[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Detective Comics by Tynion or Batwoman by Epting any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: kate08.jpg (69KB, 800x1108px) Image search: [Google]
kate08.jpg
69KB, 800x1108px
Is Detective Comics by Tynion or Batwoman by Epting any good?
>>
No.
>>
>Expecting anything with Batwoman to be good
>>
>>94716031
Tynion is DC's Cullen Bunn. Just a guy that is as mediocre as possible that they can rely on to churn shit out.
>>
Nothing involving Kate has ever been good. Why doesn't DC shelve her? And Tim? And Lucas? And Harper? And Steph or Cass?

Bats
Dick
Jason
Damian
Duke
Babs
Cass OR Steph

Cap the Batfam there.
>>
>>94716941
>Duke
Really? People like Not Robin/Tim rip off?
>>
>>94716940
So his indies are good? Nice.

>>94716031
Yes, both. Ignore the edgy kids.
>>
>>94716959
Not a fan but I like him better than Lucas/Ironbat and anymore you need a black so why not? He's shuffling off to own book as a daytime Batman so we should only see him from time to time like when Babs shows up.
>>
>>94716941
Hydrology and elegy were good
>>
>>94717025
First Batwing was great, giving the Batwing suit to Fox was lazy, also giving Duke his own Batbook is awful, he's so boring when he joined the Batfamily at least when he was still in We are Robin, he had a personality.
>>
>>94717052
meme
the art was good, the story was forgettable and mediocre
>>
File: homer.png (419KB, 516x780px) Image search: [Google]
homer.png
419KB, 516x780px
>>94716941
>Damian
>Duke
>>
>>94716031

Tec is good for Jean Paul, Basil, and Cass. I can't tell you if Batwoman by Epting is good.
>>
>>94716031
No.
>>
>>94717077
Daimen has fans but yeah Duke is a shit choice
>>
>>94717076
Writing was just okay but the art more than makes up for it.
>>
>>94717077
>>94717156
I'd cut Duke if I could but writing is on the wall, he's not going anywhere. Same for black Wally.

I could be wrong though. Haven't seen Earth-2 black Superman in awhile.
>>
>>94717237
they said the same about a lot of new Batfamily entries and yet they are all still here
>>
>>94717266
At least Harper is gone
>>
>>94717299
>hating based Harper
>>
Detective feels like an average pre-Flashpoint comic, but it's one of the only things that scratches that nostalgia if most of your comics reading life has been between 2001-2009
>>
>>94716031
They're both decent.

If you're a fan of the characters, read them, if not, they're probably not going to change your mind.
>>
>>94716031
Batwoman is only good written by Rucka. It's a shame, she's a great character.
>>
>>94717333
Name one good thing about Harper. She pure fucking cringe and Snyder wrote Batman praising her as a perfect replacement for him. Pure fucking cringe anon.
>>
>>94719855
so just like every new batfamily character
>>
>>94717076
Ruckas Batwoman was a great character driven story. Blackman and Williams went full cray cray and it was awesome. From modern myths to Medusa to having the fucking Hydra even gave us the best team up of that year with Diana and Kate. I'm not saying it's the greatest thing ever but it was a damn good read. The next writer was ass though and this current run has been solid. /co/ normally praises the first two Batwoman runs...the fuck happened!?
>>
>>94721622
We grew up
>>
>>94721680
I guess but it's still on the best written female books in years great art for a long time and good story too. It has nothing but good for it. It even managed to not be too political outside the don't ask don't tell which I will admit is a little dated but still useable for now.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.