[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

616 Universe vs. 1610 Universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 16

File: Ultimatum05FinchWraparoundCover.jpg (369KB, 1725x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimatum05FinchWraparoundCover.jpg
369KB, 1725x600px
Since it's inception, the Ultimate Universe has generated a little bit of controversy concerning how characters/storylines are interpreted. One of the defining characteristics of the Ultimate Universe is that the stories told are generally more outlandish/batshit insane whereas the Main Universe tended to have a more conservative/classic approach to the characters (although that has changed in recent years). What I want to know is which versions of characters do you prefer from the Universes? For instance...

616 Spider-Man vs. Ultimate Spider-Man (Peter)
>This isn't even a contest, Ultimate Pete had the heart of a true hero and wasn't nearly as insufferable as current Peter.

616 Captain America (Pre Hydra) vs. 1610 Captain America
>While I consider 1610 the physically and tactically superior of the two, 616 Cap is a much easier character to root for by a mile.

616 Iron Man (Tony) vs 1610 Iron Man
>While i do enjoy both characters, I'm going to give this one to Ultimate Tony as he possesses a greater sense of humility (my opinion) as well as an entirely different attitude towards super heroing. 616 Tony drank to deal with the stresses of his life that Iron Man brings about. Ultimate Tony drinks because he needs that little boost of courage to pilot the suit.
>>
File: chat hat.jpg (48KB, 317x213px) Image search: [Google]
chat hat.jpg
48KB, 317x213px
They're both shit and the best universe is Marvel Adventures
>>
I prefer ultimate Mile to 616 Miles.
>>
File: Ultimates_Vol_1_5_Textless.jpg (76KB, 600x920px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimates_Vol_1_5_Textless.jpg
76KB, 600x920px
616 Fantastic Four vs. Ultimate Fantastic Four
>This one was an easy pic because I enjoy all the members of the team whereas Ultimate Sue is a goddamn bitch and drags the team down by default. If I had to choose between Reeds it would be Ultimate Reed but only by a little bit. Near the end of the Ultimates he committed himself to the betterment of the world without the need for his future children. His proactive attitude was fucking awesome.

616 Hulk vs. Ultimate Hulk
>I prefer Ultimate Hulk only because he's written realistically. I think Pak retroactively made it so the Hulk never killed anyone and I find that absolutely sloppy writing.>Also his Hulk feels much more like a representation of his darker impulses coming to the surface rather than suggesting he has all these split personalities with each personality being a different Hulk.

>>94654809
I do enjoy Marvel Adventures but if you had to choose between 616 and 1610, which one would you go with?
>>
>>94654925
I think technically they are the same person. Unless you're referring to the criminal Miles Morales. Also if you;re not and just comparing Miles across the two universe, then I absolutely agree he was better written in Ultimate.

616 Hank Pym vs. 1610 Hank Pym
>Like the Spider-Man decision, this one was a no brainer. 616 Pym is a man that accepts the decisions he made both good and bad and actively works to atone himself. Ultimate Hank was a manic depressive individual that beats his wife and doesn't quite accept responsibility (when talking to cap he brought up his medications).
>>
616 Thor Odinson vs 1610 Thor
>This is a very hard decision because I find both of these versions insanely likeable. I have a lot of exposure to Ultimate Thor but I never really got into the 616 Version. My experience with him is JMS Thor, Fraction's Thor, and Aaron's Thor so I'm missing out of his earlier adventures.
>>
File: Edward_Brock_(Earth-616)_0001.jpg (30KB, 308x405px) Image search: [Google]
Edward_Brock_(Earth-616)_0001.jpg
30KB, 308x405px
616 Venom vs Ultimate Venom
>This is another hard one because I have a lot of exposure to both characters. Taken alltogether, I'm going to go with my main man Brock but only under the circumstance that he knows Peter is Spidey. Also the last real of Ultimate Venom was in the war of the symbiotes arc and I didn't feel like he ended on a good note. If we're willing to count The Ultimate Spider-Man game as the definitive end for Ult. Venom then I'm willing to go and reevaluate.
>>
>>94655042
He isn't the same person though. His history makes no sense now. He seems to remember his universe but he's only talked about it in passing as if he doesn't care that all his other friends didn't make it. I can't wait for Ultimate Reed to bring back the Ultimate universe. I hope they make Miles Morales go back or something. I miss Jessica Drew...
>>
616 Spider-Man vs Ultimate Spider-Man
>I prefer Ultimate Spider-Man. His banter was about as good as 616's, and he got into more interesting hijinks when the mask was off. Also, as corny as it seems, I like how Ult. Spider-Man's origin was explicitly tied to Oscorp.
>>
File: norman-osborn.jpg (438KB, 1280x1205px) Image search: [Google]
norman-osborn.jpg
438KB, 1280x1205px
616 Norman Osborn vs 1610 Osborn
>Both of these characters are suitably demented in their own way. 616 Osborn is more of a controlling megalomaniac that wants the world under his rule. Ultimae Osborn on the otherhand simultaneiously wants to murder Peter Parker (almost becoming one track minded) and be recognized globally for the Oz formula (which almost seems like a better super soldier serum). End of the day, I'm going with 616 Norman because he weaponized the cure for cancer on multiple occassoins and literally crucufied one of his employees using rusted goblin-rangs. He later through this employee off a mountaintop.

616 Black Fury vs 1610 Fury.
>Ultimate Fury all the way because it seems like they are trying their hardest to have a version of him in the 616 Universe and his backstory is incredibly contrived. They seriously should have just ported him from 1610 to 616 instead of creating a bastardized character. 616 Regular Fury vs Ultimate Fury would have a much different outcome. 616 Fury was an absolute badass.

>>94655351
>>94655427
>>94655307
Thanks for clarifying. I 100% agree that Ultimate Miles was a more compelling character than 616 Miles. And I also agree that Jessica Drew should come back as well.
>>
616 Mysterio vs. 1610 Mysterio.
>I know both are technically the same character but they feel like separate characters. Both use their technology to cause intense illusions and hallucinations in their opponents but their attitudes differ. 616 Mysterio seems like a grand showman that simply wants to commit crime and live the high life. Ultimate Mysterio on the hand has a much more lethal edge to him. He has a no nonsense attitude and it not the least bit afraid to straight up murder his opponents. In his first appearance he killed the Kingpin to clear the game board and has tried to murder uLtimate Spidey in one of their earlier encounters. Through the use of his avatar, he has a much more direct and in your face approach because he doesn't have to worry about his mortality, in essence making him much scarier. So in summary, I definitely prefer Ultimate Mysterio and I love his look (I love the fish bowel helment). The only thing I never got was how did he acquire the tech to visit alternate worlds?
>>
616 Jonah vs. 1610 Jonah
>Ultimate JJJ is one of the most well written characters that Bendis has ever created. He undergoes a monumental change as the series progresses and making him into a complex character that learns from his mistakes. 616 JJJ is a punchline at this point and just needs to die. He has undergone zero growth and is till the Spider-Bashing Bastard he's always been, ignoring that his late wife''s dying wish was for him to stop blaming Spidey (to an extent).
>>
>>94654733
prime marvel universe is the best
>>
File: bduzzsL.png (2MB, 829x971px) Image search: [Google]
bduzzsL.png
2MB, 829x971px
>>94656458
So does that mean 616 or is it referring to some other alternate universe? I'm sorry for not getting the term.

616 May vs. 1610 May
>I would have originally gone with the 616 version but they undid all of her characterization in the JMS run which is a travesty. As a result I'm going with Ultimate May.
>Pic definitely related.
>>
>>94654929
>616 Hulk vs. Ultimate Hulk
Read PAD's run you fuck
>>
>>94656141
Old Man Logan Mysterio was scarier.
>>
>>94656540
Gimme your thoughts on Black Cat. I heard my friends arguing over which one is better and want you, a man with patrician taste, to speak your mind.
>>
>>94656540
It seems like you're taking 616 at its worse and comparing it to Ultimates. That's not fair. You should take the best interpretation in each universe and pair them off.
>>
>>94656585
I'm totally willing to do that. Just don't know which specific issues they are. Do you by chance happen to know where I could find them?

Still mantaining that if we're looking at World War Hulk and beyond I still say Banner wins. The Hulk has to have killed people. It's what makes him a menace to society. If you have a version that has never taken a human life even by accident you have a poorly written character

>>94656694
This is extremely difficult as Slott has recently assasinated her character like no tomorrow. If we're going to exclude everything Slott did and look at her portrayal in the series Marvel Knights: Spider-Man by Millar, it would be 616

>>94656894
I'm all the way. Ultimate Felicia is super attractive but nothing more than just someone for Spider-Man to team up with. She had a similar reaction to Peter when he unmasked in the 616 series as she loved Spider-Man but not Peter Parker, this version literally puked on his crotch. 616 Felicia eventually learned to love both Spider-man and Peter Parker whereas Ult. Felicia didn't really do much since the prelude to the Death of Spider-Man

>>94656894
I have to take 616 in its entirerty against Ultimates in its entirerty and unfortunately 616 has rebooted so much that the characters we enjoyed simply don't exist anymore. If we were talking about the characters up to a decade ago it would be 616 cleaning house but the main writers on these titles has butchered what came before so I gotta side with Ultimate.
>>
>>94656894
But then Ultimate wouldn't have a chance.
>>
>>94656946
That's literally what I just said. 616 would wipe the floor with Ultimate Universe and only a handful of characters from Ultimate would be better than their 616 Versions. Ultimate Peter would still be superior. Nothing is going to change that. The only version of Peter that I feel could stand up to Utimate version is the Marvel Adventures Universe as a prior anon had mentioned.
>>
>>94656936
The Incredible Hulk #331 - #467
http://getcomics.info/marvel/the-incredible-hulk-ultimate-collection/
>>
>>94656694
1610 Felicia hasn't been character assassinated all to shit, so she wins by default.

But Marvel hates anyone with the last name 'Hardy', so it doesn't matter much.
>>
>>94656936
They've already walked back that retcon and even if they hadn't Banner still has and always will have at least one death on his conscious.
>>
616 Moon Knight vs. 1610 Moon Knight.
>This is one of the more interesting matchups because 616 Moony has had a number of very distinct portrayals that each have their own feel while Ultimate Moony was written predominately by Bendis and he actually did a fantastic job. His portrayal of alternate personalities was well done and their interactions with each other are gold. However, 616 Moony has had a plethora of good comics where he's an absolute badass and a couple arcs that were less than stellar.
>If it wasn't for Huston, Hurwitz, and ELlis revitalizing the character I would have voted for the Ultimate Version, but he has been portrayed spectacularly in recent comics so I'm going to go with 616.
>Hurwitz was my first real exposure but then I read Huston and was floored. Still making my way through his back catalog.

>>94657030
Yeah, I kinda invalidated myself by only looking at her up to OMD. Ultimate Felicia has not be tinkered with nearly as much and therfore a much more consistent character.

>>94657022
Dude, this is astounding. Thank you for leading me to the right direction and not just attacking me for being a pleb. Fucking A man.

>>94657110
Do you by chance happen to know the issue nubmer where they backpedaled? I'm not saying it did't happen, I just want to know under what circumstance they decided to go back and say, "yeah, he's killed people".
>>
>>94657156
>Do you by chance happen to know the issue nubmer where they backpedaled? I'm not saying it did't happen, I just want to know under what circumstance they decided to go back and say, "yeah, he's killed people".
It's one of the Totally Awesome Hulk issues where they touch upon the retarded super math concept. They instead say that the math kept Hulk from killing people who didn't deserve it or some shit like that. Probably because every Hulk (whether it be Grey,Savage, Gravage, or the Professor) have all killed someone or tried to end a life. Not to mention deaths caused ethier by inaction or as a result of their actions.
>>
File: 9780785144007.jpg (181KB, 416x640px) Image search: [Google]
9780785144007.jpg
181KB, 416x640px
616 Avengers vs. Ultimates 1610
-Before I compare, I think I need to compare the initial lineup of each to make it fair. The comparisons will include Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Giant Man, Wasp.
>As much as I love the Ultimates (and I do love teh Ultimates), I'm going to have to give it to 616 Avengers. They have a much more dynamic relationship amongst all member rather than select members and they are all insanely more likeable (especially hank in 616). They have all undergone significant changes in recent years (Hank Pym becoming Ultron) but I feel they have all remained true to their core. The shuffling writers of the Ultimate Universe unfortunately leads to some characters remaining amazing while some start taking stupid pills (Ultimate Comics Captain America). 616 Avengers wins out but not by much, and only with this team. IF we start adding in other members it becomes a little more difficult.
>I'm completely willing to concede I'm wrong in this assessment and would love to hear your opinions.
>I would love to compare the Ultimate Avengers to someone but I don't know who would be suitable.
>>
>>94656243
>He has undergone zero growth and is till the Spider-Bashing Bastard he's always been

That was due to Slot who want him to return to status quo. JJJ was supporting until he got blackmailed and taken the fall.
>>
>>94657640
>JJJ
>created by Bendis
Dear fucking God.
>>
>>94657705
While Bendis didn't create the original character, he did create the Ultimate version that became superior to the 616 version. I feel like you're trying to get angry for no reason.
>>
>>94654733
You should set some parameters because 616 characters have much more massive backstories and have that much more advantage over most Ultimate versions. Like I would take Ultimate Peter over current 616 Peter, but definitely not over ALL 616 Spider-Man ever.
>>
File: 1408931867706.jpg (494KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1408931867706.jpg
494KB, 1366x768px
>>94658111
I like to think of it more as an average of everything 616 and Ultimate Produced. FOr instance, I would include everything from his start to current Slott for 616 Peter and include Ultimate's beginnings to to Death of Spider-Man (plus the Miles Morales issues).

Sure, having more comics may initially seem like a plus but those comics may also drag the overall score down. That said, I have zero issue with you making specific comparisons such as....
JMS Spidey vs Slott Spidey
>JMS Spidey all the way.
Just make sure you clarify. If I'm going to say 616 Spidey, I'm incorporating everything. If I'm saying Jenkins Spidey (I'm predominately focusing on his SPectacular Spider-Man Series).

616 Daredevil vs. 1610 Daredevil
>This is one of the most one sided matchups I've made. It's not even a competetion in the slightest. 616 Murdock would straight up decimate Ultimate Daredevil like nobodies business. 616 Daredevil has eras of good comics to pull from while Ultimate DD has the Bendis issues and Pak series (If I remember correctly). Fact in that Daredevil died during Ultimatum off panel and the decision is already decidied.
>>
616 Carnage vs. Ultimate Carnage
>This one was harder than I expected. Both of them are straight up monsters with zero regard for human life so straight up sociopathy can't be used as a deciding factor. Due to all of Carnage's recent stories and insane abilities, I consider him a tad too ridiculous and so far removed from other symbiotes therefore I'm going with Ultimate Carnage. Aslo, Ultimate Carnage had a bond to Ultimate Peter and at some level that makes Peter feel responsible for all the bad shit it does.
>Kassidy should not be able to survive a shotgun blast the blows up his head. Bonding with the symbiote is one thing but he's effectively immortal, how the fuck did that happen?
>I totally get why 616 Carnage might be some people's favorites, but I 616's plethora of abilities. He seriously seems like a fan fiction character rather than someone that exists in the main world. I thought his death at the Sentry's hands was a suitable endpoint for the creature.
>>
616 Wolverine vs. Ultimate Wolverine
>This is an interesting choice as I feel Ultimate WOlverine was much more okay labeling himself as the bad guy while 616 Wolvy is constantly trying to ammend those he had wronged over the decdes he lived. Ultimate Wolverine is taller and has a much more extreme healing factor but in terms of character development and growth, I gotta hand it to 616 Wolverine.
>>
>>94659291
I don't like Ultimate Carnage but I have to agree with you on 616's Carnage. He was made out of 90's edge.

>>94659578
Agreed 100%. Wolverine in 1610 isn't the worst, but he's no 616 Logan, who has a deep, rich character.
>>
>>94655307

Miles does in fact remember. Bendis just never brings it up because he's a lazy sack of shit.

That one panel in Gwenpool can be explained as ether the writer didn't know Miles still remembered his old universe OR Miles deliberately faked not remembering his mom died because Gwenpool is a crazy bitch and vindicating her in any way seems like a bad idea.
>>
>>94659760
Know of any other kickass comparisons? I was going to compare 616 Cyclops to Ultimate Cyclops but I don't think that would be fair to Ultimate. When Gillen was writing Cyke he was the definition of a true hero.
>I know he killed Xavier but his interpretiaon in the Claremont and Morrison issues cement Cyke as one of my favorite characters. He's not perfect by any means, but he's solid.
>>
>>94660308
Kitty Pride, Eddie Brock, Janet Pym, Hawk Eye, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane, Jessica Drew.
>>
>>94654809
Isn't he start dating her and then Emma got jealous about it and whipped Peter's and everyones mind to think that he is her boyfriend?
>>
Which Earth marvel using now? I stopped reading after Peter's death.

Wanted to pick Ms.Marvel but shit just got so confusing.
>>
File: 1468280452696.jpg (703KB, 1226x1216px) Image search: [Google]
1468280452696.jpg
703KB, 1226x1216px
1610 Captain America > 616 Captain America

1610 Iron-man > 616 Iron-man

616 Thor > 1610 Thor

616 Hulk > 1610 Hulk

1610 Hercules > 616 Hercules

1610 Quicksilver and Wanda (Ultimates 1 & 2 only) > 616 Quicksilver and Wanda

616 Spider-man > 1610 Spider-man

1610 Jessica Drew > 616 Jessica Drew

1610 Kitty Pryde > 616 Kitty Pryde

616 Fantastic Four > 1610 Fantastic Four

616 Doctor Doom > 1610 Doctor Doom
>>
>>94654733
Ultimate Peter is just 616 Peter but younger

in fact I'm pretty sure the entire Ultimate Universe was just a long-running scheme by Bendis because they wouldn't give him real Spider-man
>>
>>94661669
Everything's correct except Cap and Herc. Good job tho Anon.
>>
>>94661669
>Hercules
fuck off
>>
>>94661669
>Quickincest
>Better than 616 Pietro
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.