[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bendis Daredevil Pt. 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 237

Picking up where I left off yesterday. Prior threads are below. ALso, what's everyone's bets on the next season of Daredevil. I think they're going to try an adaptation of Born Again but it's a possibility they might try and do the first part of Bendis' run where Matt's identity is outed.
>>94631692
>>94657449
>>94677778
>>
I so wish that 4chan's image size limit was something closer to 10 megabytes. Some of these images are huge when in HD.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
This page was a bitch to resize.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I fucking despise having to resize pages. Makes me sad people don't get to see the true pages in all their HD glory
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I think I mentioned this in the prior thread. If I was to do Ewing's tenure at Marvel, would this be the following order?
>Loki: Agent of Asgard
>Mighty Avengers
>Captain America & The Mighty Avengers
>Contest of Champions
>Ultimates Vol. 1
>New Avengers
>Ultimates Vol. 2
>US Avengers
>>
Had to resize more pages. SUuuuuuuucccckkkkssss
>>
>>
DUN DUN DUN!!!!
>>
Watching Wonder Woman meow. How would you all rate the DCEU so far? 1-10 with 5 being truly average. Not good. Not bad. Just an enjoyable time at the movies where you won't quite feel ripped off but the movie won't stick with you.

Man of Steel
>7/10. A Superman movie that has much more of a Sci-Fi feel than a superhero flick Not the best foundation movie but much more interesting than anticipated.

Dawn of Justice
>8-9/10. I feel like many will disagree with this rating but I am only counting the Ultimate Edition. The Theatrical version would be a 3 or less. It was a badly organized mess of a movie.

Suicide Squad
>5-6/10 depending on what mood I'm in. A truly meh movie that has an interesting premise and doesn't fully capitalized on its source material. There are enough interesting things to keep a movie goer invested but nothing spectacular.

Wonder WOman
>6-7/10. Not a bad movie but doesn't live up to its potential. It's held back by a shakey plot, weird pacing, less than stellar CGI, and a craphshoot of an ending. Despite all this, I wouldn't feel like I wasted my money at the theater. Still not sold on Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. Evangine Lilly from Ant-Man had a better body than Wonder Woman and that shouldn't have happened.
>>
>>
>>94702624
6/pipply asses and Cho implants
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94702646
How do you feel about the rest of the films? I find the DCEU so much more polarizing than the MCU and that makes it stand out in my eyes. There are no set of super-hero movies like it.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Has anyone by chance happened to have read DC's Young Animal imprint? It looks intriguing.
>>
>>
>>
Oh my god indeed
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Truly a spectacular page. Maleev is in my top ten.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Absolutely loving this. Anyone else along for the ride?
>>
>>
I'm usually not a fan of splash pages but I'm enjoying this.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
That grin is horrifying
>>
>>94701416

It would be hard to do Born Again properly, as Karen is nowhere near that place in her life for the setup to work. I think they might start building towards it, having her start using drugs to deal with what she's seen around Matt and Frank, and then have her leave at the end of [Season]. Then, since time will have passed, they can enter the next season as the perfect start to Born again.

Right now Matt has only just revealed his identity to her, and she has only just started getting hit hard by the chaos around her, with Frank.

Just how I see the build up anyway. If they start putting her in that place, we might get Born Again as early as Season 3, but if Season 2 is more world building, it might not be until Season 4. Plus, Fisk has to get out of prison, and rebuild himself in a stable poisition.

I mean, if they changed how Karen gives up his identity to the Kingpin, then they could I guess. He and Foggy being currently estranged and Defenders presummably dealing with the Hand threat leave it in a good place that way, but I really liked what Karen went through as a story element as much as Matt. You really need it all to be present.
>>
>>94702454
Loki and Captain Falcon and the Avengers are around the same time, I think they both deal with Secret Wars stuff. Speaking of SW, didn't Ewing write a tie-in to that?
>>
MGH is scary as hell.

I know I've been hard on the movie, but Wonder Woman is a solid 7/10. Better on the second watch.
>>
>>94703589
>>94703589
I feel like the Netflix seasons have a tendency to speed through arcs fairly quickly which I why I thought born again was a possibility. However, the points you brought up make a lot of sense. If they're thinking to introduce Bullseye this season, do you think they'll adapt the arc where they kill Electra? In hindsight this seems much more logical because as you said, Karen hasn't sunk nealy that low but having Matt cut her off after Elektra's death would make sense. That's just my thoughts though. I would love to hear other opinions.
>>
>>94703659
I'm not nearly as familiar with the Secret Wars arc as that's when I stopped paying attention to Marvel. So as a revision is this better?

>Mighty Avengers
>Contest of Champions
>Ultimates Vol. 1
>New Avengers
>Ultimates Vol. 2
>US Avengers
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
God dammit Matt......
>>
>>
>>
>>94703667

Jessica Jones was my first introduction to MGH, so this is interesting.

As to WoWo, I really liked it, but I think it left me a bit depressed (the overall tone) as I lost all interest in comics and cape stuff for several months after it. I don't know why.

>>94703681

Didn't they kill Electra already? I skipped a lot of DD Season 2 for the Frank bits, as they somehow made ninjas boring. I have to guiltily admit that while I love Born Again and Daredevil as a hero, Matt as Matt really bores me unless it's a legal scene or Foggy are in the scene. Sitting through all his scenes and flashbacks with Electra physically hurt me. Especially while Frank was Franking.
>>
>>
>>
This is soulcrushing. I can't imagine what this must be like when the feeling isn't mutual.
>>
>>94703864
Elektra came back because of Hand magic. I'm willing to be Matt "redeems" her in some way and when everything seems like it's going to work out, Bullseye steps in and fucks shit up.
>>
>>94701554
>>94701601
>>94701712
>>94701731
This is a part of the run that bugged me. I haven't re-read it closely, but I feel that it kind of falls apart a bit when read a second time. Urich is telling this mysterious person about what happened during the time-skip, but then it's revealed to be Milla. Urich, in his investigative reporting, never saw a picture of her before? Why the secrecy in making this a frame device?
>>
It's also possible that during the Punisher arc Karen experiences some horrifying event while hangin out with Punisher and she turns to drugs as a means of self medication.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94703713
That seems good to me, just add Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders between Cap and the Avengers and Contest of Champions.
>>
>>94704043
Just snagged Captain Britain and Mighty Defenders. So complete list:
>Mighty Avengers
>Captain Britain and Mighty Defenders
>Contest of Champions
>Ultimates Vol. 1
>New Avengers
>Ultimates Vol. 2
>US Avengers

And it would be okay to just storytime through each of the respective series? Just wanna make sure I get it right.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94704116
>And it would be okay to just storytime through each of the respective series?
I'd say so, yeah. IIRC there wouldn't really be any issues with doing it like that.
>>
>>
>>
>>94704230
I'm glad to have set this up correctly. We got one more volume of Daredevil ahead of me but afterward I'll switch to Ewing. Then I'll storytime Powers by Bendis using the TPB. Then, I don't know what but I'm certain I'll think of something or one of you kool kats will recommend something.
>>
I'm not normally a fan of Black Widow but god damn
>>
>>
>>
I'm normally not a fan of extreme Bendis speak but I really enjoy this page.
>>
I think I'm in love.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Fuck, Jigsaw is lookin rough in this series. I mean, I know he looks bad but he looks like a cross between The Elephant Man and Pyg's Dollotrons.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Stupid question, but is King's Batman worth a read? I enjoyed Omega Men and Vision but I haven't read anything beyond. Snyder's Batman was excellent in concept but terrible in execution (mainly all the endings). I actually prefer Snyder's All-Star Batman series compared to the main.
>>
Wasn't expecting this
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94704592
It's... kind of shit desu. I recommend reading Sheriff of Babylon instead if you want more King, I feel like he's writing Batman for the rep boost rather than out of any real passion for the character.
>>
Matt has got some serous balls on him.
>>
>>
>>
Can't they just have a nice breakfast/lunch?
>>
>>
>>94703171
Young Animal stuff has been mostly good.
Shade, the Changing Girl and Doom Patrol are good. Shade requires next to no backstory, but DP might be a bit tougher. The first arc introduces and explains a lot though.
Cave Carson is kind of mediocre to me, but I haven't kept up with it. The art is consistent (but dizzying to my eyes).
Mother Panic is probably the most straightforward "crime/batman style book" out of the bunch, and has a lot of changing art.

They are all at least worth a look.
>>
>>94704679
Am I in the wrong for really enjoying the most recent Batman issue? I know the War of Jokes and Riddles is pretty stupid, but there were a few lines that got me to cackle like a madman. It feels entirely different from Snyder which is probably why I'm more tolerant towards it.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
bumpo
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94705878
>People always shitting on Frank.

Life is suffering.
>>
>>
>>
>>94705922
Frank don't give a shit. At the end of the day he knows that he makes more a difference than a handful of those superfreaks put together.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
And now we officially draw the second volume to a close. Two more days and we will finish up the third volume so if we stay on track we will begin the Ewing Epic on Sunday.
>>
Night night OP
>>
>>94705205
Dat ass
>>
>>94704864
The only way to enjoy it is to imagine that every character KNOWS that they're in a badly written shakespearean play and that they HAVE TO say their lines or someone will detonate their micro-bomb implants.
Thread posts: 252
Thread images: 237

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.