[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Our Kingdom Come

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1753719-kingdomcomehd.jpg (486KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1753719-kingdomcomehd.jpg
486KB, 1600x1200px
I thought a thread on the continued relevence of Kingdom Come would be interesting, if we can put away the memes for a second.

Magog killing the Joker, and being aquitted, reflects a more realistic view of the 'pragmatic' way to resolve his endless sprees. But, of course, it also reflects a discussion we are always having. (It's also interesting how they had Injustice play out, and the implication that it's just as much self-hatred fueling Regime Superman, but that's another topic.)

On that same note, how heroes in a certain comic house are largely "...progeny of the past, inspired by the legends of those who came before... if not the morals."

So many legacy characters, and so many of them all flash and power, with little to no likable traits. Most recently Riri invading a country. The entire Civil War 2 plotline, and to be fair the first, too. I'm not going to bully Marvel; while I feel DC is doing it less, and less obnoxiously when they do, you only have to look at the lifting up of Harley, and the majority of the New 52.
>>
>>94656992
Kingdom Come isn't good. If literally anyone but Alex Ross had drawn it, it wouldn't have nearly as much praise as it does. I'm glad /co/'s been coming around on it in recent years.
>>
>>94656992
>It's also interesting how they had Injustice play out, and the implication that it's just as much self-hatred fueling Regime Superman,
>Implying they put any thought into it besides "Dude what if Batman and Superman fought but Superman was evil, but not evil enough to just kill Batman lmao"
At least KC didn't ruin characters for casuals like Injustice is doing. I don't think Superman will ever recover.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.