[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Duke should have died in this movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault (13).jpg (58KB, 1296x972px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (13).jpg
58KB, 1296x972px
Do you think Duke should have died in this movie?
>>
>>94709048

Yes
>>
File: Duke dies.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Duke dies.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
Yes, those last minute changes really make the whole thing seem silly. Also what better way to die than under Scarlett's rack?
>>
>>94709048
>nutted but she still suckan
>>
Would it matter? Nothing came afterwards.

No the DIC series doesn't count.
>>
>>94709484

Jinx never appeared in an actual episode
>>
>>94709048
Not that early, but after a half of the movie, at least.
>>
>>94709048
>Hey Transformers writers, guess what we're going to kill Duke off in our movie. Top that!
>Oh yeah Duke writers? Well then we'll kill off Optimus Prime and every other character people love, AND we'll put our movie out before yours! Suck it!
>Millions of children traumatized
>Hey Transformers writers, we're not going to kill off Duke after all, sorry about tricking you into ruining your show and all.
>>
Nobody gave two shits about Duke. People were more upset about what happened to Cobra Commander.
>>
>>94709048
The original version of the movie had him actually dying. They ran it by test audiences and no one liked it. So they had last minute changes to keep him alive.

That movie was fucked up. It's a prime example of the weird story telling that could come out of the 80s. And that's coming from someone who fucking loves the 1980s era and movies and stories.

Who else here thinks the first 4 minutes intro are basically the only thing to watch, and forget the rest of the film?
>>
>>94712059
It was more like
>Hey G.I. Joe writers, whatcha writin?
>Oh, we're just writing a dramatic scene where Duke dies in battle. It's never really been done in children's media before, so we're pretty excited.
>That's a good idea. Maybe we'll kill off some characters in our movie too. That way we can introduce the new toys as the characters who replace them.

>Millions of children traumatized

>Hasbro: Hey, G.I. Joe writers? We can't let you kill off Duke. We got too many angry letters from parents about the Transformers movie.
>>
>>94713079
I unironically like the G.I. Joe movie. It was just weird from a canonical standpoint. From what I hear, the writers pitched two ideas about how to introduce the Serpentor character. The first one was the TV series origin, where they collect DNA from ancient historical figures to create a super tyrant. The other was the movie idea, that he was from an ancient society called Cobra-la.

And so Hasbro said "Let's do both!" and so the writers had to do this convoluted explanation that Cobra-la some how incepted the idea of making Serpentor for them into Dr. Mindbender's mind.

But it's pretty amazingly animated for what it is. Watch that Duke death scene with the audio muted. It's very obvious that they animated it as a death scene and not slipping into a coma. The acting is well drawn.
>>
Duke should've died, Optimus should've lived.
>>
>>94709502
Really? Huh. That's a shame. She was cute.
>>
>>94714841
DiC episodes started in 1988, she didn't have a current toy to shill or character importance like Baroness.
>>
>>94713079
>Who else here thinks the first 4 minutes intro are basically the only thing to watch, and forget the rest of the film?
Literally everyone I've ever talked to about the movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-X8T6vYkLI
>>
>>94714105
This movie was my introduction to G.I. Joe and even as a kid, I hated the main character, Falcon. I never understood why FALCON was related to Duke and not HAWK, despite looking more like him than Duke... and the fact that his character arc is invalidated by the insipid "DUKE'S GONNA BE OKAY!" ADR doesn't help.
>>
Was the Movie the first time Sgt. Slaughter showed up in G.I. Joe?

Because that's another redeeming value.

"I'M SENDING YOU HOME IN A KITTY BAG... AN ITTY, BITTY, KITTY BAG!"
>>
>>94715205

No, Sgt Slaughter made his debut at the start of the 2nd season.

https://youtu.be/ACQ_vielNwc
>>
>>94714752
This. Fuck Hot Rod, nobody actually likes him.
>>
>>94714105

Completely agree with you, anon. The animation is amazing, there's some great voice-acting, and it's a genuinely entertaining animated action movie. Just a really strange one.

I can understand why comics-only fans would hate it, but by the standards of the cartoon, Cobra-La isn't even the weirdest thing that happened.

That cartoon had the Joes fight ghosts, ape-men, a giant germ, Egyptian gods, and a Lovecraftian monster that lived under Destro's castle. They travelled back in time, and to an alternate dimension. Anyone who thinks Cobra-La was too weird just hadn't been watching.
>>
>optimus prime died in the transformers movie.

>children cried and got traumatized a lot.

>that, alongside the backlash from the gijoe test viewings made them rewrote duke's death into a coma.

>people still got angry.

I dunno if i should be happy or sad that i never got the chance to be part of those fandoms (born in 1986).

The only thing i regret is that i will never be able to play with an actual g1 transformer toy, my brother and cousins had them but i wasnt even able to even see them, those things are probably collecting rust in a junkyard or being part of the recycled metals of someones vacuum cleaner.
>>
>>94709048
yes. The strong feelings that people were having when Optimus Prime died was a good thing.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.