[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were there only four jokes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: rick and morty s3e4.jpg (157KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rick and morty s3e4.jpg
157KB, 1280x720px
Why were there only four jokes?
>>
>>94710951
I thought there was only one joke in the past 3 episodes.
>>
Something I noticed only on a repeat viewing ... in the middle of that little rocket-ship ride intended for Noob-Noob, Rick appears to have added cardboard standups of the three fallen "heroes of colour" -- Lady Katana, Diablo Verde, and Calypso.
>>
>>94710951
Because "Rick is so much smarter than the heroes. Look, he created an elaborate trap for them... while drunk! It's just another crazy weekend for Rick!" was supposed to sustain the episode. The problem is, it wasn't a funny enough premise to run on the premise itself alone. Kind of like Pickle Rick, actually. And the Mad Max one.

These new writers seem to hope that you're amused enough by the absurdity of the situation to not realize that the jokes-per-minute have been knocked down substantially.
>>
Notice how the female character was the only one who wasn't funny?
>>
File: 1493494280180.png (868KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493494280180.png
868KB, 554x400px
>>94711034
Pickle Rick was actually good though, only the Mad Max one was trash this season.

Nothing can be worse than Get Shwifty anyway.
>>
>>94711196
I liked Pickle Rick too but it seems we're the minority.

So many anons are complaining that redditors oversaturated the joke, but I haven't seen anything like that. Probably because I don't go to reddit. The only pickle spammers on /co/ are faggots who hate Rick And Morty and want to create their own evidence that the fans are insufferable.

But that's just a theory.
>>
File: 1472872026245.png (61KB, 208x339px) Image search: [Google]
1472872026245.png
61KB, 208x339px
>>94711222
uh no pickle posting was an ironic jab at people who hate Rick and Morty.
Problem was that those people aren't really smart enough to realize they're being made fun of, so they thought they were in good company.
>>
>>94710951
You forgot to count your life. That's five jokes.
>>
>>94711671
lmao ebin xD you should write for rick and morty, include me in the screencap
>>
>>94710951
It was a bad episode. I don't usually feel annoyance towards Rick but I did in this one.
>>
>>94711034
The idea that "Rick gets so blackout drunk he puts himself and everyone around him in a Mad Science Saw deathtrap maze." is a perfectly fine episode premise. The punchline at the end with Noob Noob usurping Morty as the object of affection was also a reasonably funny idea.

But ideas and executions are entirely different things.

I mean, shit, even for Rick and Morty, the episode seemed really mean spirited, especially towards GotG and Marvel in general but it a petty, pointless, blatant, too on the nose way.

Take the Christmas episode from season 1; it was a spin on Jurassic Park, and it was hilarious and over the top ghoulish by the end, but it wasn't just a straight up rip on JP being stupid or whatever. Here however, it's Rick (at times literally) shitting over a specific franchise painted up to look as horrible as possible. The joke was run into the ground. It got stale *fast*.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.