[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ksbd/ - Kill Six Billion Demons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 2

File: SOT72.jpg (1MB, 980x1515px) Image search: [Google]
SOT72.jpg
1MB, 980x1515px
YOU MAKE A GOOD DAAALEK.

>“A true king of swords knows not only how to cut, but the value of each cut. Without weighing his blade carefully, he will soon find it carving away his own flesh.”
>-Intra, sword god

"The feeding frenzy of my starving soul, gnawing voraciously at the bones,

the exo-skeletal patchwork, protecting my own reflection within;

The twin and same engaged in the mirror act of chewing away

at the shell of my attacking self. The paradox unseen."

-Meshuggah, Catch 33
>>
>>94692319
So I get that Cio is kinda grumpy at this whole thing, but when does she think Allison reminded her that devils have no family or friends?

Firstly we definitely know devils have what passes for a family as Princess and Oscar calls each other as grandson and grandfather

Secondly Allison headbutted an archdevil to protect Cio
>>
Still seems a tad random for the Devils to start betraying each other before they've gotten their prize
>>
>>94693125
Behold!

The power of mediocre writting!
>>
>>94693125
I can see it now
>I saved you from a fucking archdevil you ungrateful prick!
>We're friends, even if I have to beat the shit out of you until you get it!
>>
>>94693125
The idea is.
Cio thinks of Allison as a friend.
Allison reminds her of devil basics.
Devils have no friends.
Cio can't be friends with Allison.
Thanks Allison.
>>
this was the exact kind of page I was afraid we were going to get after that. it really shouldve been a "bitch got what was coming" moment. you would think after everything shes seen since they decided to go to the king of demons or whatever she would understand that demons could literally not give a fuck about anything but themselves
>>
>>94693125
>>94694373
It's basically the plot to Antman

>I've turned over a new leaf, no more breaking in and stealing shit
>>I need you to break in and steal shit
>...fuck you.
>>
>>94694543
Still think there is a middle point between breaking into a vault to rescue someone and consuming pleasure slaves
>>
>>94694686
Well this is breaking into a vault to take the thing that makes GodScrooge divine, which was what lead to the consuming pleasure slaves last time...
>>
>>94694686
Cio is worried about the slippery slope. It's why addicts for the most part don't partake of any of their specific substance/activity. Most people acknowledge it's a bad idea to tell a recovering alcoholic "Oh man it's just a few beers what's it gonna hurt?" since they typically can't and won't stop at just a few beers.
>>
>>94694489
She still killed someone, the first time she's firstly ended another person, even if it was a devil, seeing all the shit she's seen doesn't stop Allsion from being a person, and killing another can seriously hit someone hard. Allison isn't some hardened warrior, she's a college student putting on a tough front with the occasional demigod juice.
>>
>>94692319
Cio has no right to be that salty over Allison telling her they're not friends. They barely met and from Allisons point of view Cio does it out of her own self interest and not the goodness of her heart. Which is true even if she did try to be a better person.
>>
>>94694759
Especially since Cios very existence is addiction. For a recovering alcoholic, one drink is a risky slip, for Cio, who has tried to turn her life around, this situation is greasing her whole body and jumping onto a freshly soaped up slip n slide all the way back to her old life of nightmarish decadence
>>
>>94694716
No, no. This is breaking into the same vault she broke into last time to steal that.

This time they're breaking in to steal something else: Zaid.

I can't wait to see how he reacts upon waking up in wherever with a scarred and radically different Allison looking over him.
>>
>>94694872
She's not salty over that, she's salty over Allison's quest throwing her back into life she desperately wanted nothing to do with, and now everything around her is working to peel away the persona she built up for decades and brutally reminding her of what she is.
>>
>>94694978
She seems to be focusing on that part though.
>>
>>94694948
I doubt he's gonna be there.
>Something something this was a trap to lure you here AL-YISUN
>Now die to my super money powers
>Fuck you, Imma steal your key
>Augh I've been defeated!
>Escape before the bank explodes in a volcano of molten gold
>>
>>94694046
Allison had her guard down and was just some puny human, she probably assumed Allison was fodder and was just getting rid of her earlier
>>
>>94694046
Like Blue devil said 'One less share to worry about'
>>
>>94695168
Seems silly to be concerning about shares when they're robbing a vault with more gold than an army could carry
>>
>>94695204
They are devils. More is never enough.
>>
>>94695006
I doubt it.

The only way he'd know she was coming is if Mother Om told him she told her.
>>
>>94693125
They're not actually family, though. Those titles are honorific, and sometimes even meant as insults.
>>
>>94694046
>Still seems a tad random for the Devils to start betraying each other before they've gotten their prize

I don't know about you, but that seems /exactly/ what a devil would do.
>>
>>94695215
But in this case an extra pair of hands means more loot, they can start killing each other once they don't need to concern themselves with carrying what they want out
>>
Calling it now, Cio is gonna try to kill Allison near the end of the chapter.
>>
>>94695619
That or rape her
>>
>>94695619
Cio's the least likely to betray her, even if she grows to hate her. See, if they fail, she'll have the whole of Devilkind out for her blood.

Trouble is, she's not just Cio right now, is she?
>>
>>94693125
>Princess and Oscar calls each other as grandson and grandfather
Y'all need to buff up on obscure abaddon tumblr posts
>>
I really want there to be a devil that turns out to be a complete, unconditional bro at one point in the series.
>>
>>94695785
I'm pretty sure Oscar is the closest you're going to get, and that's only because he doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>94695245
Or he had spies. Given how much each of the demiurges hate each other, they probably have moles everywhere keeping tabs on their rivals.
>>
>>94695514
That's applying logic to a devil, whose entire drive isn't 'how to get it out' but just 'how to reach it'
>>
>>94695785
>>94695953
>Himself gets let out the coffin
>The Heretic Court all going crazy
>"Allison, want to go get some chicken tendies? I haven't had tendies in 2 Kapla, my treat."
>>
>>94696243
I imagine that if they wanted wealth they could find much easier targets. So what exactly do they want?
>>
>>94694861
That's kind of the issue; the emotional and physical stakes are all over the fucking place and it's hard to take dismay over something like this seriously after she's been shooting lasers out of her forehead in the land of angels and demons
>>
>>94697840
Devils don't just want more wealth. They just want. And a vault where a demiurge keeps wealth and mysteries? They want it. Want the wealth, the knowledge to know what else he hides there, and if they can carry it out, they'll want to do that to.
>>
>>94698575
>the circumstances the character is in are unrealistic therefore I cannot sympathize with characters completely normal morality
Have you considered that you might be autistic?
>>
>>94692319
Has Cio always had a tail?
>>
>>94698696
The issue is pacing, not morality.
>>
>>94693125
maybe back when allison literally said 'you aren't my friend' and acted like an asshole?
>>
>>94693125
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-2-12/
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-5-53/
>>
>>94692319
I want to bind Cio in a pact and give her contradictory orders and then throatfuck her when she gets uppity.
>>
>>94694046
Charon said some words on that regard.

>>94693125
> when does she think Allison reminded her that devils have no family or friends?

When she said he hired them, when in fact she hasn't; they all came on their will for their own motives and interests; not for money, not for allegiance or friendship. Allison thinks they've come to help her get Mammon's key, when in fact each one have come to get the key for their own selves by using all the others for their own personal goal.

"DO AS THOU WILT", that's from the Book of Law; it doesn't mean do what you want, it means "do your will", as in "realize your own goals".
>>
>>94695953
>>94697044
I mean a devil that's a genuine good person, no strings attached. Oscar runs a gang and hired said devil that nearly killed Allison. Himself is literally the lord of devils, it'd be hard to believe that he's an upstanding citizen.
>>
>>94695785
>I really want there to be a devil that turns out to be a complete, unconditional bro at one point in the series.
It is certainly not impossible. The rule is that devils do anything THEY want. That doesn't mean they HAVE to be assholes, you can have a devil who deliberately want to do good because that's his personality.

The Devils basically have no laws. So Anarchy is the rule. Doing good is still an option.
>>
>incubus: has no proper backstory as he, per Abaddon's word, "just kind of is"; seemingly exists at least in part in dreams; considers himself the true god of the universe
>himself: always has and always will exist as he consists of 100% pure ego

>incubus: makes deals of power with mortals by putting a small part of his soul flame inside them and then vampirically leeching their soul juice until they are left as dry husks
>devils: exact same thing

what does this mean
>>
Genuinely curious as to where this will go, I mean most stories would have a light at the end of the tunnel, but I would enjoy it if the narrative went another direction, that instead of the characters helping each other become better people they end up corrupting each other instead

Also many people seem certain that Cio will betray Allison, but personally I'm hoping it's there's another conclusion to that and instead there will be more focus from the possible betrayal from White Chain considering the angel is working for Michael and Metatron
>>
>>94696222
Could you imagine the bureaucratic nightmare of that? It would probably take a spy the better part of a year just to get the information back to Mammon.

Spies intercepting spies intercepting spies ad infinitum.

And then, maybe 10 years or 100 years later, when the spy is finally granted an audience, he'd be killed almost immediately for wasting the grand dragon's time reporting what type of soup Mother Om spilled all over herself 10 or 100 years ago.
>>
>>94692319
Does no one on this comic know how to set text properly?
>>
>>94693125
>when does she think Allison reminded her that devils have no family or friends
On the boat, at the beginning of the arc.
>>
File: waiting merchant.jpg (71KB, 800x560px) Image search: [Google]
waiting merchant.jpg
71KB, 800x560px
>>94692319
No, but seriously, who the fuck is Intra? He's shown up over and over in the comic's flavor text, and we know fucking nothing about him. Is he a demiurge? Is he "just" Royalty? Is he still around and/or will he ever show up?
>>
>>94692319
Cio has such smoochable lips.
>>
>>94703384
It would be quite a loss if the comic doesn't get lewd at some point
>>
Finally got to this thread while its still live.

Why has it been dying so fast?
>>
>>94704328
Nothing has been an 'oh shit' moment since Ally started to ride the lightning, so we're waiting on the next big thing before we sperg out.
>>
>>94704358
Even that thread died fairly fast, though. I haven't caught a ksbd thread live since the end of the devil contest.
>>
>>94702783
it might be different for the print version, not sure
>>
>>94698902
>The issue is pacing, not morality.
I view Allison's accepting of Incubus' deal as sort of a soft reset of her personality.

She was able to put up a fight against Mother Om because the extreme stress of the situation put her into Royalty mode, and on the boat she was still riding the tail end of that high.

However, she hasn't developed enough to maintain that level of badassness yet. (Un)Fortunately, Incubus was there to provide a crutch just as she was about to crash.

So, the Allison we're seeing now is only slightly stronger than the Allison that rode the lightning back to the void; much weaker than the Allison that stood up to Mother Om.
>>
>>94692319
Are those, like, merchant-saints of Mammon's church of taxes? Surprised that anyone would get honored there (putting aside the grim expressions they all have on).
>>
>>94695514
They're not humans. I'm sure they have a way to carry all the loot they will be winning.
>>
>>94701138
A devil would have to be brand new to have never done any bad deeds. They're immortal so even if they try to do good at the current time there's been thousands of years for them to try everything.
>>
>>94693125
Hey remember that guy that raped you and took all your worldly possessions? Well now your new friend wants you to strike a deal with him and go hang out with his friends.
>>
>>94703186
Isn't he one of the gods?

>>94702783
There's only one person working on the comic. Might explain stuff.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.