[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOTG 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3598.jpg (393KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3598.jpg
393KB, 1600x800px
Just watched it for the first time, this is definitely one of the few decent Marvel sequels IMO

What does /co/ think of it?
>>
I'm going to marry Rocket!
>>
>>94718871
I really liked it, and I don't get te hate it gets.
>>
File: Egobar640.jpg (101KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Egobar640.jpg
101KB, 640x360px
Best villain. Literally made me sick.

What an evil piece of shit.
>>
>>94718871
We thought it was way then DC's attempt to rip it off, coughcoughsuicidesquadcoughcough.
>>
I liked it more than the first but it definitely had a different feel. I think this one felt more adventure like.
>>
>>94718979
*better
>>
The first half was okay. It wasn't great, but it was passable.

Once Ego was introduced and the main plot kicked off, the movie went into a solid 9/10, easily some of the best material out of the MCU.
>>
>>94718871
Over the top and had very few funny jokes with a lot of forced unfunny ones. That said of you just want to see a non serious spectacle it's good. I wanted a semi decently written sci fi comedy so I didn't like it.
>>
The comedy in this one felt more forced than the first movie, like they had a quota of jokes/quips they had to fill.
>>
Weakest aspect was definitely the humor. I can't believe Drax's turds and TASERFACE xD actually made it into the final script. Otherwise, it was a really strong movie, one of the better MCU ones.
>>
>>94718871
I didn't like that the cast was split in 2 in such a forced way, the completely obvious twist about Ego, the father theme was pretty generic, The scene where Yondu kills everyone in his ship is pure cringe and hated how even in scenes that are supposed to be serious they have the need to put some shitty joke. Gamora doesn't do shit.
Also, kind of a pet peeve but I hated that the opening scene focused in Baby Groot instead of the actual fight. A thing I did like was Rocket and Yondu's bonding and that's about it.

I wanted to like it but there were too many issues and didn't have fun with it. That said, its not the worst movie of the MCU and I didn't hate it as I did with the likes of IM3 or Thor 2 but that might be because I don't particularly care for the guardians.
>>
While his funeral was nice, Yondu's death felt unnecessary. I mean, maybe he didn't know Peter could breathe in space for a bit? Regardless, wasn't needed.
>>
>>94718871
Much better than the first one. Actually felt like it had its own identity while 90% of other films are totally stock. Really liked the interactions, themes, and villain, though thought that the breakneck pace interfered a bit with characted development. Needed more breathing room.
>>
>>94718871
The scene where Ego told Peter that he's the one who killed Meredith was pure kino and every other movie that does a scene like this should take notes.
>>
>>94719138
>TASERFACE
lol
>>
I liked it better than the first Pixels.
>>
>>94718883
Back off, he's mine!
>>94719694
That scene was a major gut punch. The way he said it so casually showed just how much of a fucking monster he really was. Scene would've been better though if Chris Pratt knew how to put some emotions into his lines.
>>
>>94718871
Didn't like it in theaters, loved it since I downloaded it.

Anyone else experience this? I actually think it's a lot better than the first now.
>>
>>94718893
It's definitely the Full Gunn. The original was only a half measure, the second one took everything that was in the first film and doubled down on it. I can understand people not liking that, the critics so vocal of that element in the first liked it no better in GOTG2. What I don't get is audience and critic alike professing to like the first one but finding the second one too much.

I read one review that said it was a breath of fresh air to have a talking racoon and a tree as characters four years ago, but it was a joke that had worn thin now. Which made the reviewer sound like a shallow and disingenuous snob who only liked the first one for kitsch appeal, and when asked to treat those same two characters seriously again couldn't disguise their own hollow lack of interest. The fact that she clearly had trouble keeping up with the most basic plot elements the film laid out pretty simply also didn't do her any favors. You'll enjoy a Star Wars rip-off if it's only slightly quirkier than the norm but when they ask you to take a living planet seriously, that's beneath you?
>>
>>94718883
Not before I do!
>>
I loved it.

The first one is better though and it had many jokes that ran for way too long for no reason and it was very awkward (groot looking for the finn, taserface, the fucking tape). But overall it was amazing, great selection of songs and it made me care for fucking Yondu.

The sequence in the Ravager's ship was my favorite, from the mutiny to Yondu annihilating everybody with his magical arrow to Rocket being confronted by Yondu for being a little faggot.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.