[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You're not still mad about this are you /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: tessa-thompson-valkyrie-1000x500.jpg (121KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
tessa-thompson-valkyrie-1000x500.jpg
121KB, 1000x500px
You're not still mad about this are you /co/?
>>
>>94711379
I'm not mad because I know the change was only meant to make me mad so I would go on Twitter and bitch and moan about the movie, thereby giving it free advertising.

No, instead I'm just going to buy a ticket to something else and sneak into Thor.
>>
File: Pensive dong.gif (736KB, 451x322px) Image search: [Google]
Pensive dong.gif
736KB, 451x322px
Well, a little.
>>
>>94711395
>Being this petty
>>
>>94711379
Will she be any more tolerable than she was in Westworld?
>>
>>94711379
why would i ever stop being mad about anything

anger is power
>>
File: 1498115036771.jpg (13KB, 216x291px) Image search: [Google]
1498115036771.jpg
13KB, 216x291px
>>94711379
IDC. I'm more worried that she'll be as terrible as she was in Westworld. She was so fucking bad in WW.
>>
>>94711503
That's the million dollar question, because she really sucked in that.
>>
Of course. There's a bunch of other roles for dark skinned women that she would have been a far superior choice for, many with far less clothing, but she's tied up in this shit.
>>
>>94711379
Never was mad.
>>
I never got mad because I don't care about movies I won't watch and characters I've only read about in like 2 issues (one of which she was played as a shitty SJW character giving speeches about men being terrible).
>>
>>94711544

>dark skinned women

I've yet to see a white female character replaced by anyone darker than Idris elba.
>>
>>94711644
This anon has a point. Are you americunts afraid of black women or something? I only see girls who can pass as tanned whites in your movies, but men can be as black as they want.
>>
>>94711379
why would I be mad about superior casting?
>>
>>94711379
Only because if it was reversed there would be colossal backlash. I dont really give a shit who they cast as long as they are a good actor. I just don't the like hypocracy
>>
>>94711730
isnt your complaining in itself the backlash
>>
Why would I be mad? It's not like I'm watching the movie.
>>
>>94711708
Whoopi Goldberg. That's all you guys deserve.
>>
>>94711739
You have turbo autism if you don't realize the orders of magnitude of difference
>>
>>94711379
Mad? No, I'm indifferent. I just turn my back on all capeshit now with rare exceptions. This is due to a large number of factors, but unnecessary trollish raceswaps from the studio is just one moderate factor.
>>
>>94711379
Nah. Valkyrie isn't an important enough of a character for me to get up in arms about. Her being black in this doesn't change anything about the structure or tone of the movie. It's not like MJ who's iconic as the definitive redhead of comics, or Johnny Storm who doesn't quite work as an adopted brother to Sue.

Sure she's supposed to be based on figures from Norse mythology, but we've had Idris as Heimdall and that worked out perfectly so I'm content to let them play with the races as they've stuck to their 'advanced aliens' rather than 'norse mythological' figures since the first outing. Plus, she actually looks pretty cool, at least judging by the trailers.

Honestly, Valkyrie doesn't have enough fans to be up in arms about this and the precedent was already set with Heimdall. You're just being pathetic if this triggers you.

(And to clarify, I believe people who wanted to Iron Fist to be Asian are fucking retarded)
>>
>>94711751
your bitching is no different from someone elses bitching.
>>
>>94711751
Why does magnitude make a difference? You care about this issue and more people care about the reverse.
>>
Nobody gave half a shit about this character until this happened. Same thing for that girl in Hellboy, same thing for Domino (well, I guess slightly more people legitimately liked Domino)
>>
>>94711876
Domino looks great. I understand why people are annoyed by it, considering that she's not actually white but it's part of her mutation that she looks the way she does. However, this is the Fox X-Men universe and whilst Deadpool may be the most authentic and fantastical element of it, everything else is pretty grounded so this was the easiest way to transition the character to the screen.

Honestly, as long as they retain her powers, and her sassy lethality then I'll be content.
>>
>>94711437
They started it.
>>
>>94711379
No, I'm not mad about the casting, OP. I'm mad that so many threads have been made about it.
>>
>>94711379
Yes
Its degradation and disgusting
>>
These movies are only very loosely based on comics anyway, so I really don't care.
>>
Fine with the race change, I am not fine with her outfit/hair not looking a god damn fucking thing like any version of the character ever.
And the actress on a personal level can go fuck her high & mighty hypocritical cunt self for saying a female character can't be strong if she has exposed legs despite the bitch showing her ass in multiple movies/shows.
>>
>>94711876
>>94711906
Don't have a problem with the color reversal.
I have a problem with the actress choosen not being dark enough for the contrast to be striking at all.
I have a issue with the actress being ugly as fuck & having hairy fucking underarms like a god damn cave girl piece of shit.
>>
>>94712362
By casting an actress to get more black people to see the movie?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.