[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of the Dark Knight Trilogy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

Personally I think it's a great series. It's not a superhero series as much as it is action series, borrowing nothing in the way of superhero, human plus attributes. There's no character that's out of the realm of possibility which I believe made it more appealing and very popular with regular people. It's not perfect, personally I don't think the ending of The Dark Knight is realistic, the ship with the bomb remote is definitely going to push the trigger, there's no way neither ship doesn't. I know they couldn't really do it, but it would've made the Joker right the entire time.
>>
I truly think they are garbage with little to no redeeming value. As cinema they're meaningless. Sloppy, dour, uninspired. The plots are non-sensical and the dialogue plodding, with all of the themes hammered home through bald exposition.

As a Batman adaptation, an utter failure. It's more about the League of Shadows, as Batman, Bane, everyone spins out of that. No nightly, unending war on crime, which defines the character. He fights 3-4 bad guys and fucks off to weep around the mansion for a decade hobbling on a broken knee, for some strange reason. He is not a skilled martial artist, he is not a detective. He sounds silly. He is ineffectual.

Heath Ledger delivered a spirited performance as le edgy hobo anarchist man, not actually the Joker, that's about it.
>>
Batman Begins is my favourite, thought I admit the villain plan was a convoluted mess, but then again, so were others.
>>
Begins felt like a Batman/comic book movie before they were a thing. It had the origin story, over the top gadgets, stylized location with The Narrows. Other then letting Batman kill Ras, it was a very good movie and good take on Batman imo.

Dark Knight was incredibly overrated but still a good movie but started the unfortunate trend to gritty realism. Batman does not work with gritty realism. Hes a fucking guy in a batsuit for goodness sake. It felt more like a traditional action/thriller with characters renamed to Batman characters. It had a pretty tight story to tell though.

Rises had memes but was not good. For me anyway.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.