[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who will win?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 452
Thread images: 57

File: RCO021.jpg (460KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO021.jpg
460KB, 1041x1600px
Who will win?
>>
i am because I don't know what's going on here and will continue to not read to find out
>>
Obviously the two hammer spirits are going to fug, and start making baby hammers.

Thor Corps starts now
>>
>>94703650
Thats too bad its really good.
>>
>>94703650
>Not reading one of the best Marvel comics

Commit sudoku
>>
>>94703703
did jane thor ever get her own personality than female thor?
>>
>>94703755
Yeah, from like the first trade. Did you ever read it?
>>
>>94703633
Well War Thor has a belly ache so that should slow him down plus hes crazy. Jane is fucked if she loses the hammer at some point but she is clear headed, and has more experience fighting as a Thor.

Though I suspect this fight will be concluded when Odinson shows up and does some cool lightning bending to stop the fight.
>>
>>94703650
>I am so above these picture books for children I'm gonna go into a thread and tell people I don't read them
>>
>>94703703
>Aaron's book
>good
ok, can't wait for someone to fix this franchise like every other one he's ruined
>>
>>94703633

Fem-Thor, naturally. She has the power of Feminist Plot Armor. Unless Odinson jumps in the middle of the fight puts a stop to it.
>>
>>94703874
She has plot armor but it comes from it being her book. You have to be fucking retarded to think feminism is the reason.
>>
>>94703633

By all rights, War Thor should win because he's stronger, faster, and far more experienced.

However, Lady Thor will win because vagina.
>>
>>94704023

>You have to be fucking retarded to think feminism is the reason.

Feminism is the reason the character exists in the first place. And her book has a long history of SJW bullshit. Tumblr sycophants like you just keep living in denial.
>>
>>94704082
I guess Odinson only ever won fight thanks to his penis
>>
File: Thor 005-004.jpg (512KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Thor 005-004.jpg
512KB, 1041x1600px
>>94703755
>>94703794
>>94703874
>>94704023
>>94704082
>>94704128
Isn't she the "Thor" that fights the "muh soggy knees".
>>
>>94704128
Long history? Only an idiot who dont know shit except what he saw on /co/ would say that. So go ahead and post your one page from three years ago.
>>
>>94704186
Oh wait somelse already did, guess >>94704128
have nothing to do but leav since thats your only contribution
>>
>>94703703
>>94703794
Oh, its this faggot again.
Describe her personality then and how is she a good character
>>
>>94704200
Literally the same faggot that posts the same thing over and over again. You are so predictable and can't even defend your shitty Mary Sue.
>>
>>94704200

Oh look, its that one fanboy from Tumblr who starts these threads and gets salty every fucking time someone points out the fact FemThor is an SJW superhero.

No, this books is not good, every storytime it has ranged from either cringe-worthy propaganda to just outright boring and not very well written.
>>
>>94704186
Only if you don't actually read it, and you think cherry picking isn't he same as the whole story.

This Thor fist-fought Odin across galaxies and nebulas over the right to stand on Asgard, this Thor took time to investigate Mjolnir and the power Odinson always assumed was permanent and by design taking her to seldom visited locations and adding to the Thor mythos for the first time in years, this Thor balances fighting earthly villains with standing on an inter-realms council with fighting Malaketh in a huge war. This Thor has done a hundred things completely unrelated to her gender or her replacing Odinson, things that are fresh and new for the title. If anyone actually reads the damn book, you'd see a lot more than than "muh feminism".
>>
>>94704082
War Thor is also critically injured. Had half his stomach cut wide open and burned severely just a few pages prior.
>>
>>94703794

Yes. That's why I haven't read anything past it. No but seriously what a shitty start to a series.
>>
>>94704299
His posts are very predictable with the same call out "hur dur you keep reposting the same shit from three years ago"
>>
>>94704325
Not that anon, but post newer pages. I want to see if she is a mary-sue.
>>
>>94703633
>Wor vs Whor

pls, no mor
>>
>>94704305

Yea, so a feminist Mary-Sue who shits on the already established mythology. A very common trait in SJW heroes.
>>
>>94704374
I mean I'm not that guy, but in just gunna say even before when Odinson was still Thor he was one of the most powerful and unstoppable and nearly perfect heroes in Marvel, so of course it's going to be a little bit Mary-Sue.
>>
File: janefoster.jpg (655KB, 1572x2511px) Image search: [Google]
janefoster.jpg
655KB, 1572x2511px
>>94704305
It's cool that it seems she has a lot more depth than I had initially thought, but at this point my only real gripe is not that she's female, but that she's called "Thor".

I mean it's "his" name right? Beta Ray Bill isn't "Thor", Thunderstrike isn't "Thor", so why does Jane Foster take the name "Thor" instead of creating her own persona.

This is the same reason I don't like Riri Williams aka "Iron Heart" books being labeled "Iron Man".
>>
>>94704395
Name one thing that was already established that has been changed or removed. The only thing that's happened was that a few dead characters came back, and some blank spots in the lore was filled in.
>>
>>94704449

Thats not what I said, what you described was the new hero literally doing everything better than the old one, while taking a shit on the rest of the mythology in the process.
>>
>>94704440
This is actually addressed in the comics, though I don't have the screenshot. Odinson really doesn't like that he's unworthy and has a hard time dealing with it, not as much as Odin hates the idea of it but he still struggles with it. At a certain point, after they've worked together to do something following a defeat of Odinson, Odinson admits that he's unworthy, and willingly gives his name to Thor. Odin hates that, but it was a very dramatic moment that was built up over a few issues.
>>
>>94703744

If this is your idea of one of the best, what is the best Marvel comic in your opinion?
>>
>all this desperate defense of a shitty sjw book
This board is lost
>>
>>94704440

That's how Marvel is doing it these days. It's all about the name selling comics. It's not a new thing but never to this degree at the same time.
>>
>>94704474
Incorrect, and if you'd read the comic you'd know that. She brawls Odin, and Odin in decline who is sharing the throne with his brother, and she doesn't even win she just stalls him for awhile until something more important comes up. She investigates strange things about Mjolnir, Odinson just never really did that, he took it at face value. It's not something she did "better", it's just a way she's different than Odinson was that I find refreshing and a good example of her being her own character. Absolutely no mythology has been shit on or erased or anything like that, I don't know where you're getting that from, please don't say it again without giving an example.
>>
File: muh patriarchy.jpg (157KB, 593x457px) Image search: [Google]
muh patriarchy.jpg
157KB, 593x457px
I'm glad that chauvinist bigot Odin finally got ridiculed for running such a shitty anti-female civilization.
>>
>>94704440
are you surprised by this? SJW filth want to erase anything that doesn't align with their agenda, and heterosexual white males are the enemy. Twats and blacks are always the hero and winner and Caucasian men are evil.
>>
>>94703633

>War Thor

Marvel fans are idiots for buying this garbage
>>
>>94704492

And the funny thing is the reason why he's Unworthy is going to be revealed to be something really fucking stupid or lame, because the true reason why he's Unworthy is because Marvel wanted to push the new Feminist "Better" Thor. Thats essentially what was whispered to Thor's ear, that he's a hetero white male and therefore too problematic.
>>
>>94704529
I see a lot of extensively written, cited, and thought out examples of why this is a good character, and a bunch of shitposting in response.
>>
>>94704290
>>94704299
>>94704325

Salty
>>
>>94704492

She took the name first. She was even called out for and it was legitimate but she took a fake moral high ground. And it's Thors name. You don't give up your identity because you feel bad. If they didn't kill off Donald Blake they could actually pull it off. Not to mention missed opportunity to make Thor into a woman by messing with his gender and making him trans which actually works with an alternate canon and Norse mythology.
>>
>>94704615

I see some lists of accomplishments, not any explanation as to why she's a good character.
>>
>>94704606
The reason he is unworthy was already revealed and it was really stupid and lame. I really wanted them to never reveal it, I thought it was a more compelling story that way. Nick Fury said to him "Gorr was right", meaning that God's only cause strife and discord and help no one and are better off dead. It's really bad, I like the new Thor a lot but I will say that that is a fucking terrible reason.
>>
>>94704554
>That's how Marvel is doing it these days. It's all about the name selling comics. It's not a new thing but never to this degree at the same time.

DC and marvel have been shoehorning characters in the beginning. Look at hawkman, Blue beetle (new one), cyborg, hulk, fantastic four, war machine, Jason todd, superboy, steel. You people just got used to it.
>>
>>94704657
Read the thread. That was a response to someone saying that Thor didn't do anything aside from "be girl Thor" and "fight mugh soggy knees". The list of what's she's done wasn't meant to speak to her character, but to show that she does more than just push an agenda. Please keep up, this isn't complicated stuff.
>>
>>94704674

Heres the thing though, DC knows how to shoehorn new minority characters and actually writes them to be new characters, not just female Mary Sues that fight the evil patriarchy.
>>
>>94704606
Its already been revealed why h became unworthy. Long story short he doesnt think anyhod is worthy, including himself because the majority of them are raging assholes who make things worse.
>>
>>94704674
>these examples

What? Anon are you sure you read comics?
>>
>>94704565
Don't bother, retards like him will never stop.
>>
>>94704702
That's not what this is about, though. She doesn't fight patriarchy, she fights Odin being xenophobic, no matter who the new Thor was even if it was a man, Odin would have been against it. You'd know this if you read the comic, Odin hates her because he wants his son to be Thor and no one else.
This Thor fights Malaketh, and Roxxon, and a few other less important threats. Not mysoginy. It's not pushing feninism, it's just Thor being Thor.
>>
>>94704648
The fuck you talking about, Odinson basically made her take the name.
>>
>>94704764

Of course he did, straight out of Mary-Sue stereotypes when the main character admits the new character is better in every way.
>>
>>94704764
Her inner monologue shows her calling herself Thor from the start, but doesn't officially or outwardly accept the title until Odinson basically forces her to take the name. Both are correct.
>>
>>94704774
The main character admits she's worthy, not that she's better in every way. Even the comics show her not being better in every way, she specifically notices that she can't do certain things that she knows Thor could. She can do some things Thor couldn't, but that just helps to make her different. I don't see why you think she's some kind of super-Thor, nothing has ever shown this.
>>
>>94704696

Then where are the "extensively written, cited, and thought out examples of why this is a good character"?
>>
>>94703633
Thorstagg has my heart with him.
>>
>>94704812

>I don't see why you think she's some kind of super-Thor, nothing has ever shown this.

>Above a fanboy lists all the reasons why Fem-Thor is better than the old one.
>>
>>94704720
>What? Anon are you sure you read comics?

Explain? It was characters that was getting push.
>>
>>94704774
But he didnt think that, if anything he was being kind catty about it.

>you can have the two-timing hammer bitch.

>>94704782
If I got a hammer that shot lightning I would probably call myself Thor.
>>
>>94704836
I was both of those people, and I wasnt saying why she was better. I even made another post explaining why, glad to see you skipped it to cherry-pick. I don't see how you can read "she punched Odin once, she didn't really win though" and think "WOWEE!! SHES SO PERFECT AND UNSTOPPABLE!!" I don't get how you can read "she explored unchecked corners of the mythos and added to it" and think "HOW IS SHE SOO GREAT?? IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE!!" Nothing about that brief synopsis of a few plot points shows her being Mary-Sue at all.
>>
File: Volstagg the Lion of Asgard.jpg (114KB, 387x566px) Image search: [Google]
Volstagg the Lion of Asgard.jpg
114KB, 387x566px
>>94704835
>>
File: Volstagg the thin.jpg (54KB, 400x705px) Image search: [Google]
Volstagg the thin.jpg
54KB, 400x705px
>>94704908
so cool to see Volstagg all beefed up again
>>
>>94704886

>But he didnt think that, if anything he was being kind catty about it.

But of course, he's an evil white male, he wouldn't give away that power willingly, can't have Fem-Thor be friends with someone who's part of evil Patriarchy so just make Thor and Odin suddenly act like assholes for no reason.
>>
I'm curious if there would be any hypothetical way that a female Thor could be written that would satisfy /co/. Is there any way to make it work, or would everyone always be against it no matter what?
>>
File: Volstagg thin.png (474KB, 374x650px) Image search: [Google]
Volstagg thin.png
474KB, 374x650px
>>94704929
>>
File: volstagg full frontal.jpg (80KB, 412x648px) Image search: [Google]
volstagg full frontal.jpg
80KB, 412x648px
>>94704945
>>
>>94704835
Sounds liked Volstagg and Thor-Thor fucked
>>
File: Thorstagg.jpg (282KB, 1200x1845px) Image search: [Google]
Thorstagg.jpg
282KB, 1200x1845px
I know he won't keep a hammer for long, but I love Thorstagg already, 3rd best Thor
>>
>>94703633
A man, beating a women?
In 2017?
Better check your privilege, cis-scum!
>>
>>94704934
Odin has specific and we'll explained reasons for being an ass. His brother corrupting him for one, and his pride for another. The hammer defies him and refuses his commands, so he view this Thor as a thief or some kind of corrupting force. It's not randomly evil, it's a character acting adversarily against someone who he views as a threat.
Odinson isn't a dick to anyone really, he just has depression for like three issues, and deals with it like an alcoholic rich spoiled brat that he is would, and then gets over it. Where are you getting this wild dismissive claims from, it's like you never even read the comics?
>>
>>94704941
There is a daughter of thor.

But that is non-canon bullshit. It is same thing with spider-girl. I don't like off-spring heroes, because they were born to be a hero. Like what if damian wanted to be a doctor instead of a vigilante?
>>
>>94704934
Ow, I rolled my eyes do hared I broke a blood vessel
>>
>>94704628
Not an argument, buddy.
>>
>>94705028

>Odinson isn't a dick to anyone really, he just has depression for like three issues, and deals with it like an alcoholic rich spoiled brat that he is would

Odin wasn't an alcoholic rich spoiled brat before, he only became that simultaneously when Tumblr-Thor was introduced. Now Odin and Odinson both are just evil white men who just kind act like assholes for no reason so the poor female main character would have a reason to be angry at those evil white men and gamergaters.

The early run was so incredibly bad that all the patchwork they try to fix it with won't help shit.
>>
>>94705110
Are you fucking kidding me? That's literally the origin of Thor, that he was such an alcoholic rich spoiled brat that Odin took his power and threw him out of Asgard. He's always been alcoholic, the MCU referenced it a lot, three dozen Thor stories revolve around it or specifically focus on his drinking. He's a fucking Prince of an entire real, of course he's rich! And every single avenger has mentioned how spoiled he is at some point. What even the fuck are you talking about? Do you even read Thor?
>>
>>94704941
Alternate Universe, but even then probably not. Just give it time, ten years from now when some other person becomes Thor or Jane gets a sidekick it will be them getting hated on.
>>
>>94705110
>evil white men and gamergaters.

Dude, are you made of buzzwords?
>>
>>94705103
Neither were the other posts, friend
>>
You guys are idiots. If you want to show why Whor is being pushed as feminism and oh so good, just show a couple of pages from the last issue.
>>
>>94704941

Just literally make it Thor Odinson-turned-Odindóttir via magical fuckery.
>>
>>94705208
Go ahead.
>>
>>94704628
Sodium chloride
>>
>>94705110
Odin was just pissed that there was a council instead of him being lord bigshot, and once his wife was hurt he stopped caring. Odinson isnt evil at all just bitter that he lost the hammer, but he will probably be better without it in the long run.
>>
>>94704662
So why the hell is he not worthy?
>>
>>94705242
Ten bucks says they post the joke cover page
>>
>>94705321
It's a really long story, and I'll repeat that I think it's bad but here's a short summary. Mjolnir is sentient, and can decide who is worthy and who isn't. Mjolnir decided to agree with Nick Fury, and so an Asgardian wasn't worthy, but a human was.
>>
>>94705321
Self conciously he doesn't believe gods are capable of being worthy. To petty and separate from the rest of the universe.
>>
>>94704941
Sure. There are tons of ways to do it, but the worst way they could have gone about it was the one they choose. It's the way they always choose.

They get rid of the beloved original and have someone who's got no following, or is completely new, or who doesn't deserve the title to take over and be either just as good if not better than the original.

Just start with some grassroots origin. Like all the big shots. Start small. Build a following. Get people to like the character, then maybe have them rub elbows with the greats to bolster their popularity.
>>
>>94705370
Shit comprehension you got there
>>
File: 1426998231719.jpg (32KB, 615x456px) Image search: [Google]
1426998231719.jpg
32KB, 615x456px
>>94705370
>>94705401
>Asgardians have been worthy for eons
>A handful of humans have been worthy for a couple minutes
>The hammer has just now decided in 2000-whatever that Asgardians are no longer worthy
>>
>>94705405
They didn't get rid of the original, though. And they used a character that's been around for over a decade, not a new one. You're talking about Iron Man and that bullshit, which as someone who loves the new Thor I'll say the new Iron Man was really really really horribly handled.
>>
>>94705449
It's because of Gorr, that series was long and honestly is one of the best Thor stories, and it's before ANAD so go read it. The hammer didn't just change it's mind, there was a whole saga where Thor had to take a good long hard look at himself, and then Nick Fury was the last straw on a heaping mounting of reasons for Mjolnir to ditch asgardians. It may have been a bad reason, but at least it was a reason.
>>
File: x23-2dellotto.jpg (196KB, 604x927px) Image search: [Google]
x23-2dellotto.jpg
196KB, 604x927px
>>94705405
See the problem is even then you get haters.
>>
>>94704495
Right now? Old Man Logan of course.
>>
>>94705449
Pretty sure the hammer didnt decide anything it was all Odinson.
>>
File: 3mLydMU.jpg (42KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
3mLydMU.jpg
42KB, 600x494px
>>94704440
>No matter how many times I explain the name these stupid casuals will ignore it in order to complain
>>
>>94704186
>He posted the image again

Literally have you read anything from this book other than that specific image?
>>
>>94705538
Bzzz, the correct answer is Gwenpool
>>
>>94704325
Do you browse /co/ 24/7 to make the same posts in FemThor threads. Because that other Anon is right. All you fucking do is post the same image from three years ago.
>>
>>94705535

Well, it probably doesn't help that much of Laura's history as a character has been trying to not just be a clone of Wolverine or "the female Wolverine", something even Wolverine didn't want for her. Also the whiplash of her personality suddenly becoming much more "normal", for lack of a better term.
>>
>>94704581
You wanna know why people are sick of white men? Because of this same stupid false narrative you keep perpetuating here.
>>
Why doesn't someone Storytime of Pain the whole Jane Thor run?
>>
>>94705358
Or maybe the couple of pages at the end of the last issue. You remember that right?
>>
File: 1501640324426.png (82KB, 441x411px) Image search: [Google]
1501640324426.png
82KB, 441x411px
>>94704606
>Being this much casual

Why do you post in all the Whor threads if you dont read comics?
>>
>>94705697

This seems sort of like a chicken or the egg situation.
>>
>107 posts
>28 posters

Why does Whor get under that one Alt-Right autist's skin so much?
>>
>>94705702
Cause thats for bad comics duh
>>
>>94705813

Yes, exactly.
>>
>>94705719
Women, faggots, and minorities just want to be more involved in every facet of life. Somehow some(not all) white dudes take that as an attack on them because the world is slowly giving them less attention.

It's literally a child throwing a temper tantrum because his parents brought home another baby.
>>
>>94705863
Whor isn't a bad comic.
>>
File: 1175108001382.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1175108001382.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
>>94705773
>Alt-Right
>>
>>94705886

We'll have to agree to disagree, have a nice night.
>>
>>94705872
>this is what faggots actually believe
>>
>>94705900
Look at the garbage he's posting. Who do I blame for birthing this garbage movement?
>>
>>94705946
Everyday people.
>>
>>94705932
Yes please tell me how some gay black dude in a TV show is subliminal brainwashing by (((them))) to get everyone to hate straight white men.
>>
Congratulations, we've officially reached Whor Whinefest Thread #5000! This is a huge milestone for us, and I wish you the best on reaching 6000, 7000, 8000 and beyond!

Can I get some quotes for the paper, /co/?
>>
>>94706143
Fake news
>>
>>94704082
>616 Mjolnir vs 1616 Mjolnir
>you think the one with the 1616 Mjolnir would win

sir,
>>
>>94703650
FPBP
>>
>>94703633
Well, given Odinson has become so spineless he followed Hydra Cap and allowed his Uncle to rape Wanda and Vision.

Secret Empire has made Odinson so unworthy the notion of him getting Mjolnir back is absurd.
>>
>>94703861
Name five franchises that aren't Thor that he has ruined. I'm tired of one comic tarnishing the names of otherwise good writers
>>
>>94707187
Glad I dont read it, but the stories I hear about it are worse and worse.
>>
>>94705457
What has been done to Thor's character is completely abysmal and is the major reason for my hatred of the series.
>>
>>94708229
What did they do to thor?
>>
>>94703861
Jason Aaron:
"Hey, guys, what if Thor lost his hammer and it was sentient and no god's and shit."

"Hey, guys, let's do Doctor Strange without magic, and he has an axe, even though that makes no sense."

Maybe Aaron will give us Iron Man without suits,
>>
>>94705872
They don't want to just be involved, they want to take what's already been established and make it their own, without putting in any of the effort.

There have been dozens of female, gay and minority characters all throughout comics for decades. The Avengers were once lead by a black woman and the Legion of Super-Heroes was led by one of their gay members for a time.

Everything they claim to want has already been there, but they never bothered to support any of these characters and so they fell by the wayside, leaving only the more well-known and popular heroes.

So now they want to claim they've never been represented before so they can wage this imaginary crusade to take the titles and popularity away from characters that have established themselves over the decades.

None of them really want equality, they want superiority and they want to be the ones on top throwing shit at everyone else.

It's the Victim Complex gone completely out of control.
>>
>>94707630
Doctor Strange
Ghost Rider
X-Men
Punisher MAX
idk what else he's worked on honestly but those have all been pretty terrible and franchises haven't reeeeeeeeeally recovered since
>>
>>94705358
>it's j-just a joke b-bro
>>
File: IMG_2510.jpg (224KB, 843x697px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2510.jpg
224KB, 843x697px
>>94704305
All of this is fucking irrelevant when you still get covers like this.

Oh yeah. And what was the logical reason for Thor Odinson to become unworthy? The one explanation we all waited 5 fucking years for? What did Nick Fury whisper in Thor's ear?

"Bor was right."
>>
>>94708844
Ten bucks please.
>>
>>94708910
>Filler page triggers fag
Small ego aside, you can't even wiki the right line.
>>
>>94708949
Yeah ad hominem insults win arguments right? Oh wait.
>>
>>94704305
>Thor fist-fought Odin across galaxies and nebulas over the right to stand on Asgard
Was Normal Thor ever this strong? I mean Whor doesn't even have the odin force so she shouldn't even be able to touch Odin, right?
>>
>>94708974
Oh, sorry I didn't take ignorance seriously. Let me try better

Hey guys Thor used the "this is a job for" line that been used for nearly a century, isn't that just the worst.
>>
>>94708982
Yes and no, like many long runners there have been times where Thor couldn't touch Odin and Times he could almost beat him. Usually depends on alot of factors though. Jane wasnt really a match for Odin and even superpowered only gave him a bloody lip. He was about to fuck her shit up but then Loki went Norman Bates.

Honestly arguing powerlevels in comics is stupid because they always change for bs reasons usually because the writer needs someone to be stronger or weaker then usual.
>>
>>94708700
>Wah why isn't he using magic how dare he do something new
>implying Ghost Riders wasn't GOAT
>not liking his Wolverine work
>not liking Bullseye, Death, and Kingpin

I see the problem now and it's your absolute shit taste
>>
>>94704566
Why did frigga try and overthrow odin in the first place
>>
>>94709189
he kept throwing critical members of the kingdom into the dungeon for questioning his change of temperament and lack of wisdom ever since he brought back his brother the serpent
>>
>>94709027
Still at the insults, I see. Keep it up. I'm sure it'll make you look smarter to all the other anons here.

Also I see you're conveniently disregarding the "step aside, silly boys" remark from Yass Queen.
>>
>>94709216
I mean why did frigga turn into a huge bitch against odin instead of loving him like she's supposed to
>>
File: 1499710595836.jpg (13KB, 300x242px) Image search: [Google]
1499710595836.jpg
13KB, 300x242px
>>94703633
>"This places Volstagg in a very different place heading forward in the pages of The Mighty Thor, because it’s going to challenge his relationships to all of those closest to him. How will Thor react to another person using her name? "
>>
>>94709236
Because it suits Marvel's current narrative that "straight white men bad, everyone else, good"
>>
>>94709248
>How will Thor react to another person using her name?
I mean, if it's anything but totally cool with it she's a colossal hypocrit.
>>
>>94709226
Pretending to have the high road in your made up controversy. Keep it maybe some day you to can be a a Trump supporter
>>
>>94709279
She seemed pretty chill, until he tried to kill fire babies
>>
>>94709321
>if you're against SJW you're a Trump supporter
Ha!
>>
>>94703633

Obviously female Thor, because stronk womyn. I guarantee you she'll come off on top. Bet you a tenner.
>>
>>94709321
If I had a faepalm image I'd post it right now.
>>
>>94709236
>why doesn't this woman unconditionally support her husband's every decision when its plain to everybody he's under some kind of mind control

may as well ask why Jubilee didn't help Logan kill the X-Men in Old Man Wolverine
>>
File: no_not_magic.jpg (618KB, 1041x832px) Image search: [Google]
no_not_magic.jpg
618KB, 1041x832px
>please not magic
>magic is bad
She's so good hearted. It's not fair for her to use magic on herself while everybody else doesn't. Even if she's dying.
>>
>>94703633
Why is Thor a woman?
Marvel readers, I lmao at your lives.
>>
File: bad_hammer.jpg (355KB, 827x528px) Image search: [Google]
bad_hammer.jpg
355KB, 827x528px
>>94709443
Odinson is a piece of shit. Why save people? He doesn't deserve the hammer anymore. Even going as far as yelling at the hammer. Bad hammer.
>>
>>94709367
>Main Character defeats monster of the week.

Well okay
>>
File: Our_savior.jpg (988KB, 970x1443px) Image search: [Google]
Our_savior.jpg
988KB, 970x1443px
>>94709456
She's just so incredible. Even with cancer killing her she still sacrifices herself for others. She is our savior.
>>
File: some_people_idiots.jpg (253KB, 616x689px) Image search: [Google]
some_people_idiots.jpg
253KB, 616x689px
>>94709471
She is super worthy but there are just some people that don't like her. Fuck those guys. Pieces of shits.
>>
File: not_worthy.jpg (244KB, 875x298px) Image search: [Google]
not_worthy.jpg
244KB, 875x298px
>>94709478
And of course, only females are worthy. Can't let those stupid men handle anything. Or they will just go berserk.
>>
>>94709456
To be fair this is the reason nobody wanted to tell him
>>
>>94705620
Literally why would anyone pick up that book after seeing that image?
>Waiter serves you a steak with a dead rat on it
>"Just eat around it"
>>
>Captain Marvel dies of cancer
>Thor dies of a cancer she willing gave herself
P-pottery?
>>
File: BesThor.jpg (728KB, 806x975px) Image search: [Google]
BesThor.jpg
728KB, 806x975px
>>94709483
And remember, female Thor will always be the best Thor.
>>
>>94709483
Old Thor is shit look at him beating on his dad.
>>
File: 5176707-3620314283-thor-.jpg (1MB, 1953x1508px) Image search: [Google]
5176707-3620314283-thor-.jpg
1MB, 1953x1508px
>>94709510
>>
>>94709519
Are they in Asgardia?
>>
File: 1502894463440.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1502894463440.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>94709504
Yeah, she really is.
>>
>>94704267
Ten bucks says he tells you to read the comic yourself and find out.
>>
>>94709534
Yup. Only females can be this caring. Fuck Odinson. That piece of shit was never really worthy to be Thor.
>>
>>94709554
The fuck
>>
>>94709587
You talking about
>>
This is by far the worst thread I've seen on 4chan. The bait is weak, the same fagging is everywhere, and people are falling for it.
>>
>>94709593
>>94709587
Remember who isn't worth? Hint: It isn't female Thor
>>
Remember when Thor took over the world and murdered all his friends?
>>
>>94709614
Odinson believes it to be true, 8ts not his character that makes him unable to lift the hammer, its the belief that no god him included is worthy.
>>
>>94709626
You mean Odinson you piece of shit. Thor cannot do no wrong.
>>
>>94709626
Yeah but who in Marvel hasnt rone that at least once.
>>
>Giving a fuck about Whor and NuMarvel in general
>>
>>94709642
oh did they finally answer that? considering there was no answer for it I can't say I'm not surprised it's such a weak cope out sense he thought shit in the fucking 60s and didn't lose the hammer.
>>
>>94709504
>Let Thor
>Thor
No matter how big they make the name in the speech bubble, this literally cancer filled chick will never be Thor, pal.
>>
>>94709751
Um, but she is Thor. Has the hammer and everything, plus Odinsons seal of begrudging approval. How is she not Thor?
>>
>>94709798
Everything after Odinson is nothing but a gimmick dude, and you know it. Like that dinosaur looking thing and this cancer chick.
>>
>>94709834
Three years is a little to long for something to be a gimmick.
>>
>>94703703
The only thing that Aaron's written for Marvel that I've actually enjoyed is his Ghost Rider run. All his other Marvel work is mediocre-to-garbage.
>>
>>94709853
She's by definition a gimmick.
The number of years Marvel tries to shove her down our throats doesn't change the meaning of the word.
>>
>>94703650
UDMVP
>>
>>94709653
True I wonder if Desak will pop up again? ghor desak team up when?
>>
>>94709853
no it's not.
>>
>>94709798
When Miles Morales became Spider-Man, he didn't become the new Peter Parker.

Jane can be the new God of Thunder, but she's not Thor. Thor is Thor.
>>
>>94709248
>How will Thor react to another person using her name?

Literal state of marvel copyright IP, gentlemen.
>>
File: thor.jpg (88KB, 600x907px) Image search: [Google]
thor.jpg
88KB, 600x907px
>>94709751
>>94709798
I know people explained the name thing but I still find it dumb. Sam Wilson didn't suddenly take the name "Steve" when he became Captain America, or Amadeus Cho take the name "Bruce" when he became the Hulk.
Unless I'm mistaken, Thor is his LITERAL name, not some super hero name that can be passed on, like Ant-Man, or Hulk.

>>94709923
As I wrote this, I see that someone shared my sentiment.
>>
>>94709950

Yes it's stupid but you have to see why it's happening. It's the name that sells. But when the comic is named after the person and they don't have a codename then you're going to have to do some real shenanigans to make it work.

It doesn't work but at this point people are just going to roll with it knowing this won't last long. None of this stuff does. But Marvel wants a female Thor and goddamn if anything like logic is going to stop them.
>>
File: pepperpotts.jpg (190KB, 634x962px) Image search: [Google]
pepperpotts.jpg
190KB, 634x962px
>>94709950
On another note on about Hero names.
Remember when Pepper Potts took over the role of Iron Man while Tony was on the run?
She didn't call herself "Iron Man", but she had her own name, "Rescue", because she wasn't self-conscious or insecure enough to take someone else's pre-existing hero name.
Like how X-23 just threw her name out the window just to bogart the name Wolverine. Yeah, go ahead, just throw out you're own identity like that and never create a legacy of your own.

>>94709975
I understand. I don't like it, but I understand.
>>
Here I was thinking that this thread would be about the recent issue and everything

But no, it's just a thread for shitposting
>>
>>94709950
>Unless I'm mistaken, Thor is his LITERAL name
>Whoever wields this hammer shall be worthy the power of Thor
>>
>>94710030
It says the "Power of Thor" not the "Name of Thor"
>>
>>94710030
>power of thor means you also get his name

Is the hammer still part of manThor's soul or was that undone? Man things got screwy after they got rid of Donald Blake.
>>
>>94710047
It's a full packet, you get the power, the looks and the name
>>
>>94709853

The next upcoming event is going to be called 'The Death of Thor', with Whor in the Captain Marvel pose. (i.e. being cradled by Death.)

She's like Thunderstrike, except Thunderstrike never claimed to be replacing Thor for good.
>>
>>94709459

War Thor isn't the monster of the week. He's an antihero.
>>
>>94710055
>It's a full packet, you get the power, the blond hair and the clothing.
Leave people's names out of this. If the character has to hijack another character's name in order to stand on his own, then he doesn't really worth the hassle.
>>
>>94710100
It's called being a legacy hero
>>
File: IMG_1347.jpg (47KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1347.jpg
47KB, 400x225px
>>94703633
I thought Dan Slott was in charge of stealing from Doctor Who

>>94707630
Star Wars
Doctor Strange
X-men (Wolverine specifically)
Punisher MAX (i know /co/ liked it because it's "le rape, le killed with frozen with frozen feeckes xD", but it's way too edgy to me)
And I never heard anyone like Ghost Riders.
>>
>>94710132
No, it's called being a gimmick.
Personally, I don't see gimmick as an insult, good gimmicks can exist.
She's just not one of them.
>>
>>94710156
>but it's way too edgy to me
The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>94710161

Anon, from one person that hates this to another... let it go. Just let it run its course.
>>
>>94710055
That's never been the case in the past. Whenever someone else has wielded the hammer, they've gained the powers, SOMETIMES the look, and never the name. Again, that's like Silk getting the name Peter because she was bit by the same spider.

The exception, because I know it'll be brought up, is Eric Mastersson BRIEFLY going by the name Thor before taking the name Thunderstrike, but this is different for three reasons: 1. Immediately prior to this he had been merged with Thor long-term, sharing the same body, 2. He was, at first, impersonating Thor, and 3. it was temporary. All things that don't apply to Jane, so it doesn't work as precedent.
>>
>>94710161
>No, it's called being a gimmick.
Right so Dickbat, Renee Question, The flashes, Kyle Rayner and John Walker that's all just gimmicks.
>>
>>94710132
But even then that's stupid, legacy heroes take up the title, not the identity of the hero. Dick didn't change his name to Bruce, Miles isn't Peter, Scott isn't Hank, Laura isn't Logan.
>>
>>94710177
>SOMETIMES the look
So that is why Donald Blake always got the long hair when transformed, because he sometimes got the look.
>Again, that's like Silk getting the name Peter because she was bit by the same spider.
Not even close to being the same
>>
>>94710164
Bullseye killing families over and over and over again to "understand how Frank feels" or Kingpin getting raped in prison and then hiring junkies to rape his rapist's wife as he watches.

Villains do evil things, but this is just Zack Snyder "Batman could be raped in my movie" tier writing.
>>
>>94710193
>So that is why Donald Blake always got the long hair when transformed, because he sometimes got the look.
Not everyone who wields the hammer gets the blonde hair.
>Not even close to being the same
Why not?
>>
>>94710177
>>94710176

You know, I just really want to see all these lame minority characters get killed off. Just one big battle, and all of them are sort of anticlimatically killed, with the villain commenting "Wow, that was Captain America / Thor / Iron Man / Wolverine? They sucked! A child could beat them up!"

Then the real Captain America / Thor / Iron Man / Wolverine show up to save the day.
>>
>>94709471
>>
>>94704305
Thor saved all creation, all gods of present, future and past. He though in all 3 infinite wars. Saved souls from the realm of the dead, and battled the world serpent with his bones britle as glass.
>>
>>94710182
All of them kept their names anon.
And yes, they are all gimmicks, with Dickbat being the best from the ones you've mentioned.
>>
>>94703650
First post best post
>>
>>94710204
Oh please Ennis wrote way edgier stuff then that. I don't even think that qualifies as edgy
>>94710210
Like who? And it's not the same because the Spider is not part of the identity the same way that the hammer is. The Hammer transforms the user into Thor, the spider did not.
>>
>>94703633
The main character of the book i suppose.
>>
>>94710252
Also, Kyle is a GL. They're supposed to have many characters using the ring.
>>
>>94710156
>And I never heard anyone like Ghost Riders
Then you're deaf because these days it's the only GR run that's recommended on /co/
>>
>>94710262
The hammer has never transformed someone into Thor before Jane picked it up. It's given them powers and sometimes a fancy costume.
>>
>>94704186
Only in the first arc. They stop doing that around the same time they finish the Roxxon arc. It's pretty decent after that.
>>
>>94710313

I actually wish that Hydra-Cap would regularly carry it around as a symbol of power. Or that he'd killed Whor to get it.
>>
>>94710313
In other words it transforms you into Thor
>>
>>94710330
Why are you pretending to be retarded, anon?
>>
File: thor-wonder-woman-102933.jpg (779KB, 600x915px) Image search: [Google]
thor-wonder-woman-102933.jpg
779KB, 600x915px
BEHOLD THE MIGHTY THOR!
>>
>>94709483
Doesn't Dazzler still have one of Doom's Thors hammers?
>>
>>94710338
Because I really don't see what the big issue is with Jane being called Thor when everyone in the comics has called Odison stupid for giving away his name, Jane included. Even if Odison did not give his name away I still don't see the issue, I hate to say it but people have reacted the same if Beta Bill Ray took over the mantle and name Thor?
>>
>>94710330
No, it doesn't.

Getting injected with the Goblin formula doesn't turn you into Norman Osborn. Getting hit by cosmic rays doesn't turn you into Reed Richards. Being imbued by the Power Cosmic doesn't change you into Norin Radd. Picking up the hammer, in any of Marvel Comics history up until Jane, has never turned someone INTO Thor.
>>
>>94710364
I'd still call it stupid, yes, because it's stupid on a fundamental level. Beta Ray Bill is already Beta Ray Bill and is a perfect example of why the hammer DOESN'T "turn you into Thor". Because he wielded it, got its powers, and was still BETA RAY FUCKING BILL the whole time.
>>
>>94710364
> I hate to say it but people have reacted the same if Beta Bill Ray took over the mantle and name Thor?
Not as many, to be honest. But I would still react the same, no matter who took the name of Thor. Having the hammer and the hairdo is fine. Leave the name alone.
>>
>>94710343
Not on her, but she knows where it is
>>
>>94710177
>Whenever someone else has wielded the hammer, they've gained the powers, SOMETIMES the look, and never the name.

Wrong. Odin entertained the name of Beta Ray Thor once. Thor almost gave up his own name after Bill beat him in a contest.
>>
File: b4f (1).jpg (24KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
b4f (1).jpg
24KB, 600x451px
>>94709492
>This argument again

It's one issue out of like 30+ issues. Get your head out your ass.
>>
>>94708326
Gave him the most character development he's had in years. I love how casuals like to pretend Thor is some deep character. There is a reason why he's always been one of the less popular big Marvel characters.
>>
>>94709260
With how much whining straight white men do nowadays I'm starting to believe in the narrative.
>>
>>94709483
You fucking idiot casual, she's talking about Ultimate Mjolnir.
>>
>>94711089
Would you actually eat something if it's just 1/30+ shit? I wouldn't if I have the option.
>>
>>94711138
And normal Mjolnir is not from her world and she wields it. What's the problem here? She only says that because he's a man. If it was a woman, it would be "You can control that power. Control it." or something like that.
>>
THOR IS A NAME NOT A TITLE
This is like saying the WAR STEVE
>>
>>94711161
I know you're baiting but Mjolnir is from her universe. Ultimate Mjolnir is from a different one.

>>94711146
So you're telling me you've never read a series with a bad issue ever? Tell me more about how you dont read comics.
>>
>>94711146
Well, statistically you probably due eat 1/30 of shit. As well as bug parts and eggs, not to mention decayed human flesh particles.
>>
File: 5269344-7979676301-beta-.jpg (173KB, 620x905px) Image search: [Google]
5269344-7979676301-beta-.jpg
173KB, 620x905px
Fuck I'm going to have to explain it again. Thor has ALWAYS tied is personal identity to being the God of Thunder. If he is not worthy of being the GoT then he feels he is not worthy of his name. It's an honor thing. When Bill defeated him in a contest for Mjolnir, Thor almost gave away his birthright in shame. Odin has even entertained the name "Beta Ray Thor" on one occasion. People going by "Thor" is both a branding thing in-universe and outside the universe.

Now I'll wait for some faggot casual to ignore this post so I can post it again.
>>
>>94710003
X23 isn't her name, its a designation by asshole scientist to dehuman her. Her name is Laura Kinney, given to her by her mother, the only one to give a shit. and she did have her own legacy of following in her fathers foot steps.
>>
>>94711183
Not from her planet. She shouldn't even wield it. And now she's mad at someone doing something she basically did. Hypocritical as fuck.
>>
>>94711209
Thor is only the Asgardian Odinson. Everything else is a gimmick made by writers.
>>
>>94711080
> never (gained) the name
>"Wrong"
> entertained
> almost
how is that wrong then
>>
>>94711347
>>94711370
>>94711377

>This much samefagging

How does it feel to be retarded?
>>
>>94711377
It set the precedent for Thor passing on his name when he is unworthy. I know you're baiting at this point.
>>
>>94711207
1/30 is a huge fraction for what you're trying to argue.

if there are 250 cheerios in one serving (one cup) that's like 8 full-shit cheerios.
>>
>>94704440
She'th thor from all that thekth she had lath night.
>>
>>94711397
weak
>>
File: samefag.jpg (18KB, 351x181px) Image search: [Google]
samefag.jpg
18KB, 351x181px
>>94711397
you tell me pham
>>
>>94711408
thinking about something doesn't set a precedent for actually doing it, dumbass.

and you're failing to provide proof of that claim anyway.
>>
>>94711428
You never answered my question, causal. Have you never read a long running series with a bad issue? Give me some recommendations.
>>
>>94711462
wow you sure caught me
>>
>>94711462
The fact that you even know this shit proves that you've practiced samefagging before
>>
>>94711471
I'm not that guy, I'm just saying that "1/30 of what you eat is shit" is retarded
>>
File: trre.png (1MB, 857x825px) Image search: [Google]
trre.png
1MB, 857x825px
>>94711467
>thinking about something doesn't set a precedent for actually doing it, dumbass.

Oh here we go with the autism.
>>
>>94711573
Simonson also refers to Bill's powered form as "Beta Ray Thor" too. It's an official name.
>>
>>94703633
Gee I wonder
>>
She should grow a beard.
>>
File: T411_Beta_Thor.jpg (66KB, 240x418px) Image search: [Google]
T411_Beta_Thor.jpg
66KB, 240x418px
>>94711662
>>
>>94711573
>Oh here we go with the autism.
Are you referring to yourself? Because that page says nothing about him giving up his name.
>>
File: T412_Beta_Thor.jpg (266KB, 561x704px) Image search: [Google]
T412_Beta_Thor.jpg
266KB, 561x704px
>>94711768
I guess picking up the hammer does give you the right to use the Thor name brand.

>"B-but he's holding Stormbreaker! It's not the same!"
>>
>>94711573

>Odin:"Maybe discussion will help us where brute force failed."

>Odin in Femthor: "Fuck you woman, shut up and obey or my manly muscles will end you!"
>>
File: RCO019.jpg (492KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
RCO019.jpg
492KB, 988x1500px
>>94711774
He renounced his godhood and like I said earlier he has always tied his personal identity to being a god. Bill also calls himself "Beta Ray Thor"

Put two and two together retard.

>>94711783
>What is character development?
>What is context?

Autism.
>>
>>94711812
More like
>What is hackwriting?
>What is characters assassination?
>>
>>94711854
Why are you trying so hard to be right? I've cited actual things from the book. All you've done is go "nu uh!".

It's clear you've never read Thor so why start bitching now?
>>
>>94711812

>What is character development?

>Making a character act like an asshole for no reason so you can push your feminist agenda

Pick one.
>>
>>94711812
>He renounced his godhood and like I said earlier he has always tied his personal identity to being a god. Bill also calls himself "Beta Ray Thor"
Which still does *absolutely nothing* to refute the core argument that wielding the hammer 1. does not make your name Thor or 2. makes Thor stop being named Thor.

Equating "renouncing his godhood" to "changing his name and giving it to someone else" is flimsy as FUCK. And Beta Ray Thor is the equivalent of Jane Thorster. Both reinforce *my* argument.
>>
File: thor-vs-odin-fear-itself-3.jpg (399KB, 960x743px) Image search: [Google]
thor-vs-odin-fear-itself-3.jpg
399KB, 960x743px
>>94711888
Odin was an asshole long before Whor, causal.
>>
>>94711768
>>94711780
>>94711812
No matter how many times you post it, a gimmick is a gimmick.
>Look, I'm dinosaur Thor
>Behold, I'm woman Thor
>Hello, I'm buritto Thor
>>94711370
>>
>>94711914
>Look, I'm dinosaur Thor
Heeeey you might be on to something here
>>
File: RCO012.jpg (468KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO012.jpg
468KB, 1041x1600px
>>94711897
If Thor renounces his godhood and tells someone to go by his name whilst wielding the hammer then they are allowed to be Thor. Odinson's offical name is still Thor, he chooses to not go by it.

>And Beta Ray Thor is the equivalent of Jane Thorster. Both reinforce *my* argument.

Why am I arguing with a casual? Bill is his name. "Beta Ray" is a title. The equivalent of calling Jane "The Mighty Thor"
>>
>>94711914
>"I'm going to retarded!"

You should fucking kill yourself for being so stupid. You've been getting buttfucked this entire thread for being an obvious casual and now when you're proven wrong you want to plug your ears instead of manning up to your shit?

Fuck you, you've never read Thor and you're not a fan. You're some stupid Alt-Right MRA subhuman who wants to bitch about everything because it fits your agenda.
>>
>>94705946
>Who do I blame for birthing this garbage movement?
Tumblr/SJWs
You can only abuse a dog so much before it runs away or turns around and bites you
>>
>>94711943
>If Thor renounces his godhood and tells someone to go by his name whilst wielding the hammer then they are allowed to be Thor.
I'm not arguing that.

I'm arguing that it has never happened before it happened to Jane, and that it is stupid.
>>
>>94705886
Aron get lff the internet
>>
>>94711979
>I'm arguing that it has never happened before it happened to Jane, and that it is stupid.

How the fuck do you create new storylines and lore then? And why do you keep ignoring Beta Ray Thor?
>>
war thor vs whor is a thor war
>>
>>94711967
>>94711943
>Being this triggered
Defending stupid gimmicks doesn't make you a "real" fan.
Enjoy living in denial.
>>
File: 54000249.jpg (31KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
54000249.jpg
31KB, 600x375px
>>94712011
>Defending stupid gimmicks doesn't make you a "real" fan.

And you're a real fan? Someone who clearly hasn't read Simonson's run? Tell me, what's your favorite Thor run?
>>
>>94712035
The Burrito Thor run.
>>
File: brbgh_01_09.jpg (969KB, 1280x1972px) Image search: [Google]
brbgh_01_09.jpg
969KB, 1280x1972px
>All these faggots posting about Thors that don't matter

>>94711768
>>94711780
>>94711812
These anons have it right.
>>
>>94712055
>Burrito Thor
Is that a racist nickname for a Mexican/ Latino Thor?
>>
>>94712055
Alright go back to /tv/ where you belong
>>
>>94712004
Make a story where Jane becomes the God of Thunder and doesn't change her name to Thor. It's that simple. That's literally the only reason it's stupid. But you keep plugging your ears and pretending like it's totally normal for someone to take the given first name of the person who's job they're filling in for, and it... isn't. Not in any reality I've ever heard of, anyway.

But hey! I'll throw you a bone: You're right about BRB. He called himself Thor. So, points for you I guess. But It's still a false equivalency, because the name didn't stick, and Thor didn't hand the name over, and no one treated it like it was a normal occurrence. Because it wasn't.
>>
>>94712092
Son, you don't get to send anybody, anywhere.
>>94712083
Wew
>>
>>94710003
Ehhh its diffrent for x-23 actualy
>>
>>94712116
>totally normal for someone to take the given first name of the person who's job they're filling in for, and it... isn't. Not in any reality I've ever heard of, anyway.

But it's totally normal for Norse gods to be hanging out with talking space racoons huh?

>But It's still a false equivalency, because the name didn't stick, and Thor didn't hand the name over, and no one treated it like it was a normal occurrence. Because it wasn't.

He still calls himself that. Beta Ray Thor is the form he takes when he transforms. Nice try causal.
>>
>>94712116
>because the name didn't stick
Well yeah because BRB got a different Hammer
>>
>>94712116
This is embarrassing. Pick up some fucking comics if you're going to argue about them.
>>
>>94710262
>The hammer transforms the user into Thor
Is it like a Green Lanterns thing? 'Cause if that's the case, that's stupid. Thor is not a title, it's a name ffs.
>>
>>94711943
What the fuck. I missed that issue. Which one was that pic from?
>>
>>94712276
The recent Captain America: Steve Rogers.

>>94712267
Beta Ray Thor says hi.
>>
File: 1.jpg (67KB, 634x476px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
67KB, 634x476px
>>94703633
>Who will win?
The female Thor. Probably while being really obnoxious about the fact that she is a female while shitting on War Thor for his toxic masculinity, or something along those lines.

And I've read enough of the comic to know that this is likely.
>>
>>94712294
>Beta Ray Thor says hi.
Beta Ray Bill goes by Beta Ray Bill. He earned his own hammer through his sheer badassery.
>>
>>94712294
So it IS like a Green Lantern shtick huh. Well, that's dumb, but this is Marvel we're talking about after all.
>>
>>94712267
>Thor is not a title, it's a name ffs.
You are correct. Wielding the hammer doesn't make you Thor. It grants you the power of Thor.
>>
>>94712168
>But it's totally normal for Norse gods to be hanging out with talking space racoons huh?
In the context of the setting, yes.

>He still calls himself that. Beta Ray Thor is the form he takes when he transforms. Nice try causal.

Post a panel from the past 10 years where he's been called Beta Ray Thor.
But hey, maybe I'm wrong about that detail. It's still a poor example, because Thor didn't stop being Thor. Just like every other time someone else picks up the hammer (Masterson, Rogers, fucking Superman for christ's sake) they don't suddenly change their name to Thor and Thor doesn't suddenly change his name to something else.
>>
File: thor isnt a title you guys.png (473KB, 340x594px) Image search: [Google]
thor isnt a title you guys.png
473KB, 340x594px
>>94709923
>>94709950
Beta Ray Bill became Thor when he got the hammer. This is no different. Stop spouting off this tired argument that only casual moviefags use.
>>
>>94712348
>So it IS like a Green Lantern shtick huh.
No, it's not.
>>
>>94712383
Why are you being retarded?
>>
>>94712383
>Anyone who wears a ring is a Lantern
>Anyone who wields Mjolnir is a "Thor"

Sounds pretty close to me dude.
>>
>>94712371
>This is no different.
Except it is. Beta Ray Bill isn't called Beta Ray Thor. He's called Beta Ray Bill. He has his own hammer, and Thor was still Thor and didn't unbecome Thor.
>>
>>94712294
Thanks baby
>>
>>94712436
Before Beta Ray Bill got his hammer he was Beta Ray Thor
>>
File: Thor_Corps_(Earth-BW00)_001.jpg (214KB, 598x672px) Image search: [Google]
Thor_Corps_(Earth-BW00)_001.jpg
214KB, 598x672px
>>94712367
>In the context of the setting, yes.

But a disgraced Norse god demanding someone to use his name because "muh honor" is less normal? You're full of shit.

>Post a panel from the past 10 years where he's been called Beta Ray Thor.

No, I'm done posting images. You've ignored every single one of them in favor of your casual MCU bullshit arguments(you even say this in the very next sentence). Picking up the hammer and gaining the power makes you a Thor. There was an entire Thor corps at one time.
>>
>>94712460
Even with his hammer he's still Beta Ray Thor when he transforms. The other guy is grasping at straws.
>>
>>94712436
Nigga, the panels are in this very thread. He's Beta Ray Thor when he holds a hammer. Why are you being ignorant? Thor is still Thor because he didn't lose is hammer and godhood yet.
>>
>>94712488
He's called Beta Ray Bill when he transforms. Can you show me all the other times he's called Beta Ray Thor?
>>
>>94712510
>He's Beta Ray Thor when he holds a hammer
But not called such.
>>
>>94712514
See

>>94711768
>>94711780
>>94711812
>>94712371

Beta Ray Bill is his official name just like Jane Foster is her official name. Transforming makes you a Thor.
>>
>>94712466
>Oprah meme
>You get a hammer, you get a hammer, etc
Wow, this is bad man.
I know comics are not supposed to be very historically/mythologicaly accurate, but completely raping Thor like this is sad.
>>
>>94712419
It's not. Not everybody who wields Mjolnir is a Thor.
>>
File: T411_Beta_Thor.jpg (65KB, 237x415px) Image search: [Google]
T411_Beta_Thor.jpg
65KB, 237x415px
>>94712537
I'll post it for you again since you're retarded.
>>
>>94712550
>>94712466
That's even more confusing then.
What the fuck is going on with Marvel and Norse mythology?
>>
>>94712538
Wow. Four times, in old looking comics. This is called cherry picking. Compare to his wealth of other appearances where he only goes by Beta Ray Bill.
>>
>>94712570
The only thing going on here is retards cherry picking to try and make an exception appear to be the rule.
>>
>>94712571
>>94712594

>This much grasping at straws

You dont want to admit you're wrong huh? Despite obviously never picking up a Thor comic.
>>
>>94712466
>There was an entire Thor corps at one time.
Is Secret Wars, where practically everything was different. You can see it right there in the goddamn thumbnail. BW = Battleworld, one of the many fucking elseworlds in Secret Wars.

Are you stupid or being disingenuous on purpose?
>>
>>94712594
Man, I'm just confused. I don't pretend to know much about Thor, but what I'm certain about is that it's not a title. Marvel obviously thinks otherwise though.
>>
>>94712640
The only thing different about that was there being multiple Mjolnirs. It stuck to the canon. If I'm wrong then why is Thor from 1610 called Thor?
>>
>>94712571
>old looking comics

Oh so now suddenly you want to go by the canon of nuMarvel? Ok then that makes Whor legitimate.
>>
File: All American.jpg (102KB, 406x282px) Image search: [Google]
All American.jpg
102KB, 406x282px
>>94712371
Ignoring the fact that Bill was qualified as Beta Ray Thor and for only a few panels, and that a running theme for Eric Masterson was that he wasn't the real Thor. Let's put it another way:

Take Wonder Woman. Hippolyta has been Wonder Woman, Artemis has been Wonder Woman, even Donna Troy has been Wonder Woman.

But if Steve Trevor went around calling himself Wonder Woman, that would be kinda stupid.

If Diana told Wonder Dick that the lasso does things for him that it never did for her and he's now Wonder Woman, that would be a bit stupid

If it was revealed that Hippolyta had defeated some kind of cosmic father of truths and trapped it within the lasso, that too would be a bit odd.

If someone asked Steve what he is and he replied, a Princess of Themyscira, that would be stupid.

If Diana and Polly were standing behind Steve, and he told them, stand back ladies let Wonder Woman handle this, that would be stupid.

If you had people talk how Steve is the real Wonder Woman, or wow I can't believe I'm meeting Wonder Woman to Steve, that would be stupid

This is the state of Thor
>>
>>94712671
>If I'm wrong then why is Thor from 1610 called Thor?
Because he is literally the Ultimate Universe's Thor Odinson, not some rando with an axe Mjolnir. Holy shit.
>>
Okay, I know there's a horse looking Thor, a frig Thor, a ponytail/jacket Thor, and a female Thor. So what's the deal with War Thor?

Also now I want a Watortle Thor called War-Thortle
>>
>>94712705
Bill was called Beta Ray Thor for multiple issues and is still is. All those panels came from multiple issues.
>>
>>94712690
Just saying, trying to sell isolated occurrences from older comics as being the norm for the character when it isn't is kind of disingenuous.
>>
>>94712705
Some people would defend any shitty gimmick you can imagine in order to appear PC.
>>
File: Finn the Human.jpg (44KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Finn the Human.jpg
44KB, 1200x675px
>>94712705
If Thor's title was "Thor the Human" and Beta Ray Bill called himself "Thor the Human" you'd have some sort of point.
You're just being intentionally obtuse because you've been proven to be wrong.
>>
>>94712716
And Jane is the current Thor of 616. Picking up the hammer and gaining it's power makes you into a Thor.
>>
>>94712748
>All those panels came from multiple issues.
At least two of them are consecutive, from what I see in the thumbnails. Wouldn't be surprised if they all came from the same story arc. Can you show me the most recent appearance of "Beta Ray Thor"?
>>
>>94712750
So Whor is legitimate then.
>>
>>94712705
>"I saw the Wonder Woman and Thor movies I know comics!"
>>
>>94712774
>>94712794
>>94712814
You people aren't even trying. Either that or you're very, very stupid.
>>
>>94712791
>>
>>94712834
>"I'm cornered. I'll call them stupid to make myself look smart!"

You haven't been trying this entire thread. You've been arguing with Thorfags using your shitty MCU logic. At every turn you've been buttfucked by canon. Now you're resorting to discrediting canon because "it's old!" but then that itself makes your argument null void.

What are you even arguing now?
>>
>>94712836
I mean of him being called Beta Ray Thor. Are you just shitposting?
>>
>>94712705
Comics don't give a fuck about mythology or historical accuracy. Marvel doesn't care that Thor is not a title, DC doesn't care that Amazons weren't immortal superheroes.
Just drop the comic if you don't enjoy it.
>>
>>94712769
Taking the argument that Thor's title is Thor.
Diana's title is Wonder Woman.

How is substituting them any different? Your grasp of all this seems pretty flimsy.
>>
>>94712874
I'm going to keep repeating myself. Beta Ray Thor is the form he takes when he transforms. Why do you need a recent panel. The canon is right there. You're being a causal for disregarding the classic comics, especially Simonson of all fucking runs.
>>
>>94712904
This isn't DC.
>>
>>94712874
Most writers forgot about that whole thing and dont even bother with it anymore. Doesn't make it any less canon.
>>
>>94712872
The funny part is you're arguing with more than one person, and the only one talking about the MCU is you.
>>
>>94712911
So I guess Riri Williams becomes Iron Tony Stark when she puts on the armor
>>
>>94712954
>Implying the casuals ITT aren't MCUniggers

Every argument they've posted ITT is the most basic understanding of Thor and that is something they clearly got from those shitty movies.
>>
>>94712794
Of course it's fucking legitimate; it's canon.

The point is that it's stupid.
>>
>>94712978
Nice false equivalence The armor doesn't work the same way Mjolnir does.
>>
>>94712991
>projecting this hard in lieu of an actual argument

You're not doing yourself any favors bro
>>
>>94713001
How is it stupid?
>>
>>94712872
>cornered
But I'm not. One of the posts I replied to was dodging the fact that his ignorant claim was soundly refuted, the other was strawmanning, and the last was ad hominem. Just like your post is ad hominem. "Beta Ray Thor" is not the norm for the character. In the majority of his appearances he is called Beta Ray Bill. Espousing a short lived trend from older comics as proof of your "Thor has always been a title" argument is disingenuous, and you know it. You're also ignoring that Eric Masterson, despite being literally fused with Thor and then later given his own magic hammer, was never considered to be Thor. Actively not considered to be Thor, even.
>>
>>94713017
The hammer doesn't turn your name into Thor, though. If it did, everyone who picked it up would become Thor, and they didn't. They just got his powers.
>>
>>94713017
>Have Iron Man armor
>get the power of Iron Man
>have Mjolnir
>get the power of Thor
Seems pretty similar to me.
>>
>>94713054
Beta Ray Bill is his official name. Beta Ray Thor wasn't short lived and is still in use. It is the form he takes when he transforms. It's even on the offical wiki. Why are disregarding Simonson's run?
>>
>>94713059
The hammer makes you into a Thor. Just like those Thor's in Secret Wars and just like Beta Ray Bill.
>>
>>94713075
By your logic someone who wears the Iron Man armor becomes Iron Man. Which is sound because that is what Rhodey did and what Doom is doing right now.
>>
>>94713095
>is still in use
Where? Back up your claim or stop making it.

>Why are disregarding Simonson's run?
Because the issue isn't whether or not it's canon. The issue is whether or not it's the norm for the character to be called Beta Ray Thor in support of the argument of Thor having always been a title. Weighing a handful of uses against the times he's gone by only his actual name matters.
>>
>>94713038
Because you don't take someone's given first name when you take their job.
>>
>>94713156
>Where? Back up your claim or stop making it.

ITT. I'm not disregarding canon because its old. It's also on the official wiki. Like I said, most writers forgot about it.

>Weighing a handful of uses against the times he's gone by only his actual name matters.

You dont get to dictate that.
>>
File: RCO027.jpg (480KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
RCO027.jpg
480KB, 988x1500px
>>94713054
>You're also ignoring that Eric Masterson, despite being literally fused with Thor and then later given his own magic hammer, was never considered to be Thor. Actively not considered to be Thor, even.

He calls himself Thunderstrike. He's still a Thor.
>>
>>94713112
>Just like those Thor's in Secret Wars
Yes, by then Whor had already changed the Thor canon. The point is that it was a stupid change. Things that happened after the change was made don't make the change itself any less stupid.
> Beta Ray Bill
One example with almost a half dozen counter-examples, and one that doesn't even fit the full criteria because Thor didn't give up his own name when it happened.
>>
>>94713160
>What is context

Easy to make something sound stupid when you boil it down to casual real world terms.
>>
>>94713199
>ITT. I'm not disregarding canon because its old. It's also on the official wiki. Like I said, most writers forgot about it.
If you can't supply a recent use of the title, stop working this angle.

>You dont get to dictate that.
Then you don't get to dictate that it doesn't matter.
>>
>>94713230
You've officially moved the goalposts. The argument was "it makes you Thor" and now the argument is "it makes you A Thor".

I guess Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, and Jon Stewart are all A Hal Jordan's, too.
>>
>>94713247
>Then you don't get to dictate that it doesn't matter.

Yes I do because I'm posting sources from canon. You cant put a time limit on an argument because you dont like it.

I'll put it on you. Prove to me he isn't called Beta Ray Thor. I want you to post a recent image where he denounces the name.
>>
>>94713245
You mean like first names?
>>
>>94713270
I didn't move goalposts I stated from the very fucking beginning that Thor Odinson told Jane to use his name.
>>
File: Thor_434-03.jpg (103KB, 925x446px) Image search: [Google]
Thor_434-03.jpg
103KB, 925x446px
>>94713230
Was he calling himself the new Thor because he had Mjolnir, or because he was literally fused with Thor?
>>
>>94713308
The circumstances are different. By all intents and purposes he could have called himself Thor but chose a different name. Jane and Odinson did not go this route.
>>
>>94713281
If a Norse god told you to use his name because you took his job and legend then it'd make sense to use his name. Especially if you're trying to hide your real identity from the world.
>>
>>94713292
Yes, and that's stupid, because that's not how names work. You still moved the goalposts by saying that the hammer makes you Thor (singular, individual) to now arguing that the hammer makes you *A* Thor (one of many.)
>>
>>94713276
>You cant put a time limit on an argument because you dont like it.
I can put a time limit on it because it isn't the norm for the character, and you haven't proven it to be.

>I'll put it on you. Prove to me he isn't called Beta Ray Thor. I want you to post a recent image where he denounces the name.
Not how it works, guy. Burden of proof is on you for your own claim. It's not on me to disprove your argument. If you can't provide a source for him still using the Beta Ray Thor title in spite of the majority of his appearances having him go by just Beta Ray Bill, then your claim is worthless and irrelevant.
>>
>>94712934
That's not an argument.
>>
>>94713357
That's how names given the context of the story. You're the one moving goalposts now.
>>
>>94713342
Thor didn't tell Jane to use his name. She took his hammer and his name, he got pissed, they fought, she kissed him, he decided to let her keep his name for some incredibly stupid reason.
>>
>>94713385
I don't think you know what "moving the goalposts" means.
>>
>>94713360
>I can put a time limit on it because it isn't the norm for the character, and you haven't proven it to be.

No you can't because you dont dictate what the norm is for the character especially if official sources says otherwise.

>Burden of proof is on you for your own claim
No I made my claim and posted my proof. You want to make a counter claim so post your proof. Prove to me he renounced Beta Ray Thor.
>>
>>94713390
See
>>94711943
>>
>>94713404
I do. You keep trying to switch the parameters of the argument but it's not going to work. The canon is there to prove you wrong. Jane is a Thor, she got the blessing from Odinson to use his name, therefore she is Thor.
>>
>>94713342
If my buddy Eric took his job but didn't take his name, then gave the job back, then my buddy Steve took his job but not his name, then gave it back, then my buddy Bill took the job, took the name for a little bit while Thor still kept his name, but then gave up the job and stopped using the name, THEN Thor gave me the job, told me to call myself Thor, and stopped calling himself Thor because I was Thor now (but I wasn't pretending to literally BE him because I had tits and he didn't, and he'd still be around) I'd think it was weird as fuck and wonder why the rules concerning his name were suddenly different than they ever had been.
>>
>>94713418
>No you can't because you dont dictate what the norm is for the character especially if official sources says otherwise.
>official sources
You realize the wiki isn't an official source, right? And panels from older comics don't prove it to be the norm for his character.

>No I made my claim and posted my proof.
No, you didn't. You claimed Beta Ray Thor was still in use, but you haven't posted any proof.

>Prove to me he renounced Beta Ray Thor.
Why would I have to prove this? I never claimed he renounced it, just that the norm for his character is to be called Beta Ray Bill. Do you want me to post all the times he's been called Beta Ray Bill while transformed? We could be here a while.
>>
>>94713471

That sounds like a personal problem.
>>
>>94713458
I've never, once, argued that it wasn't canon. My argument, since the beginning of the thread, is that the canon is STUPID and is a recent change with a half dozen examples of instances where there was zero name change involved.

That's not changing the parameters, that's literally sticking to one singular argument.
>>
>>94713438
What point are you trying to make here? Literally, in Jane's own comic, that's how it went down. Thor went after her to get his hammer and his name back, they fought, she kissed him, he let her keep the name and the hammer.
>>
>>94713490
Wow! Solid evidence! You sure proved me wrong!
>>
>>94713489
>You realize the wiki isn't an official source, right?

So the wiki from the official website isn't official. Wow it really activates those almonds.

http://marvel.com/universe/Beta_Ray_Bill#axzz4q1F4WiTg

>And panels from older comics don't prove it to be the norm for his character.

Again you dont dictate the norm.

>No, you didn't. You claimed Beta Ray Thor was still in use, but you haven't posted any proof.

It's in use every time he transforms because that is the name of that form. Now you post proof it isn't called that. Post the proof. Beta Ray Bill is his official name so post proof Beta Ray Thor isn't the form he takes when he picks up the hammer and literally transforms into a Thor.

What does Clark Kent call himself when he puts on the costume? Superman. His offical name is still Clark Kent.
>>
>>94713506
Then your argument has no base because it's purely a subjective opinion, not an argument.
>>
>>94713589
Except for the basis of those other examples where Thor never had to give up his name when someone else used his hammer.
>>
File: herjked.png (1MB, 1029x893px) Image search: [Google]
herjked.png
1MB, 1029x893px
>>94713529
Ok so we're in agreement. He told her to carry the name.
>>
>>94713534
What do you want me to say? That is purely a personal thing. You're not Jane
>>
>>94713681
And it was stupid.
>>
>>94713681
And then everyone thought Thor was stupid for this.
>>
>>94713608
>What is context?

He didn't "have" to do it. He did it because he wanted to. Is your next rebuttal going to be how the writers now dont dictate what the characters want and you do?
>>
>>94713709
I don't want you to say anything. You're the one who has a problem with me calling it stupid.
>>
>>94707630
Doctor Strange
Ghost Rider
X-men
Punisher max
Thanos
>>
>>94713715
>>94713723

And that's your persona subjective opinion.
>>
>>94709110
What the fuck is the point of reading a Dr. Strange comic if he can't use magic? It's such a dumb ass decision to tone down Dr. Strange being able to use magic when magic is so incredibly underused in the Marvel universe anyways.
>>
>>94713734
If a writer makes a character do a stupid thing, when that character isn't a stupid person, then it is stupid writing.

That's the entire fucking point of this argument.
>>
>>94713750
I was talking about in story, everyone close to Thor said he was stupid for giving away his name.
>>
>>94713681
And its just giving everything to her to prop up a character that's an empty fucking shell.

Last Thor host had hard personal shit going on and that was part of his struggle. Beyond being Thor her struggle is "has cancer" which while a horrifying and tragic illness. Its not enough to build a character on.
>>
>>94713770
That's a personal subjective opinion.
>>
>>94713739
You have a problem with people defending it.
>>
>>94703703
explain.
>>
>>94713778
The inconsistency in writing is demonstrable, and thus objective. Thinking that the inconsistency is stupid, yes, that is subjective. Refusing to acknowledge that the inconsistency exists... That is stupid.
>>
>>94713777
You clearly haven't read the books.
>>
>>94713829
>>94712758
>>
>>94713829
There is no inconsistency. Everything that has happened is totally in-character. Your opinion is subjective. Accept it.
>>
>>94713907
Its everyone boosting her. She herself is still the dullest shallowest part of them.
>>
File: iY0f-ZdIU_Y.jpg (874KB, 2560x995px) Image search: [Google]
iY0f-ZdIU_Y.jpg
874KB, 2560x995px
>>94711209
I've seen your autistic screeching before but unfortunately I was too late for a long rant. Now is the time.

You like to call other people 'casuals' but in reality there's only one casual here and that's you. You obviously never read a damn thing about Thor, only this new Whor bullshit and those pages from Beta Ray Bill origin that you probably found in google. And all of your arguments are always the same. As if you don't even type them but just copypast from a previous threads like a fucking bot that was made by Jason Aaron himself with sole purpose to protect his shitty writing and character assassination.
Since you're too thickheaded to get the majority of arguments here I'll even highlight some of the keywords for you.

>Thor has ALWAYS tied is personal identity to being the God of Thunder
Get a load of this, you autistc faggot: Thor Odinson is THE God Of Thunder. He always was, is and will be. And this is something he will never loose no matter what. Want to know why? Because he doesn't even NEED his hammer to command the lightning and storm. He's a GOD. It's that simple. Mjolnir helps him CHANNEL and AUGMENT his powers. But he IS THE GOD OF THUNDER. It's not the hammer that makes him like that, but his heritage and birthright. This is his and only his name and title. Whenever people lift his hammer they're STILL just a mortals with a FRACTION of his power. They're not Gods Of Thiunder and they're certainly not Thors. You see this? This is from 'Original Sin Thor and Loki: The Tenth Realm'. Well, funny thing is that Jason Aaron himself wrote this. Too bad that all of this was thrown into window after Fury's whisper, eh? Even early in Aaron's 'God Of Thunder' run there's a young and (most importantly) UNWORTHY Thor summons the lightning and burning rain on a planet where it's literally impossible. You should've known that, but it's pretty obvious that you never actually read anything about real Thor.
>>
>>94713777
>which while a horrifying and tragic illness. Its not enough to build a character on.

Jane has a lot more than cancer going on and by your logic I guess Walter White is a shitty character huh?
>>
>>94711209
>>94713933
cont.

Also it's important to note that Thor was never DEFINED by his hammer or wothiness of it. That's Aaron who wrote him into this whiny, drunk and miserable state. Ever heard about 'Thor: For Asgard' limited series? Probably not. But don't worry, I'll give you a short summary to spare your time in google. Throught this WHOLE STORY Thor is UNWORTHY. And guess what? He didn't suddenly become a drunk autistic hobo that refused from his own name. He fucking GETS OVER IT and acts rationally. THIS is how Thor Odinson should REALLY act. And this is how a good writer handles Thor. But you'll probably say otherwise. Stay shit just like your beloved Whor and Aaron.
>>
>>94713933
>Disregards everything from Simonsons run in favor of NuMavel shit an headcanon
>Calls others casuals

Kill yourself.
>>
>>94713947
Simonson says hi.

>>94711573
>>
>>94713681

Better Thor in one year than Odinson in 40 years
>>
>>94713943
Walter White

>only cancer

Whut?
>>
>>94713927
I shouldn't have to keep explaining this.

It's inconsistent because, before this run of Thor, people who picked up the hammer did not "become Thor" and Thor Odinson did not "stop being Thor." Those are things that this run invented.

This is objectively true: People have wielded the hammer (Masterson, Rogers, Bill, others), only ONE of them called himself Thor (Bill, and he hasn't used the name in ages), and Thor never "stopped" being Thor during those times.

Jane picks up the hammer, "becomes" Thor. Goes by Thor. Thor comes by, they fight, then he says, yeah you're Thor now and I'm not. This is different from the previous instances. Different, thus, inconsistent.

Please don't make me start quoting the fucking dictionary.
>>
>>94713972
>>94713933
Calm your autistic screeches, lads. Let's just agree that Thor Odinson is a character that had stood the test of time, retcons, and messed up continuity. Let's just all agree that with or without the hammer, he is a character worth giving a read about.
>>
>>94713933
>you never actually read anything about real Thor.

So are you telling me the "real Thor" is from Aaron's run and not Simonson's? Is that the hill you want to die on? Fuck off causal, I've been reading Thor way longer than you have.
>>
>>94714032
Hi, casual here. Looking to like more Thor stuff. What about the Simonson's run that you like that is gone from Aaron's run?
>>
>>94714026
>It's inconsistent because, before this run of Thor, people who picked up the hammer did not "become Thor" and Thor Odinson did not "stop being Thor." Those are things that this run invented.

They became a Thor. Jane is a Thor. Odinson is still Thor. He chooses to not go by the name because he is disgraced. He forsaked his godhood and told Jane to carry it on.

>This is objectively true: People have wielded the hammer (Masterson, Rogers, Bill, others), only ONE of them called himself Thor (Bill, and he hasn't used the name in ages), and Thor never "stopped" being Thor during those times.

They were Thors. They chose to go by different names. They are still Thor when they transform. Bill is Beta Ray Thor when he transforms. Jane does not go by a different name because she chose not to.

You dont fucking understand what inconsistency is. You're clearly autistic.
>>
>>94714026
Inconsistency is my mailman not delivering my mail. My friend making a personal decision that is different from decisions he made in the past is human nature. I'm sorry if you're to spergy to understand humans.
>>
>>94714108
>They were Thors.
This was a phenomenon that was not introduced until the run in question, and it's this phenomenon that I'm calling stupid for being inconsistent with how it was portrayed in the past. It's inconsistent, because those people were never called "Thors". You can pretend that they were, but that's your own headcanon and thus... wait for it... your own subjective opinion.
>>
Thor is a name, not a title.
Marvel -and some of its autistic fans- clearly don't care.
Move on people.
>>
>>94714065
The grand scale of it all. Simonson felt like he was exploring the very edges of the Marvel universe. Aaron dabbles in that a bit but just but most of the time it's "been there done that"
>>
>>94714133
A writer writing something different when previous writers all wrote it the same is, by definition, inconsistent.

I'm sorry if you're too retarded to understand basic reasoning.
>>
>>94714164
Did Bill not pick up Mjolnir and transform? Did Odin not tell him he'll become "Beta Ray Thor" if he wielded a hammer? Did Eric Marsterson not become surprised when he literally transformed into Thor?
>>
>>94714201
>Did Bill not pick up Mjolnir and transform? Did Odin not tell him he'll become "Beta Ray Thor" if he wielded a hammer?
Thor didn't "stop being Thor" when that happened.

>Did Eric Marsterson not become surprised when he literally transformed into Thor?
Thor didn't "stop being Thor" AND Eric didn't become the "new Thor".

Steve didn't become Thor, either.
>>
>>94703633
Are you serious? This is a marvel event, of course Whor will win, she's a woman so she has to win or comic books are sexist or something.
>>
>>94714198
What are you not fucking getting? Were you passed around at an anti-vaccine party as an example of how vaccines cause autism is children?

I'll break it down for you:

>Bill pick up hammer and transform into Thor
>Eric pick up hammer and Transform into Thor
>Jane pick up hammer and transform into Thor
>Thor Odinson not worthy while Jane is worthy
>Odinson is sad
>Odinson tell Jane to carry on his name

Does it make sense, autist? Does it?
>>
>>94714244
>Thor didn't "stop being Thor" when that happened.

Because he was still worthy unlike now. Even then he was going to forsake his birthright before Odin stepped in.

>Thor didn't "stop being Thor" AND Eric didn't become the "new Thor".

Eric chose to go by Thunderstrike.
>>
>>94714278
Maybe if you keep repeating the same lies, you'll make it true.

None of those characters transformed into Thor. Being transformed into Thor was never a thing until Jane did it. That's why it's inconsistent in the first place.

You keep looking at the modern instance and retroactively applying its logic, but that's not how it works. None of the previous incidents set the precedent for "becoming a Thor" because each time the individual was treated as someone *different from* the identity of Thor, not a replacement. That precedent wasn't set until Jane. Thus, a new addition. Thus, inconsistent.
>>
>>94714342
The other times Thor has been unworthy, he's never changed his name from Thor. Thanks for reminding me of another inconsistency.
>>
>>94714353
>None of those characters transformed into Thor. Being transformed into Thor was never a thing until Jane did it. That's why it's inconsistent in the first place.

See >>94711209
and >>94713230

Go ahead and keep playing dumb. I'll keep saying the same thing until the thread 404s. I have all day.

>because each time the individual was treated as someone *different from* the identity of Thor, not a replacement. That precedent wasn't set until Jane. Thus, a new addition. Thus, inconsistent.

Because Thor never told them to carry his name. The circumstances were different. You dont understand what inconsistency is. People aren't autistic robots like you.
>>
>>94714372
>The other times Thor has been unworthy, he's never changed his name from Thor. Thanks for reminding me of another inconsistency.

Post all the other times Thor has been unworthy and I'll explain them all to you. Context is key.
>>
>>94713972
Well, that's especially funny to hear from someone who likes Whor.

>>94713995
Important thing to note that he still calls himself Thor here. And he's just ashamed that he fell in a fight and Odin saw it. He's not giving away his name and title.

>>94714032
>So are you telling me the "real Thor" is from Aaron's run and not Simonson's?
Nice strawman, but I never told you that. You tell me though. I thought you liked Aaron's run. You completely ignored my statement. I know you're retarded, but at least try to read. Or my post proved to be too big for your brain to process?
>Fuck off causal, I've been reading Thor way longer than you have.
Yeah, sure. Somehow so far you mentioned only one single run out of character's 50+ years of history. All you keep saying is 'M-muh Simmonson'. And mind you that I'm not arguing here whether it's canon or not, but rather just pointing out things. Stay mad though.

Anyway, you proved to be unable to give me any constructive answer other than those three shitty short replies. I'm disappointed.
>>
>>94714440
Hey, how about >>94713947 for a start? Surely you've read it if you've been reading Thor way longer than me. Don't worry, I'll give you enough time to browse a wikia or comicvine.
>>
>>94715173
>Being this mad that he's wrong
>>
>>94715243
Well for one isn't that story non-canon? I'm fuzzy on the details but I remember Heimdall dying. Thor was also in the middle of a siege on Asgard and didn't know why he couldn't lift Mjolnir. Original Sin is different because he recently got done defeating Gorr only to be told he was right by a trusted friend and Mjolnir suddenly stopped working.

Not the same thing.
>>
>>94709642
>8ts not his character that makes him unable to lift the hammer, its the belief that no god him included is worthy.
Even Odin couldn't lift the hammer when this began, and the other gods tried too.

Did they address this?

(honestly question, dropped this a little after original sin because I couldn't care less about what Nick Fury whispered and I felt the villains Aaron decided to spend time on like Malekith and Agger were just bland.)
>>
>>94716199
It get's worse from there. Mjolnir was retconned into a prison for a 'sentient storm' and apparently this storm decides who's worthy. It also heard Fury's whisper.
>>
>>94715807
Even though this story is non-canon Thor acts more canonically there than in any recent comics. He never threw a tantrum about his worthiness and Mjolnir there isn't retconned into the 'sentient storm'.
>>
>>94717026
IIRC that story had so many holes in it and it was never explained why he suddenly became unworthy. Pretty bad example to use.
>>
>>94704760
If Odin didn't want anyone else to be Thor ever then who is betaray bill?
>>
>>94717531
A cool alien who proved himself worthy of mjolnir, and was such an honorable warrior that Odin commissioned the dwarves to make him a hammer of his own?
>>
>>94716199
Aaron keeps trying to make Dario Agger into something but no one cares.
>>
>>94704760
>Odin hates her because he wants his son to be Thor and no one else.
This doesn't make xenophobic.
>>
>>94705597
Maybe your explanations aren't good enough...
>>
Just let the Tumblr-Thor croak already and maybe we might even get some good Thor for a change. Although given the current Marvel Comics team, not likely.
Thread posts: 452
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.