[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantasy Adventure (preferably based on feudal times)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: giphy.gif (276KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
276KB, 500x333px
ITT: We share our favorite fantasy adventure Cartoons, Comics and other media.

Good day /co/! I am an aspiring cartoonist like many of you. Today I felt like getting my butt in gear on my whole idea of a fantasy adventure story that I've had in mind for quite some time now.

My list of inspiration consist mostly of: Adventure time, Over the Garden Wall, and Steven universe of course as well as princess mononoke, Berserk, Hyper Light Drifter (as seen in the .gif), Lord of the Rings anthology, The Elder Scrolls Anthology, Magic the Gathering Anthology and maybe a little bit of D&D

I've also noticed that I don't know any Comics that fit in the same area as the stories I've listed above, so if you guys could give me some recommendations on some good page flippers that'd be great

Get discussing guys, I'm anticipating finding out what stories you guys love
>>
I can recommend a feudal fairytale, if you want...
>>
>>94711424
Pls do
>>
>>94711411
What's the source for that animated pixel art? I'm a sucker for good pixel art.
>>
A few obvious examples.

Bone.
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.
Savage Sword of Conan.
Dark Horse Conan.
DC's Demon Knights.
>>
>>94711411
Autumnlands
>>
>>94711411
Fantasy adventure?
Moomin? Nils Adventure (there's an anime of this)? Blue Blink (osamu tezuka story with an anime adaption, although this might be a bit "scifi" for you)

Also, if you like Blue Blink, most animated scifi shows are very similarly adventurey like WOY and Bounty Hamster.

Also, maybe night on the galactic railroad. I might look through my collection again later and see if I have anything you might like more.
>>
File: anya_rock_600a_lg.jpg (151KB, 600x748px) Image search: [Google]
anya_rock_600a_lg.jpg
151KB, 600x748px
>>94711411
>My list of inspiration consist mostly of:
>Over the Garden Wall
>Princess Mononoke,
>Berserk

Good stuff.

Is Hyper Light Drifter (as seen in the .gif) any good? I mean story-wise?

> maybe a little bit of D&D

I personally found the World of Darkness games better, but I had a decent GM and we preferred story telling instead of being spread-sheet warriors. Also I liked the original Changeling the Dreaming and original Wraith the Oblivion game settings. For example, Over the Garden Wall fits pretty neatly into the Changeling game. (People frequently try to shove it into Dante's Infernal but I think it's simply because they aren't exposed to much else, like faerie-tale settings.)

My recommendations for inspiration, though I freely admit I favor faerie-tales especially mixing with modern times.

FILM:
Coraline (2009)
Secret of Kells (2009) though I don't think it's quite as solid of a story delivery.
Song of the Sea (2014), very Ghibli feeling-esc and beautifully drawn.
My Neighbor Totoro (1988)
Spirited Away (2001)

COMICS:
Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol
Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley (2014)

Those two are short and sweet. I particularly like Anya's Ghost (pic related).

You might also like the classic Elfquest comic series by Wendy Pini. It's quite hefty but you can find them online to read now I think.
http://elfquest.com/read/digitalEQ.html

Full read online: http://elfquest.com/read/index.php?s=Elfquest

I also like Bikini Cowboy by FresherLuke. A fantasy Western comic with some flirting with /ss/. It's about 9-issues and isn't overly long. I find the old-west inspiring in the magic fantasy setting as well. If you need help getting that one, let the thread know.
>>
>>94713181

Hyperlight Drifter
>>
>>94715237
>Is Hyper Light Drifter (as seen in the .gif) any good? I mean story-wise?
its pretty much "show, don't tell" stuff and it's very well made. it also have it's own idiom.
the lore itself its adventuretime/darksouls/legendofzelda-ish and is very intriguing
>>
File: 1122017.jpg (142KB, 600x913px) Image search: [Google]
1122017.jpg
142KB, 600x913px
Conan
DC's Warlord
Tellos by 'Ringo
Battle Chasers
Way of the Rat
various Crossgen comics
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.