[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the single best written episode of Rick and Morty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

What is the single best written episode of Rick and Morty?
>>
>>94662167
Evil Morty
>>
>>94662167
i like anatomy park the most
>>
Which one had the Jerry Daycare?
>>
Pickle Rick
>>
>>94662281
>You need to get to the nipple, Morty
>Aww jeez, Rick, I'm hoping to get to both of them
>>
>>94662167
Total Rickall was pretty good.
>>
>>94662332
O I was laffin throughout that episode
>>
>>94662242
Really enjoyed that twist
>>
>>94662167
total rickall
>>
>>94662167
the one where we find out Rick used to date a hive mind named Unity legit made me cry, i'd have to say that one personally. we just see a glimpse at how miserable and unhappy he is with life and himself... feels man
>>
Rick Potion #9
>>
>>94662167
rick potion number nine
before rick potion number nine everyone thought it was just a silly show with no continuity
it really blew everyone away with that twist at the end and gave the show that sweet dark undertone it so desperately needed
hell it was so good that they pulled the we killed rick and morty oh wait its another rick and morty thing again in the last episode of season one
its like seeing hank and dean get killed or morel getting shot, the show wont get another moment like that again
>>
The one with the Devil.
>>
>>94662281
I liked it more before I realized the park owner was Current Year Man
>>
>>94663209
Same here! That's when the show really blew me away. I remember thinking "They handled the deus ex machine plot device pretty well". But, two episodes later, they made a callback to the fact that Morty and Rick jumped realities. It wasn't just a reset button. The show was more than a better written sci fi Simpsons.

And yeah, that was some of the best written deconstructive/meta humor ever. I wish it could all be that good. Jerry's one liners were hilarious, yet badass.
>>
>>94662346
This
>>
Holy fucking shit S3 is terrible
>>
>>94664239
I can't believe it, either, if only because episode 1 was one of the best of the series. I was as worried as everyone else, but that one renewed all faith. I was definitely overzealous because these last 3 were just painfully amateur. I would have figured out right away that they were written by inexperienced writers, had I not known in advance.
>>
>israel
>colored
>diversity
>muh feelings
>a fucking therapy episode
>nigger shit
>xd rick is soooo wacky when he's drunk
IT"S OVER
>>
>>94664270
>I would have figured out right away that they were written by inexperienced writers, had I not known in advance.
same, it's incredibly obvious how the writing has changed
>>
File: d0kkxrj33bfz.jpg (423KB, 2600x1463px) Image search: [Google]
d0kkxrj33bfz.jpg
423KB, 2600x1463px
>>94662167
All the seasons have their moments.
>>
>>94664239
Most watched season to date
>>
>>94664426
That doesn't make it good.
>>
>>94663209
this. best episode of a stellar first season
and it's been downhill since
>>
>>94664440
It's entertainment retard. The more people who take the time to watch it, the more it's agreed to be worth watching among said masses. /Co/ntrarians cant argue away the numbers of people who enjoy the show vs the vocal shit posting minority. Less people choose to watch it when guys were writing the episodes
>>
>>94664334
They're really weird changes, too. I would be able to tell that the writers are amateur, but not necessarily women. It all feels so... uncanny. I get the impression that they wanted to try to preserve the show's style and prove that women "get it", too. But we just ended up with a caricature of the first two seasons. The violence has been cranked way up, despite Look Who's Purging Now making the point that too much violence is a thing. The change in character focus feels like one or more of the writers has a major preference that they can't get over. The overarching divorce plot is extremely underwhelming. We already watched Rick And Morty kill the entire earth. The audience' standards for morbidity has been raised far, far higher than Jerry and Beth getting divorced, and it should be that way for Morty and Summer, too. I'm pretty sure they've made comments about how their parents need to get divorced before, too. Even if it turns out to be completely and I'm just dense, it's still such a weak plot point to extend over the course of an entire season. A highly anticipated season, at that. They wrapped up the federation occupation in one episode, they should focus on this in one, two episodes tops.

Although I don't think that last point can be blamed on the new writers. Dan's personal life is clearly impacting the show majorly. A lot of great art is born from personal strife, but this isn't great art. This is Dan using the show as his own personal diary, at the expense of everyone else. I get the feeling that his control freak nature is really starting to come out, and that it's pushing Justin away.

Justin has his own flaws but I think he brings the most to the show. At least he goes out of his way to get the most brutal criticism, and is pretty vocal about when he hates an episode.
>>
>>94664470
Fast food is extremely popular, but it's still shitty food.
>>
only watched up to season 2... kinda scared for the future from some of the posts in this thread
>>
>>94664490
And entertainment isn't fast food but your salty tears do nourish me
>>
>>94664635
It doesn't matter if it's entertainment or food. Popularity never equals quality.
>>
>>94664307
>nigger shit
Hey that's worked in the past
>>
>>94664812
It's entertainment and popularity does equal quality. Stay mad though
>>
>>94664879
That would mean that shit like MCU are among the best movies ever made, which they aren't.
>>
>>94664893
you fool...you took the bait... >>94664426
>>
>>94663734
>>94663734
Retard: We should bring back the guild economy, the divine right of kings, arranged marriages, and base medicine on the 4 humors.
Non-retard: What the fuck, this isn't the middle ages.
Retard: HURRRRRRR CURRENT YEAR.
>>
>>94663209
This
>>
>>94665727
>why should we prescribe hormones to kids, that seems incredibly irresponsible given trannies have an incredibly high rate of suicide
>ITS THE CURRENT YEAR
Really convinced me
>>
File: flander-white-2.png (154KB, 758x278px) Image search: [Google]
flander-white-2.png
154KB, 758x278px
>>94664483
>I get the impression that they wanted to try to preserve the show's style and prove that women "get it", too. But we just ended up with a caricature of the first two seasons.

I don't think it's a gendered thing. Most successful shows reach a point where the creators are basically just trying to write fanfiction of the first few seasons. Sometimes it's new minds trying to prove they get it, but sometimes it's just the original creators under pressure to "capture the same feel" that made the earlier parts great.

I think the only way for a show to resist it is to stop trying to imitate the past and let the new parts be different. Venture Bros is a great example: core parts of the premise shift every season, and it never tries to relive the glory of earlier eps.
>>
>>94666680
>flanderization
Yeah, that sounds about right. I agree that it's not a gendered thing.
>>
>Pilot
>Snuffles
>Scary Terry
>Love Potion
>Anatomy Park
>Mr. Meeseeks
Greatest episodes in the series.
That episode introducing the council of Ricks was the beginning of the end.
>>
>>94663209
Yeah. They really blew their wad early. Should have kept building up fun Roiland adventures with just Rick and Morty, and saved RP#9 for the season 2 finale.
>>
File: Geert Wilders.jpg (2MB, 3102x2514px) Image search: [Google]
Geert Wilders.jpg
2MB, 3102x2514px
Rick and Morty season 3 feels like a sitcom parodying Rick and Morty season 1. I bet Roiland is fucking miserable.
>>
>>94662167
Rick potion #9
>>
>>94662332
>puffy vagina
>>
>>94667874
He seems less enthusiastic as the time goes. I remember him being annoyed at a few episodes in season 2. I barely heard anything from him about season 3.
>>
>>94667961
What's wrong with that? That I doesn't sound like a problem to me, I don't know
>>
>>94667874
>>94667994
>hear all these stories of roiland being fucking weird or drunk in the writing room
>women enter the writing room
>he can't do this shit anymore
>appears to be bored with the show now
>>
>>94668047
I personally don't think the show's gone as far down hill as most anons but I hadn't even considered how Roiland is going to have to restrain his general weirdness and be more of a professional now.
To be fair though this was probably going to happen with or without women on staff as the show's become more and more mainstream and there's a lot more scrutiny on the staff.
>>
>>94662167
I love the Beth and Jerry marriage counseling episode just because that monster creator was such a fun plot device. Almost a shame they only did one episode with it.
>>
>>94668154
The whole meseeks episode was conceived because he was drunk rolling around the office screaming in his meseeks voice.
>>
>>94666572
>>94666572
>why should we prescribe hormones to kids, that seems incredibly irresponsible given trannies have an incredibly high rate of suicide

It's far higher pre-op than post op. I don't think it should be given to "kids", but older teens, yeah. Let's be honest; you don't care if they kill themselves.
>>
>>94664483
>>94664483
>Justin has his own flaws but I think he brings the most to the show.

Have you seen his proto-R&M cartoons without Dan on board? They're like edgy Newgrounds cartoons from 2007.
>>
The one where they go to the fungus planet and- Oh wait, I'm thinking of Cowboy Bebop.

Maybe the one where time skips forward in specific areas and- Damn it, that's Futurama.
>>
>>94662281
>They're building a piece of shit! They're building a monument to compromise!
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.