[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the wrong here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: 7f16_030.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
7f16_030.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>94718509
Chuck
>>
>>94718509
They didn't bring him back.
>>
>>94718509
Herb for trusting a bumbling idiot with his entire empire
>>
>>94718509
Chuck because why the fuck would you hire a random asshole to design a car and give him free reign.
>>
>>94718509
Formerly Sneed
>>
>>94718953
>>94719287
/thread
>>
>>94719287
>>94718953

This. Plus why did it get put into full production before he even looked at it? I mean sure letting homer design and build a prototype with little to no engineering knowledge is bad. It would have cost a few hundred grand, maybe a million or more but that would not bankrupt him.
>>
File: pontiac-aztec.jpg (108KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
pontiac-aztec.jpg
108KB, 1024x576px
>>94719526
I don't think a terrible car would bankrupt a company anyway.
>>
>>94718509
Herb all the way

First of all Nepotism. He paid the price for giving such an important position to someone with absolutely no skills for the job at hand. He could have made Homer a low-ranking advisor or he could have simply surveyed him instead of giving him full control of a research and development department.
>>
>>94718509
Sneed
>>
>>94719641
To be fair, that wasn't ONE terrible car, it was several

I don't want to go full /o/ here but
The GTO had so much fucking potential, it could have been an awesome company-saving car but instead it looked like a glorified Pontiac Grand-Am

Look at the badass design of the better designed retro Mustang (2005) and retro Camaro, and Challenger, and how well those cars sold, and you can see the GTO could have been so much more.
>>
It's only all his fault if in the end his company went bankrupt and bought by Sneed's one
>>
>>94718938
He came back in another episode, was homeless and stayed with the family until he got back on his feet.
>>
>>94719945
Yeah, but never again after that.
>>
>>94719961
He works at Chuck's now.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (40KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
40KB, 356x200px
>>94718938
>>94719945
>>94719961

He's better off, trust me.

As Lisa said: "His life was an unbridled success until he found out he was a Simpson"

We probably never heard from him again because he built another empire from the initial capitol from the baby monitor, and the longer he stays away from his loser brother the better/more successful he'll remain.

Weird that he never even made a cameo again, but I feel it's for the best. They brought back Lurleen and it sucked.

Also more characters that never came back
>>
>>94720048
Epic.
>>
>>94720067
S
F
&
S
F
C
>>
File: news_103.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
news_103.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
>>94720057
More troubling to me is that this guy took over the entire east coast, to the point that he could give Homer the Denver Broncos, and yet HE was never heard from again.

The Denver Broncos ownership could explain why the Simpsons don't have to worry about money lately?
>>
>>94720089
Simply epic.
>>
>>94720048
Sneed's Chuck and Feed
>>
>>94720144
Feed's Snuck and Chuck.

Formerly Seed
>>
File: Karl.jpg (54KB, 351x240px) Image search: [Google]
Karl.jpg
54KB, 351x240px
>>94718509
While on the subject of one-time characters we miss

Who was this guy?

Why did he care so much about Homer?

Why did we never see him again?
>>
>>94720206
Gay
Gay
And Gay.
>>
>>94720412
Really?

I thought he was, like, his guardian angel or some shit
>>
>>94720489
Guardian Gayngel
>>
See, the joke lies within the rhyming of the store's name. Sneed, Feed, and Seed rhyme with each other as they each end in -eed. Taking that away, you are left with Sn, F, and S. The Sn is irrelevant in this point, but the F and S are important factors in this joke. The bottom line "Formerly Chuck's" provokes one to replace Sneed's name in the title, initially producing the name "Chuck's Feed & Seed. However, as the sign had previously conditioned us to rhyme all the words, the mind does not perceive this as the proper name. The mind then subconsciously isolates the F and S and looks to Chuck's name. Ch is thrown out as it has no rhyming value, and the true relevant phonetic begins with -uck. Therefore, applying the suffix to Ch, F, and S, we arrive at the title "Chuck's Fuck & Suck." The end result is a hilariously inappropriate name, one that would never fly on a public store. The reason this is not a true name is both due to an In-Universe reason and a much more abstract reason. Along with being morally offensive, this whole arrangement of words is a cleverly-devised sight gag, meant for someone to glance at it for the fleeting amount of time it has onscreen and ponder about it. "Sneed's Feed & Seed, Formerly Chuck's." They may first wonder who this Chuck fellow is before connecting his name in place of Sneed, and it is then the subconscious rhyming kicks in. The person thinks for a second, laughs, and says something along the lines of "That's hilarious. I can't believe they got away with that."
Of course, the joke is now ruined thanks to lolsofunny people spamming it to high heaven always asking, "What did they mean by this?" or "ITT: Joke's you don't get" or just randomly shouting Sneed and Chuck's names in random Simpsons threads, ruining or derailing any semblance of a discussion they had. Yes, we all know what the joke is. No, we don't need this to be a micromeme of the next few months. You're killing threads with it, so you can stop anytime now.
>>
>>94720525
Proof he was gay?

He seemed more of a caring person who looked after Homer, not someone who was interested in him romantically

I mean he did kiss him, but it was to prove a point, at least that's how I felt as a child when I saw it
>>
>>94720570
You need to turn on your gaydar, anon. He was as gay as they come.
>>
>>94718509
Herb. His company was failing and he didn't want to take the blame so he passed it onto Homer even though there was no chance that his idea would work.
>>
>>94719961
>>94719945
>>94718938
In one of the more recent seasons they did a throwaway gag where Homer calls Herb to ask for money but Herb's voicemail says he's broke again.

It was a pretty shitty thing to do.
>>
>>94720602
What makes you think he couldn't be a random kind stranger who wanted to help a lovable loser whose family was depending on him?

Or that he wasn't subtly an angel or guardian sent to help Homer?

Why's it have to be like that?
>>
File: Homer-Mindy-Simmons-C3565_sml.jpg (16KB, 250x191px) Image search: [Google]
Homer-Mindy-Simmons-C3565_sml.jpg
16KB, 250x191px
>>94720676
NO

FUCK THE SIMPSONS

WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST LEAVE IT ALONE

They fucked up Lurleen Lumpkin's return and now they fuck this up too?

At this rate I don't fucking want to know what became of Hank Scorpio taking over the east coast and I don't want to know what happened to Mindy Simmons
>>
>>94720693
Gay romance IS about helping each other, you and your partner are equals, shit is different, you're not man and woman raising a family, you're two guys against a world that hates you.
This is why i'm gay and against gay marriage, this is bullshit pushed by egotistical heteronormative biscum that want to play house not thinking who they're gonna hurt in the process.
>>
>>94720110
Hank Scorpio got a comic appearance actually.
>>
>>94720570
apparently they asked his voice actor to reprise the character in an episode where he was openly gay but he turned it down
>>
>>94720832

Mindy hit the bottle pretty hard after she and Homer were no longer a thing, and she wound up losing her job.

Presumably she is still a jobless alcoholic.
>>
>>94722459
she's appeared working at the plant in episodes after she was said to have been fired, so I guess she got rehired at some point
>>
>>94718509
It was Chuck. He lost control of the store to Sneed.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.