[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What beats speed-blitzing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: faggot flash.png (1MB, 599x911px) Image search: [Google]
faggot flash.png
1MB, 599x911px
So, I fucking hate speedsters in comics, cartoons, etc.
I hate them with a burning passion.

They make everything nonsensical and ruin perfectly good storylines for me.

Is there anything capable of taking them out reliably?
Maybe just fucking not use them anymore?
>>
File: Team 6.png (515KB, 676x557px) Image search: [Google]
Team 6.png
515KB, 676x557px
>>94706035
>It is flash time traveling to past in order to fuck up some more history.

I don't get why no time master stops his actions by now. Time traveling is now part of his powers.
>>
File: 1330533905609.jpg (60KB, 400x436px) Image search: [Google]
1330533905609.jpg
60KB, 400x436px
>>94706035
To be honest i think Speedsters are fine, the issue is that writers powercreep them way to hard with secondary effects. *cough*Speedforce*cough*

A good speedster is the one that when punching something durable enough at superspeeds just pulp their own hands and when when going SPEED OF LIGHT actually can't see shit and isn't immune from the impact of "SUPER MOMENTUM PUNCH/" themselves.
>>
If you read some Flash comics you'd see the threats are rarely just guys trying to kill/beat the Flash. They're usually situations that the Flash has to use his powers to solve creatively.

That said, Flash also faces plenty of direct threats because he doesn't ALWAYS go light speed or anything like that, his normal speed is subsonic. He only goes full-out when it's a serious threat, plus he has to worry about collateral damage.

Try reading Waid's Flash or Johns' Flash, that do a good job of making Flash very powerful while still making credible threats and raising the stakes.

Or don't, because you've already made up your mind and don't want to change it.
>>
>>94706320
OP has clearly decided that he hates speedsters like some people hate Superman. He's not here to change his mind.
>>
>Is there anything capable of taking them out reliably?

Reality warpers
Wizards
Godlike beings
Extradimensional entities
Time manipulators
Invulnerability
Psychics
>>
>>94706407
>Godlike beings
>Extradimensional entities
These are the only two that can reliably do it. The rest lose to speed+phasing.
>>
>>94706430
Not really

Contingencies will always beat speed
>>
>REEEEEEEEE THIS CHARACTER IS OVERPOWERED NERF PLS

Stop thinking of stories as video games, child.
>>
>>94706430
Just like with Batman, really any fictional hero but especially Batman, if the writer wants someone to beat Flash, they do. Flash gets BTFO all the time.

>>94706462
Also this.
>>
>>94706430
You forgot wizards and reality warpers
Arguably time manipulators as well

Psychics win if they get the initiative
>>
>>94706499
Flash is a time manipulator and technically a reality warper.
>>
>>94706683
Yes, except he's going up against people that take that to the extremes, such as high level wizards or actual damn gods.

His 'reality warping' is more specialized. We're comparing something linear to something radically dynamic.

It's not a fair comparison, really.

Wizards have an answer to everything and gods are, well, gods.
>>
>>94706035
>Is there anything capable of taking them out reliably?

Yes. By creating a character who's power is specifically
>"He is immune to any and all effects generated by a speed force user. Anyone who taps into the speed force around him all go insane and for the rest of their lives believe themselves to be dogs or something"
>>
>>94706320
I would like to note i don't hate Flash, but i dislike the Speedforce as a "The Speedforce gives this convenient effect in this situation" element and story resolver, i always found his better stuff when things are resolved without it being mentioned or tapped into, but i still know it got its fans and won't be done away with.

And a character being "Unbeatable" isn't necessarily a bad thing provided the writer is entertaining with the idea.
>>
>>94706875
Flash isn't necessarily unbeatable. There are plenty of people in the DC universe capable of annihilating him.

Outside of DC even.
>>
>>94706499
>Psychics win if they get the initiative
>if they get initiative against the guy with 99999999999999999999999 dexterity
>>
I love speedsters--Wally, Barry, and Jay are some of my favorites, but I HATE their expanded powerset. I blame Waid and the Speedforce personally.

Their powers need to be more double-edged if you ask me, though.

Time travel? Enjoy your chaos theory where the world totally changes because you wiped your ass with one too many sheets of paper than before and caused the next person to use the shitter to go on a homicical rampage because they ran of out TP in the public restroom.

Break the speed of light? Risk getting whisked out of existence into that fucking Speedforce or tearing apart time and space in the areas you travel.

Kinetic power absorption? The sudden onset of energy causes an explosion around the speedster.

Vibrating through walls or people? The atoms of whatever the speedster just zipped through become unstable and shift, either weakening what was phased through or the person gets raped up the ass by shit similar to lethal radiation poisoning. If they survive, they can go chill with some terminal cancer or whatever, assuming they don't just turn into mush from the atomic breakdown.

Punch shit at supersonic speeds? I hope you're wearing some hardcore shock-absorbing gauntlet because those bones are becoming dust.

And for fuck's sake, WHY DOES THE SPEEDFORCE MAKE A UNIFORM?! Make your own and shove that shit into that damn ring like before.
>>
>>94706962
More like an ambush. Flash is fucked if Professor X decides to mentally dominate him during tea time.
>>
>>94707004
Ok, well, DC has had some terrible writers compared to, say, Marvel. Not by much though.

It's like they constantly want to one-up themselves, and others. It's strange.
>>
>>94707100
>DC has had some terrible writers compared to, say, Marvel
Are you joking?
>>
>>94707110
Here comes the whining
>>
>>94707100
Heheh, you can say that again. It's like they get together for week-long bender and see who can come up with the most insane shit in the timeframe.
>>
>>94707138
Name for me these supposedly bad writers DC has had and the better ones Marvel had.
>>
>>94706407
>Reality warpers
Seems obvious
>Wizards
Same as above. Flash loses to (classic)Doctor Strange.
>Godlike beings
Depends how godlike
>Extradimensional entities
Same as above.
>Time manipulators
More than likely
>Invulnerability
Stalemate
>Psychics
As others stated. Whoever acts first wins.
>>
>>94707171
I'm just not going to get into this for obvious reasons. I refuse to derail a thread.
>>
>>94707196
OK, I'm just going to assume you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>94707225
I will let you believe that if it means you will drop it.
>>
>>94707100
Please immediately stop using this website.
>>
>>94706035
Deathstroke is super effective against speedsters for some reason
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.