>If it's bad, who will get the blame?
>If it's good, who will get the praise?
Simple. No matter if it was good or bad, the arguments would not end until Batgirl comes out.

If Badgirl is good, then Whedon gets credit for a good JL or Snyder gets the blame for a bad JL.

If Batgirl is bad, then Whedon gets the blame for a bad JL or Snyder gets the credit for a good JL.

Basically it is not possible to separate the credit or blqame until we see Whedon working alone and make something without Snyder.
>>
What about Mera? They better have not cut out best Girl. Though she probaly just has a scene when Stephenwolf invades alantis huh?
>>
>>94729038
That so fucked up
>>
File: Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Immortan-Joe.jpg (435KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Immortan-Joe.jpg
435KB, 658x370px
>>94728573

He's a talented and unique action movie director who is good at making large scale bombastic stories with distinct, archetypal, over the top characters, and who is not afraid to be campy and ridiculous. Thats everything you could want in a New Gods movie.

Immortan Joe is almost Darkseid already.
>>
>>94729081
is does not matter If it's bad, they'll blame Snyder, if it's good, they'll say it was Whedon
>>
>>94729014
Neither and both. If it's bad, I'll blame both of then, if it's good, I'll praise both of them.

You don't rate the second unit director and the actual director separately, do you?
>>
>>94728940
>>94729022
>Snyder wanted Steppenwolf to be killed by Darkseid for his failure.
>Whedon didn't want to a cliffhanger.
I feel like cutting Darkseid is more because Affleck isn't coming back and they will put a soft-reboot with Flashpoint, so it would be pointless to tease a new villain for this continuity
>>
>>94728692
Snyder was the one who asked Whedon to come in and write and then later take over directing the changed in re-shoots.
>>
>>94729169
how will you determine the movie is bad oh i know go to rotten tomatoes
>>
>>94729038

If fear the opposite. I think Whedon lost his touch a long time ago, but the Snyder-fag minority is extremely loud and obnoxious.
>>
>>94729179
I’m aware. Doesn’t matter whose decision it was.
>>
>>94728605
BOOYAH
>>
>>94728009
No sources mentioned for any of this.
>>
>>94729205
WTF are you retard or some shit
>>
>>94728792
>How do you take the New Gods, some of the most imaginative and grandiose characters in comic books, and turn them into the most generic alien invaders I've seen in a while

That's what Apokolips is used for nearly every introduction story, retard.

>>94728871
It could just be that they decided it was not worth the effort to go back after their first minimal force, where they didn't expect any noticeable resistance, was repelled.

>>94728890
And how, pray tell, is Batman suppose to prevent it? Build an anto-Boomtube shield around Earth and teleport to each instance of parademon sighting in a blink of an eye?
>>
File: 9324823.jpg (111KB, 634x622px) Image search: [Google]
9324823.jpg
111KB, 634x622px
>>94728009
>>94728023
>skybeam draining earth

Bravo DC, truly amazing
>>
>>94729249
They should have stayed with the alien invasion angle. It's been done (Avengers) but not in the DCEU and would have been a better excuse for Steppenwolf.
>>
>>94728009
>harvest planets with a machine that drains natural resources and beams them up to Apokolips through a portal created by three ancient Mother Boxes
OH COME THE FUCK ON!!!
>>
>>94729072
I'd give the action to Zack Snyder. His fight scenes are the highlight of the DCEU. Man of Steel had some of the greatest fight scenes I've ever seen in any medium.
>>
>>94728064
>It's another "Wonder Woman indiscriminately kills" episode
>>
>>94729192
What?
>>
>>94729220
I don't think it's real either, but come on. You really think they'd give away their source for leaks like these?
>>
File: 64447853_p4.jpg (319KB, 742x1200px) Image search: [Google]
64447853_p4.jpg
319KB, 742x1200px
>>94728009
> harvest planets with a machine that drains natural resources

So it's pretty much the world engine from MoS
>>
>>94728009
>Steppenwolf's mission is to harvest planets with a machine that drains natural resources and beams them up to Apokolips through a portal created by three ancient Mother Boxes. He attempts to harvest Earth in pre-historic times, but is defeated due to an unexpected alliance between the amazons, the atlanteans and Green Lantern Abin Sur to defend the humans. The Mother Boxes are left behind and split among the three kingdoms.

I'll take this over that other trash "leak" that came out earlier where Apokolips is actually an alternate Earth.

It'd also be as good an excuse as I can think of as to why a fucking New God needs these specific Mother Boxes since they can easily make more of the regular kind. Also gets rid of the stupid "Darkseid tried to conquer Earth thousands of years ago but failed so now he's trying again" trash heap story that makes him and the New Gods look like weak, generically evil idiots.
>>
>>94728782
>I personally enjoyed both MoS and BvS. SS clearly felt the backlash of "not muh mahvel movies" and was clearly fucked because of it. WW's first two acts were enjoyable, but that 3rd act was dreadful and felt extremely rushed.

Muh nigga

>>94728648

Oh get fucked. It was all flash no substance. I'd prefer to watch Suicide Squad than Fury Road if I had to choose, and I agree with above.
>>
>>94728023
>causing widespread destruction.
This is some more Snydershit I hope Whedon cuts out. I don't need to see anymore of his destruction porn in which tens of thousands die.

>>94728064
>Lex Luthor has been entirely cut
>Darkseid has been entirely cut
>The Knightmare is not addressed
>The Harvester subplot was entirely added in reshoots, restructuring the third act which was originally just an alien invasion
>Superman's subplot is altered. Rather than flee from Metropolis due to self-doubt, he does it to see Lois and Martha and let them know he's fine before immediately joining the battle.
>Additional scene of Superman saving Metropolis from the Harvester's effects and reassuring the people that everything will be fine
>Cyborg's subplot is altered. Rather than doubt himself and be reassured by Batman, Cyborg is the one who rallies the League using a football metaphor that later inspires the team's name
>Steppenwolf's demisse is changed. Originally he'd be beamed back to Apokolips by Cyborg and executed by Darkseid for faiIing to conquer Earth
THANK YOU BASED WHEDON AND JOHNS

Even though this is almost certainly full of shit I'll take it over the trash heap Snyder definitely made.
>>
>>94728669
and it sounds like he's made it infinitely better.
>>
>>94729614

No, World Engine was terraforming the planet's atmosphere, etc. into resembling Krypton. This is literally stealing the energy of the planet and turning it into a barren husk.
>>
>>94729734
>I don't need to see anymore of his destruction porn in which tens of thousands die.
It’s at an abandoned town.
>>
>>94729814
>Steppenwolf activates the machine and begins draining the Earth
>causing widespread destruction.
>>
>>94729734
>world shattering apocalyptic events should not threaten any human lives, period
>it makes my fee-fees uncomfortable and sad

The state of people today, goddamn.
>>
>>94729837
Abandoned towns can have empty buildings that can be destroyed.
>>
>>94729797
Which, while not a mind blowing story is so much fucking better than Snyder's original story of Darkseid failing to conquer Earth thousands of years ago and now sending Steppenwolf to try again, needing these three special Mother Boxes to Boom Tube in the rest of the army.
>>
>>94728871
>>94728897
Who's to say Darkseid was in charge of Apokolips back then? He inherited the throne.
>>
>>94729860
Except Snyder has already fucking done that in his two previous DCEU movies, and it was also done again in Suicide Squad.

The guy clearly has a fucking fetish. There's destruction and then there's Snyder's destruction where he just lingers and lingers and fucking lingers on the explosions and the buildings falling. Miachael Bay probably jacks off to Snyder's destruction scenes.
>>
>>94729063

fuck your shit taste

play the power ball and win the 200+ million and then you can make your own shitty film

either that or write your own fan fiction
>>
>>94729866
>draining the Earth
>the Earth
>Earth
>>
>>94729929
Have you SEEN Apokolips?
There have been other stories where Darkseid threatened to make Earth look like Apokolips (which means widespread destruction) and no one has ever bitched about it until the movies.
>>
>>94729945
see >>94729917
>>
>>94729917

Yeah, why collateral damage in giant metahuman fights just be one wrecked taxi and some crumbled asphalt!
>>
>>94729955
Yeah nah that anon is exaggerating. It's no worse than any comic.
>>
>>94728434
>>cuts Deathstroke cameo
>>never explains nightmare shit

literally you and two random assholes care about this shit

the rest of your shit is just that - shit taste and idiotic desires
>>
>>94729958
Some of us aren't fucking edgelords.
>>
>>94729983
I'd say having Darkseid show off his powers, strength, and character to kill his uncle for failure would be a way better ending than "Steppenwolf gets disintegrated in the skybeam lol".
>>
>Superman was going to angst AGAIN
I refuse to believe this.
>>
>>94730004
Except in Snyder's version Darkseid and the New Gods have failed to conquer Earth twice now. Which makes him and them look pathetic as fuck.

He was so scared after the first beating that he had to wait thousands of years and for the planet to be unprotected until he had the balls to try again.
>>
I hope the Knightmare is at least followed up on in JL 2 or something, but I think they've missed the oppertunity and it will sit as a loose end now. From this, it looks like they are accelerating the 'Superman growing to become as we know him' arc, and they aren't going to fuck with that (post-Snyder) by making him evil because Lois died, and have Batman avoid it by narrowly saving her.

I suppose they could get around it by saying that's the entire point of JL. Originally, Bruce never formed the League, Clark eventually woke up himself, and blames Batman and his rebellion against Apokolypse for her death, and bam. Knightmare, averted by forming the League and waking him early.

>Lex Luthor has been entirely cut
>Darkseid has been entirely cut
>Cyborg's subplot is altered. Rather than doubt himself and be reassured by Batman, Cyborg is the one who rallies the League using a football metaphor that later inspires the team's name
>Steppenwolf's demisse is changed. Originally he'd be beamed back to Apokolips by Cyborg and executed by Darkseid for faiIing to conquer Earth

I love the Superman changes, but these concern me. I want less Cyborg in the movie, not more for him to do. And Darkseid killing Steppy would have been nice to see. I suspect a mind-controlled Kara/Supergirl is going to be his thrall in JL2 anyway, so they can avoid direct Infinity War rippoff claims as they are getting theirs out first.

>>94729917
Even in the comics events that require the Justice League to band together cost thousands to tens of thousands of lives. They are certain world or reality shattering events. So, to be fair, are things Superman fights. I'll give you Suicide Squad. But still, I agree with >>94729860
>>
>>94730045
See >>94729902
Maybe Darkseid was busy whipping Apokolips into shape after inheriting it from his mother.
>>
>>94730042
You SEVERELY underestimate Snyder's incompetence.
>>
>>94730064
No, I think Snyder would do it. I just don't think WB would let him.
>>
>>94728220
>The fuck was Deathstroke even there to do?

Work for Darkseid obviously.
>>
>>94730045
>Except in Snyder's version Darkseid and the New Gods have failed to conquer Earth twice now

And how many times has they done so in comics? Countless times.
>>
>>94728145
What an idiot

Normies don't give a shit about Thanos since he has literally done nothing that important to establish himself as a threat

Yet here's a chance to show how ruthless Darkseid could be but nope, MUH FEM POWER PUNCH
>>
>>94730076
Sorry.

You SEVERELY underestimate Snyder and WB's incompetence.

We're talking about the same company that gave him not one, not two, not even three but four fucking chances and he fucked up every single time.
>>
>>94730102
>Yet here's a chance to show how ruthless Darkseid could be
Is it though? "He kills his minions" isn't really impressive. Lex did it when he blew up the senate but tons of people still call him a cringey joke.
I'm assuming you think he was a great villian, but other do not.
>>
>>94730124
>"He kills his minions" isn't really impressive

It depends on the execution. Pun intended.
>>
>>94730102
>here's a chance to show how ruthless Darkseid
It's a generic bad guy trope.
>>
>>94730124
"He kills his own uncle with lasers from his eyes that literally erase people from existence"
>>
>>94730051
>it looks like they are accelerating the 'Superman growing to become as we know him' arc
This is the third movie.
Wonder Woman did it in one.
EVERY Superhero except Snyder Superman does it in one. Even Snyder Batman gets back on track after his one movie.
Why the fuck would it acceptable for Superman to take 3+?
>>
>>94730171
The funny thing is that Snyder's Superman did originally do it in one.
>Welcome to the Planet
>Happy to be here
But becasue Snyder is a fucking idiot he completely undid it in BvS so he could have an excuse to have Superman all mopey again so he can fight Batman.
>>
>>94729860
>>94729917
>>94729945
>>94729958
The point of destruction in cape stuff is not the destruction in of itself but to show the hero saving people during it. Snyder focuses on the building falling when he's supposed to focus on the hero catching it before it smashes into people or pulling them out of the way.
>>
>>94730051
>From this, it looks like they are accelerating the 'Superman growing to become as we know him' arc,
It's been two movies. JL would be the third.
If it is true that Clark in JL was suppose to have so much self doubt that he wasn't even willing to stop Earth being destroyed, then he was no good at all.

It is bad enough that he didn't save Paa Kent from the Tornado, but now he was seriously considering letting Mah Kent die by letting Earth be annihilated?
>>
>>94728064
>The Harvester subplot was entirely added in reshoots, restructuring the third act which was originally just an alien invasion.
>The Harvester subplot
>The Harvester
Yay another fucking sky beam for the sky beam god
>>
>>94728700
Because he is one?
>>
>>94728009
>tunnel between Metropolis and Gotham
why are they next to eachother?
>>
>>94728442
>>94728397
but he was saving people and doing heroic shit for most of BvS... he only stopped for a brief moment when he though his presence caused a terror attack on the US Senate, which is pretty understandable. And then he gets over it and saves the world again.
Did you guys even watch the same movie?
>>
File: BruceWaynescallisdropped.jpg (152KB, 2400x1196px) Image search: [Google]
BruceWaynescallisdropped.jpg
152KB, 2400x1196px
>>94730369
So we can have Bruce Wayne ignoring Zod's threats and sending all his employees to work in Metropolis while he fucks around downtown getting doughnuts?
>>
>>94729730
You are fucking certifiable if you think SS was a better movie than Fury Road. You think Fury Road was all style no substance but praise SS? I have to ask you to explain this opinion, because I thought SS was no style with no substance.
>>
>>94730182
>>94730171

you guys are pretty dumb, Superman is only mopey after he thinks him existing cause the senate to explode due to suicide bomb.... thats a pretty good reason to be sad. And then he gets over it and saves the world again. Also WW ended with her basically giving up on humanity on a macro scale and only helping individuals and in tiny ways from the shadows. Its literally Superman's sacrifice that rejuvinates her faith that men can be good and that she can actually have an impact on humanity as a whole.

How do you guys misunderstand/misremember movies THIS hard?
>>
>>94730194
>The point of destruction in cape stuff is not the destruction in of itself but to show the hero saving people during it

One hero, or even a group isn't going to able to save everyone when it's WORLDWIDE cataclysm. BvS had the destruction take place in places with no civilians in the vicinity and in MoS Superman was busy stopping the world ending to go rescue anyone.
>>
>>94728064

>Steppenwolf's demisse is changed. Originally he'd be beamed back to Apokolips by Cyborg and executed by Darkseid for faiIing to conquer Earth. Now Wonder Woman will punch him into the Harvester's beam and disintegrate him.

This is crap, right here.

We could've had a beaten and broken Steppenwolf at the end of a trail of blood, having dragged himself to kneel before a throne hidden in shadow and explain his failure, only for Darkseid to wordlessly obliterate him mid-sentence, with the only part of Darkseid we see being two eyes glowing from the omega beams as the frame fades to black. Then credits, and NO after-credits scene.

But instead, girl power! Yay!
>>
>>94728009
>>94728023
All this stuff about Venezuela and harvesting resources sounds like some forced political commentary on USA stirring shit in other countries to be able to exploit their natural resources.
>>
File: Everything is Fine.png (955KB, 743x784px) Image search: [Google]
Everything is Fine.png
955KB, 743x784px
>>94730462
>>
>>94730337
As opposed to another fucking faceless alien invasion that also served to make Darkseid and the New Gods weak as fuck?

I know which one I prefer.
>>
>>94730462
Just not as smart as you DCEUfags I guess.
>>
>>94730537
>Darkseid himself failed thousands of years ago
>Kills Steppenwolf in generic bad super bad guy way for doing the same thing
>>
>>94730610
>I wonder when I should start saving people?
>I'll just stand here and cry for a bit longer first.
muh Superman
>>
>>94730839
>Darkseid himself failed thousands of years ago

Where was it ever confirmed that it was literally Darkseid himself who failed, and not just another lackey?
>>
>>94730384
Superman looks miserable throughout the fucking movie. Its forced angst all the time with him.
>>
>>94730513
And if you have to make excuses for your heroes three times in a row they're not very heroic.
>>
>
Superman's subplot is altered. Rather than flee from Metropolis due to self-doubt, he does it to see Lois and Martha and let them know he's fine before immediately joining the battle.

Fucking finally.
>>
>>94728064

[Spoiler]>Cyborg's subplot is altered. Rather than doubt himself and be reassured by Batman, Cyborg is the one who rallies the League using a football metaphor that later inspires the team's name.[/spoiler]

Time for memes.
>>
Just wondering, why are people taking these leaks as real?
>>
They beefing Cyborgs role.
>>
>>94731230
I am just amazed that Snyder hates Superman this much. Making Superman flee? Seriously?

I seriously wish that his daughter hadn't killed herself, because way too many people are now giving him a break he doesn't deserve. The man clearly has moral issues and I wanted to see pressure pile on him for thinking the way he does. But it seems having one's daughter off herself makes it okay for a man to have questionable ideas of heroism.
>>
>>94731259
>Just wondering, why are people taking these leaks as real?
Superman fleeing is the most Snyder idea I can think of.
>>
>>94729072

Snyder takes the action cake. I don't think Whedon's bad, but Snyder is better at that.
>>
>>94731271
I've seen the leaks concerning Superman fleeing but why are these new leaks with Whedon considered real?
>>
>>94731474
>I've seen the leaks concerning Superman fleeing but why are these new leaks with Whedon considered real?
I never said it is real, I am just saying I wouldn't be surprised if it was real.
>>
>>94728442
>Would've been kinda nice to see live-action Deathstroke
He was pretty dope in Arrow season 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afk4OGOKaUw
>>
>>94731259

I'm fucking bored, man.
>>
>>94730937
>Darkseid allows his lackey and fellow New God to fail then just leaves Earth alone for thousands of years because he's scared until it has no protectors
What a badass.
>>
>>94731259
Because this is the first one of these "leaks" for JL that actually sounds halfway decent, or at least as little like a Snyder movie as possible so it's finally given me a glimmer of hope.
>>
>>94728792
I know. This is just a fucking Avengers 1 rehash
>>
>>94730537
are you guys actually comic fans? Like am I on tv? wtf is going on. Whedon is removing angst supes and salvaging the character and THIS is what we are being pissed about?
>>
>>94731638
>are you guys actually comic fans? Like am I on tv? wtf is going on. Whedon is removing angst supes and salvaging the character and THIS is what we are being pissed about?
There are Snyder fans who are mad that he is leaving. The fact is they have defended Snyder too long to give up now, so they will keep going by shitting on any non-snyder elements.
>>
Darkseid confirmed for pussy-ass bitch.

Brainiac is now our only hope for a worthy League+ level DCEU villain.
>>
File: disgustedaffleck.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
disgustedaffleck.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>94728009
>tunnel between Metropolis and Gotham
I hate this bullshit Snuderverse
>>
>>94731267
>I seriously wish that his daughter hadn't killed herself,
how radical.
>>
File: superman.jpg (77KB, 281x211px) Image search: [Google]
superman.jpg
77KB, 281x211px
>>94728064
>flee from Metropolis due to self-doubt,
Holy shit. Snyder is a fucking retard.
>>
>main villain's plot revolves around ANOTHER giant blue laser shooting into the sky

into the trash it goes
>>
>>94729249
Third time's the charm!!
>>
>>94731780
>how radical.
Not my fault that the critics have openly declared that they can't shit on him anymore even though they wanted to. Fuck that, he didn't suddenly become a good film maker just because his child died.
>>
QUICK TEAM WE HAVE TO STOP WORLD DESTROYING BLUE (has to be blue) LASER WITH THE POWER OF WORKING TOGETHER AND FRIENDSHIP NOW THAT OUR INDIVIDUAL ATTACKS HAVE ALL FAILED
This is like the F4 reboot but so much worse
>>
>>94731556

Darkseid respects strength. A pathetic mud ball with primitive lifeforms being able to repel Apokolips' invasion is something he admire.
>>
>Snyders Daughter died to save this movie

the Hero we need.
>>
>>94728380
>And it was probably set up the Batman solo movie
If Whedon decided to take this out, maybe he learned some lessons from Age of Ultron.
>>
>>94732049
>If Whedon decided to take this out, maybe he learned some lessons from Age of Ultron.
That was probably the first thing he demanded when he agreed to take the reigns. BvS has too many things that shouldn't be there, and JL likely is the same. It is probably more important that extraneous shit gets cut than any reshoots themselves.

Avengers 1 was a VERY simple story. It worked that way, with only Hawkeye the only person needed introducing. Avengers 2 got too busy and suffered from its own weight. Whedon likely knows from experience now, how to got at the ensemble film with a hacksaw and just chop off the side plots.
>>
>>94731259
Expectations, they're low enough that any dumb shit i hear about the movie sounds pretty realistic

But i should know better, BvS also had plenty of leaks that turned out to be fake, which is sad because they were better written than the movie. I mean, think about it, a fan saw the trailer and thought "mmh i wonder where the Knightmare came from" and so he came up with the explanation that Lex created a machine that could let him observe other timelines similarly to what happens in Birthright. Then you watch the actual movie and apparently nobody gave a fuck about explaining anything. Leak said Superman was invited to an hearing with the senate to discuss the Metropolis invasion, because obviously people expected that delicate subject to be important to the character? Nope! It's actually African lady that thinks Superman killed a bunch of people except not really because she was paid by Lex, lmao, fooled ya!

So yeah what I'm trying to say is this leak, to me, sounds kinda bland but not THAT bad. Which means now i have to expect the movie to be even worse, BvS and SS taught me that
>>
>>94732011
Suicide as I recall.
>>
>>94732113
>So yeah what I'm trying to say is this leak, to me, sounds kinda bland but not THAT bad. Which means now i have to expect the movie to be even worse, BvS and SS taught me that
I wished that Snyder made the JL film all the way through, so that he can take the blame and leave. Now Snyder fans can insist that Whedon created the bad bits. And that the Snyder fans will always for decades insist the DCEU would have been better off had Snyder not left.
>>
>>94732168
I know, right? They keep finding excuses to paint Snyder as the saving grace of the universe
>BvS was ruined because of WB meddling!
>SS was bad because it wasn't Snyderkino!
>Snyder secretly wrote and directed most of WW you know, haters don't realize this, sad!
My first thought when Whedon got involved was exactly what you said
>>
>>94732151
but her fathed always seemed to cheerful with the role models he presented to kids
>>
>>94730124
>>94730152
He meant when Whedon already changes the death completely he might as well change even more to make Darkseid a bigger focus.
>>
>>94730369
Because Snyder wanted to do that one shot where you can see the bat symbol from Metropolis.
>>
>>94728064
>Cyborg is the one who rallies the League using a football metaphor that later inspires the team's name.
Dropped
>>
>>94728064
Every single one of these sounds good.
>>
File: dark math.jpg (695KB, 1042x1600px) Image search: [Google]
dark math.jpg
695KB, 1042x1600px
>>94730102
Darkseid should order Steppenwolf to kill himself after his failure like he did in the animated series.
>>
File: 14909418246833.png (112KB, 1284x286px) Image search: [Google]
14909418246833.png
112KB, 1284x286px
>>94728922
Don't worry m8, screencapping MCUbros is a hobby of mine
>>
>>94728064
some credit to Whedon for atleast trying to make Cyborg more than just STERN ROBOBLACK
>>
>>94728064
>Superman self-doubt
Probably the only thing they should've kept.
>>
I hope this is not fake, because it actually sounds good
>>
>>94730051
>I hope the Knightmare is at least followed up on in JL 2
Fuck you. Go play Injustice if you want that fucking bullshit. I am so fucking tired of Batfags writing Supes as willing to fucking enslave and oppress humanity without someone constantly telling him that's maybe not a good idea.
>>
>>94733177
>I am so fucking tired of Batfags writing Supes as willing to fucking enslave and oppress humanity without someone constantly telling him that's maybe not a good idea.

Oh boo-hoo, Superman is evil in a timeline that will never come to be!
>>
>>94728064
>Additional scene of Superman meeting Alfred before heading to Venezuela.

Based Whedon!

>Cyborg's subplot is altered. Rather than doubt himself and be reassured by Batman, Cyborg is the one who rallies the League using a football metaphor that later inspires the team's name.

Meh but okay I guess since Superman and Batman don't even have experience in rallying people.
>>
>>94731763
Fuck that, Brainiac is a Superman villain. The League can fuck off and use Despero, Mongul, or Starro. Brainiac should be Superman 2 by Vaughn.
>>
>>94733187
>WAAAHH I WANT MUH EVIL SUPES
Again go play Injustice faggot. It's made for retards like you.
>>
>>94728871
Possibly the Gods are still alive before Ares killed them.
>>
>>94728064
>Additional scene of Alfred picking up Batman in Amnesty Bay after Aquaman rejects him.
>Additional scene of Flash and Cyborg discussing their backgrounds on their way to the Parademons' nest and developing a bond.

Christ, I can fucking hear the Whedon banter in my head already.
>>
>>94733187
oh boy evil Superman
thats definitely not a plotline that was already done to death before the new millenium
>>
File: thats pretty cool.jpg (29KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
thats pretty cool.jpg
29KB, 500x447px
>Whedon takes over
>Batwank reduced by 50%
guess this might be good after all
>>
> Henry Allen has been entirely cut.
God fucking damn it.
The 1 chance you had to make this faggot into something besides a Spiderman wannabe quip fucker & your pissing all over it in order to appease subhuman trash that don't want emotional weight to their fucking characters.
>>
File: alan.png (95KB, 251x358px) Image search: [Google]
alan.png
95KB, 251x358px
Why does Steppenwolf need 3 Motherboxes to open a portal to Apokolips if he can open a portal to Earth from Apokolips to get here?
>>
>>94728064
This sounds good as long as he isn't quipy or cheerful about it during a fucking apocalypse.
>>
> Steppenwolf's demisse is changed. Originally he'd be beamed back to Apokolips by Cyborg and executed by Darkseid for faiIing to conquer Earth. Now Wonder Woman will punch him into the Harvester's beam and disintegrate him.
So fucking pissed about this.
>>
>>94733442
Possibly to save time? 3 Motherbox for direct link to Apokolips and the way he traveled to Earth is via many Portals which are time consuming.
>>
File: 3426.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
3426.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>94733505

>Wonder Woman: "But Steppenwolf... all this destruction... all this death... if you could teleport to Earth without the Motherboxes... what did you kill so many innocents to steal them ...?"

>Steppenwolf: "I did it.... TO SAVE TIME! MUAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!"

Yea this will be great.
>>
>>94729917
>>94730194
> There's destruction and then there's Snyder's destruction where he just lingers and lingers and fucking lingers on the explosions and the buildings falling
Your full of fucking shit.
He only did that with Wayne Tower because it was meant to be a monumental point of view shot for Bruce & the humans powerless below.
He didn't linger on it barely at all in Mos.

Bay is a billion times worse about it because his explosions are pointless & have no visual weight going on. They don't effect characters human or otherwise they are just cheap pyrotechnics going off. Snyder makes his characters feel the destruction from Perry & Lombard trying to save Jenny to Clark being visually on his face being frustrated as fuck with Doomsday kicking him across the landscape.
>>
>>94728064
>all changes to make a good movie
>meanwhile,/co/
>waaah wheres deathstroke
>waaah why couldnt we see darkseid doing a cliche villain action
>waaah wonder woman kills steppenwolf
Kill yourselves retards. You deserve to have such shitty movies. Joss wheadon has changed a horrendous movie into a mediocre one.
Also,wonder woman killing steppenwolf was added because of the success of her movie. Get used to WW being the most important member of the league.
>>
>Superman pussying out of a battle where his friends and humanity might get exterminated
how did they pick Snyder to direct superman again?
>>
>>94731165
What the actual fuck is wrong with you?
How the fuck can you even rationalize the psychotic notion that Superman saving the entire human race from extinction makes him unheroic because a city was being destroyed at the exact same time.

You are literally fucking brain damaged.
No version of Superman since the bat shit insane 40s-60s has been able to multiply himself at will, IT'S NOT FUCKING POSSIBLE FOR SUPERMAN TO BE IN 2 PLACES AT ONCE. HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT FACT DAMAGE HIS HEROISM?
>>
>>94731165
>>94733671
And what do you mean 3 times in a row? He took Doomsday into space Immediately upon the 1st time he got thrown into a building.
And then took a NUCLEAR MISSILE TO THE FACE without hesitation.
He did exactly what you fuckers said he should have done with Zod and yet YOUR STILL FUCKING BITCHING.
>>
>>94733567
>Steppenwolf: "I did it.... TO CONQUER TIME! MUAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!"
>>
>>94733667
>superman taking a break from the battle because he wants to see his family before the final fight
Thank you Wheadon
>>
>>94728009
>kidnapping scientists
This is fucking stupid. Literally only reason is to move the plot forward
>>
>>94733667
Should they have brought it closer to JLU?
https://youtu.be/XwU0QkcrNVQ
https://youtu.be/wasAQW5BfaI
Not so much how it'll end but the characterization?
>>
>>94730848
Can be said about any non-action frame in any superhero movie.

As the other anon said he feels responsible for a cripple man being so broken he committed suicide. And he tells lois later he was caught of guard. God for bid the guy think a multitude of thoughts for a fuckign moment from "fuck all these people are dead, fuck I may have caused this, fuck now I look like a terrorist, fuck why wasn't just as paranoid as the guy I'm pitted against in this movie so that I can just expect everything at every second, fuck it smelt like piss i think lex might have pissed in that cup."
>>
>>94728064
>Lex Luthor, Henry Allen, Deathstroke, Darkseid entirely cut.

Nuts. I'd have liked to see all of them except Eisenberg.
>>
If the Knightmare scene isn't explained (why would they though), maybe current Flash can meet Knightmare Flash when he's changing the timeline in Flashpoint
>>
>Abin Sur
>In pre-historic times

But that's not right.
>>
>>94728009
>>94728023
>>94728064
Sounds fucking terrible so it must be real

Can DC just fucking die already?
>>
>>94733970
He's really old.
>>
>>94733671
Because he didn't actually save metropolis. Metropolis was dust by the end of man of steel and it'd be pretty hilarious to try and argue that no one died from any of that destruction. Instead of trying to remove zod from the city superman fights him by throwing him through buildings.
>>
>>94733985
despite me being sick of you fucking shills I don't want Marvel to die. I just want them to stop being mean and paying shills to bully DC fans online.
>>
>>94734097
though a large portion of downtown was destroyed this is like saying Manhattan is NYC. Or that Hollywood is LA.
>>
Not sure how to feel about these changes, if true. Some are really good, particularly the Superman one. I love the idea that he'd go tell the people he loves that he's okay in person.

Some of the other ideas...no Darkseid, beam of light into the sky, Cyborg rallying the League with a football metaphor, WW taking out Steppenwolf I dislike
>>
>>94734101
>I just want them to stop being mean and paying shills to bully DC fans online.

Imagine being this silly.
>>
>>94734097
>metropolis was dust.
>the only buildings that were totalled were skyscrapers along a single block and in 18 months the city goes back to normal.
>>
>>94730099

Yes, but they had a full menagerie of heroes.

He has no excuse for not being able to beat some humans and slightly-stronger-than-humans, with one GL.
>>
>>94734377
anon. Even the main stream news recognizes ghost profiles and shills as a problem online. It isn't a secret. It's cheap. 10 paid posters can appear to be an army.

the fact that anyone on 4chan, any of the boards, could be so ignorant is honestly a bit unbelievable. Either you're pretty young, to the internet at large, or you're literally a shill yourself.
>>
>>94734796
why would anyone shill on 4chan of all places when you have places like twitter or reddit where you have far better ways of brigading and making yourself look larger?
>>
>>94734722
If the WW movie didn't just go and kill the gods off like that, they could have helped
>>
>>94734816
When did I say they didn't?
>>
>>94734796
Let's say you're right. Wouldn't it be better to just debate and disprove their points? Instead of calling out everyone who disagrees with you.

Because right now you sound like all those idiots calling people fascists for no reason.
>>
File: F17t9sq.jpg (354KB, 1600x2024px) Image search: [Google]
F17t9sq.jpg
354KB, 1600x2024px
>>94734097
> Because he didn't actually save metropolis.
Yes and that's fine he saved the entire human race otherwise, once again HE CAN NOT BE IN 2 PLACES AT ONCE!
(And actually he saved the majority of it only like a 8th of the city was in that crater)
> and it'd be pretty hilarious to try and argue that no one died from any of that destruction
No one is even remotely doing so.
That still has no barring on his heroism.
> Instead of trying to remove zod from the city
Pic related he punched him right to the edge of downtown trying to go out away from the skyscrapers but on the last punch he hit Zod too far which allowed the general to swerve back into the city and hide among the buildings.
> superman fights him by throwing him through buildings
He didn't punch/throw him into a single building in Metropolis. Worst thing he did was collide with him alongside 1 building leaving a crater & then dragged his face through windows as a spontaneous reaction to being punched into the building opposite.
>>
>>94728064
This actually sounds like it made a mess of a movie into something more coherent and watchable. Though it sounds mediocre as fuck.

900m in the box office.
>>
>>94734909
I literally did that and was called silly. What point is there to debate in greentexts followed by "I want DC to die" or whatever the faggot said?

this is shill behavior honestly. Try to make the person who called the shill out look like a shill. It's nothing like calling a valid president and his supporters fascists.
>>
File: a1.png (261KB, 1389x548px) Image search: [Google]
a1.png
261KB, 1389x548px
>>94733985
Soon, anon. Soon
>>
>>94728064

This is pretty annoying. I know that killing the subordinate for failure is kinda cliché, but the difference between a cliché villain and a good one is presentation. They could have introduced any number of concepts around Darkseid to emphasize that he's not just an evil alien overlord but but the literal God of Evil.
>>
>>94735509
yeah soon when JUSTass League becomes the biggest bomb in history
>>
>>94735586
Better for him to let him live with the shame
>>
File: 14909418246812.png (707KB, 1421x2112px) Image search: [Google]
14909418246812.png
707KB, 1421x2112px
>>94735601
Can't wait!
>>
>>94728009
>>94728023
>>94728064
Jesus, this is a mess. I'm getting some serious Fant4stic vibes from all of this. Maybe we should have just gone with Justice League Mortal. I mean, Joss is clearly working with garbage, and it sounds like he's making it more cohesive and structured, but was clearly given shit to work with. The final product is not going to be that good and Whedon knows it. It might be "eh" at the very best, and he'll get criticized for that, too. Hiring Whedon was an attempt to fix a mistake, but the mistake was made in 2013, not with this film.

I think it's wise of DC to invest in Flashpoint to fix this (if that's what they'll do with it), but even then, I still don't see any hope for this universe's cast, tone, and the visual appearance. The DCEU needs to be temporarily shut down and re-considered. It's as simple as that. They need to understand where it went wrong beyond merely "being dark" which they said is their main problem, coupled with "actually deconstructing heroes". They think they need to be fun and quippy, because audiences don't want reconstructions or dark, thought-provoking characters.

The truth, however, is we do -- just not like we've been given. People didn't like Man of Steel not because it was a deconstruction, but because it tried too hard to be one despite missing many points of the character. Man of Steel should have been brighter because that's what Superman is. Sure, you can be realistic and have him kill his villains and be reckless to destruction he causes...but that's not what people want to see Superman doing. They want to seem him be Superman. And if you say, "well that's not orginal", then screw you, man! You can have an original take that's faithful if you really want to. It's 100% possible to do it. Man of Steel would've been better if it weren't about Superman. It's clear as that. And because of the Universe matching it's tone, it'll always feel off.
>>
>>94735676
>Domestic
>>
>>94735722
>clear cut, straight forward plot
>LMAO WHAT A MESS
No one gives a fuck about Superman friend, that's why they tried a new take on the character,
>>
File: 1429662522152.png (15KB, 353x606px) Image search: [Google]
1429662522152.png
15KB, 353x606px
>>94728064
I'm okay with all of this. I was expecting to hate Justice League, but this sounds like I might actually enjoy it quite a bit.

TYBJ
>>
>>94728605
His DCYou solo was pretty good and his Rebirth series is also pretty cool, though admittedly blander than the DCYu stuff since back then he at least hanged out with the Metal Men and Shazam.
>>
>>94730152
And punching someone into a big exploding thing is a generic hero boss defeat trope
>>
File: sad trombone.jpg (52KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
sad trombone.jpg
52KB, 500x357px
>>94735676
>$312433331 in 2010 has the same purchasing power as $349,548,206.88 in 2017.
>>
>>94735722
Busiek and Immonen's Secret Identity is the kind of realistic deconstruction that works
>>
>>94735722
> I'm getting some serious Fant4stic vibes from all of this.
Your fucking delusional. Nothing about this sounds a billionth as bad as that.
>>
>>94735722
> missing many points of the character
It didn't miss any points of the character.
Every single aspect of him was intact just more subdued & subtle except for public speaking.
> and be reckless to destruction he causes
That never happened.
>>
>>94735722
>I'm getting some serious Fant4stic vibes from all of this
Not as serious as the Marrvel shill vibes I got from your post, I'm sure
>>
>>94736641
>It didn't miss any points of the character.
>mopey
>doesn't really want to be the hero
>becomes Superman because that's what Jor-El intended, not because he genuinely wanted to save people
>is good just because, not because that's how he is raised

>>94736692
>this is going to be as bad as that bad marvel movie
>SHIIIILL ALERT SHIIILL ALERT MOUSEKETERS GO AWAY REEE
kek, the absolute state of dc friends: the post
>>
>>94736692
I could go on about Marvel too. Trust me. They piss me off far more. I didn't bring up because it wasn't relevant to the thread as much, but yeah -- the MCU is a fucking mess. It's been blown completely out of proportion. It's first films in it's first phase were not that good. The Incredible Hulk was mediocre trash, no one gave a shit about Thor, and Captain America wouldn't have had as much attention given to it if they didn't call it the first avenger. The only reason the MCU and it's rapidly declining quality is stuill here is due to the rand feeding into idiotic wants by casual audiences. Ever since The Avengers, everythin went to shit being far too connected to any other movie. Its all trash. They're just edgy kids movies now. They've become caricatures of what the characters truly are and they've practically helped ruin their comics as much as their comics division has ruined itself. The MCU has not only killed Cinema as we know it (and seemingly for the worst at the moment) but comics as well. If Marvel dies, so does the industry. The MCU is to blame for the declining quality in comics all across the board, same with movies.
>>
>>94732332
Even outside of this likely false rumors, it has been reported that some of Whedon's changes are to make this movie more standalone. So, they won't end it teasing a villain from a sequel that won't happen for years now.
>>
>>94736748
>>not because he genuinely wanted to save people
YES HE FUCKING DOES.
That is why he did it for fucking years despite his worst fears of causing more harm then good.
That is why he was arguing with his dad right before the tornado scene.

He was raised to be good. Pa was deeply concerned society would be damaged by the revolutions of aliens existing & that was why he tried to restrain Clark not because he didn't value life.
>>
>>94736832
Then how come he didn't become Superman right away, and wandered the world aimlessly for god knows how long instead?
>>
>>94734284
>Some of the other ideas...no Darkseid, beam of light into the sky, Cyborg rallying the League with a football metaphor, WW taking out Steppenwolf I dislike
No Darkseid can be a blessing if it means we're not getting a Snyder-fied Darkseid. I wonder who they casted as him or maybe they might recast him if it was a shitty choice or something.

Beam of light in the sky fucking sucks and it's cliche.

Cy rallying the league with a football metaphor could be good. If it means we're getting Teen Titans "BOOYAH!," Cyborg, I'm cool with that.

WW taking out Steppenwolf is something that I think we need to wait and see about. It sounds like something shoehorned in because of WW's success but it might be executed well for all we know.
>>
File: PHBwBXEGI5laFD-1-l-addfb.jpg (86KB, 651x950px) Image search: [Google]
PHBwBXEGI5laFD-1-l-addfb.jpg
86KB, 651x950px
>>94728064

It's like Whedon hasn't been paying attention!
>>
File: there's a Bigville.jpg (66KB, 738x478px) Image search: [Google]
there's a Bigville.jpg
66KB, 738x478px
>>94730369
>>94732654
that's how it is in the old comics
>>
>>94728064
>Not having Steppenwolf return to Apokalips failed, and Darkseid letting Granny Goodness "tenderly care for him" while Steppenwolf begs to die instead

Gay
>>
>>94736932
Because he was very clearly searching for what he was before trying to go change the world.
Birthright Clark did the exact same thing, but it just took him less time.
>>
>>94729814
Shut the fuck up you little bitch
>>
File: 1502817419231.png (104KB, 270x263px) Image search: [Google]
1502817419231.png
104KB, 270x263px
>>94728064
>Cyborg's subplot is altered. Rather than doubt himself and be reassured by Batman, Cyborg is the one who rallies the League using a football metaphor that later inspires the team's name.
>>
>>94735747

Pacific Rim vs Grown Ups shows that is all that matters
>>
>>94737229
Whedon doesn't care about Superman he has even said it himself that he finds the character boring.
>>
>>94731248
So that's it, huh? We some kind of National Football League?
>>
>>94728009
How does Superman come back? Does he just poof back in without an explanation?
>>
>>94728475
>>
These "leaked spoilers" are fun and all but what are examples of these threads telling at least 80% of the truth
>>
>>94730349
and yet this is the first he's ever looked so alien. superman is also an alien. he looks human. your argument is bad and so are you.
>>
>>94728220
Yup

Perfect honestly
>>
>>94737229
Worked for Jenkins

>>94736932
Because Jesus didn't begin his mission until he was 33.
>>
>>94733583
You're a hypocrite. That "visual weight and consequence" bullshit you're praising is exactly what we're talking about. It's destruction porn.
>>
>>94728397
>when does Superman start to sack up
>saves humanity four times in Man of Steel
Bruh.
>>
File: 1482806075784.jpg (22KB, 225x255px) Image search: [Google]
1482806075784.jpg
22KB, 225x255px
Daily reminder that WB executives unironically though producing a rapebaby between Snyder and Joss Whedon was a good idea.
>>
>>94728009
>Steppenwolf's mission is to harvest planets with a machine that drains natural resources and beams them up to Apokolips through a portal created by three ancient Mother Boxes.

Blue laser shooting up into the sky confirmed!
>>
>>94728064
So Whedon pretty much saved this movie?
>>
>>94741677
As much as he saved Age of Ultron.
>>
>>94741707
t. Nostradamus
>>
>>94741735
It's Joss Whedon, he has never done anything good.
>>
BASED WHEDON SAVING DC KINOMATIC UNIVERSE FROM SHITTY SNYDER
>>
>>94729234
>And how, pray tell, is Batman suppose to prevent it? Build an anto-Boomtube shield around Earth and teleport to each instance of parademon sighting in a blink of an eye?

Of course. Batman IS canonically proven to always have ALL the answers to ALL situations absolutely ALL the time. DC never passes up the chance to show that their flagship character is infallible. So coming up with such measures would naturally be easy for him to do. He's canonically perfect and is never shown to be wrong.

He DID effortlessly defeat Superman in BvS after all.
>>
>>94729336

>>I will destroy you!

Why can't they ever just say "I'll kill you!"
>>
>>94733442
Blame Snyder. He's the one that came up with the stupid "super special Mother Boxes" crap. Apparently originally they were simply used to Boom Tube his entire army to Earth or something like that. At least now it's not quite as stupid as that.
>>
>>94731267

>>Empathy? What's that?

Have your own child kill his or herself, then. And see just how fucking chipper YOUR mood becomes.
>>
File: 1494902051172.png (148KB, 373x332px) Image search: [Google]
1494902051172.png
148KB, 373x332px
sounds boring

Thor Ragnarok will destroy this movie with their more likeable characters and hype plot.
>>
>>94743447
>Have your own child kill his or herself, then. And see just how fucking chipper YOUR mood becomes.
That still changes nothing about how Snyder makes films. Certainly no one is saying Snyder makes bad films BECAUSE his daughter killed herself. He was already doing that way before.
>>
File: 1488565938080.jpg (114KB, 986x811px) Image search: [Google]
1488565938080.jpg
114KB, 986x811px
I can't help but wonder why the people behind the Dccu chose to focus their team movie on a build up to Darkseid, and not only that, a build up to Darkseid without any contrasting fourth world elements, for example highfather, mr. miracle and new genesis.

If indeed these leaks are true and Darkseid has been more or less removed from the film, I can kind of understand why; he will, ironically, appear to be a total rip-off of Thanos, who has has been coming in the Mcu since 2012.

I mean the fourth world in general could be brought into the universe in a much more interesting way, or at least in such a way that makes it distinctive from the what marvel has already done with Thanos.

I understand that all comic-book characters are a little bit derivative, but seriously audiences are not going to give a shit about not-thanos aka darkseid, especially with the completely bland and boring visual style of the Dccu films.

I prefer DC and have a special place in my heart for the fourth world, but my god I could not care less about darkseid appearing in these already trash films that are almost all rushed executions of an already shaky initial idea.

It's kind of like galactus in that fantastic four movie where he was just a big cloud. Because it's safer to do that than a big purple guy in a chair the size of a planet.

The people making these movies, in their hearts, are afraid of the high craziness of comics. That's why we ended up with a movie about superman that visually looks like fucking blade runner in terms of tone and color palette.

A more interesting choice for a justice league movie, even in keeping with the tone of the films so far, would have been something like final crisis; darkseid and lieutenants slowly pushing their way though to earth with secret facilities, start out gritty and gradually have the heroes uncovering more and more alien and fantastic bases culminating in them narrowly preventing darkseid from taking root in a host body.
>>
>>94728009
>>94728023
>>94728064
/Co/ actually believes this sourceless bull shit.
Good job /co/. We really are the stupidest board.
>>
>>94744240
>look at me, it's my first day on /co/

Good job retard. You truly are the stupidest newfaggot.
>>
File: darkseidkirbythibodeaux.jpg (438KB, 1505x1800px) Image search: [Google]
darkseidkirbythibodeaux.jpg
438KB, 1505x1800px
>>94744032
I fucking hope we get a proper New Gods movie by George Miller.

The problem is, while the Fourth World mythos is extremely rich in material, WB has already been beaten to the punch by Marvel with Thanos. They even have Gamora and Nebula having a sort of Orion and Kalibak relationship, which I really fucking hate, because plebs are going to immediately act like WB is just ripping off Marvel for that shit. At least they still have Mr. Miracle if they wanted a different angle with Orion.

Anyway, I think it's great that Darkseid is being pulled from the movie, because honestly, starting the Justice League franchise off with the New Gods was always a shitty idea that showed fear on the part of WB because it just seemed like they were desperate to play catch up to Marvel. Not only that, but the New Gods have to be handled with care. Steppenwolf is looking pretty generic, but while I think they no business starting off with Fourth World shit, Steppenwolf himself has never been a huge character. If after JL, they show that they actually respect the Fourth World and give us Kirby-esque takes on the characters, with all their corniness and goofiness intact, then I'll be very happy.

The New Gods honestly deserve their own movie franchise. They deserved a bigger buildup. What they've given us so far has been sloppy as fuck.
>>
>>94733207
Any villain that can threaten Superman (like Brainiac) is one that the league would take notice of and contribute against if at all possible.
>>
File: leaguepromoheader.jpg (101KB, 640x404px) Image search: [Google]
leaguepromoheader.jpg
101KB, 640x404px
So, how much money do you suppose it's going to make? If Wonder Woman had been a failure I think it would have been a surefire bomb, but instead Wonder Woman was both a critical and a commercial success, which I figure has gotten the DCEU at least a little goodwill going forward. I no longer think it's going to be a Battlefield Earth-tier bomb. But I bet it still underperforms like BvS did.
>>
>>94733207
They can do what the MCU did and have Brainiac be primarily a Superman film villain but still show up in Justice League after the first time he's beaten.
>>
>>94734956
>less profit than Wonder Woman, Iron Man 3, Deadpool, and Spider-Man Memecoming

If this film actually does only do $900 million on a $415 million overall budget (I assume it'll be similar to BVS's $250m production + $165m marketing) then the DCEU may as well just sudoku now.
>>
>>94735722
>Man of Steel should have been brighter because that's what Superman is.

Dude. It's not the 1950's anymore. It's a darker, grimmer world out there today. Corporations running everything. Evil people in America's highest political offices. The world isn't gumdrops and gosh golly gee whiz and goody two shoes anymore. And it's only going to get worse, not better. Don't you get it?

Superman should reflect the bleak, hopeless times we have no choice but to live in today. Trying to pretend otherwise is being dishonest
>>
>>94736832
>YES HE FUCKING DOES.

He did a shitty job of it, then. And him killing Zod pretty much threw everything Superman stood for out the window. Superman always finds a way to save everyone. Always.

>>that was why he tried to restrain Clark not because he didn't value life.

No, it's pretty clear that he didn't care about others. When Clark asked him if he should have let them die, Pa practically told him yes. Any answer to that other than "no" essentially is saying yes.

Quit making excuses for that piece of shit film.
>>
>>94737348

No, Metropolis is in Rhode Island and Gotham is in New Jersey, according to the Official Atlas of the DC Universe
>>
>>94744865

Look at Mattel's JL movie figures. They look seriously depressed.
>>
>>94743231
marvel fanboy
>>
>>94745461

>implying it isn't the DC fans getting steamed that Mother Boxes are being turned into Egg MacGuffins for no reason at all
>>
>>94728359

I hope it's fake because the climax feels way too similar to MOS.
>>
>>94728009
>>94728064

I call bullshit on OP.
>>
I can understand cutting out Lex and deathstroke but the original ending sounds so much better. Also batman inspiring cyborg sounds so much better too but I guess white dude inspiring a black dude is racist. Oh and MoS is better than Thor/ incredible Hulk and BVS UE is better than civil barfight with the boring villain. And people complain about Jesse Lex, pfff. Suicide Squad is turrible though. What did WB do to David Ayer?
>>
>>94745035
Luthor fulfills all of those things. Superman is about hope that there is better. You can have a dark, terrible world and still have a shining, hopeful hero.

Superman is supposed to reflect the goodness in humanity despite all of its faults. He doesn't necessarily have to win all the time if you need it to be cynical but he doesn't have to be a mopey bastard about it.
>>
>>94745196
>Superman always finds a way to save everyone.

I'm sick and tired of having to explain this to people. Zod even says during the fight, "there's two ways this ends: You die, or I do". Any normal screenwriter would only write that line so that the protagonist could come up with a third option, and any decent director would see that line as bait.

But Goyer and Snyder aren't either of those.
>>
>>94748090
>multiple choice question
>circle outside the box
>this is what passes for movie scripts.
>>
>>94748090
I can't figure out if you're endorsing them or not.
>>
>>94748562
It's funny because Snyder said it was based on a scenario that's literally "the hero chooses a third option". So he gets Superman about as well as he gets Star Trek.
>>
>>94745196
>Superman always finds a way to save everyone. Always.
Mary Sueman does, but that's not Superman. In fact it's this retarded notion that's the reason so many evil Superman stories occur.
>>
>>94744858
Nope, fuck that. If other heroes aren't going to show up in Batman's film to kick Joker's ass and send him back to Arkham, I don't want them stealing Superman's villains.
>>
>>94747124
>Also batman inspiring cyborg
Fuck that I'm tired of every piece of media having everyone suck Batman's dick.
>>
>>94728023

>self-doubt
I'm glad that this was changed. Tired of mopey Superman, fuck.
>>
I'm worried that the movie was going to basically be Final Crisis and it was going to get full blown comicy and dark and crazy and now I will no longer get that

Instead I'm going to get more guffaws from Aquaman, awkward Flash lines, and Batman will smile entirely too much

Fuck all y'all, I liked most of Dawn of Justice, though I did watch the full director's cut the first time I saw it, but Jessie Eisenberg needs to go, immediately.
>>
File: 1371092107376.gif (403KB, 240x199px) Image search: [Google]
1371092107376.gif
403KB, 240x199px
>>94728064
Additional scene of Superman saving Metropolis from the Harvester's effects and reassuring the people that everything will be fine.

>mfw the real Superman finally arrives in the DCEU
>>
>>94749454
I blame Zack the Hack, not Jesse. His Mark Zuckerberg would actually have made for a pretty good modern reinterpetation of Lex Luthor, but for some reason he had to also be an LOL WACKY SO RANDUMB XD autist.
>>
>>94736932
>Then how come he didn't become Superman right away
Did your retarded ass not read the part about fearing society would be damaged by the revelations of Aliens existing?
>>
>>94749580
Gotta disagree here, it was a classic case of overacting. Too atypical, frenetic, less calculating and more opportunistic and lucky that ship didn't vaporize him as an intruder. He did have some good moments, like immediately after talking to Steppenwolf, being twitching mad but also knowing. But then he has to ruin it by doing that retarded "ring ring! ring ring! ring ring...!", etc etc
>>
>>94745196
>No, it's pretty clear that he didn't care about others
If that was true he would not have immediately followed up the "mabye" line stressing the point about how much aliens existing would effect the world & not in a positive way.
He would not have made clear this wasn't about selfishness.
His exact words...
> "there is more at stake here then our lives or the lives of those around us"
>>
File: 1496164279668.jpg (49KB, 712x706px) Image search: [Google]
1496164279668.jpg
49KB, 712x706px
>Eisenberg cut from the movie entirely

>Man of Steel 2 comes out with new director
>Clark meets bald, suave businessman in his mid to late forties
>"I don't believe we've met. I'm Lex Luthor Sr."
>>
>>94749697
You can blame some on overacting but the script itself seemed to push towards that interpretation. Again, Jesse CAN do a more laid back supervillain, but he didn't for some reason, I suspect director interference.
>>
>>94745196
>Superman always finds a way to save everyone. Always
1 - Hippolyta during our worlds at war.
2 - Lois's father during it.
3 - The 30-ish dead lining the street right before pic related.
4 - The entire fucking point of Pa Kent's heart attack is the hammer in the fact that he CAN NOT save everyone.
5 - There is a panel from I don't know what issue with Clark reading obituaries every day to ponder those he could not save.
>>
>>94749097
Joker is beneath their notice. If Brainiac beats Superman, then everyone's fucked anyway.
>>
>>94745196
>And him killing Zod pretty much threw everything Superman stood for out the window...
>Saving 8 BILLION people throws out everything Superman stands for...
>>
>>94749634
>Did your retarded ass not read the part about fearing society would be damaged by the revelations of Aliens existing?
That never made sense. He wasn't the only alien out there, so the priority is get Earth prepared for the dangers ASAP. Clark is in no position to prevent aliens from appearing on Earth, and there is zero signs that he did anything to prepare Earth for aliens.

Worst of all, there is no signs point to Earth ever being "ready" for aliens. Clark claim that Earth isn't ready, but then did nothing to help Earth being ready. Aliens exist, so it is important to get Earth prepared. But Clark did nothing until Zod showed up.
>>
>>94745196
>>94749827

Not to mention the untold number that Superboy/Superman-Prime killed

He couldn't even save Superboy
>>
>>94749911
1 - He didn't go public and try & prepare them because the revelations could countless deaths.
War & genocides have happened over lesser things.
2 - He has no fucking idea if their are other aliens out there or what has become of his species.
3 - Him being indecisive & passive IS A INTENTIONAL FUCKING CHARACTER FLAW they gave him on purpose. That does not make him a bad person or a lesser hero.
>>
>>94745196
Mainstream comics Superman straight-up executed Zod, Faoara, and Non, killed Darkseid, killed Doomsday, and tried to kill Brainiac multiple times (always fails because he healed/it was a BrainiacBot/he can teleport/etc.).

Reeves Superman killed Zod and Nuclear Man.

Even DCAU Superman killed Darkseid and tried his hardest to kill Brainiac and Doomsday.

Superman is not Batman, he's never been that completely retarded about not killing fools unless he's written by a mega-hack.
>>
File: CxpDHi6.jpg (1MB, 2060x1512px) Image search: [Google]
CxpDHi6.jpg
1MB, 2060x1512px
>>94749827
>3 - The 30-ish dead lining the street right before pic related.
>>
>>94749911
Not only that but by waiting around and doing nothing Clark created more problems than he solved. Think about how many times people were going "Clark never got in a fight or used his powers before!" to excuse his dropping the ball in Man of Steel. That means that if he weren't such a damn coward he might've done better.

And that's setting aside the fact that in this shared universe there were superhumans well before Clark. What makes him special? Why would society shit itself inside out for him but not Diana or hell, even El Diablo?
>>
>>94745196
>Superman always finds a way to save everyone.

Brainiac killed both his dads.
>>
>>94750168
>3 - Him being indecisive & passive IS A INTENTIONAL FUCKING CHARACTER FLAW they gave him on purpose. That does not make him a bad person or a lesser hero.
That is literally what it does. You're allowed to like it without denying that's what it does.
>>
>>94750168
>3 - Him being indecisive & passive IS A INTENTIONAL FUCKING CHARACTER FLAW they gave him on purpose.
What purpose? It creates the equivalent of a normal person given superman's powers. And that ws effectively what Snyder thought Superman was. That Superheroes are only their powers and nothing more. And what Snyder created was a White Hancock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkX1VuXLRSc
>>
>>94750230
How does it make him a morally wrong person, fucking explain.

A person isn't a hero for thinking of every single thing he should do & executing it perfectly all his life like your fucking demanding, a hero is someone who sacrifices for the greater good of others which dceu Clark has done many times starting with the fact that he intentionally stayed hidden for years, sacrificing his personal social life for the greater good. He is a fucking hero & your scum of the fucking earth.
>>
>>94750437
>s starting with the fact that he intentionally stayed hidden for years, sacrificing his personal social life for the greater good.
There is absolutely not evidence that him staying hidden helped anyone. As we keep saying, Earth would have been "ready" for aliens if only he had showed himself before Zod did.
>>
>>94728009
What do you mean Darkseid is entirely cut? Like he's not even mentioned?
>>
>>94750425
1 - Hancock never cared about saving people, Clark did even as a little kid.
2 - Hancock was a billion times more incompetent.
3 - No he didn't think Superman was a normal person, he was trying to make him into one instead of a flawless mary sue so that we could sympathize & relate to him.
A person overcoming their own flaws & the flaws of the world around them is inherently more inspiring then someone who does everything perfectly everytime.
>>
>>94750425
But Superman is a normal person with super powers. That's his whole point.
>>
>>94732102
Avengers 1 was forgettable and bland. I struggle to remember a single thing about it other than visuals.

Avengers 2 was somewhat of a character drama and was strange and fun. It was hurt TREMENDOUSLY by the cuts, which removed logic, characterization, and even a heroic arc for banner, who was turned into a pussy boy by the deletion of 10 crucial seconds of dialogue.

I want the meme of avengers good, aou bad to die.
>>
hard to believe you people are still polishing this turd of a thread
>>
>>94750465
>There is absolutely not evidence that him staying hidden helped anyone
That doesn't mean the fear of war & death coming down after the reveal wasn't a valid concern. Humanity is fucking horrible.
>Earth would have been "ready" for aliens if only he had showed himself before Zod did.
1 - HE CAN'T SEE THE FUCKING FUTURE.
2 - There is zero guarantee he could make them "ready" even if he tried.
>>
>>94750567
>But Superman is a normal person with super powers. That's his whole point.
Then you missed the point. Superman is Super because he is better than normal. And by making Superman not super as a person, he failed to "lead people into the sun".

I am not going to follow someone just because he has superpowers. No one get inspired by superpowers. Inspiration is done by leading, and Superman lead no one. And if spoilers are true, he was suppose to flee from a fight in JL due to self doubt.
>>
>>94750608
>That doesn't mean the fear of war & death coming down after the reveal wasn't a valid concern. Humanity is fucking horrible.
That's Clark's problem that he has no faith in humans. If that is what he believes then he is not a hero.
>>
>>94750437
It doesn't matter whether Snyder's Clark is a good person or not. Clark Kent, the general Clark Kent seen countless times through comics, film, television, etc., the collective, the whole fucking POINT of his character, is that he is a relentless idealist. He isn't a "no kill" fag like Batman, if it comes to it he will go in hard, but what Snyder's Superman lacks is that tireless idealism, that optimistic hope for the future.

THAT'S why Lex Luthor hates him. Because, despite his incredible powers, Superman isn't a god at all. He's a wide eyed country boy stuck in the body of an alien conqueror, more or less entirely by a chance encounter. Superman isn't a suffering Christ figure, he's not Batman, he's not a fucking Ayn Rand character. He's a guy who always tries to do the right thing, even when he can't, even when it hurts, him, especially when it kills him. Where his opponents are all detached and removed, fighting for vague modern ideals of "perfection" and the "greater good", Superman more than anything else brings those lofty aspirations back down to Earth, focusing less on the grand cosmic battles that he typically finds himself fighting in and more on the smaller people who get caught up in the wider movements of the heavens. If that isn't "realistic for the modern age", congrats, you've just realized the point of Superman.
>>
>>94750567
You strike me as the kind of guy that thinks Captain America should be racist and sexist.
Superman isn't just a man, he's a good, confident one. Being human doesn't automatically mean you have to be shitty.
>>
>>94750593
There's much they could do with the DC universe, but because WB put Snyder at the helm it's a disaster only salvageable by a reboot meaning Flashpoint, which they are doing.
They need to course correct so that when Flashpoint comes in it's not a complete shock after the timeline is first broken, then reset.
>>
>>94750608
>Humanity is fucking horrible.
Superman shouldn't think so.
Now's the part where you prove you never aged emotionally past 14 and say that thinking the best of people is naive and childish.
>>
>>94745035
All those existed in the 50s and before. Superman reflects a better option. Hope that something better can be done.
>>
>>94733177
Mos and bvs portray superman as a fallible human who must learn his place in the world.

That is a lot more interesting and relatable than portraying him as some perfect super savior.

The flaw of mos and bvs is that important character defining moments (not just for supes) were deleted or played for laughs, which makes superman in mos, and Batman in bvs, much more unrelatable and mysterious than they should be. The lack of proper character setting is the flaw, not his 'super angst'.
>>
>>94745035
>everything was perfect in the 50's

I seriously hope you guys don't do this. The 50's were fucked. Cold War, Korea, the reconstruction of Europe, the beginnings of the Civil Rights movement, the only place where the 50's were "gumdrops and gosh golly gee whiz and goody two shoes" is in the fantasy worlds created by sitcom tv.

Superman has ALWAYS stood opposed to what some saw as the "bleak hopeless times we have no choice but to live in today". His very existence is a challenge to the "no choice" part, not because he can punch harder than everybody else but because he cares, that's all. His greatest superpower is his potential for empathy, and the lengths that empathy drives him to.
>>
>>94750567
>But Superman is a normal person with super powers. That's his whole point.

Sir I believe you may be confusing Superman with Spider-Man.

Superman's greatest quality was never his powers, it's his ability to lead and inspire others. Once upon a time superheroes were role models and Superman is the prototypical superhero. He's brave, decisive, kind, and selfless.
>>
>>94750727
>Mos and bvs portray superman as a fallible human who must learn his place in the world.
>That is a lot more interesting and relatable than portraying him as some perfect super savior.
Then the MoS trailer was false advertising.

And further, JL will be the third film where Clark is trying to be a hero. When the hell does he actually finish learning, and why is it that Diana managed it in ONE film?
>>
>>94750727
Why does "fallible human" always mean "whiny 14 year old Holden Caufield-type bitch" to pseudo intellectuals?
>>
>>94733583
This anon is right.

Michael bay's destruction porn is ludicrous, messy, chaotic, thematically out of place and ultimately totally nonsensical.

It is an insult to compare Snyder's visuals with bay. It's like comparing chocolate with dog shit.
>>
>>94750823
Because they think they're real and everyone else is a phony.
>>
File: 1359434658758.jpg (60KB, 549x288px) Image search: [Google]
1359434658758.jpg
60KB, 549x288px
Superman is not a mopey, waffling coward.

Superman is a Man of Action.
>>
>>94750727
>That is a lot more interesting and relatable than portraying him as some perfect super savior.
It is.
But Superman should be aspirational, more than relocatable. I don't want to be him, because the movie says his life sucks. I don't want to emulate him, because the story says that only ends badly for everyone involved.
>>
Here's the problem.

Christopher Nolan gets his hands on the Batman franchise and makes something real out of it

It wins Academy Awards

Meanwhile the rest of the DC Universe is crazy comic book characters, not just some human with ninja skills taking on the criminally insane.

How do you suddenly go from amazing actor Christian Bale and his equally amazing adversaries to, "Oh yeah and we never mentioned that there is an alien on this planet with literally limitless power, Atlantis is real and is part of the UN and is lead by a superbeing nigh unstoppable underwater, and a man who can run faster than the speed of light and there is a rock faced bad dude named Darkseid who is a member of the the New Gods coming to harvest our earth with untold technologies, oh and this robot man made of a Motherbox but we'll get to that in the next movie
>>
>>94750637
Your a absolutist piece of delusional shit.
1 - Being aware of & taking precautions against humanities dark side does not mean he did not hope they would do the right thing, only that it was too big a risk. Going out just on faith doesn't make you a hero it makes you negligent.
Hence Clark hoping for the best & not scanning the senate only for the bombing to happen.
2 - No it makes him more of a hero because he sees humanities capacity for atrocities & still saves them anyway, still sacrifices himself anyway.
>>
>>94750935

>How do you suddenly go from amazing actor Christian Bale and his equally amazing adversaries to, "Oh yeah and we never mentioned that there is an alien on this planet with literally limitless power, Atlantis is real and is part of the UN and is lead by a superbeing nigh unstoppable underwater, and a man who can run faster than the speed of light and there is a rock faced bad dude named Darkseid who is a member of the the New Gods coming to harvest our earth with untold technologies, oh and this robot man made of a Motherbox but we'll get to that in the next movie

Probably start by casting those characters first
>>
>>94750643
>He's a guy who always tries to do the right thing
And this Clark still absolutely did such. He just wasn't fucking preachy about it.
>>
>>94750993
>Going out just on faith doesn't make you a hero it makes you negligent.
t. cynic
>>
>>94750675
No there is absolutely nothing wrong with hoping for/thinking of the best in humanity.
There is a massive ton wrong with taking that risk with countless lives on the line.
Idealism is awesome but it will get people killed if you make yourself blind to the cracks in the ideal that are sitting inches from you waving.
>>
>>94750798
>Korea
Was a good thing that saved the current South population of 51.5 Million from starved, torturous death.
>>
>>94744032
Darkseid gives an opportunity to explore the freedom vs tyranny angle yet again, as well as introducing a concept bigger than superman.

I'm much more interested to see what the writers and Snyder have to say about Darkseid, and conversely I literally could not be less interested in Thanos after his stilted performance in gotg.
>>
>>94751067
That'd be more impressive were it not proven moot in the same damn movie.
According to /co. Clark can't reveal himself to humanity because Muslims will start bombing schools, Zod *tells the entire planet that aliens exist* and NOTHING HAPPENS.
Well founded fears are justifiable. Unfounded they're just paranoia. If I want a paranoid superhero I'll read Moon Knight.
>>
>>94750805
>Then the MoS trailer was false advertising.
Half the best of the trailers is him wandering uncertain looking for his purpose in life.
>>
>>94744032
Warner Brothers doesn't actually know what characters they have outside of Batman. They don't give a shit about contrast..
>>
>>94750830
Thank you anon.
Every once & awhile Bay will do something right like the bombs going off at the end of the rock momentarily making us think all was lost or the opening attack of the 1st Transformers.
>>
>>94751132
It's well founded on the last hundred years of Muslims mass murdering people over jack shit.
The Rwandan genocide happened because of slightly different genetics, how the fuck do you think those kind of people would react to a godly alien?
Just because something turned out for the better does not mean the evidence did not 100% support the concern.
>>
>>94751144
>Half the best of the trailers is him wandering uncertain looking for his purpose in life.
I wasn't expecting him to still be looking, three films later.
>>
>>94751249
Yeah it does. Because this is a fictional story. If they wanted to show that humanity would shit itself when aliens then they could have humanity shit itself because aliens happened.
They didn't. And yet Clark didn't even learn a fucking lesson from it.
>>
>>94751007
He used his superpowers, but he basically never used his empathy. He seems cold and distant because he IS cold and distant in the movies, always working to save people but never having time to actually try and connect with the people he saves.
>>
>>94751067
Congrats, you just stumbled upon what makes Superman a flawed yet human character.
>>
>>94751388
Congrats on the blatant samefagging.
>>
>>94728064
Based Whedon
>>
>>94749697
He's atypical because he views normal people as beneath him. He's frenetic because he's intelligent and undisciplined (which will surely change now that he's been exposed to a prison environment).

I gotta disagree with the non calculating part though. The entire conflict of bvsu was engineered by lex because he could not stand to have a 'super man' who was above him. His aim was to destroy superman's image, his spirit and his body, and then to replace him in the public eye. He never got to the last part because superman killed doomsday, which is why lex got caught trying to summon some other baddie from the kryptonian database.

Imo it would have been more clear if there were a reason for lex's special bullets (my guess is that they vaporize in the presence of heat, to better implicate superman), and if, after the Batman break in of lex Corp we could have seen that lex has dozens of other kryptonite samples hidden elsewhere in his lab, but even without these scenes, it's still pretty obvious that lex has an over arching plan. He's just kind of a spaz because he's never had a reason not to be.
>>
>>94751724
the whole idea made no sense

a morticians assistant could recognize projectile damage in a basic autopsy of the victims

It's not like a flamethrower destroys all forensic evidence
>>
>>94750899
Superman doesn't actually have an insane culture war surrounding him in the DCU. People pretty much accepted him from the get-go, which makes his job like 99% easier than DCEU Supes.
>>
>>94751362
>They didn't.
Ehhhhhh. By BvS, it seemed like the concept of Superman had everyone screaming for his blood/wanting to blow his dick.
>>
>>94749454
>Fuck all y'all, I liked most of Dawn of Justice
#SoBrave
>>
>>94731763
Oh yeah I can't wait for Brainiac to come and try to convert Earth into a data cube with a fucking SKY BEAM
>>
>>94728434
>Zack Snyder did nothing wrong
Hahahaha! Keep dreaming, kiddo!
>>
>>94728009
what about unite the seven!?
i was hoping for hal.. :(
>>
>>94729730
>Oh get fucked. It was all flash no substance. I'd prefer to watch Suicide Squad than Fury Road if I had to choose, and I agree with above.
Holy fucking shit. You might have the worst taste in human history.
>>
>>94751724
>(which will surely change now that he's been exposed to a prison environment)
You guys say that about all kinds of stuff in the DCEU and you've yet to be right about any of it. At what point do you drop the idea that this is all some masterful build up to change and accept that these are just the versions of the characters as they were intended and the only way to get something different is to retcon or reboot?
>>
This is an absolute disgrace and an insult to DC comics. Snyder should be blackballed from Hollywood after this, what a fucking joke.
>>
File: Catania-69a.jpg (280KB, 1280x899px) Image search: [Google]
Catania-69a.jpg
280KB, 1280x899px
>>94728064

Even though, it would've been nice to see Darkseid most likely obliterating Steppenwolf with omega beams, I'm a big sucker for villains being killed by their own creations so I'm fine with this.

Also I'm sure that Darkseid just wasn't ready enough to make an appearance. I want him to be really well thought out and CGI'd when it's his time.
>>
>>94728009
You know leaving out darkseid in this movie completly is a bad move. They should have brought him in as the big bad instead of just steppenwolf. I know they didn't want to do the same with marvel so they should bring darkseid in now than later, because this still copies the whole looming threat that marvel has been doing.
Make the pushback of dark seid seem just merely a set back then next movie he's bringing the apocalypse , last movie is battle on apocalypse.
>>
>>94728023
Oh god pls tell me its not a sky beam.
>>
>>94728700
>waah waaaaaah why does this alien look like an alien!?!?
Fuck off
>>
File: come back soon.jpg (33KB, 600x408px) Image search: [Google]
come back soon.jpg
33KB, 600x408px
we were so close.
>>
>>94755532
>Also I'm sure that Darkseid just wasn't ready enough to make an appearance. I want him to be really well thought out and CGI'd when it's his time.

I'm hoping that is something Joss learned and maybe even he could see the CGI they were using was garbage so scrapped Darkseid

I'm perfectly fine if they long game him for a few more movies. Like next we just go through The Furies and others. Maybe Introduce Big Barda and Mister Miracle with Kalibak on the tail end of that.
>>
>>94728009
>>94728023
>>94728064

Okay, so first, darkseid needs to be evil, not some guy looking for resources.

Second, because of whedon's cuckoldry, superman now is an idiot who would rather go console his mother who has no clue that he is alive than stop a fucking alien threat. bravo.

They fight in venezuela. hooray. How did they get there? WHy the fuck? no clue.

Forced wondershit ending, just to add "le womyn power" meme. Wonder woman (the movie) avoided this, and it was directed by a fucking woman. Jesus christ, grow a ball ( or two), whedon, you cuckold.

Lex Luthor, the primary instigator of the entire invansion, has been cut. WHat the fuck?

Henry Allen is cut, and hence flash is just a quipster.

Batman has nothing except the goddman invansion and I guess he smokes blunts in his free time because deathstroke has been cut.

Le ebin black man uses football analogy to reunite a 1000 year old goddess, a man who can think super-fast, an invincible alien, the ruler of an underwater empire and the world's smartest tactician. yep. makes total sense. nobody's heard one before, all of them just winged it before.

Obviously, talking about your backgrounds is THE thing to do when leading to your certain death. But no, this is capeshit and whedon doesn't kill heroes, so them talking is entirely normal.

Also, steppenwolf is just killed at the end by a push. This is the guy under darkseid. Yeah, right.

And every hero has a very clear role to play at the final boss battle, which makes their personalities oh-so-clear. Now isn't that a great story?

Plus, look on the bright side. Now we have a simple plot without any references (who needs them, gosh!) and basically no hard bits. Any average 10-year old could follow it. That's the way it should be made, for 10 year olds.

Fuck you, whedon. Stop being salty about ultron and stop making JL : avengers edition.

BRING BACK SNYDER
R
I
N
G

B
A
C
K
>>
>>94759572
Also, fuck whedon for breaking the trilogy. He's showing a fat middle finger to snyder and snyder's sighing, saying, "why the fuck is this guy flipping at me while he's swimming in shit?"
>>
>>94759572
>>94759627
This is the average Snyder fan.
>>
Sounds alright.
>>
>>94759850
Nice criticism.
Thread posts: 412
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.