[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SOON What are you guys hoping to see in it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

File: defenders soon.jpg (62KB, 588x459px) Image search: [Google]
defenders soon.jpg
62KB, 588x459px
SOON

What are you guys hoping to see in it?
>>
I'm hoping it completely drops the ball and salts the Netflix/Marvel earth in its wake.
>>
Daredevil leaving most of the hitting people work to the rest of them and using his powers in cool ways.
>>
If they don't kill the Hand, I'm going to find it very hard to continue watching these shows. The Hand is so tedious with how they have to keep playing up their mystery, when they're just so fucking boring.
>>
>>94658739
Marvel already announced they're pulling out of Netflix so I'm not sure how much more you can salt it
>>
I'm hoping to not see it.
>>
Hopefully its more interesting than Iron Fist because that was so fucking dull.
>>
>>94658708
>a better Danny
>A good friendship with danny and luke
>Jessica Jones being a cunt to everyone
>Some good JJ and DD interactions
>Sexy Elektra

JJ is what I'm most looking forward too
>>
I never watched Iron Fist past the first episode. Was I missing much?
>>
>>94658801
nice lies

That's Disney animated movies
>>
>>94658883
>That's Disney animated movies

It's not just animated movies, it's Disney that's pulling out of Netflix and they own all Marvel properties, the entire reason they're pulling out is to start their own streaming network

You think they're gonna leave their Star Wars and Marvel stuff on Netflix...a competitor? Really?
>>
>>94658878
https://youtu.be/E5ft_XZo7Hw

This is the only scene you missed.
>>
>>94658878
It got pretty good as it went on.

Just don't expect to see the dragon
>>
Wait, its this close to release? Whatever, dont really care anymore. Iron Fist was the last straw for me.
>>
>>94658839
I guess I'm just a weirdo, I found Iron Fist the most interesting of the 4.
>>
>>94658930
Or Kun Lun.

And a very weak Bride of Nine Spiders.
>>
>>94658910
Netflix OWNS those shows, so no, Disney can't take them back
>>
>>94658708
I wanna watch the rich white guy hit black people. But not in a racist way.
>>
>>94658978
>Not knowing how contracted properties work

You silly billy
>>
>>94658777
At least they did something different with them in Luke Cage. Wasn't just mysterious ninja assassins in the dozens.
>>
>>94658770
>that guy's got pork
>>
>>94658974

>Daredevil gets to fight actual big-boy ninjas in full outfits

>Iron Fist gets to fight some Latino guy with a weeb name and his is army of Foot Clan Teenagers right out of the first Ninja Turtles movie

Scoot Buck was a mistake. People shit on Diamondback, but Bokuto wins for the single worst Netflix villain.
>>
A show that doesn't shit the beat at the two thirds mark.
>>
>>94658974
Yeah that was probably my biggest gripe about the show, sure maybe they could never really adapt Immortal Weapons but dont give me a half ass consolation prize.
>>
>>94659083
It you who don't understand. Neflix owns those shows outright and will continue to forever. If Marvel wants to stop make Netflix shows and do ones on their own streaming service, they can do that. But they will never get THOSE shows back, they belong to Netflix
>>
>>94658944

You're definitely a weirdo.
>>
>>94659109
He got to fight a really cool drunken master AND Davos so nothing your weak ass can say will take that from him!
>>
>>94658930

Did we watch the same show? It actively got worse as it went on like all the Netflix shows.
>>
>>94659139
>STILL doesn't understand distribution rights and licenses

If Disney decides they can't show it anymore once the contract is up they'll never be able to show them again.
>>
>>94658708
Shit I have to force myself to finish Iron Fist now. Maybe I'm done with this Netflix stuff like I've been done with the movies for a while.
>>
>>94659153

>the best fight was with some nameless guy who was a glorified security guard

Scott Buck was a mistake.

>>94659165

Some people are trying to argue that Iron Fist gets better as it goes on.

Which I guess is technically true, but the quality jump is so small as to be irrelevant. All the shit with The Hand at the end was awful, it felt like the back half of DDS2 but somehow worse.
>>
>>94659153
eh, only Drunken Master was good and even that was mediocre. I like Davos as a character but his fight was bad. Honestly, the best fights were with Colleen
>>
>>94659174
They can still show them, but won't make anymore if Disney says so.
>>
>>94659174
Not that type a contract. Shows produced by Netflix are OWNED by netflix. This isn't them making a contract to stream someone elses property. Netflix made the show, they can show it for as long as they operate, they don't need Disney's permission or any new contracts
>>
>>94659212
>Scott Buck
He revealed why the choreography was so bad for many of his fights...there was none.

They didn't do anything with him for many of the fights and they started filming and told him what to do as they did the filming with nothing beforehand for the scene, it's not his fault. The director/Netflix botched the shooting schedule so everything was RUSHRUSHRUSHRUSHRUSH
>>
File: top gun.jpg (33KB, 491x404px) Image search: [Google]
top gun.jpg
33KB, 491x404px
>>94658708
I'm hoping to see me in it. I was an extra in the first episode.
>>
>>94659250

Scott Buck was the showrunner famalam. Finn Jones is the lead actor, I'm not blaming him for the show's sins when the hack that ruined Dexter is right there.
>>
>>94659255
I remember some of your threads, anon.
>>
>>94658708
I want to see Luke and Jessica do some ACTUAL heavy lifting. Some real powerhouse shit.
>>
>>94658916
That's not this scene
https://youtu.be/lIi2Y6wQALg
>>
>>94659345
They did some heavy fucking
>>
File: 1333671138541.png (171KB, 335x358px) Image search: [Google]
1333671138541.png
171KB, 335x358px
>>94659165
Okay here's my take on the quality. It was a train wreck because as the series went on, I got invested in the wrong people. I cared about Danny Rand exponentially as the series went on, as well as any woman he got near.

Now Meechum and son, I couldn't turn away from that shit. That whole family looked like they walked into the wrong show. It was filled with overwrought drama and illogical decisions, like a season of Dallas. And yet I was invested in that shit. Way more than I should have been.

Ward Meachum was clearly set up to be an unlikeable asshole and his sister was set up as an end-game love interest, but Ward was the only one who was a consistent source of sanity. He just wanted to keep his sister safe and run the family company -- a place that employed hundreds of people. Throughout the show he has to deal with a homicidal dad, a kung fu hobo becomes his boss, a sister who is dumber than a box of rocks, and a drug addiction.

He didn't ask for that kind of life, and no one normal is equipped to deal with that madness. But the fucker did his best through all of it. He's the real hero of the show, and I'll fight anyone who says different.
>>
>>94659475
*exponentially less, I mean.
>>
>>94659139
>Neflix owns those shows outright
this isn't sony/fox
>>
Someone tell me if Punisher is in it
>>
>>94659631
He is, but briefly.
>>
File: shaggy 2 dope.jpg (54KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
shaggy 2 dope.jpg
54KB, 612x612px
>>94659475

>Now Meechum and son, I couldn't turn away from that shit.

Becuase Scott Buck clearly didn't want to make an Iron Fist show, he wanted to make a House of Cards/Empire combination show about a feuding family fighting over control of a company. He just folded all of that into an Iron Fist series.

It's clear Buck didn't care about Danny, the character had zero consistent motivation or goals. He was floating from scene to scene for 13 episodes with nothing defined about him. He was a different person each episode and didn't even have something approaching a villain until the last 3 episodes.

To be fair, it helps that Tom Pelphray is a way beter actor then Finn Jones (and a better fighter, even though they never actually used that in the show) and David Wenham was the only actor allowed to be hammy and have any fucking fun in the series. Even Joy, as terribly written as she was, was at least played by a committed actress.
>>
>>94659350
I like the idea, but that guy died way too fast and didn't struggle enough to being choked.
>>
WHEN IS THE PUNISHER BEING RELEASED?
>>
>>94658708
the action scenes look good, they better deliver luke and danny bromance
>>
>>94659525
no it isn't, with sony/fox they have to keep producing material in order to hold RIGHTS. Netflix already made it, so it's theirs. It's like if the F4 rights was allowed to lapse and Disney/Marvel got the rights back, that doesn't suddenly mean they now own the rights to the Fox F4 movies, Fox still owns those and makes any money from them.

God people are really stupid sometimes...
>>
File: 1496862929773.jpg (25KB, 287x287px) Image search: [Google]
1496862929773.jpg
25KB, 287x287px
>>94658916
>mfw vanilla
>>
>>94659475
I don't think you'll get many fighting you on that.
Ward had a perfect motivation behind every decision he made, even the times when he changed his mind.

If they can keep Davos's motivations half that good, when we'll be okay. His anger has been pretty understandable so far, but he can't know he's working for the Hand. That would make him way too much of a hypocrite.
>>
I'm hoping to see Iron Fist in costume.
>>
>>94659783
>Netflix already made it
under license
this will keep being repeated until it gets inside your retarded little head
UNDER. LICENSE.
which is never "in perpetuity" for exactly this reason
>>
>>94659959
so do you think fox can no longer sell their daredevil movie cause they lose the rigths?
>>
>>94659893
not happening. Finn Jones said he WANTS a costume though
>>
>>94659709
>Becuase Scott Buck clearly didn't want to make an Iron Fist show, he wanted to make a House of Cards/Empire combination show

Oh trust me, I'm well aware. All the kung fu homages felt like a checklist, like they "should" have a drunken master and a femme fatale, so here you go. It's borderline tragic because they burned away so many cool tropes of the genre. Now they'll have to go balls-to-the-wall special effects in fighting scenes just to stand out.
>>
Danny learns how to act and fight.
>>
A single terrible plot point in Luke Cage will continue to bring down his appearance in this.
They really should have gone with something more creative than having the badguys invent better bullets that can break his skin. Now whenever he confidently stands in front of gunfire, you've got to wonder why he isn't worried about tougher bullets, and you'll have to wonder just when they'll get widespread enough to tag him with one again, considering how many bullets he gets hit with.
>>
I plan on watching the last ep first. If I encounter anything that makes me care I'll start back at the beginning, if I dont, the show will have met my expectations.
>>
>>94660703
That's the stupidest way to watch anything except maybe a season in a power rangers marathon.
>>
File: I want to protect this smile.jpg (38KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
I want to protect this smile.jpg
38KB, 500x386px
>>94659475

Ward was a ray of sunshine in an otherwise miserable show.
>>
>>94660594

Yeah, that shit was a huge mistake, both for that reason and the fact that wasting an episode wanking over the science of his skin bogged everything down. They should totally have taken Mariah's suggestions about poisoning or drowning him or any of the other myriad ways in which you could kill someone whose only defensive power is "unbreakable skin".
>>
>>94659475
>now that just mean ward
only thing savable in this shit show
>>
Costumes
>>
>>94659978
They pay a licensing fee

They don't own Daredevil, therefore they must pay

They would have to cease distribution if Disney decided not to continue the license
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.