[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amazing Spider man Starting point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: tenor.gif (1MB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
1MB, 267x200px
only read DC comics my entire life and want to know where a good starting point is for the Amazing Spiderman.I found out it has been rebooted like 4 times but still requires that you read the other issues.where do I start?
>>
>>94710144
One more day
>>
Will that take me up to the most recent Spiderman issues? or is that a really good Spiderman story?
>>
>>94710144

You can either go old school or start with The Amazing Spider-Man - from Vol. 2, Issue 30. That's the JMS run and probably the best place to read. And get Bendis's first New Avengers run which starts with Breakout. That stuff is good.

When you get to an arc called Sins Past... stop. And pretend that ASM ended forever at that point.

Don't listen to >>94710169 that's when things get really bad.
>>
>>94710201
Will do thanks very much for your help, so im assuming vol2 is the second reboot?
>>
>>94710228

I guess, that's just info from the wiki. J. Michael Straczynski is the writer's name.

The reason why you stay away from Sins Past is because it ruins Gwen Stacy and OMD ruins Peter Parker and basically made ASM the mess it is today. And it has a writer named Slott that has been driving it into the ground for the past several years.

It's all bad.
>>
>>94710253
well then I'll remember that
>>
>>94710201
You left out the Deadpool/Spider-Man run. Unless that isn't the Amazing Spider-Man pete
>>
>>94710144
At the beginning, m8. Forget about the other #1's they honestly appear to exist for the sole purpose of confusing newcomers, none of them are a decent start and all outright require a lot of pre-reading. I honestly don't think there's such a thing as a good jumping on point, sooner or later something from before you started is going to be relevant and you'll be lost. Only way to go is from the start. Luckily Silver Age Spidey ain't bad and the book's peak in quality is less than halfway though.
>>
>>94710228
>reboot
Just to clear up this misunderstanding, there are no reboots. The first renumbering is just to fuck with you. The original numbering scheme returns soon enough. The second two renumberings are the fault of stupid Marvel crossover events, frankly I expect that the book will go back to it's original numbering scheme sometime around what will be #900.
>>
>>94711362
No the first was after heros reborn when they tried fucking with his origin, tiring it to doc ocks and what not. Which was weird cause he wasn't one of the heros that died fighting onslaught. They reverted back at issue 500 than he made it to 700 when superior happened than reversions back to one before civil war now here we are. The only bullshit I call on the renunbering is he's including renew your vows in it which just feels like another big fuck you considering it's a splinter universe only created because editorial dosen't know how to get peter married again. The remembering is getting us to issue 800
>>
Yeah. There's 3 great places to start - JMS's run up to Book of Ezekiel, Ultimate Spider-Man and Amazing Fantasy #15.
>>
>>94710201
Is spiderman worldwide and renew your vows bad?
>>
>>94712808
I like Renee your vows it's nice to have Conway on a spider book he knows how peter works and it's great to see him back with MJ. Haven't read world wide
>>
>>94710144
Amazing Spider-Man hasn't been rebooted. It's been relaunched, but it's still all canon outside of specific things that have gotten individually retconned.
There are three main starting points.
You can start at the beginning with the Lee/Ditko run. Just keep reading until you hit stuff you don't like. Spidey was consistently good well into the 80s, so you could easily read until The Clone Saga without problems. You might have to branch out into some of his other titles at a certain point.

If you're one of the people who can't stand the old style of writing, you can start at >>94710201. Skip the Sins Past and Sins Remembered storylines. Keep going until Civil War happens and avoid One More Day. There's also a controversial storyline that involves magic. Some people like it, some write off the whole run because of it.

If you want to avoid all those iffy stories, start at Brand New Day. Lots of people hate it because it came after One More Day, but it's really not bad outside of that context. Slott's run starts in this period, and despite him being hatted now it was good then. Personally I think his run went down hill after Spider-Island and would stop there. There are a few people who loved Superior, but I'd say avoid it unless you absolutely love the premise. I will give him credit for one particular page towards the end that was absolutely amazing and nearly justified the entire thing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.