[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: DeathOfBrian.jpg (49KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
DeathOfBrian.jpg
49KB, 612x380px
What was the point of this?
>>
(you)'s
>>
I don't watch Family Guy, but I think Seth was just getting sick of the show at that point and wanted to do something new. I also think Al Pacino was supposed to voice a new dog to replace Brian or something.
>>
Did anyone even care about Brian?
>>
>>94667226
That dude who got a RIP tattoo did.
>>
I genuinely liked that Italian dog more.
>>
>>94667222
Brian was mentioned in episode descriptions later in that season, they had no intention of keeping him dead.
>>
Publicity.
>>
my favorite moment in this episode was when they showed those overly dramatic slow motion reactions of the griffin family when they found out brian was gonna die, but they all had the fucking B^Uckley face
>>
>>94667247
Vinny was too good for this shit show
>>
>>94667247
>>94667369
you know he does reappear in The Boys In The Band, right? they implied he'll be back eventually
>>
It was funny.
>>
>>94667247
His gimmick would've worn thin after a while, Brian's "generic douche" personality is a lot more ripe for Family Guy's extremely lazy writing
>>
>Family Guy becoming so shit, Seth had to clickbait just to get ratings.
Reminder that Family Guy should've been left cancelled and have American Dad replace it.
>>
>>94667212
To win an Emmy.
>>
>>94667802
Shut up Seth you hack.
>>
>>94667212
get a boost in ratings through a gimmick
>>
Brian dying is their recurring gag now, there was a time when he died three times in one episode, the writers hate him
>>
It signaled a soft reboot of the show
It got over itself in some ways
Feels a tiny bit more like the earlier seasons
>>
We love to make fun of our favorite TV shows from the 1980s.
>>
>>94668484
This, pretty much.

I hadn't watched Family Guy for like, three or four seasons before this episode. It stirred my interest enough to catch it on Netflix, but I didn't bother watching it on TV.
>>
>>94667212
spike in ratings. FG was in a slump for 2 seasons, this stunt brought their numbers back up.
>>
>>94667212
To get people's attention. It worked.
>>
>>94667221
fpbp
>>
>>94667212
Midseason finale to get higher ratings.
>>
File: brian-griffin-tattoo.jpg (68KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
brian-griffin-tattoo.jpg
68KB, 600x900px
>>94667240

oh, you mean this lovely gem?
>>
>>94670259
so fucking funny.
>>
>>94667212
Ratings
>>
>>94667212
Publicity stunt, and a very pointless one at that.
>>
>>94670259
>>
>>94667212
Money
>>
>>94667212
>What was the point of this?
Consider the source of the shows popularity and and ponder your question.
>>
>>94667212
Publicity. Because there's literally no other reason to put in suc a jarringly serious moment in a show where the dad is an actual retard.

Still pissed they never revealed who actually ran him over though.
>>
>>94670259

I'd love to see where this guy is know
>>
It was to get people talking about the show, and it worked. I heard more people talking about Family Guy when that happened than I did in the last several years combined.
>>
>>94668504
that was just ripping off Willie dying 3 times in a Simpsons' Tree house of horror
>>
>>94672567
Probably in some bar going "Haha, want to see my stupid tattoo?"
>>
>>94667212
Ratings trap.
>>
>>94667277
It was more like <B^U than B^U
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.