[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batgirl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

How do I into Batgirl? Start at New52 vol.1 and just go from there? Start at Rebirth instead?
>>
>>94675969
>How do I into Batgirl?
Step one: Be Dick Grayson
Step two: Be someone that looks like Dick Grayson
Step three: If all else fails, be Killer Moth
>>
>>94675969
Babs is shit as Batgirl
Get into Oracle instead
>>
>>94676474
Ner N52 design is really good at least.
>>
There's not much "traditional" superhero material with her since she was Oracle for most of the 80's up to Flashpoint. The New 52 run is the closest to that but it's pretty poorly received.

The revamp, "Batgirl of Burnside", is pretty OK for what it is: slice of life combined with superheroics, but it's clearly aimed at people not really into superhero comics. It continues into Rebirth.

So really there's not a whole lot of material with her as Batgirl. If you just want to check out Barbara as a character, I suggest Simone's Birds of Prey. And if you just want to read about the concept of Batgirl, I recommend Bryan Q. Miller's Batgirl v3, starring Stephanie Brown instead of Barbara, or v2 which is about Cass Cain, essentially a ninja Batgirl.
>>
Start with Robin Year One and Batgirl Year One, which is the best Batgirl story probably written. Then you can jump into the New 52, Burnside and Rebirth runs if you want.

You can go back and read some of the older Birds of Prey runs if you want to read some of her as Oracle too.
>>
You're honestly better off not bothering, but yeah you have the reading list for Babs by now between your own OP and the other suggestions here

Cass and Steph also had ongoings
>>
>>94676866
^This. If you are a fan from her cartoons, appearances in the old live action TV show and/or the Lego movie, it is best that you save yourself the punishment and just avoid her altogether in the comics.
>>
>>94675969

Read Batgirl Year One. That's it. That's the best Barbara has ever been as Batgirl.

To start at Rebirth or anything New 52 would get you nothing, but question why anyone would like this character.

If you want the closest thing to a modern Batgirl go read Stephanie Brown's Batgirl in Vol. 3. It's basically what DC keeps trying with Barbara right now, but keep fucking it up. Bryan Q. Miller gets it right on the first try and the first thirteen issues were recently reprinted.

If you want bad ass with a compelling character arc go read Cassandra Cain's Batgirl (aka Vol. 1, primarily #1-37. Avoid vol. 2).

Both Cassandra and Stephanie's ongoings have Barbara in a major supporting role and both kind of outshine her in it, even if Barbara is the "iconic" one.

If you want to read Barbara start out with Year One, then go read Birds of Prey Vol. 1 along with Cass/Steph's Batgirl volumes.
>>
>>94675969
Barbara is so full of potential to be an interesting character in-universe, as Batgirl as well, though most Oracle fans refuse to believe it.

I mean, if you think about how often the stories go into the "effect" of Batman, about how he's a symbol for the city to rally around and the bad guys to fear and the legend of the dark knight yadda yadda, then Babs is the most interesting character to look at that position from.

Most Robins tend to be brought into Batman's fold from a young age, given explicit training, WayneTech equipment and childhood trauma needed to be a child soldier. But Barbara chooses that life for herself, because she's Jim Gordon's daughter and she sees the change Batman brings to Gotham from his closest confidante. It inspires her. For as much batwank as we have about Batman as a figure, the story from her perspective seems the most interesting.

But sure, give it to Whedon or whatever.
>>
>>94676927
Nonsense, comic Batgirl isn't the train wreck /co/ likes to meme it is.
>>
File: 1378958722611.jpg (347KB, 1024x636px) Image search: [Google]
1378958722611.jpg
347KB, 1024x636px
>>94677784
>>
File: 1465399414143.jpg (12KB, 153x192px) Image search: [Google]
1465399414143.jpg
12KB, 153x192px
>>94677846
>he did it for the lulz
fucking wow
>>
File: Batgirl_1_TheGroup_021.jpg (725KB, 1087x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl_1_TheGroup_021.jpg
725KB, 1087x1650px
>>
File: batgirl-000-05.jpg (704KB, 1280x1968px) Image search: [Google]
batgirl-000-05.jpg
704KB, 1280x1968px
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.