[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it good as they say or it's just edgy trash?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: c.jpg (23KB, 258x387px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
23KB, 258x387px
Is it good as they say or it's just edgy trash?
>>
I enjoyed it, but I haven't read it since I was a teenager.

Didn't the author's wife die or something?
>>
>>94671025
Yeah, he did the comic book after his girlfriend died on a car accident
>>
The fact that you use that term probably means you'll think it's edgy trash.
>>
the movie is better desu
>>
>>94671882
This. I've read the comic, and it was OK. Nothing amazing, or even all that unique, just serviceable. I don't recall enjoying the artwork, and it's pretty obvious the plot was written out of emotions rather than having a clear idea of where he was going to take it.

I'd honestly recommend just watching the movie. The movie is what people think of besides Jim Lee when they think of 90's grimdurp edge. And it's glorious.
>>
>>94671968
>>94671882
The movie is more boring than the comic, I felt.
The comic has this surreal sense of heightened emotion, especially the extended edition.

The movie is just a well made movie, but doesn't reach those heights.
>>
File: mother is the name for God.jpg (159KB, 626x600px) Image search: [Google]
mother is the name for God.jpg
159KB, 626x600px
>>
>>94672066
>The comic has this surreal sense of heightened emotion, especially the extended edition.
Couldn't connect with it, it just wasn't well written enough for me to be able emotionally connect with any of the characters or scenes.
>>
File: The_Crow_-_TPB_p033.png (313KB, 949x1470px) Image search: [Google]
The_Crow_-_TPB_p033.png
313KB, 949x1470px
>>94672066
Yes, the movie is extremely watered down. The comic is pure raw emotion and angst, which is easy to dismiss as teen emo material at first glance.
I like both but I much prefer the Eric character in the comics. We get to see things that would be considered boring in a movie, him moping around the house with a cat, cutting himself, injecting copious amounts of drugs, trying so hard to die that it justifies him becoming more deranged and vicious every time he goes out to find another member of the gang.

The art is bad though, but it's ok.

If you like Joy Division, The Cure, Bauhaus, The Sisters of Mercy, then you'll probably like The Crow.
>>
>>94670945
It's good edgy trash.
Well, maybe not good, but interesting.
>>
>>94671491
This. Anybody who uses the word "edgy" without irony should stick to their fucking Gwenpool and Rat Girl or whatever comics
>>
File: IMG_3148.png (74KB, 262x199px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3148.png
74KB, 262x199px
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.