[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the spirit of the Ducktales reboot, how about a Darkwing thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 14

In the spirit of the Ducktales reboot, how about a Darkwing thread?
>>
>>94698452
I just started watching this. I love Darkwing's design.
>>
>>94698452
Top DW villains?

1) Negaduck
2) Megavolt
3) Taurus Bulba
4) Quackerjack
5) Steelbeak/FOWL
>>
>>94698529
1: Negaduck
2: Bulba
3: Darkwarrior Duck
4 :Megavolt
5: Bushroot
>>
Too dangerous
>>
>>94698587
>>94698644
I wish obvious political b8ing in unrelated threads resulted in an automatic ban
>>
>>94698514
The old pulp costumed crimefighter was an interesting aesthetic to choose. Glad Stones (pfft, no pun intended, really) went with this and not the Bond-inspired secret agent.
>>
>>94698452
What are the chances of a Disney XD TV Universe with a reboot of Darkwing Duck and Goof Troop if Duck Tales does well?
>>
you smiiiled at meee
right through your beak
babay
you are so sweet
with your webbed feet, oh girl
>>
>>94698812
Probably decent, but honestly I'd like to see more original cartoons from them before more reboots.
>>
File: Launchpad&Gadget.jpg (36KB, 450x328px) Image search: [Google]
Launchpad&Gadget.jpg
36KB, 450x328px
>>94698452
Will the Rescue Rangers make it?
I know it's canon breaking, due to humans, but some comics defied it.
>>
>>94698812
I think chances are small right now (the universe will probably be contained within Ducktales), but I wouldn't count it out. Certainly hoping.
>>
>>94698881
Then just write the humans out? How difficult is that
>>
I hope Darkwing Duck does not get rebooted, it is too perfect.
>>
>>94698529
In no particular order:

Megavolt
Liquidator (he had far to few solo appearances)
Dark Warrior Duck
Negaduck
>>
>>94698881
Is the RR movie still being planned?
>>
>>94698990
There's an RR movie planned?
>>
>>94698921
That will kill the premise (little guys take on problems big guys don't have time for). Remember, RR started out as Rescuers: The Animated Series.
>>
>>94698987
The Liquidator was probably difficult to write dialogue for, with all of his lines being in the vein of a slogan or commercial. Great character, though.
>>
>>94699006
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_%27n_Dale:_Rescue_Rangers#Revival.2FFilm_adaptation

I really don't know how to feel about this. I want to be positive, but...
>>
>>94699091
If it's like Chipmunks and Smurfs movies, then I hope it rots in development hell forever.
>>
>>94699091
It was quietly cancelled. If you know anything about film and TV industry, most cancelled project are never officially announced as such.
>>
>>94699123
Oh. Thank god.
>>
>>94698881
Launchpad is unironically my waifu.
>>
>>94698514

Green Hornet meets the Shadow. Always loved that about DW's costume.
>>
>>94699186
Good taste
>>
>>94699377
Thanks!
>>
>>94698881

Most of their major villains were animals. Only that professor was human.
>>
>>94699010
So now the big guys are ducks and pigs and dog-faces. What's the issue?
>>
File: shendu_by_futureanimator5.jpg (4MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
shendu_by_futureanimator5.jpg
4MB, 3000x3000px
I just had an idea someone should do a fanfic where the story from Jackie Chan Adventures is done in the new Duck Tales universe.

Just picture Glomgold finding the statue of Shendu and racing Scrooge and his family to find the 12 talismans.
>>
>>94699186
Launchpad can crash my ass anytime.
>>
File: DellaCollected.jpg (2MB, 1317x1857px) Image search: [Google]
DellaCollected.jpg
2MB, 1317x1857px
Everything I could find about Della Duck put into one image.
>>
>>94700174
You do realize Nimnul wasn't the only human on the planet, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 350x263px
>>94698618
>>
>>94701220
>Father hospitalized after giant firecracker explodes under his chair
>Nephews are eternally stuck with Donald and/or Scrooge
>The nephews killed their father
Damn.
>>
This show was great.
>>
>>94698452
Favorite villain was Liquidator, but he only had one episode
>>
>>94699048
Apparently he was too difficult to write Darkwing defeating. So he was left to mook status in group episodes
>>
>>94703202
Nope.
>>
>>94698618
Drake never fought Darkwarrior though, did he?
>>
>>94698529
This is probably my choice. Liquidator was my personal favorite, but I know why he's underused.
>>
File: IMG_0652-300x400.jpg (40KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0652-300x400.jpg
40KB, 300x400px
>>94698514
>>94698740
I really like the updated version from the recent comics. This is a bad,pic, but they gave him a tie instead of a turtleneck and it works.
>>
File: Liquidator5.jpg (509KB, 640x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Liquidator5.jpg
509KB, 640x1040px
>>94704690
Yeah, that makes sense. Great concept and character, but they kind of wrote themselves into a corner in making him op.
>>
Unless it's Jim Cummings doing the voice, I won't even acknowledge its existence.
>>
File: NegaLaunchpad vs Liquidator.png (940KB, 1200x1280px) Image search: [Google]
NegaLaunchpad vs Liquidator.png
940KB, 1200x1280px
I'd forgotten that Nega-Lauchpad was a thing.

>>94706506
Nice modern spin on the look. I mean, I still think I prefer the iconic turtleneck, but as you said, it really does work.
>>
>watch DW Duck
>most memorable villains for me are Megavolt and Negaduck
>later watch Earthworm Jim
>voice of Megavolt plays Evil Jim

Even as a kid I thought that was a neat coincidence.
>>
>>94706883
It truly was the era of professional VAs.
>>
>>94698529
>>94698618
Both wrong.
We all know Darkwings best and greatest foe is Dr slug
>>
I want a Darkwing Duck game that's a Batham parody.
>>
File: BANana.gif (461KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
BANana.gif
461KB, 256x144px
>>94707298
>quackham asylum
OH GOD YES PLEASE MAKES THIS HAPPEN
>>
>>94707298
It'd be pretty amazing. Shoehorn every villain. Use your gas gun and gadgets, zoom about on the Ratcatcher, or even fly the Thunderquack as Launchpad and earn XP for...creative landings.

Plus, you'd have Jim Cummings record a thousand or so "I am the terror that flaps in the night!" variations and you'd hear a new one every time you appeared out a gas cloud.
>>
File: dangerous.gif (1MB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
dangerous.gif
1MB, 450x338px
>>94698452
they namedropped St. Canard in the first episode

Also Cape Suzette and Spoonerville

if Ducktales does well do you think we'll get a full-on Disney Afternoon revival?
>>
Be cool if a Darkwing Duck remake went full on "pulp" basically "The Shadow" with a duck. It could still be comedic and all, but super stylized and shit.
>>
>>94707639
>if Ducktales does well do you think we'll get a full-on Disney Afternoon revival?

Full-on? Dunno. I think Darkwing is likely, just because he's A) in Duck Tales and B) an easy spin-off. Something like Talespin is a little harder, given the assumed difference in time-period, though it's hardly impossible. Plenty of Duck Tales stories could be set in the past with a younger Scrooge. Or they could just bump up the timeline, though I think it'd suck half the fun out of Talespin to remove the art-deco, dieselpunk style.

If I were gonna do it, I'd have St. Canard be the sort of...dark reflection of Duckburg. Sure, the Beagle Boys are a nuisance, but St. Canard has actual supervillains. Play it up that Scrooge thinks the city across the bay is a waste, have him lump Darkwing in with all the other costumed crazies, then have an adventure where he learns that Darkwing really wants to make things better and is actually working hard at it.

Cape Suzette, on the other hand, would be...well, I'd sort of play it up like Scrooge himself. It used to be important, well known, and the center of everything adventurous. It's where aviation was king, where the cliff guns were as legendary as the air-pirates were notorious. But nowadays, the world's kind of passed it by. Then have Scrooge relate an incredible adventure with Baloo and Louie...

Oh, wait. Tony Jay is dead and he can't voice Shere Khan. Never mind. Scrap everything. Nothing matters anymore.
>>
>>94698881
actually Rescue Rangers is the one Disney Afternoon series that they aren't allowed to touch due to what >>94699091 mentions
>>
>>94698881
It wouldn't be part of the Duck Tales canon...

But anyways, I would rather they try and spin together a canon out of Rescue Rangers, The Rescuers, and the Great Mouse Detective. Too bad the latter two are based on two different book series.
>>
>>94707639
a promotional video also established that St Canard and Duckberg are sister cities and are very close to each other

as for a DA revival, I figure outside of Darkwing it'd mostly be cameos for the other shows
>>
>>94704690
There was a comic in an old Disney Adventures mag with him by the team that devised his character. It actually reads like an episode of the show, but it has one fatal flaw.
The plot is that Licky goes back into selling beverages and it's a big hit, but DW swears he's up to no good. The twist is Darkwing's right, and Liquidator's drink turns people who enjoy into puddles of water he can control. DW finds this out immediately AFTER taking a swig himself after convincing himself he pegged Liquidator wrong. The flaw is this: As needed, and in short order, Honker devises compounds that a, allow Darkwing to control his own watery form like Licky; b, reverse the process of body liquification; and c, solidify Liquidator's form so he can't move and can be arrested. All of which (especialy b) begs the question, why not use the potions to restore Bud Flood and remove one supervillain from St. Canard's ranks altogether? Entertaining read besides that, though.
>>
>>94705232
Nope, he was, or nope, you didn't realize that?
>>
>>
>>
>>94707863
>Oh, wait. Tony Jay is dead and he can't voice Shere Khan.

It could always be Khan's son or even grandson just to keep the original back in the '30s/'40s setting.

Cast... eh, say, Jonathan Pryce as him.
>>
>>94698452
hd release on sight?
>>
>>94701220
The kids will be older than their mom, when she returns.
>>
>>94710703
It goes without saying that pretty much everything in the picture is of questionable canon. The only confirmed thing so far is that she was a pilot. It's worth noting that her name, Donald's introduction to his nephews, and the way Donald and Della treat each other contradict each other in even these few appearances.
>>
>>94707109
The thing is, all the veteran voice actors are getting older. And newer ones have to step up their game, with anime voice actors needing to transfer into western works.
>>
>>94707863
Tale Spin was set in early 30ies while original Duck Tales was set in late 40ies. So about 15 years.
Since the reboot has fucking phones, though I assume they will don the gap and merely keep the aesthetics, like in Gotham.
>>
How it's the Boom comic? Also it's still running?
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.