[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lobdell's Red Hood and the Outlaws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 369
Thread images: 246

I know I said I was going to storytime the remainign collection of Daredevil by Bendis but I recently saw a page of Riri in the most recent Iron book and it left an extremely shitty taste in my mouth. So what I'm going to do is post a thread's worth of Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol. 3 by Lobdell as a palette cleanser. I'm definitely going to pick it up Daredevil tomorrow so I can move on to other series. HOpe yall enjoy.
>>
>>
I'm glad they kept the origin or him stealing tires off the Batmobile.
>>
>>
Awwwwww
>>
>>
I wonder how Bruce tracked down Jason in a non conspicuous way. He doesn't seem like the kind of kid to end up in an orphanage. Also I love that this book establishes Jason is so much more than the brutal member of the Bat Family.
>>
I enjoy that since the New 52 Jason has been sporting a red domino mask as a way to differentiate him from the other Robins.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Jason has always been a natural improviser. WOnder if Bruce has something like that in his suit.
>>
>>
That penguin?
>>
If DC is doing this three different Jokers thing, then is it safe to say this is the Moore version?
>>
>>
>>
Just clever enough. Bruce, you're jelly.
>>
>>94723574
Not normally huge on breaks in storytimes, but I'm not going to argue against this one.
>>
>WHy? Because my name isn't Dick Grayson?
Excellent point.
>>
>So how are we doing this--spontaneous?
>Serious.
>Sexy?
>Serious
Gotta love Jason. When I was reading this series I thought the first issue was a fluke and Lobdell would shit it up like all his other series. Glad he proved me wrong.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94723574
That's what you get for being a Bendisfag faggot
>>
Is this a new character or someone specifically made for this series?
>>
>>94723994
Still really enjoy Bendis. Not going to have any issue posting Powers, Dark Avengers, or his Moon Knight run but something about the Riri issues I looked at today were atrocious and really put me off to the guy.
>>
>>
>>94723994
>>94723994
In fact, I think I would have been totally fine posting Daredevil or most of his catalog (New Avengers Vol. 1, Avengers Vol. 4, Crime Novels) but I swear that Riri page where it's implied she's in the right and Tony is a villain completely turned me off to the guy. I posted the thread below and the image I'm talking about is the first image in that thread. I read the issue where Riri takes over Latveria but I thought she was going to be punished or receive some kind of consequence for intervening in diplomatic affairs to an insane degree and it doesn't look like that's going to happen. She has learned nothing because....schools....
>>94708556
>>
File: ma gunn.jpg (117KB, 906x458px) Image search: [Google]
ma gunn.jpg
117KB, 906x458px
>>94724012
>>
How can he breath in such a thing?
>>
>>94724136
Normally I'd be slighlty peeved someone posted an image in the storytime but this is absolutely exceptional. I had no idea she was a character Lobdell revisited.
>>
I'm happy they didn't put a Big Belly Burger on the side of the bag. Choke on the soda made me laugh.
>>
>>94724137
Same way Jason can
>>
>>
>>
>>94724012
This is a retcon. The original issue had Jason and Bruce bust Ma Gunn and her children at an art museum.
>>
>>
>...Remember
>...if you cross that line...
>...there's no going back...
What about all those mobsters Jason murdered during the Under the Red Hood arc? Or are we going to forget that?
>>
Why would any of the numbnuts agree to having a bomb in their neck. There is literally no benefit.
>>
>>
How could Jason possibly bank on no one dying in this accident?
>>
>>
>I'll be the last woman you ever see.
I'd be okay with that.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94723574
I like how the first issue returns Bruce to a reassuring and caring father figure who only made him Robin out of belief in his son's abilities.

Too many writers make Bruce seem like a heartless monster who only adopts for soldiers.
>>
Just to reiterate for the upcoming thread.
>Mighty Avengers
>Loki Agent of Asgard
>Captain America and Mighty Avengers
>Captain Britain and the Defenders
>Contest of Champions
>Ultimates Vol. 1
>New Avengers Vol. 3
>Ultimates Vol. 2
>US Avengeres
>>
>>94724334
>we going to forget that?
Black mask is apparently
>>
>>94724528
Who would have ever thought it was Lobdell to write Bruce in that way. Seriously, this series is the definition of coming out of left field catching everyone off guard. I remember the comments after the rebirth issue and everyone thought it was nothing more than a fluke. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>I'd eat an invisible jet.
This is gold.
>>
>>
>>
>>
I was so fucking hyped when this page dropped. This was the point when it became clear that Lobdell did in fact have a plan for this series and his plan was wowy the audience with loveable protagonists and a plot that pays equal attention to characterization and plot progression
>>
>>
If you thought the Ma Gunn thing was weird, the amount of research Lobdell clearly did for Artemis is baffling.

Akila, Artemis' not-girlfriend? Pre-existing character from Jimenez's run who was in it for like a few pages at most.

At this point, I expect the next arc to feature the group of demon hunters Artemis joined in her miniseries.
>>
I normally don't care too much about alternate covers but this one brings a smile to my face.
>>
>>94724801
>baffling
It's excellent is what it is. There's too many writers who ditch one of the biggest strengths of comic book universes when they ignore continuity in favor of their own stories
>>
Another great page.

>>94724801
Seriously, what the fuck happened? Did it just take a series or two for Lobdell to get his game face on? Then again, they initially had him on a couple titles simultaneously since New52 so it's possible he was just overworked. I know a previous anon suggested this was a terrible idea but I'd love to see a Superman series by him (on the condition there are no crossovers).
>>
>>
The clothes. Definitely the clothes.
>>
>>
I love that this was the Bizarro Lex started work on at the end of Forever Evil.
>I might be wrong but I think this is right.
>>
A Talia's tits absolutely massive or is that just me?
>>
>>
Awwwwwwwwww
>>
Oh god dammit. We really going Clockwork Orange on his ass? God dammit.
>>
>>
I forgot how adorable Bizarro was at the beginning of his arc.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does Bizarro have the opposite of Superman's powers? So his eyes are blue because he has freezing capabilities?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94724964
>Luthor designed the clone to be flawed
That's heartwarming
>>
>>
This page is absolutely adorable.
>>
>>94725054
>Jason was too hung-up to go to Tim's funeral
Meanwhile, Dick used it as an excuse to make out with Starfire
>>
>>94725147
He missed his monster. God did I enjoy Forever Evil. It may not quite be my favorite event (although I've never seriously thought about it), but his stands head and shoulders above many of the events that came out around the same time.
>I still really enjoyed Axis though.
>>
Before this series, I would never have pictured Jason capable of this. I enjoyed Winnick's Jason but he didn't have the depth shown here.
>>
>>94725239
I'm starting to think Dick is a piece of garbage.
>>
I both love and hate this Black Mask.
>>
When the fuck did she escape?
>>
Would you all say I should read through Snyder's Bat Epic at least once? Or should I just ignore it and start really reading some king rather than a storytime here and there?
>>
>>
>>
He's planning on wiping out the other competition. I almost want him to succeed because he'll take care of the psychos that have reigned free for far too long. The War of Jokes and Riddles have only made me ponder why the GCPD hasn't put a bullet in each and everyone one of their heads.
>>
>>94725280
So Jay knew Harley before she went crazy?
>>
>>
Fuck that looks painful
>>
Bizarro, nooooooooooo!!!!!
>>
>>
>>94723792
Probably. The way I see it, the third Joker is only Snyder's, while the first one is Golden/Silver/Bronze Age (40's-70's) and the second one is Dark Age (80's-aughts)
>>
And now we reach the conclusion for the Black Mask arc
>>
>>94724420
>you will never be bullied by Artemis.
fug
>>
>>94725476
I really wish Johns would get off his ass and explain the three Joker thing. Is it three different people that are all effect by the Joker Toxin? Or is the more probably explanation that the Joker was such a pivotal figure in the multiverse that when New52/Convergence happened his essence was split into three variations.
>>
>>
Excellent page.
>>
>>94725102
Yes, he has freeze vision and fire breath.
>>
>I can think of .45 things.
This is edgy and I love it. Also I'm pretty sure Batman would mulligan you killing Black Mask in control of a Bizarro. Just sayin.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I love Jason immediately dismissing her thread because it's game time.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94724031
>>94724125
BENIS WENIS
>>
Thanks oh storytimer. RHatO might not be the best book of Rebirth or even my absolute favorite, but it's the one I'm the most hyped for when I know it's out tomorrow. It's just so on point.

Everytime it's posted here I'm still amazed that things turned out the way they did.
>>
>>94725546
>hollow-point armor-piercing shells
huh?
>>
>>94725854
>Comics
>>
That kick should drop Black Mask right then and there.
>>
>>
>>94725809
Lol
>>
>>
Glad to see Roman really is the "Black Mask" after all. I'm ecstatic that Rebirth didn't cheap out on this.
>>
Thank you OP.

I really wanted to check this series out but I was bit burned out on the writer's previous efforts.
>>
>>
>>94725809
Are you trying to say your penis looks like a wenis? Don't know why'd you'd share that but that's cool
>>
Thanks op
>>
>>94726113
I maintain that Lobdell is actually a really good writer, he just fluctuates between extreme garbage and...well...this. My first exposure was his run on Wildcats and that was awesome and then I read him on Superboy. My interpretation is that he was overworked and forced into multiple tie ins. I maintain that he can write Superman, but only when it is separate from all other comics.
>>
>>94726113

Lobdell is never super artsy and his nu52 stiff was dumb, but he's a good with fun books.
>>
>>94726149
Thank you for visitng and not being upset I took a break from Bendis. I like the guy, but as I mentioned above Riri is an abomination of a character and ruins all my perceptions of him. I know it isn't for everyone but I enjoy his Infamous Iron Man leaps and bounds above his other Iron Titles.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Good tastes.
>>
>>94726160

No problem. Late Bendis is fucking patchy
>>
>>
Is her speaking wingdings?
>>
Nvm. It's Kryptonian.
>>
fucking hell, Jason. You're as bad as Batman in Batman Begins. Nice going.
>Still nothing compared to Terry though. Bruce didn't give a flying fuck in that show.
>>
>>
>>
I enjoy New52/Rebirth Bizarro so much more than than the Post Crisis one.
>>
Has this character been revealed yet? If yes than spoiler your response.
>As stupid as it sounds my bet is on Joker or Post Crisis Jason (I have no idea why I thought of this).
>>
>>
Bruce, you draw the line at killing. That's law and order enough.
>>
>>
>>
A satisfying ending to a satisfying arc.
>>
>>
>>94726398
Thanks for posting it, OP
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94726433
;_; not Bizarro
>>
I love how different this scene was from Under The Red Hood. In that series Jason takes control of the drug trade and states that it will go through him, the only exception is that they don't deal to children.
>>
>>
>>94726333
>Post Crisis Jason
Shit, I thought I was the only one crazy enough to think that up. Let's call him Grant in the meantime
>>
Jason has shown tremendous growth in the years since he's been back. I actually can't say that of all DC characters.
>>
>>
>>94726461
Honestly Colak's art isn't bad, but Soy is just so much better imo
>>
Jason has been the best batboy since Rebirth started
>>
Wow....

>>94726503
Grant definitely isn't my plan A, but I wouldn't be surprised if DC pulled something like this (they've been defying a lot of expectations recently). They could tie it to one of the "unknown" adventures fo Jason after he rescued Scarlet. There's still a decent amount of time between his last appearance in Batman and Robin and New52.

>>94726545
I just want artists to quit attempting to change Jason's mask to incorporate more emotion I guess. It kinda agitates me. Jason isn't Jason unless he has a static Red Hood Mask (like the DC Animated movie Under the Red Hood).
>>
I'm not sure if Bizarro was being honest honest.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Fuck off, Artemis. Just say what you want to say.
>>
>>94726639
>>94726622
>>94726478
>>94726602
Why is everyone in the issue Asian?
>>
>>
>>94726622
>>94726648
>re-used art
jesus christ
>>
I feel like everytime someone visits the Batcave looks a little different. Wonder why none of the writers decided to come together and finalize out a layout. Kinda lazy if you ask me.
>>
>>
>>
>>
I thought we were about to see a recreation of Mice and Men and I'm glad that's not the case.
>>
Again, Lobdell is shattering expectations concerning what he could bring to the book.
>>
>>94726670
That artist loved asians and can't draw other race.
>>
>>
>>
>>94726741
I bet Jason read it as a kid and was all like, "Fuck this book!" and sad the rest of the week when he finished it.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94723873

He kept that wheel he was trying to steal.

Nice touch.
>>
>>94726797
Probably. I was sad when I read the end of it. I also decided to incorporate part of its themes into my own work because it was such a powerful novella.

>>94726862
Such an awesome catch. Nicely done.
>>
>>94726688
Layouts have been created a few times, but there's no definitive one for some reason.
>>
Stupid question, but what would you say are the best current Rebirth titles?
>>
>>
>>
>>94726902
>what would you say are the best current Rebirth titles?
Trick question, anything you answer here someone will reply and say its shit! shit I tell ya.
>>
>>94726902
This and New Superman are my personal favorites. Everyone keeps hyping up Deathstroke but I never really saw the appeal :/
>>
I love that Jason has the shot glass and Artemis has the bottle. I feel like me in my peak alcoholism days could give her a run for her money....maybe. I know I could outdrink most members of the Bat Family.
>>
Jason, you're adorable.
>>
>>94726935
Fuck them. I'm not gonna judge. I would just like to hear people's preferences so I'm willing to give books I wouldn't have normally cared about a try. For instance, I wasn't much of a fan of the DC52 Green Arrow with the exception of Lemiere's run but I adored the recent Rebirth title (even though it was penned by Percy who created some lackluster titles near the end of New52.).
>>
>>94726892
Bruce is indecisive and keeps rearranging.
>>
>>
>>94726968
I've had the pleasure of reading the new Superman series by Tomasi and I gotta say, this is the series I had been waiting years for. SuperBro had his ups and downs and didnt' really get the ball rolling till the end of his run. Tomasi's story has hit the ground running from issue 1 and hasn't stopped since. And he also found a way to incoroporate part of SuperBro's stories into the current timeline. From my understanding, current Superman is a combination of Post Crisis and SuperBro with events that don't contradict each other kept or take place at an earlier time period. It was a great way of bringing in the new without sacrificing the old.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94727072
>Muh dik
Also she's posing like she's wearing heels but they don't exist lol
>>
>>
>>94727090
My vote is that it's a force of habit at this point.
>>
I'm going to be ecstatic when Jason and Artemis finally get together. If they get together.
I think they will.
>>
>>
>>
>>94727039
He's talking about New Super-Man by Yang.
>>
Such an awesome page.
>>
>>94727161
Oooooohhhhhhhhh. Stil stand by what I said. I'll give New Superman a shot because it was recommended.
>>
>>94727127
I sure hope so, I love the family dynamic developing between these three. Also, thanks for the storytime OP, going to bed but hope thread's up tmr.
>>
>>
>>
>>94723850
Just want to say, thanks for storytiming this OP!
>>
>>94727161
Thanks anon
>>94727192
Yeah Yang's New Superman is really entertaining. Not to sound like a brainlet but it's "fun" lol. Art's pretty good and it's well paced, I'd definitely recommend
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94727072
>>94727090
>>94727117
Wonder Woman took the so-called "Cat Stance," used in Chinese Martial Arts. Of Coarse, she didn't learn those, but by relaxing her limbs and intuitively talking a defensive stance which allowed her to face any attack wherever it should come from without losing neither her speed nor her rhythem... She naturally ended up in the "Cat Stance."
>>
>>
>>
Awwwwwwwww
>>
>>
>>
>>
This page is an absolute gut punch. The trail of blood on Robin (Jason) is heart-wrenching.
>>
>>
Well this situation certainly escalated.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Tomasi did something like this in the Arkham Knigt series and it was brutal. I wonder how Lobdell is going to do.
>>
>>
HOLY FUCK!!!! Don't remember this in the Tomasi issues! Jason doesn't play.
>>
>>
Bizarro probably could have set them down but throwing them into a mountain is pretty effective.
>>
>>94727237
Sounds pretty schway. I love hearing recommendations from other /co/mrades.
>>
>>
>>
>>
=(
>>
>>
>>
>>94727161
Oh fuck
>>
>>
>>94727687 (You)
>>
>>
>>
>>
Artemis, get over yourself.
>>
>>
>>94727530
Who do you think the other tied up person is?
>>
>>
>>
She didn't threaten him for touching her. This is character growth done right.
>>
>>94727765
I'm pretty sure it's a psychic projection of Jason's own insecurities. I think the Todd tied up and Joker are nothing more than hallucinations, which must be horrifying. Since I stopped smoking my dreams have gotten to the point where I can't distinguish dream from reality when I wake up in the middle of the night.
>>
>>
What the fuck did she block that with?
>>
>>
>>94727869
The entire thing is an hallucination but I'm pretty sure the other person is meant to be his mother.
>>
Does she even feel those bullets?
>>
>>
>>94727892
>What the fuck did she block that with?
With her axe, note how is all charred on the following page
>>
>>
>>
=(
>>
JUST FUCK ALREADY!!!!!

>>94727953
Nice catch
>>
>>
And this is where I'm gonna call it for the night. I hope everyone enjoyed this Bendis detour. I know I did. If the need to know what happens next is strong enough I'm certain someone will post the followup issues tonight. If not, I'll post them tomorrow before I post the Bendis issues.
I'm glad you check this spoiler. Your curiousity indicates at the very least your thirtst for knowledge. You are well on your way to be an exceptional human being that stands above the rest. But whatever you do, don't check the second spoiler.

Just kidding. P.S. You're awesome, and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.
>>
>>94727906
Ooooh. You think Lobdell will open that can of worms? Jay's talked about his Todd mom back in the vol 1 but hasn't mentioned the one who betrayed him.
>>
>>94728008
Thanks anon.

>>94728024
If he does, I think he will keep Catherine as Jason's mother and ignore Sheila completely.
>>
>>94724570
Lobdell and his editors living in the same state?
>>
>>94724801
I Deacon Blackfire and Mongol to show up.

Jason beat both of them, and they're the two best stories he's in.
>>
>>94724810
The worst thing that happened to this book was March taking over variants
>>
File: RH 14 ALT.png (2MB, 960x1458px) Image search: [Google]
RH 14 ALT.png
2MB, 960x1458px
>>94728144
Fuck you buddy, March's variants are amazing
>>
>>94725110
Does this count as a swipe of the cover of the Invaders crawling out of Red Skulls mouth?
>>
>>94725280
It was a good time for villains acting like heroes
>>
>>94727380
>.ignore Sheila completely
>>94728071
>tracked my birth mother
there is no reason to mention birth unless he was adopted
>>
>>94725332
Black Mask wants to be Jason's daddy
>>
>>94728008
Thanks again OP
>>
>>94726902
>>94726910
My fucking dick every time
>>
>>94728008
Thank you!
>>
>>94723747
I actually really dig the whole Bat symbol taser
>>
>>94725638
>Fifty Shades of Grating

If these two do not fuck I will be furious.
>>
Excellent thead OP! Never ever would I have guessed that Londell would be doing as well o a series
>>
>>94728144

you outta your goddamn mind
>>
>>94726277
So this a reference to Lex Luther in All Starr Superman?
>>
>>94726333
I think it's Morrison's Red Hood.
>>
>>94726545

This is my first time seeing Colak's art and I'm really struggling.

I can look past most of it as just being not to my taste or perhaps something I could grow to like but those faces are really really bad.
>>
>>94727547
Should be noted Dex Soy here is the also the artist on Tomasi's Arkahm Knight.

(And KSD's Captain Marvel)
>>
>>94728122
If Lobdell is willing to dig up Artemis' crazy ex, reviving Deacon shouldn't be too much trouble
>>
>>94724801
Lobdell is a continuity fag with stuff he cares about
masterminded the X-Men for a half decade
>>
>>94727946
I just noticed Jason almost always fires his guns while jumping around like a jack rabbit. Seriously slap some bunny ears on this guy and it is a regular Battlefield player.
>>
>>94727266
>Export F-22 raptor
Reeeeeeeee
>>
>>94723666
There's something very silly about Batman casually eating a burger
>>
>>94731424
Reminds me of that old youtube videos.
>>
This is shit
>>
>>94723850

Batman may not be able to go places Red Hood can go, but Matches Malone sure could
>>
>>94726902
Batman
Red Hood and the Outlaws
New Super-Man
Super Sons

I am so hyped whenever these are coming out
>>
>>94723619
It's some pretty awesome origin, to be honest. And shows his character pretty well. He's a daredevil, but a smart enough one to achieve his aims (motivated by survival and almost harmless in this case).

Why better than the other two origins.
>>
>>94723695
He already had one before that. He had one in the movie, I think, and also had one as Red Hood here and there, when he didn't have his helmet. Red works better for him than for Tim.
>>
>>94724012
It's from his origin story, so no, it's a retcon, you could say, that brings her again into continuity.
>>
>>94724334
Well, this happened before he did anything.
It's Bruce warning Jason as Robin, after all. And certainly, for Jason, there's not going back after that, even after his amends. It's not implied that Bruce is not going to forgive him, or that he punishes any crossed the same way: Jason had his circumstances, as does everyone else (Damian, too, for example. Some villains, too). But here, I think Bruce is more talking about how killing someone changes the killer itself. And Jason sure feels awful for being the bad Robin, and for being a crazy madman after being resurrected.
>>
>>94724376
Remote controlled trains, maybe.
Or simply the locomotive was isolated, and being a freight train, it didn't have more occupants besides its driver.

>>94724559
I don't know if I was the only one, but It seemed to me that BM implied that he did know who this Red Hood was, but didn't care in any case and pretended to not know because he wanted to play with Jason.

I guess UTRH could have happened differently in this continuity, too, and not having BM in it.

>>94724570
Maybe he took note of what people disliked. Maybe he had more time to work his writing and research, maybe editors worked differently. Who knows.
>>
>>94725365
I would go for the most well known stories. I'm not a fan of Snyder, honestly, I'm pretty indifferent to his writing, especially his dialogue and narration (not bad, but it doesn't catch my attention). But he has two or three story arcs that are interesting and have left an interesting mark for the current Batfamily stories.
>>
>>94725450
We JoJo now.
>>
>>94725581
Soy and his colorist are pulling some great pages here and there.
>>
>>94728008
Anon, I like you.
>>
>>94726902
Deathstroke
>>
File: 1499932679563.png (3MB, 1301x1691px) Image search: [Google]
1499932679563.png
3MB, 1301x1691px
>>94732537
>>
File: rare oynx pepe.png (535KB, 593x825px) Image search: [Google]
rare oynx pepe.png
535KB, 593x825px
>>94724279
>>
>>94732867
Perfecti.
>>
>>94725381
Y'know, I didn't realise it until now but Red Hoods stories can offer a really unique and personal perspective on different villains.
>>
File: 1496230404018.jpg (24KB, 480x516px) Image search: [Google]
1496230404018.jpg
24KB, 480x516px
>>94732867
>>
>>94728483
I can totally see that.
>>
>>94728516
>>94726503
I think I spyed Jason's knife in this page. Even more sure it's some variant of Jason
>>
>>94728024
>You think Lobdell will open that can of worms?
I think he would be the first to mention it since the original storyline.

Everyone else seems to ignore or just not know about Sheila's betrayal in favor of making Jason look worse.
>>
>>94724870
Dexter Soy's art carries this book. His writing may be shit, but Lobdell does his homework.
>>
>>94735286
His writing has been fine in this.
>>
>>94727072
her feet
i don't care tho muh dick
>>
>>94726663
The art went down and the book started sufferring.
>>94726808
I'm just going to stop reading the words now.
>>94727975
This art is gorgeous
>>
>>94735359
>His writing has been fine in this.
I don't like Lobdell in general. Something about his dialogue rubs me the wrong way. Same thing with Mark Millar and Alan Moore
>>
>>94735286
Explain this then
>>94726718
>>94726731
>>94726741
>>94726756
These pages are freaking great and they aren't drawn by Soy.

Art is very important for comic, but it only truly shine with good writing.
>>
>>94723574
cleansing your palette with more shit
>>
>>94728757
Batman Eternal brought back Blackfire as a Lich now he just has to show up
>>
>>94725124
Didn't they have to add the Gleason cover to replace an Alex Ross homage because Ross is still pissy over the New 52?
>>
>>94735842
Yeah, which was a shame.
>>
>>94725404
Surprised the citizenry doesn't vote for execution laws.
>>
>>94725313
Dick's spent his life able to get by on his charm. But that means he's never really been confronted over his flaws because everyone (Maybe bar Damian) is to charmed to do so, so he never feels the need to improve.

Kind of mirrors Jason, who has frequently had to rely on other people giving him a chance, and has been directly faced with his flaws and constantly tries to be better.
>>
>>94735780
T. Man with no taste
>>
>>94726741
and now we are getting a Flowers for algernon recreation
>>
>>94737045
As I said in former threads, Jason is a litfag. It's fitting, and I hope Lobdell himself is aware of it.
>>
>>94737237
What other classic literature do you hope inspires their next adventures?
>>
id really like to see more of this series, i wanna know what happens next!
>>
>>94732867
so that's where this panel is from lol
>>
>>94737283
It has to have some bittersweet ending.
I have no idea, but I would like to add some sad-robot story to it. Because I love that trope.
>>
>>94737327
There's two more issues. I think the annual is coming next week.

>>94737387
They deserve a sweet ending
>>
>>94737283
I'd like to see some Don Quixote.
>>
>>94737424
That's the thing with how they're using these literature themes: Lobdell is playing with them, but in a lighter tone, with a good end.
>>
>>94735727
>that awful Bizarro speak
No
>>
>>94737567
Nice to see you again triggered anon.
>>
>>94737678
Bizarro am not talk like that! Bizarro am worst character of your's. Bizarro am sad to see him, but Bizarro wishes Bizarro was written worse
>>
>>94728192
Can't wait for Dr. Bizarro to improve Red Hood's mask and it stays in the canon afterwards.
>>
>>94739016
Is this how we get the Arkham Knight suit?
>>
>>94739121
Doubtful (his jackets are just part of him now, and however AK suit cool is, it's a pain to draw) it in a regular basis), but it could be great as a secondary suite for more heavy missions.
>>
File: DHg_2zDUwAEAuBK.jpg (113KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
DHg_2zDUwAEAuBK.jpg
113KB, 640x800px
Sneak peek from an upcoming issue
>>
>>94739121
Don't tease me bro. Arkham Knight suit was cash.
>>
>>94726831
That's a low blow Artemis.
>>
>>94739994
seems like they used jojo for reference.
>>
>>94728008
Thanks for the storytime.
I actually bought a second copy of Vol 1 by mistake, just cause I wasn't paying attention and the cashier told me a few visits ago that Vol 2 was already out and requested a pull. If Darkwing doesn't come back in some form, I'll definitely pull this monthly.

Hope you enjoy New Super-Man, OP. This and that are my favorites of the current lineup.
>>
>>94739994
Jason's jacket is vanishing with a weird effect.

Interesting.
Thread posts: 369
Thread images: 246

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.